Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V12G

Postby GreenSlime » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:10 pm

Whew. That was certainly something.

So Slime Queen is done. Features 4 boob sizes, hair over the eyes/hair not over the eyes (plus it's still compatible with usual slime hair), Open mouth animation I remembered about in the last possible moment and so I just stuck it into the last free cell and hoo boy the gown. Gown is 6 layers, colorable and non-colorable. The sleeves are probably a bit misaligned but they should align perfectly with ermine inclusions. Slime queen also has Orb and Scepter as her non-removable equipment, so her melee attacks use one sprite for both and her ranged attacks use usual slime/energy projectiles.

I also shaded "privates" file a bit better and so I include it here.
Attachments
Slime Queen.png
Slime Queen.png (29.16 KiB) Viewed 1356 times
privates.png
privates.png (11.49 KiB) Viewed 1356 times
GreenSlime
Participator

Re: Vore War V12F

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:04 pm

Aurilika wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:A function to feed allied/enslaved/fellow army units directly to a SPECIFIC army unit would DEFINITELY be convenient(for what I do every game). XD

Outside of battle you mean, such as in the army screen?

Yeah!
Turbotowns
???

Re: Vore War V12F

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:10 pm

GreenSlime wrote:Almost done with the queen, now gonna do the major clothes and minor details cleanup. I promised preview, so here it is, in nude and in fully clothed.

That... is absolutely better than anything I expected!

GreenSlime wrote:Whew. That was certainly something.

So Slime Queen is done. Features 4 boob sizes, hair over the eyes/hair not over the eyes (plus it's still compatible with usual slime hair), Open mouth animation I remembered about in the last possible moment and so I just stuck it into the last free cell and hoo boy the gown. Gown is 6 layers, colorable and non-colorable. The sleeves are probably a bit misaligned but they should align perfectly with ermine inclusions. Slime queen also has Orb and Scepter as her non-removable equipment, so her melee attacks use one sprite for both and her ranged attacks use usual slime/energy projectiles.

Absolutely fantastic! I was worried for no reason, phenomenal job GreenSlime!
:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:01 pm

Winny wrote:No I meant that instead of it going "End of battle and it automatically goes straight to the stats screen." Maybe have it go "End of battle but does not automatically goes to stats screen." and to simply click end turn one last time to get to the stats screen. Mostly to go over text of the battle. Who died, what happened ectect.

Okay, would you rather the pause happens before the time skip if it's turn on, or after the time skip, or does it matter?

GreenSlime wrote:So I got some free time and retooled imps real quick.
Also there's a bug/oversight in the game: in "large breasts" variant of imp chief outfit cleavage should be there as a separate breasts-colored layer.

I thought that I had that set up, but maybe I didn't. Can you tell me what sprites are changed, so that I don't have to split the eyes and other things into multiple layers again if I don't need to? Or is it just a lot of minor changes, in which case I'll take the time to split them again.

Baif wrote:No problem, as long as you see it fit for the game.

The belly wobble is a nice visual addition, and I had never touched the animator component so maybe I'll learn something useful from checking out the way you set it up as well. The skulls are a nice visual addition to tell where a unit was that died in a stomach.

GreenSlime wrote:Open mouth animation I remembered about in the last possible moment and so I just stuck it into the last free cell and hoo boy the gown. Gown is 6 layers, colorable and non-colorable.

Yeah, the old slime queen actually has 8 clothing related layers. I guess I really need to spend the time soon to go through and set up the alternate color method, both for better color quality, and fewer sprite pieces.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Winny » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:21 pm

Most def after the time skip.
Winny
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GreenSlime » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:58 am

I thought that I had that set up, but maybe I didn't. Can you tell me what sprites are changed, so that I don't have to split the eyes and other things into multiple layers again if I don't need to? Or is it just a lot of minor changes, in which case I'll take the time to split them again.

