Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V17E

Postby connorfrank3 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:26 pm

If anyone wants an Idea for a new race, (other than the ones that are probably already in development) I think that an anthro counterpart to the sharks, (like the feral wolves and anthro wolves) would be awesome. :D
connorfrank3
New to the forum

Postby dddddd2 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:55 pm

Well it's alright to ignore my suggestion about Selicia's belly (apart from animation issue) if others don't see any problem with it, it's not big deal (I can just play with source code anyway).

And some more questions,
1. Are there hotkeys for Belly rub/Surrender/etc ?
2. Non-vore unit can't perform belly rub on allied pred, is this intentional?
Also I personally think it'd be more fun and tactically useful if a unit can receive more than one belly rub per turn. Can have other form of penalties for balance.
dddddd2
Been posting for a bit

Postby chris9774 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:54 pm

chris9774 wrote:So after playing this new update (loving it btw, keep up the great work) i noticed that the Selicia Unit is a special mercenary and has a lot more things going on for it in terms of sprites and animation, Are there more plans for these kinds of units or is it some sort of reward for Patreon supporters that hit a high tier? I'm just curious :p

Auriliki wrote:First, thank you. Second, Greenslime has a few other special mercenaries planned, but he's got a lot of stuff that he's working on, so it may be a while before the next one sees the light of day. There is currently not a Patreon (I don't know if there would be enough people to justify it), but even if there was that would be a little awkward to put as a reward category, since one of the main spriters (currently GreenSlime and HS are the biggest contributors) would be the ones doing most of the work and I'd feel like I was profiting directly from their work.

That makes sense, I have been keeping up with this for quite awhile but never really felt the need to be active in the forums, just mainly kept up with your uploads and all. Regardless I'm looking forward to everything new regardless of how long it takes :p
Thanks again for everything you put out!

*Edit* Also i feel Like Selicia digests things a bit faster than any of the other units i have had, especially the Lamias, Their belly shrinks quite a few times before the battle ends, about 7 usually, But Selecia is usally done for me regardless of prey in about 4, Why is that?
Last edited by chris9774 on Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
chris9774
Somewhat familiar

Postby GreenSlime » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:04 am

We're gonna look at possible solutions, one being that after first prey belly increases in increments of one size rather than two.

More in my sphere of (barely)competence, i'm not sure how to do smaller sizes going from this as raincoat will cover belly completely. I have a couple of ideas, but have to test them.
Attachments
cainroat.png
cainroat.png (6.1 KiB) Viewed 1301 times
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Aurilika » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:24 am

PotatoFarmer wrote:Probably rewriting some of the text things, like for example. "X rubs Y's belly, it's contents shifting under their hands." I was thinking of something much more details. Like, "X starts to caress, Y's belly. Feeling the soft wobbly prison of Z. They start to struggle in a attempt for freedom. But only succeed in make it jiggle and slosh."

I mean there's several that have variations but you're welcome to make some changes or submit additional options. If you want to check out the complete list of option it's in the Assets/Scripts/Modes/Tactical/TacticalMessageLog.cs file in the source

dddddd2 wrote:Well it's alright to ignore my suggestion about Selicia's belly (apart from animation issue) if others don't see any problem with it, it's not big deal (I can just play with source code anyway).

And some more questions,
1. Are there hotkeys for Belly rub/Surrender/etc ?
2. Non-vore unit can't perform belly rub on allied pred, is this intentional?
Also I personally think it'd be more fun and tactically useful if a unit can receive more than one belly rub per turn. Can have other form of penalties for balance.

There are not currently hotkeys for the other types. I wasn't sure if I should create hotkeys for them and have an explosion of hotkeys or find some other way to do it. I am planning to add a right click on an enemy and choose an action from a dropdown type of thing as an option, but I know that probably doesn't appeal to everyone.
Not being able to give in that situation is a bug, and I've got it fixed for the next patch. Well, I left in the belly rubs from KuroTenko because I thought they were interesting, but I put in the cap of receiving one per turn because I was trying to avoid the situation where you eat someone at full health, then 4 or 5 units run over and give repeated belly rubs and the unit is completely digested in the same turn, and then possibly fully absorbed in another turn if they keep it up.

chris9774 wrote:That makes sense, I have been keeping up with this for quite awhile but never really felt the need to be active in the forums, just mainly kept up with your uploads and all. Regardless I'm looking forward to everything new regardless of how long it takes :p
Thanks again for everything you put out!

