Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V08A

Postby Jazzumness » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:25 am

Im not sure but I don't think garrisoned units are leveling, they seem to just loose the exp they gathered last fight.
Jazzumness
Somewhat familiar

Postby darkevilme » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:03 am

Jazzumness wrote:Im not sure but I don't think garrisoned units are leveling, they seem to just loose the exp they gathered last fight.

This is retained from vore war legacy edition. Garrisoned units never gain exp. They offset this by being cheaper to recruit and pay than regulars. this isn't a bug it's a feature.
darkevilme
---

Postby nnnddt » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:54 am

darkevilme, basically, couldn't you just make in sort we can recruit only soldiers, and after put them in garrison what would result less money to give for their upkeep ?

I have a little question : I saw you only have carnivorous in your game, but a rabbit eating ennemies could be possible or not (vegetarian could be allowed in your game ?) ?
nnnddt
Somewhat familiar

Postby darkevilme » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:00 am

nnnddt wrote:darkevilme, basically, couldn't you just make in sort we can recruit only soldiers, and after put them in garrison what would result less money to give for their upkeep ?

I have a little question : I saw you only have carnivorous in your game, but a rabbit eating ennemies could be possible or not (vegetarian could be allowed in your game ?) ?

it's not easy to rework garrison code. in legacy it was just a number for how many units were there, not full entries like proper soldiers and presumably this is still the case in revival. And ask Aurilika about adding a bunny eared spritesheet to the game for a fifth race? this isn't my game anymore but i see no reason why it wouldn't be possible.
darkevilme
---

Postby Aurilika » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:50 pm

Jazzumness wrote:Im not sure but I don't think garrisoned units are leveling, they seem to just loose the exp they gathered last fight.

darkevilme wrote:... in legacy it was just a number for how many units were there, not full entries like proper soldiers and presumably this is still the case in revival.

Right now garrison units do not gain experience. I've considered making them into normal units, and that wouldn't be particularly hard to do, but I ended up not doing that for balance reasons. If you had a decently leveled garrison and a decently leveled army and they are both the maximum size, it would basically make the town invincible unless your enemy has an army that's significantly higher level. I wasn't sure what a good way to be to adjust for that would be, so I ended up just leaving them as they were. If you've got a suggestion for a good way to get around that, then I'd be interested.

nnnddt wrote:...I have a little question : I saw you only have carnivorous in your game, but a rabbit eating ennemies could be possible or not (vegetarian could be allowed in your game ?) ?

darkevilme wrote:...ask Aurilika about adding a bunny eared spritesheet to the game for a fifth race? this isn't my game anymore but i see no reason why it wouldn't be possible.

There's actually a bunny race already in the files, though you can't use it in V08A. You can see it in the spritesheet I posted. I was toying with having them as a neutral race that basically just builds large garrisons, can not vore, and does not build armies, but I haven't really decided where I want to go with that. (I also figured that there's probably going to be people who want to play as the bunnies and vore with them.) If anyone has comments on that, I'm listening.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:58 pm

well, i don't recall exactly, but is there a game conditions options screen before the game itself starts? an option to enable or disable vore-abstinence in herbivorous races would be welcomed by me
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby nnnddt » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:20 pm

I saw a bug : when your garrison is full and you're full soldier, if you're attacked, you have only 16 of them fighting.

In the same condition, when i used 16 soldiers for attack in the same tour where i have 16 guys garrisonned, i finally fought with only 2, but the 16 when i lost was considered like dead.
nnnddt
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jazzumness » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:38 pm

could their be an option to decide where your towns spawn or at least make them more grouped up to your HQ
im having maps where I have a town surrounded by 3 enemy towns
Jazzumness
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:49 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:well, i don't recall exactly, but is there a game conditions options screen before the game itself starts? an option to enable or disable vore-abstinence in herbivorous races would be welcomed by me

I'll definitely put that in there once I get the bunnies into the game

nnnddt wrote:I saw a bug : when your garrison is full and you're full soldier, if you're attacked, you have only 16 of them fighting.

In the same condition, when i used 16 soldiers for attack in the same tour where i have 16 guys garrisonned, i finally fought with only 2, but the 16 when i lost was considered like dead.

I couldn't seem to replicate this bug, I tried various races, and the garrisons always worked as they should, an enemy attacking into a full army/full garrison produced 32 defenders. If anyone can replicate this, please send me a save file.

Jazzumness wrote:could their be an option to decide where your towns spawn or at least make them more grouped up to your HQ

Yeah, the village placing algorithm needs to be reworked, it was limping along at the edge of functionality, and with the addition of a 5th race, it was behaving pretty poorly (which is why bunnies didn't make it into V 08B.) I'll definitely be working on it, and possibly even doing a complete re-write on it.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V08B

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:26 am

I was SOLD at Tactical RPG. FAVORITE GENRE!
:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:01 am

K, probably a bug: I tried a pure tactical run to get a handle on the combat, and after selecting end turn, I couldn't control ANYONE(I had turned off AI for both). It was cats vs bunnies, I ended up hitting run ai for the first team(cats), and it was the bunny team where I hit end turn. Then, for some reason, I couldn't do JACK, I couldn't control anyone, I couldn't see their names and stats, I couldn't even open the escape menu, the only thing that worked was the
Run Ai button that eventually led to the bunnies victory(it was 10 vs. 10). (And not being able to open the menu, meant I had press the windows button to bring up the toolbar and close the game manually.)
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:13 am

An ability to pause during combat an NOT open the menu to get our bearings and check the stats(while the AI is playing), would be nice.