Every layer with hands and feet drawn. So top row, pigmentation layers and imp leader clothes.
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby LostSoul13 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:52 pm

Whenever the AI takes a town and ends up lowering its population to 0, but then needs to resupply afterwards, the army stays in the empty town infinitely trying to resupply.
Edit: Also, auto-regurgitate friendlies seems to be stuck permanently on.
LostSoul13
Been posting for a bit

Postby GreenSlime » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:20 am

Progress report: Octopussy edition.

Also, what light weapons should scyllas have? Their heavy weapons are harpoon and trident, what could water-dwelling civilization use other than that?
Attachments
scyllo.png
scyllo.png (4.53 KiB) Viewed 1106 times
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby SubZero156 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:28 am

what about a spear for light ranged i unsure for light melee
SubZero156
Participator

Postby chefjellyguy » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:23 am

light melee should be a small fork, like the spoon-maces the humans have.
chefjellyguy
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:58 am

GreenSlime wrote:Progress report: Octopussy edition.
Also, what light weapons should scyllas have? Their heavy weapons are harpoon and trident, what could water-dwelling civilization use other than that?

Hoh!~ Now THOSE are some tentacles!~

chefjellyguy wrote:light melee should be a small fork, like the spoon-maces the humans have.

Cute. XD
Turbotowns
???

Postby GreenSlime » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:39 am

Sadly the spoon mace have perished, replaced by something drawn slightly better. Press F to pay respects.

However, the talk about cooking utensils got me thinking - why not knife? Dagger, to be precise. As for ranged, harpoon is already kind of spear, so I went with something... unconventional. You'll see :-D .

Also, drawing harpy wings is a pain.
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Aurilika » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:24 am

Winny wrote:Most def after the time skip.

Okay, I'll add it to the next patch.

LostSoul13 wrote:Whenever the AI takes a town and ends up lowering its population to 0, but then needs to resupply afterwards, the army stays in the empty town infinitely trying to resupply.
Edit: Also, auto-regurgitate friendlies seems to be stuck permanently on.

I'll fix the AI. As for the auto-regurgitate, that should have been fixed for 12G, but I'll double check to make sure.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Orosaki » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:56 pm

kinda wish we had a weapon for voracity like the typical knife and fork.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
And if anyone asks I'm clearly the devil.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Winny » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:12 pm

If drawing harpy wings is a pain because you try to draw each feather how about the wings being closer to one solid color with some feather details here or there. Think white and fluffy instead of trying to do each and every feather.

Just an idea.
Winny
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GreenSlime » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:36 pm

If drawing harpy wings is a pain because you try to draw each feather how about the wings being closer to one solid color with some feather details here or there. Think white and fluffy instead of trying to do each and every feather.

Just an idea.

In the end i'm doing it like this, yeah, just making feather shapes layer by layer. Bonus, the feather layers are individually colorable.

On an unrelated note, how hard would it be to implement simple grappling system?

-Grappling is an action with chance of success being STR vs STR check
-When grappled the unit that was grabbed cannot move or attack and tries to break away each turn (like with vore but again comparing STR with grappler's STR)
-Grappler can attack or vore unit that has been grappled with increased chance of success. but cannot move without breaking the grapple
-Visually it is depicted by two units moving closer together with grappling unit behind (they still occupy two tiles to prevent issues with being surrounded).

This system might give melee units an edge against ranged as they typically don't have very high STR and so fast melee units might be able to rush in and lock them. This may also help when you want to train a specific low-level unit and it's lategame.
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Aurilika » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:51 am

Orosaki wrote:kinda wish we had a weapon for voracity like the typical knife and fork.

Just to soften targets up, or actually used to assist devouring? It seems odd if a knife and fork helped eat someone whole.

