Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V14B

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:46 am

mudkip01 wrote:When use new unit graphics is unchecked the Lamias and Imps still use the new unit graphics are they supposed to now?

They don't really HAVE new graphics... or rather... they ALWAYS had the new graphics.

-------------------------------------------------------

>>Content Menu

Hide? How?

-------------------------------------------------------

>>new main entry screenshots

No! Are my slimes losing?!
Turbotowns
???

Postby DollyFailFail » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:06 am

mudkip01 wrote:When use new unit graphics is unchecked the Lamias and Imps still use the new unit graphics are they supposed to now?

I don't think the Imps have new unit graphics. It's just that their default graphics match the style of the new ones because they were made by the same person.
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:20 am

Delennd wrote:is there any chance we could see some demoness vs angels in the future?

Certainly, if someone makes the sprites

The imps and lamia are were mostly unchanged between the old sprites and new so I decided not to complicate things by giving them old versions, and just have them use the updated sprites. The tigers only exist as of the new patch, so they also use the new sprites.

Turbotowns wrote:>>Content Menu
Hide? How?

I'm not really sure what you're asking.

Turbotowns wrote:No! Are my slimes losing?!

I think it was pretty even when I took the shot, there's 1 dead slime, and 1 fox in a slime's belly (I usually try to hover over a unit that has a prey for the tooltip when I'm taking the tactical shot)
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby LostSoul13 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:02 am

Alright, so, something weird just happened while I was playing. The slime queen's army was about 6-10 tiles away on the world map, so I positioned my units carefully next to a slime village to make sure she wouldn't be able to attack me, because her army was actually kind of threatening. I end my turn, and suddenly I'm being attacked by the slime queen's army! I barely managed to win, but I'm kind of confused by what happened. My guess is that because I was next to a slime village, the queen's original army was either defeated or dismissed, and then on the slime's turn they made a new army in the village right next to me and sent it out. I don't think anything here that happened was a bug, I just thought it'd be interesting to share.

Edit:
Thank you so much for moving the level options closer! I haven't had to do a massive level up spread yet, but I can tell it'll be so much less tedious! Also, whenever the AI becomes able to hire mercenaries, if you do ever make that change, I can definitely see their new leveling system to make the game much more challenging.

And a bug report I almost forgot: The universal slider for army size still only goes down to 8, despite you having lowered the minimum to 2. The individual sliders work fine.
LostSoul13
Been posting for a bit

Postby ouphe » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:11 pm

There are a few of the stomach messages for the combat log where the role is messed up, such as stating PREDATOR has digested in PREDATOR's stomach, or other such issues. There were two or three I've seen where it uses the wrong one between the PREDATOR and the PREY for which is where.
ouphe
Participator

Re: Vore War V14A

Postby HS » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:27 pm

Just my opinions on these.

Smart - less exp to level - Fine
dumb - more exp to level - Fine
Resilient - bonus health - or could be a simple -1 to all incoming damage
Strong - more melee damage - Fine
Voracious - Bonus to Vore - Fine
High Capacity - have more stomach capacity than their stomach stat would give them - Might be OP with higher level units.
Feral - penalty to weapon usage? - Or total inability to use weapons? Perhaps with a bonus to unarmed damage?
Loyal - stays with whatever side hires it? -- that's sort of a disadvantage though - Isn't this the status quo already? Or is it a protection from out of money defection?
Weak - less damage - Less melee damage would be fine. Especially if ranged units ever lose the ability to fire when next to a hostile unit, or start suffering from a penalty in that situation.
small - easy to vore (the need for this mostly disppeared when greenslime suggested race sizes) - Could be a smaller than normal individual though, with lesser body size, effective penalty to will and a penalty on own stomach. Could have the opposite Big trait.
Slow - reduced movement and dodge - Movement and dodge penalties would perhaps work best separate.
Quick - increased movement and dodge - Movement and dodge bonuses would perhaps work best separate.
Pack Hunters - gain a stat bonus for each adjacent friendly unit - Potentially OP, so there should be a limit of getting bonus only for up to two units or something to keep things manageable.

Prolific breeder - bonus pop growth - This is bunnies.
Escape artist - greatly increased escape rate - Fine
Slow digestion - prey take damage slowly - Fine
Berserk - ability - allows 2 attacks but takes double damage? - Or has a dodge chance of zero? That's what a berserker does after all, focusing on offense to the detriment of defense.
Defensive screen - every adjacent unit increases vore defense - a bunny stat? - As long as surrendered units don't count as adjacent units this would work fine. Otherwise this would be OP with no kill settings.
Stealthy - bonus to defense if not attacked this turn - Tricky. Would work better with tactical battle LoS, so perhaps keep it in hold for now?