Okay... being able to pause during the strategic view and see who's currently active, and where they are(as well as just being ABLE to see the screen for at least 5 seconds before a fight starts)(This is all for AI games, of course)... would be REALLY appreciated.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:54 am

Turbotowns wrote:K, probably a bug: I tried a pure tactical run to get a handle on the combat, and after selecting end turn, I couldn't control ANYONE(I had turned off AI for both). It was cats vs bunnies, I ended up hitting run ai for the first team(cats), and it was the bunny team where I hit end turn. Then, for some reason, I couldn't do JACK, I couldn't control anyone, I couldn't see their names and stats, I couldn't even open the escape menu, the only thing that worked was the
Run Ai button that eventually led to the bunnies victory(it was 10 vs. 10). (And not being able to open the menu, meant I had press the windows button to bring up the toolbar and close the game manually.)

Okay, I tracked this bug down and it looks like it was caused by having movement mode (m) activated and clicking the end turn button, so the unit starts moving and then the turn switches. I've got this fixed, and it'll be in the next version.

Turbotowns wrote:An ability to pause during combat an NOT open the menu to get our bearings and check the stats(while the AI is playing), would be nice.

Okay... being able to pause during the strategic view and see who's currently active, and where they are(as well as just being ABLE to see the screen for at least 5 seconds before a fight starts)(This is all for AI games, of course)... would be REALLY appreciated.

I'll add the requested pause function in for the next version.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:27 pm

Aurilika wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:K, probably a bug: I tried a pure tactical run to get a handle on the combat, and after selecting end turn, I couldn't control ANYONE(I had turned off AI for both). It was cats vs bunnies, I ended up hitting run ai for the first team(cats), and it was the bunny team where I hit end turn. Then, for some reason, I couldn't do JACK, I couldn't control anyone, I couldn't see their names and stats, I couldn't even open the escape menu, the only thing that worked was the

Okay, I tracked this bug down and it looks like it was caused by having movement mode (m) activated and clicking the end turn button, so the unit starts moving and then the turn switches. I've got this fixed, and it'll be in the next version.

Turbotowns wrote:An ability to pause during combat an NOT open the menu to get our bearings and check the stats(while the AI is playing), would be nice.

I'll add the requested pause function in for the next version.

Nice!
Turbotowns
???

Postby SquishySofty » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:42 pm

OH MY GOSH, it's one of my favorite game i've ever played non-stop, and you decided to bring it back to the dead! :D
I am going to have fun on this game! It's VERY very interesting so far! ❤
Game Developer (With Godot Engine) and Sprite artist/animator ❤
❤ Maria best chunky girl~ ❤
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:19 am

Jazzumness wrote:could their be an option to decide where your towns spawn or at least make them more grouped up to your HQ

Maybe a map editor? That would be pretty f-ing cool!

Oh RIGHT! And is there a lvl cap?
Turbotowns
???

Postby TheBastian » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:27 am

The game looks pretty good so far! Keep it up ;)
TheBastian
Somewhat familiar

Postby nnnddt » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:30 am

I was thinking, more than an hero system, I think a system of "chief of tribe" would be better for the reason you could always have one.
The chief would have better stats and give a buff for the group where he's in will. If he's beaten, he give more xp.
nnnddt
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:34 am

SilhouettiShine wrote:OH MY GOSH, it's one of my favorite game i've ever played non-stop, and you decided to bring it back to the dead! :D
I am going to have fun on this game! It's VERY very interesting so far! ❤

Thank you, I'll keep working hard on it.

Turbotowns wrote:
Maybe a map editor? That would be pretty f-ing cool!

Oh RIGHT! And is there a lvl cap?

A map editor would be a decent amount of work, but I do think it would be nice to have, so I'll work on that. It will probably take some time, and it might just be the more basic features (editing terrain and villages, and not armies) but we'll see.

There is no level cap at present, so a single very high leveled unit can destroy entire armies. That may or may not change in the future.

nnnddt wrote:I was thinking, more than an hero system, I think a system of "chief of tribe" would be better for the reason you could always have one.
The chief would have better stats and give a buff for the group where he's in will. If he's beaten, he give more xp.

That is an interesting system, I might try playing around with that. I do see a potential issue in it though, that it further encourages having a single powerful army, which depending on the play style, could be a positive or negative.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby SquishySofty » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:12 pm

Hmm...
I have a suggestion, but I'm not sure if other people said this before... But what if you devour other teammates to heal each other? (And have an option in the menu to "Automatically regurgitate if full health" or "Manually Regurgitate"). The downside is that the predator is much easier to get hit, which is already in the game, and the healing time takes up 2 or 3 turns to heal.
Game Developer (With Godot Engine) and Sprite artist/animator ❤
❤ Maria best chunky girl~ ❤
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game