Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V13

Postby Benevorlent » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:00 pm

Can we get a way to factory reset content settings? Or the location of where they're stored on disk when you change the default content settings? I want to return to complete vanilla but have no idea of what that was anymore.
Benevorlent
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vore War V13

Postby Carni-vore » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:17 pm

Okay, was wondering, all those sprites Green Slime keeps posting, are those intended to be used at some point? Is there a mod to add those what's going on with those, cause they look real good.
.....I have ALOT of hungry dragons...Anyone want to say hello?

Carni-vore
???

Re: Vore War V13A

Postby Aurilika » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:35 pm

13A Released, fixing all of the immediate bugs that were mentioned, and some other stuff

13A:
Fixed exception that would happen if you were watching a battle that had a race incapable of vore.
Did some quick tweaking of Lamia colors, but there's still tweaking left to do. I'll probably wait to address their eyes until I finish getting the palettes up to speed.
Can now properly configure body sizes for humans and lamia.
Animated bellies now no longer overrides the super-size bellies, the scales multiply together as they should.
Animated Bellies / The skull effect / burp percentage are all configurable from the content menu.
Added a button to get to the options menu in the start screen (It really should have been there before now
Added an option to clear all saved settings in the options menu that clears options and content settings. (It requires a confirmation first)
Can now paint 1x1, 3x3, 5x5, and 7x7 blotches in the map editor for faster editing.
Added light blue (the default lamia color) to the list for the in-game empire editor, as its absense caused issues. Also shrunk the font size for colors slightly so that the longer color names wouldn't be truncated.
Armies now properly slide when resizing a map regardless of direction.
Harpy/Lamia Dick positions have been adjusted
Lamia villages are properly placeable in the map editor. (Note that if you are playing a game started before v13 they are not placeable, as their race doesn't exist in that save)

Benevorlent wrote:Can we get a way to factory reset content settings? Or the location of where they're stored on disk when you change the default content settings? I want to return to complete vanilla but have no idea of what that was anymore.

I've included that for you.
Carni-vore wrote:Okay, was wondering, all those sprites Green Slime keeps posting, are those intended to be used at some point? Is there a mod to add those what's going on with those, cause they look real good.

GreenSlime gave me the impression I didn't need to start implementing them right away, so I was giving him a bit of a headstart. Now I just want to add just a couple more features and then I'll be setting into implementing the sprites with my full effort. I'd imagine they'd all be in within the next two weeks or so.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Carni-vore » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:48 am

Oh, okay, that sounds great. Can't wait for that update.
.....I have ALOT of hungry dragons...Anyone want to say hello?

Carni-vore
???

Postby VLover552 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:17 am

Awwww yeah loving this game and all these awesome updates and I hope i'm not being annoying by suggesting little things here and there but i just came up with another one, you could have it where when you hover over the cities in the map editor it says what race it is because when i first started using the map editor I had to load up each map in order to see which is which and i feel it would make a nice little quality of life improvement
VLover552
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:48 am

Aurilika wrote:(Note that if you are playing a game started before v13 they are not placeable, as their race doesn't exist in that save)

What about saves that were created BEFORE V13 but saved AFTER?
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:19 am

No, yeah, the boob bug is legit.
bork.PNG

I DON'T play with males(fems and futas only), that's SUPPOSED to be female... with super bewbs.

Speaking of, I noticed that for the clothes the larger tit sizes are neutered so that it doesn't look weird, which is fine, what I LOVED was that for my suppressed futa ladies, the slave rags still let the largest cock head peek out from underneath the cloth, and that is TASTY!
slavefutagoodness.PNG
slavefutagoodness.PNG (5.48 KiB) Viewed 1182 times

Hmm? How come the first pic is clickable, and we CAN'T see it's file name, but the 2ed pic isn't clickable but we CAN see the file name?

Aaaaand, I can't copy the clothes to the rest of my army... As the leader...

Also, uh? The slime queen's hair is over her boobs but under her top again. XD
As well as the belly(going OVER the boobs)?! What the hell happened?!
Last edited by Turbotowns on Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:55 am

*plays with 32 size armies ever since it was possible*
Remember when you could use the army "size" to guess at how many units an enemy army had(1-4 = Small, 5-8 = Medium, 9-12 = Large, 13-16 = Huge)?
Pepperidge Farm Remembers...(cuz 17-32 = Horde) XD

Just something I noticed... XD
Turbotowns
???