Regeneration - as it says -- perhaps only in between battles? - If this can be programmed to return only up to half of the health lost in current battle it would be fine. Most units tend to die/get eaten the same turn they first get attacked anyway, thanks to ranged units ganging up to them.
Flight - bonus to dodging melee attacks and penalty to dodging ranged attacks? - And ability to move over obstacles as long as the movement doesn't end over them?
Frenzy - increases stats for each attack made during a battle? - Could be very OP.
Intimidation - enemy units within 1 tile get accuracy penalty? - Fine
Thrill seeker - the lower hp gets, the better stats get? - Interesting
Team player - will take damage intended for allies? - Fine
Marksmen - bonus to ranged range - Or a to hit bonus or a chance for a critical hit that gives a damage bonus. Having a to hit chance over 100% could always give a critical hit chance, by the way.
Ravenous - penalty if no prey, bonus if prey? - Perhaps something alike the berserker, where there's a bonus to speed and voracity until first prey eaten, but at the cost of no defense?

Slime - Strong against weapons, weak against vore? - I'd think something you can't properly grap would be strong against vore too. Perhaps strong against ranged?
Crypters - slow breeding related to having to construct armor or something? - Could work
Crypters - partly mechanical - vore defense, and reduces the healing gained from absorbing this unit - Fine

And I really like VLover552's idea of a trait that gives an ability to eat a friendly unit. Having it provide healing would be a little too much, but just being able to keep a wounded unit safe would be great.

And for GreenSlime's racials.

So, aside from abilities, I think it's useful to differentiate races by body size and stomach capacity.
For most races default size is 10 and capacity is 15 (so they can eat units that are still absorbing others, as waiting for it gets annoying). - I approve of this.

FAVORED STAT is simply a stat that ALWAYS appears on level up alongside other 3 possible stat increases. - Makes sense.

Cats
-Body size: 10
-Stomach capacity: 15
-Favored stat: Speed
Special ability:
[Active]Pounce - Once per turn instantly move 3 spaces, can be used after the action - Three spaces can be a lot. The slowest fresh recruits wouldn't even be able to catch up, not to mention those who have already eaten.

Dogs
-Favored stat: Defense
Special ability:
Pack protection - Increases Defense and Will by (Level/2, rounded up) to each adjacent unit - This too would need a cap or it would be OP.

Wolves
-Favored stat: Strength
Special ability:
Hunger of the Horde - Increases Strength and Voracity by (Level/2, rounded up) to each adjacent unit - A cap for you!

Foxes
-Body size: 10 - A nine, since they should be smaller than wolves and dogs?
Special ability:
Artful dodge - Additional flat 15% chance to avoid any attack or vore attempt coming their way (applied before hit calculation) - If this is a separate roll it would be fine.

Bunnies
-Favored stat: Dexterity
Special ability:
Grassland runner - Bunny armies have 4 MP - Fine
Bunny hop - Once per turn instantly move 2 spaces, can be used after action -
(If “Can vore” is toggled off) - Rapid metabolism: Heal at 2x rate and gain 1,5x Experience - All races could use a bonus if vore is off for them, really. But it suits the bunnies best, yes. Also, there could be a trait that allows for individual bunnies (or other vore off races) to eat enemies after all. Perhaps a side effect of the Voracious trait?

Lizards
-Body size: 12
-Stomach capacity: 18
-Favored stat: Voracity
Special ability:
Tough scales - Any attack damage is reduced by (Level/2, rounded up) - OP as any. starting from level 7 lizards would be immune to fresh recruits basic weapons, and from level 3 for unarmed. Perhaps a percentage chance to halve the damage taken or something?

Slimes
-Body size: 6 (on account of being basically core with surrounding, uh, slime) - Would this only mean eating the core then? And how would the slime unit work after being regurgitated elsewhere on the battlefield? Would make sense if the slime suffered heavy damage just from getting eaten, I guess.
-Stomach capacity: 20
-Favored stat: Stomach
Special ability:
[Active]Slime toss - Ranged attack, 2 damage, reduces maximum MP of unit hit by 50% next turn (does not stack) - Fine

Scylla
-Body size: 15
-Favored stat: Will
Special ability:
Aquatic - Army speed x2 in water, but x0,75 on land - Clever
Wrap - At the end of the turn attacks every surrounding enemy unit for 1(+strength) damage. Does not attack surrendered units. - The +strength part could make this OP for high level Scylla, but otherwise fine.