Thank you and you're welcome, I'm glad you're enjoying it.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby dddddd2 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:45 am

Aurilika wrote:There are not currently hotkeys for the other types. I wasn't sure if I should create hotkeys for them and have an explosion of hotkeys or find some other way to do it. I am planning to add a right click on an enemy and choose an action from a dropdown type of thing as an option, but I know that probably doesn't appeal to everyone.
Not being able to give in that situation is a bug, and I've got it fixed for the next patch. Well, I left in the belly rubs from KuroTenko because I thought they were interesting, but I put in the cap of receiving one per turn because I was trying to avoid the situation where you eat someone at full health, then 4 or 5 units run over and give repeated belly rubs and the unit is completely digested in the same turn, and then possibly fully absorbed in another turn if they keep it up.

I see, that's fair. Thanks for the reply and updates!
dddddd2
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:48 am

Can unique unit respawn be implemented(Like leaders, though they show up in the mercenary camps, maybe after several turns, with a message)? Cause prior comments made sounds like if Selicia dies they're gone for the rest of the game.
Turbotowns
???

Postby SquishySofty » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:53 am

Turbotowns wrote:Prior comments made sounds like if Selicia dies they're gone for the rest of the game.

Sounds like a Classic Fire Emblem to me! :lol:
Not feeling so well, don't expect much of me...
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Tilalumtar » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:41 am

It all started with a stream and now it still evolves.

Played the first few versions. I am pretty hyped for the whole new functions :-D

Keep updating! :gulp:
Tilalumtar
Somewhat familiar

Postby Kavvanshrike » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:06 am

not sure if it has been reported but I like the auto surrender feature because it means my forces don't have to resort to copse eating to make a nice relatively clean battlefield after every engagement, sadly the enemy doesn't give a shit and instead of waiting for my units to shrink to a more agreeable size to eat will straight up ice my surrendered units in cold blood. If said unit was absorbing too many people at the time even my forces will be unable to clean that up.
Kavvanshrike
Participator

Postby Annoynimouse » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:56 pm

I mucked about with overhauling the way the code handles village buildings.
File of scripts folder attached if it would be useful (didn't do source control so I cannot post the diff. But the code changes are based on 17E.)

I've added village building definitions, along with boosts (it is coded much the way traits and trait boosts are coded).
Example:
Code: Select all
        [VillageBuilding.manor] = new VillageBuildingDefinition(
         VillageBuilding.manor, "Manor",
         "Wealth generation +15%, +0.5 Farms"
      ) {
         Cost = 80,
         Boosts = new VillageBoosts() { WealthMult = 0.15f, FarmsEquivalent = 0.5f }
      },

[VillageBuilding.manor2] = new VillageBuildingDefinition(
         VillageBuilding.manor2, "Farm Manors",
         "Wealth generation +15%, +30% population growth speed, +5 Farms"
      ) {
         Cost = 400,
         Boosts = new VillageBoosts() { WealthMult = 0.15f, PopulationGrowthMult = 0.3f, FarmsEquivalent = 5.0f },
         RequiredBuildings = new List<VillageBuilding>() { VillageBuilding.manor, VillageBuilding.power1 }
      },

[VillageBuilding.CapitalDefenses] = new VillageBuildingDefinition(
         VillageBuilding.CapitalDefenses, "Capital",
         "The capital city."
      ) {
         Cost = 0,
         Boosts = new VillageBoosts() { GarrisonMaxAdd = 8, WealthMult = 0.25f, PopulationMaxMult = 0.5f },
         CanBeBuilt = false,
         RemovedOnOwnerChange = true,
         RequiresRaceCapitol = true,
         AddedOnOriginalOwner = true
      },

I've also defined new buildings that can be built. (Some buildings require others to be built first.)
You can simply delete their definitions from the list, since no code directly checks for a building name/enum, just the net village bonus data.

I've also updated the village build view, though I'm not entirely sure how the UI elements work, so it works but is messy.