Postby Ger-Fox » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:20 am

its just me or do the brush cause a small error xD?

speak : you brush something like forest or other stuff. then put in a town (or first town and then brush) it not delet town and in the end in map editor you have a town who is middle in a forest? xD looks odd^^

edit : its everywhere with forest /sand where this happens
Ger-Fox
Participator

Postby GreenSlime » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:48 am

I was thinking, since it's possible to change standard names in UserData, maybe battle log phrases too could be made external? Being able to write your own flavor text could be nice. There could be several "event triggers":

-weapon hit
-weapon kill
-swallow
-Digestion (70% HP threshold)
-Digestion (50% HP threshold)
-Digestion (30% HP threshold)
-Random digestion flavor text, e.g. "[UNITNAME] rubs their belly contentedly"
-Digestion-death
-Complete absorption
-Racial digestion text (maybe tag added to messages so they show up only if a certain race is pred/prey), e.g. "[CRYPTER] produces additional enzymes to break down their tough preyanalyzes the state of the prey inside them and changes composition of their enzymes to break them down efficiently"

Also, initial sketching and cleanup complete on base crypter sprite! As i'm getting to shading, here's a flat-colored preview. Pay no attention to arm, it's gonna get replaces whole with a weapon. Design-wise I tried to keep them close to original while emphasizing their skeleton-ness. Also collar is back, this time replacing mouthplate. The things on crypter's hips are reserve tanks. Crypters have unique weight gain - rather than getting fatter the tank indicators get fuller.
Attachments
tales from the crypt.png
tales from the crypt.png (3.73 KiB) Viewed 1098 times
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Benevorlent » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:46 am

Aurilika wrote:
Benevorlent wrote:Can we get a way to factory reset content settings? Or the location of where they're stored on disk when you change the default content settings? I want to return to complete vanilla but have no idea of what that was anymore.

I've included that for you.

You're the best! Awesome, thank you!
Benevorlent
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:02 am

VLover552 wrote:Awwww yeah loving this game and all these awesome updates and I hope i'm not being annoying by suggesting little things here and there but i just came up with another one, you could have it where when you hover over the cities in the map editor it says what race it is because when i first started using the map editor I had to load up each map in order to see which is which and i feel it would make a nice little quality of life improvement

Sure, that would be easy to do.

Turbotowns wrote:What about saves that were created BEFORE V13 but saved AFTER?

The list of empires is set right after starting a game.

Turbotowns wrote:No, yeah, the boob bug is legit.

Okay, I'll check it out.
Turbotowns wrote:Speaking of, I noticed that for the clothes the larger tit sizes are neutered so that it doesn't look weird, which is fine

That actually means I must have messed up somewhere when implementing the 'breasts are always over the belly when topless' change.
Turbotowns wrote:Aaaaand, I can't copy the clothes to the rest of my army... As the leader...

That was sort of intended, when I fixed the exception from trying to copy the slime leader's unique clothing set, I was thinking that maybe I should go ahead and only copy clothing to units of the same type, since other types of units would be coming soon, and that's the primary way of identifying them. I could allow the leader clothes to be cloned though (except for the slime).
Turbotowns wrote:Also, uh? The slime queen's hair is over her boobs but under her top again. XD
As well as the belly(going OVER the boobs)?! What the hell happened?!

Sorry, that may be an unintended result of the other fix, I'll fix it back to how it was.
Turbotowns wrote:Remember when you could use the army "size" to guess at how many units an enemy army had(1-4 = Small, 5-8 = Medium, 9-12 = Large, 13-16 = Huge)?

Good point, I'll add a few more levels

Ger-Fox wrote:its just me or do the brush cause a small error xD?

I'll check it out, I didn't test it on villages.