Harpies
-Body size: 8
Special ability:
Flight: If there are only harpies in an army, can travel through forest tiles unobstructed, can travel over mountains with x0,5 speed - Great
Hover: On tactical screen can travel through units and obstacles unimpeded - As long as they can't stop over them.

Imps
-Body size: 6 - A bit too small perhaps. An 8?
-Stomach capacity: 12
-Favored stat: Will
Special ability:
Summoning call - Once per battle, summon a level (summoner’s level x0.75) imp at specified location. - This... This would be pretty good if the problem of chain summoning and what to do with the new units after battle could be solved. It might also be OP as hell, appropriately enough. Perhaps an auto summon at the start of the battle to get some low level fodder to press at the front lines? With a chance that the summoned might be on the opponents side added to those already here? A nightmare to balance, that's for sure.
When summoning there’s:
-20% chance no imp would be summoned at all.
-30% chance imp would be summoned with half HP.
-50% chance imp would be summoned normally.
Imps summoned have random stats-appropriate weapons.

Humans
-Favored stat: See below
Special ability:
Adept learner - All stats are favored, randomly get 2 points in 2 stats with level up - Seems pretty vanilla, but I guess that's the point.

Crypters
Favored stat: Defense
Special ability:
[Active]Overclock - Damage dealt by weapons this turn x 1.5, deals damage to self equal to 10% of max HP - Fine, but could be limited to a set amount of uses in each battle.

Lamia
-Body size: 15
-Stomach capacity: 25
Favored stat: Voracity
Special ability:
[active]Constrict - grapples a unit, restricting their movement and dealing 2 damage (with usual bonus for strength) per turn. - I actually hope something like this would be something any unit could try. But it's the forte of the lamia certainly.

Tigers
-Body size:10
Favored stat: Strength
Special ability:
Maul - can attack in melee twice - Perhaps with a slight to hit penalty?

Counter opinions?

ouphe wrote:There are a few of the stomach messages for the combat log where the role is messed up, such as stating PREDATOR has digested in PREDATOR's stomach, or other such issues. There were two or three I've seen where it uses the wrong one between the PREDATOR and the PREY for which is where.

I can verify this by the way.
HS
Somewhat familiar

Postby LostSoul13 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:28 pm

I've found a weird bug and I don't quite know how to reproduce it. Occasionally, the message for not being able to hire units because all hireable units already exists will pop up at the start of the players turn, but it will pop up a million times (this is an exaggeration, but it's still a lot. Enough to turn the screen black instead of dim). I think maybe it happens when the AI tries to hire units from a town where all hireable units already exist?

Edit:
I just found another weird thing. Power level 38 is "Demonic/Angelic(depending on predator / prey?)"
I'm currently trying to get a save and screenshot of the previously mentioned bug. Hopefully I can in a reasonable time.

Edit 2:
My theory was right, and I managed to reproduce the bug! Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to attach files with the .sav extension. But I can confirm it happens from the AI trying to hire units when their entire population is already hireable.
Last edited by LostSoul13 on Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LostSoul13
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aurilika » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:47 pm

LostSoul13 wrote:Alright, so, something weird just happened while I was playing. The slime queen's army was about 6-10 tiles away on the world map, so I positioned my units carefully next to a slime village to make sure she wouldn't be able to attack me, because her army was actually kind of threatening. I end my turn, and suddenly I'm being attacked by the slime queen's army! I barely managed to win, but I'm kind of confused by what happened. My guess is that because I was next to a slime village, the queen's original army was either defeated or dismissed, and then on the slime's turn they made a new army in the village right next to me and sent it out. I don't think anything here that happened was a bug, I just thought it'd be interesting to share.

Edit:
Thank you so much for moving the level options closer! I haven't had to do a massive level up spread yet, but I can tell it'll be so much less tedious! Also, whenever the AI becomes able to hire mercenaries, if you do ever make that change, I can definitely see their new leveling system to make the game much more challenging.

And a bug report I almost forgot: The universal slider for army size still only goes down to 8, despite you having lowered the minimum to 2. The individual sliders work fine.

That first thing sounds like it might be a bug, so I'll check into it.
I'll correct that bug with the all army slider.

ouphe wrote:There are a few of the stomach messages for the combat log where the role is messed up, such as stating PREDATOR has digested in PREDATOR's stomach, or other such issues. There were two or three I've seen where it uses the wrong one between the PREDATOR and the PREY for which is where.

I think I corrected all of these in 14B that was released last night, but I'll check again to make sure.

HS wrote:Just my opinions on these.