I've also updated the AI to handle constructing the new buildings according to what bonuses they provide.
Example: Tell the AI to try and build buildings that improve wealth income in one way or another.
Code: Select all
        TryVillageConstruction(village, this.empire, new ConstructionWants() {
         Wealth = true
      });

I've tested most changes, but not all (such as removed on owner change and auto re-add on recapture).

Most changes in Village.cs, but doing something like WinMerge should show the differences.
There is some trait changes that are unrelated, so perhaps don't just copy.
There are also some changes that gives armies more movement based on the speed of the slowest unit in the army. (Not as well tested.)

EDIT: Fixed some bugs found while testing. Probably still some left, but should be safe to incorporate if desired.
Attachments
Village Buildings Overhaul.zip
(405.09 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
Village Buildings Overhaul v2.zip
(405.43 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
Annoynimouse
New to the forum

Postby Aurilika » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:09 pm

Turbotowns wrote:Can unique unit respawn be implemented(Like leaders, though they show up in the mercenary camps, maybe after several turns, with a message)? Cause prior comments made sounds like if Selicia dies they're gone for the rest of the game.

They actually already respawn into the mercenary camp at the end of any turn (the complete turn, i.e. after the monsters act) when they are found to not exist (Doesn't matter if it's death or dismissal).

Tilalumtar wrote:Played the first few versions. I am pretty hyped for the whole new functions
Keep updating!

Thank you, I will.

Annoynimouse wrote: mucked about with overhauling the way the code handles village buildings.
File of scripts folder attached if it would be useful (didn't do source control so I cannot post the diff. But the code changes are based on 17E.)

Interesting, I'll check it out.

Edit: removed a thing I replied to more accurately down below
Last edited by Aurilika on Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:24 pm

SilhouettiShine wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:Prior comments made sounds like if Selicia dies they're gone for the rest of the game.

Sounds like a Classic Fire Emblem to me! :lol:

And I play on casual. >.>

(I also never play Minecraft/Terraria hardcore, I hate permadeath, and with how easy it is to die in those games... XD)
(The only exception are with things like Xcom, or well... THIS game. XD)

Aurilika wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:Can unique unit respawn be implemented(Like leaders, though they show up in the mercenary camps, maybe after several turns, with a message)? Cause prior comments made sounds like if Selicia dies they're gone for the rest of the game.

They actually already respawn into the mercenary camp at the end of any turn (the complete turn, i.e. after the monsters act) when they are found to not exist (Doesn't matter if it's death or dismissal).

Oh ok, good!
Turbotowns
???

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:19 pm

The Selicia unit itself dies (She's dead, Jim) but regens in the mercenary camp. It is NOT the same unit like with the leaders, it's a newly generated unit. I messed around and got a level 100 something selicia ate by wyverns, and the new one generated at the more standard level 13 or so that all the mercenaries were using. So it is a much steeper loss than a leader as you lose hundreds of gold, and have to spend that again to reclaim a new salamander derg, and actually arrive at and use the mercenary camp instead of just plonking them down in any city like a dead leader for a modest fee. So definitely try and protect your unique mercenaries even more than your leader in some cases. Cause you will lose most of your xp sunk into them.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MasterInventor » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:33 pm

GreenSlime wrote:the raincoat

At some point, wouldn't it just be easier to have one version of the raincoat that's open, and one that's buttoned up?
MasterInventor
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aurilika » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:28 pm

Kavvanshrike wrote:not sure if it has been reported but I like the auto surrender feature because it means my forces don't have to resort to copse eating to make a nice relatively clean battlefield after every engagement, sadly the enemy doesn't give a shit and instead of waiting for my units to shrink to a more agreeable size to eat will straight up ice my surrendered units in cold blood. If said unit was absorbing too many people at the time even my forces will be unable to clean that up.

So, after looking it up, it's related to using the Legacy Tactical AI. The modern one ignores surrendered units and prefers to eat them (but will if it's at least turn 250 or they have no predators), and the legacy doesn't even know that surrendered units are a thing. At some point I may recombine the two tactical AI types and then just make the legacy AI make bad choices, so it would gain access to things like fleeing or pouncing.