GreenSlime wrote:I was thinking, since it's possible to change standard names in UserData, maybe battle log phrases too could be made external? Being able to write your own flavor text could be nice. There could be several "event triggers":
-weapon hit
-weapon kill
-swallow
-Digestion (70% HP threshold)
-Digestion (50% HP threshold)
-Digestion (30% HP threshold)
-Random digestion flavor text, e.g. "[UNITNAME] rubs their belly contentedly"
-Digestion-death
-Complete absorption
-Racial digestion text (maybe tag added to messages so they show up only if a certain race is pred/prey), e.g. "[CRYPTER] produces additional enzymes to break down their tough preyanalyzes the state of the prey inside them and changes composition of their enzymes to break them down efficiently"

I was thinking about expanding it, there have been a few notable suggestions
Would it be possible to have small lines of text [Very small, so it doesn't obnoxiously fill the screen] coming from the belly of the pred with dialogue from the prey of aforementioned fluff text I.E. "It's too cramp in here!" "Once I get out of here, I'll swallow your whole clan!" "Please! It burns! Let me out!" there could even be special text for digesting allies: "We're Allies, let me out!"

also i would love when you get help from a few writer and then add some cool text
example : a neko eat a dog she then say 2 things. 1 for race and 1 for the prey
1: nya! tasty mousey!
2: you tasted good for a puppy (name )~ we cats are the best and we will eat you all!

I was just thinking about taking suggestions and putting them in there, but having a user editable set is probably a good idea as well.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Ger-Fox » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:40 pm

the error is for setting towns....when you have here a sand or forest place and put here a town...the town have it as background. so you need first to set here grass and then the town^^
Ger-Fox
Participator

Postby GreenSlime » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:55 pm

the error is for setting towns....when you have here a sand or forest place and put here a town...the town have it as background. so you need first to set here grass and then the town^^

That's not an error.

Actually, I was thinking about making different tilesets for tctical mode too and potentially for different towns.
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Aurilika » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:12 pm

Ger-Fox wrote:the error is for setting towns....when you have here a sand or forest place and put here a town...the town have it as background. so you need first to set here grass and then the town^^

That is actually deliberate, people wanted the flexibility to have say, a lizard town set in the desert.

GreenSlime wrote:Actually, I was thinking about making different tilesets for tctical mode too and potentially for different towns.

Yeah, the old game got away with it in forests because it just spawns 3 times as many trees(which I always forget about until the next time I have a battle in a forest). Now that I have sand in there (plus the other terrain that doesn't automatically spawn yet), it does feel slightly out of place to end up on the same temperate tileset.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Ger-Fox » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:37 pm

a random question why have the slime queen all time a cock? annoing in my eye because i want a female one not a herm. i can not change this....

and for towns...why not make then also farms for such areas
Ger-Fox
Participator

Postby Aurilika » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:16 pm

Ger-Fox wrote:a random question why have the slime queen all time a cock? annoing in my eye because i want a female one not a herm. i can not change this....

Because that's what the person who created the slimes and the slime queen wanted (TurboTowns), and I didn't really have a reason to refuse. You can always keep it covered if you don't want to see it, unless it's not the race you're playing as.

I'm not really sure what that town question is asking, is it why not have farms on other terrain types? If so, it's because you can't really see the terrain through the farm anyway.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Ger-Fox » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:51 pm

a other thing. sometimes i attack towns (very rare this bug happens. but last few play days it happens 2x ) and it skip extrem fast the battle. my unit is on top of the town and not own it now. here was a pack of garnision and still is. now i need wait a round and attack again.
Ger-Fox
Participator

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:55 pm

Aurilika wrote:
Ger-Fox wrote:a random question why have the slime queen all time a cock? annoing in my eye because i want a female one not a herm. i can not change this....

Because that's what the person who created the slimes and the slime queen wanted (TurboTowns), and I didn't really have a reason to refuse. You can always keep it covered if you don't want to see it, unless it's not the race you're playing as.

You could just set it to default to herm if herms are enabled by default, but if herms are disabled make it conform to the preference settings.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:28 pm

Yeah, sorry mate, but that's what the covering is for which SHOULD be the default.

GramzonTheDragon wrote:You could just set it to default to herm if herms are enabled by default, but if herms are disabled make it conform to the preference settings.

Kinda impossible, the cock is BUILT into the sprite, that's more doable with GreenSlime's design(probably why he did it as well), where the boy parts are a separate sprite(Though I'm glad he kept it bigger than what's possible for any other unit).
Last edited by Turbotowns on Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turbotowns
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game