I'll put your feedback in my notes, thank you. I'm still interested in ideas for other abilities and race themes or specific race abilities from anybody.

LostSoul13 wrote:I've found a weird bug and I don't quite know how to reproduce it. Occasionally, the message for not being able to hire units because all hireable units already exists will pop up at the start of the players turn, but it will pop up a million times (this is an exaggeration, but it's still a lot. Enough to turn the screen black instead of dim). I think maybe it happens when the AI tries to hire units from a town where all hireable units already exist?

That sounds almost 100% like it is the AI triggering it. I thought I had set it up so that wouldn't happen, but apparently not. I'll check into it and have it fixed for the next patch.
Counter Edit: That power level thing is an oversight, I'll correct it.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby LostSoul13 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:15 pm

On the same note as the previous pop up message bug, sometimes a message will pop up at the start of the player's turn about units returning to the fight because they just stared at each other for several minutes. I assume this is the counter measure for when all units end up surrendered somehow, but seeing it on the world map when not watching a battle I'm guessing is unintentional.

I also read through your list of abilities and thought of a few more active ones:

Jump (I've seen this one mentioned a lot) - Move in a straight line 5 tiles and clear terrain at the cost of half the unit's MP (and maybe prevent them from making an attack afterwards?)

Pounce - Move in a straight line 5 tiles, or until colliding with an enemy unit. Deals melee damage + a bonus for amount of MP remaining when it was used. (Or have bonus damage just scaling off of speed) deals reduced (half?) damage if the attacker doesn't travel at least 3 tiles before landing the attack.

(this one could be a passive or active) Kiter - Reduced attack range, but ranged attacks only take half MP
LostSoul13
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:32 pm

Hiding Boobs and cocks, HOW?!
Turbotowns
???

Postby NekoYuki » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:37 pm

I don't see how to make lamias use their tailstomach, when i play they always just use the foregut and still only eat normal amounts of prey~
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Re: Vore War V14A

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:43 pm

HS wrote:Defensive screen - every adjacent unit increases vore defense - a bunny stat? - As long as surrendered units don't count as adjacent units this would work fine. Otherwise this would be OP with no kill settings.

Wouldn't matter, surrender guarantees vore, no fail.
Oh wait, you mean on non surrendered units... well then they could eat the surrendered ones first(which they might already prioritize anyway).
Last edited by Turbotowns on Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:44 pm

LostSoul13 wrote:On the same note as the previous pop up message bug, sometimes a message will pop up at the start of the player's turn about units returning to the fight because they just stared at each other for several minutes. I assume this is the counter measure for when all units end up surrendered somehow, but seeing it on the world map when not watching a battle I'm guessing is unintentional.

I also read through your list of abilities and thought of a few more active ones:

Jump (I've seen this one mentioned a lot) - Move in a straight line 5 tiles and clear terrain at the cost of half the unit's MP (and maybe prevent them from making an attack afterwards?)

Pounce - Move in a straight line 5 tiles, or until colliding with an enemy unit. Deals melee damage + a bonus for amount of MP remaining when it was used. (Or have bonus damage just scaling off of speed) deals reduced (half?) damage if the attacker doesn't travel at least 3 tiles before landing the attack.

(this one could be a passive or active) Kiter - Reduced attack range, but ranged attacks only take half MP

Thank you for the ideas, and I'll fix that message bug as well. Technically it shouldn't even be possible for an AI vs AI battle to trigger that message, but I've disabled the message for AI v AI battles for now, and will also track down the cause.

Turbotowns wrote:Hiding Boobs and cocks, HOW?!

Umm, just by turning on Hide Breasts or Hide Dicks in the content menu.

NekoYuki wrote:I don't see how to make lamias use their tailstomach, when i play they always just use the foregut and still only eat normal amounts of prey~

It is actually just a cosmetic only thing at the moment, it's an alternate visual but doesn't actually have any game play effect.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby CoinToast » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:01 pm

Assimilator: The individual has a chance to acquire a trait of a consumed prey.

Imitator: The individual has a chance to replace a trait with one of the traits of a consumed prey, except for this trait.

Tempered: Increased resistance to projectiles. Decreased resistance to blows.

Dying standing: Unit will always survive with 1hp a blow that would otherwise kill it, unless they have 1 hp.

Horde: Army doesn't use moves to create a new army, new army starts with the same moves as the parent army minus 1.

Disciplined: Army appears closer together when entering tactical mode.

Surgical strike: Any attack by this individual will leave the enemy with 1 hp, if the blow would have killed them otherwise.