GramzonTheDragon wrote:The Selicia unit itself dies (She's dead, Jim) but regens in the mercenary camp. It is NOT the same unit like with the leaders, it's a newly generated unit. I messed around and got a level 100 something selicia ate by wyverns, and the new one generated at the more standard level 13 or so that all the mercenaries were using. So it is a much steeper loss than a leader as you lose hundreds of gold, and have to spend that again to reclaim a new salamander derg, and actually arrive at and use the mercenary camp instead of just plonking them down in any city like a dead leader for a modest fee. So definitely try and protect your unique mercenaries even more than your leader in some cases. Cause you will lose most of your xp sunk into them.

Well, the actual mechanics are still being ironed out. But, if Selicia didn't drop to level 13, it would have probably cost somewhere around 30,000 gold to hire.

MasterInventor wrote:At some point, wouldn't it just be easier to have one version of the raincoat that's open, and one that's buttoned up?

Well, he's finished it now, and it goes from buttoned to unbuttoned nicely and does a good job of not hiding the belly.
Last edited by Aurilika on Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby GreenSlime » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:54 pm

At some point, wouldn't it just be easier to have one version of the raincoat that's open, and one that's buttoned up?

You underestimate my stupidity!

but really, I just wanted to do it that way. All things considered, it came out pretty well.

EDIT: was thinking for a long time how to add lewds into a game and i got some ideas. Will elaborate slightly later.
Attachments
succ1.gif
no belly
succ1.gif (3.51 KiB) Viewed 985 times
succ1belly.gif
belly
succ1belly.gif (3.68 KiB) Viewed 985 times
terrible explanation.png
terrible explanation.png (17.62 KiB) Viewed 986 times
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby PotatoFarmer » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:19 am

Proud writer of the lewd tale Demonology
PotatoFarmer
Been posting for a bit

Postby GreenSlime » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:12 am

Alright, so I am back and here's what I got.

This will probably be a bit disappointing because those silhouettes will be the extent of animation. I personally think imagination works best for this kind of thing and spriting up all races' variations will take a lot of time, so let's keep it simple. I'll still do separate silhouettes for all body types (including each feral) so that's still a lot of work (so you'll probably have to wait for... quite a while, especially since there's other, more important stuff to add)

For reference, list of races at this moment (and there's more coming!):
Spoiler: show
-Basic races
-Lizards
-Harpies
-Slimes
-Scylla
-Lamias
-Imps/Goblins
-Crypters
-Cows
-Kangaroos
-Alligators
-Compies
-...Cakes?
-Dark swallowers
-Sharks
-Vagrants
-Wyverns
-Young wyverns
-Wolves
-Selicia

Holy crap that's a lot of races. But worry not, none will escape non-lewded (maybe young wyverns).

So, how will it work? The details are still being discussed (as well as existence of the mechanic itself) but so far my thoughts are:
-There are people who don't enjoy dicks in their food, so it'll be toggleable, therefore it shouldn't be too important of a mechanic. Which means friendly lewding will be like constant belly rub if target has someone in their belly. Non-friendly lewding is a duplicate of grapple mechanic (which still is in the future) except instead of STR vs DEX roll it's WIL vs WIL hopebully buffing this garbage of a stat(opinions on garbageness of WIL may vary).

From here on refer to the cryptic and/or crappy (craptic?) picture in my previous post.
When lewding is initiated the overlay with units' pictures and animated silhouettes between showing what they're doing will appear (fig.1). Overlay can be closed but units will be displaced on their tiles like on fig.2 and by clicking on the icon over them ovrlay can be brought up again. Units can be still chosen and still can act (or try to escape from all-too-enthusiastic opponent) if you click on them or their tile. Acting (or successfully escaping) stops the whole thing.

Naturally all this means that there should be unit proficient in that and what unit fits better than the succubus? If lewds are turned off, they'll be just charming opponents, but with lewds on... Oh boy.

Attached is the semi-final sketch. I'm still deciding between classical demon wings and wings formed of flame. There's arguments in favor of both, so i'll see what looks better when actually doing sprite.
Attachments
semen demon.png
semen demon.png (4.96 KiB) Viewed 961 times
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:45 am

Well then...
Turbotowns
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game