Sharpshooter: Accuracy penalty for distance when shooting is replaced by a damage penalty.

Crapshooter: On top of accuracy penalty this unit has a damage penalty on shooting distance.

Unruly: This unit gets a malus when in the same army as a leader.

Hatred (X): X being a race, this unit will have its offensive stats increased against x race. However, this unit will have those stats decreased when fighting alongside members of x race.

Favorite meal (X): X being a race, this unit has a bonus on vore skills on x race.

Nauseous: This unit has a higher than average chance of vomiting any unit.

Large: This unit occupies 20 stomach units.

Small: This unit occupies 5 stomach units.

Power ceiling (X): This unit cannot surpass level X.

Tasty: This unit is tasty, and eating it doubles HP regeneration.

Disgusting: This unit is disgusting, and eating it does not provide HP regeneration.

Toxic: This unit is toxic, and eating it decreases HP.

And for more esoteric skills:

Mind Master: Unit can take control of an enemy unit in lieu of its own turn.

Death Lord: Unit can resurrect units that have been killed on this battle at the cost of its own HP.

Entropy Lord: Unit can summon units that have been digested or killed on this battle at the cost of double of its own HP.

Mending: Unit can use mp to heal.
CoinToast
Been posting for a bit

Postby NekoYuki » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:27 pm

Aurilika wrote:
NekoYuki wrote:I don't see how to make lamias use their tailstomach, when i play they always just use the foregut and still only eat normal amounts of prey~

It is actually just a cosmetic only thing at the moment, it's an alternate visual but doesn't actually have any game play effect.

Fair enough, i just still haven't seen them do it yet
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:39 pm

HS wrote:Slime - Strong against weapons, weak against vore? - I'd think something you can't properly grap would be strong against vore too. Perhaps strong against ranged?

Also, turning them into a pin cushion would be no less effective than trying to splat them, if there was magic, THAT would be a logical weakness.

Aurilika wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:Hiding Boobs and cocks, HOW?!

Umm, just by turning on Hide Breasts or Hide Dicks in the content menu.

I mean WHAT does it do?! How are they hidden?
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:34 pm

CoinToast wrote:Trait Ideas

Excellent, thank you, there are some good ones in there. Also some very powerful ones which may be suitable for advanced units.

NekoYuki wrote:Fair enough, i just still haven't seen them do it yet

Well, unless you've got a higher level unit it would be rare, as you would need 2 full size prey before the first split. It will probably be more likely when they get the larger stomach capacity as part of the race traits update.

Turbotowns wrote:I mean WHAT does it do?! How are they hidden?

Ah, it basically just turns the selected sprites invisible, it was a request from a couple of people that didn't want to see nudity, and I wasn't sure when I'd get new clothing sprites in.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V14C

Postby Aurilika » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:33 pm

14C released. I don't particularly like to release this often (daily), because I feel like it puts strain on the people downloading, but I also don't want to leave bugs that I view as more disruptive either (and having dozens of pop-ups in certain semi-rare situations counts as quite disruptive.)

14C:
AI empires will now automatically hire any standby units at a town before recruiting new units. They used to only recruit and never hire. They don't pick a town based on what hireables are there, but this system at least beats the previous system.
There is now a skinny furry variant used at smaller body sizes.
Content settings screen has been reorganized into 3 tabs because I was running out of room, plus it will likely make individual options easier to find.
Slimes now use a unique scat sprite for units they've eaten
Fixed map editor exception relating to trying to delete a vagrant army, also fixed vagrant armies being invisible in the map editor
Fixed up a few tooltips that were incorrect or outdated
Fixed the all units have surrendered message popping up for AI battles you aren't watching.
Fixed AI causing the "you can't recruit" message
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby HS » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:58 am

Aurilika wrote:

I think I corrected all of these in 14B that was released last night, but I'll check again to make sure.

They are certainly corrected in 14C. And I think I was an idiot and played 14A instead of the newest version at the time I commented on this.
HS
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vore War V14C

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:42 am

Oh yeah, when buying for all villages the subjugation pens visually count only the proper villages, but you lose money as if buying for ALL villages, including the ones that are your race(and they show up in the villages' tooltip so you DO buy them, even though they're useless on your originals(I guess if an enemy team takes the village THEY could then immediately hire your race, but who would want that? They're only $50, so if the AI wants to hire your race, it will next turn(assuming they're making enough))).

Also, while it IS a tiiiiiiiiny bit tedious(to transfer my user data folder), I DO appreciate the constant updates(and I've made the transfer somewhat fun).
Turbotowns
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game