GreenSlime wrote:On an unrelated note, how hard would it be to implement simple grappling system?
-Grappling is an action with chance of success being STR vs STR check
-When grappled the unit that was grabbed cannot move or attack and tries to break away each turn (like with vore but again comparing STR with grappler's STR)
-Grappler can attack or vore unit that has been grappled with increased chance of success. but cannot move without breaking the grapple
-Visually it is depicted by two units moving closer together with grappling unit behind (they still occupy two tiles to prevent issues with being surrounded).
This system might give melee units an edge against ranged as they typically don't have very high STR and so fast melee units might be able to rush in and lock them. This may also help when you want to train a specific low-level unit and it's lategame.

Someone else suggested this a little while back, so it was on my list, although their implementation was different than yours. Some form of it will probably make it in sooner or later.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:27 pm

Aurilika wrote:
Orosaki wrote:kinda wish we had a weapon for voracity like the typical knife and fork.

Just to soften targets up, or actually used to assist devouring? It seems odd if a knife and fork helped eat someone whole.

I think they mean stat boosting gear for voracity. Like gloves, shoes, gauntlets, etc. Otherwise yeah it'd be redundant and silly looking.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V10A

Postby Katar » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:53 am

Hey, I'm back with more ideas nobody asked for! Strap in!

Katar wrote:Crypters [Crusader/Old Fertile Crescent Cities]
Slumbering [Passive? New AI type of turtle and sudden aggression?]:
Crypt of Testament
Tomb of Doubt
Tomb of Syn
Ruins of Ur-Babel
Tomb of Talmund [Talmund is the earliest recorded "location" of golems]
Tongue of Shem [Shem is a piece of paper placed into a golem's mouth with its god's name on it that's supposed to keep it alive. If destroyed it will die.]

Awoken:
The Eternal Palace / Crypt of the Undying Queen -Capital
Citadel of [Holy/Divine] Purpose
Citadel of Syn
Ur-Babel Arisen
Citadel of Talmund
Gullet of Shem
Crucible of Consumption
Devouring Catalyst

I'm resubmitting these names for the Crypters as they still have no names for their towns and this saddens me.

Scylla City Name Suggestions:
City of the Conch [Capital]
The Trident
Seafoama
The Tidepool
Clamonia
Lost City of Vorantis [Capital?]
[The Following are just ancient sunken cities]
Baiae
Olous
Heracleion
Pavlopetri
Ravenser
Atlit Yum

Humans [Names imagined as if it were a world hostile to humanity and they are merely surviving in a world full of powerful monsters]:
Bastion [Capital]
Bulwark
The Iron Stronghold
Forlorn Citadel
Fort Dauntless
Homestead
The Partition
Gold Hand Redoubt
Fort Hera
Boldenholm
Grace

So when are these neato lizards and slimes going to be introduced to the mod? They look fantastic!

Also, if greenslime is taking request I'd still really recommend a military uniform of some kind [preferably with weight gain?] that really looks civilized [Napoleonic?] as I think it'd be neat to have a civilized army fighting savages. Maybe even having a faction like humans/bunnies which [in my opinion] seem to be prey races having muskets or something? This is only a request, so feel free to say no but come on who doesn't want sexy bunny/human musketeers?
AND YET MORE, perhaps for Harpies have greek themed weapons? A Sarissa for heavy weapons [Long pike, maybe even with a shield on the other arm/back?] and a Cretan bow while the light weapons are a Falcata Sword [curved blade] and a sling?

Also, now that we have this system wherein random creatures can spawn in, could it be possible to have "traveling civilians" for the prey races? By this I mean having small bands of this race spawn but they're essentially no faction and are lightly armed but are of random sized from 8 to 32 and all they do it travel between their faction's cities. If this could be implemented it'd be a really cool mechanic for a weaker empire to meaningfully raid a rival nation without having to take a well fortified city? I'm not sure how this could work and it could even just be a small thing, but these bands would probably need a different banner of some kind to show they're vulnerable to raiding.
Katar
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:49 am

Oh HEY!, Looking closely at the sprites you presented, I think you actually gave the slime queen a bigger(possible) rack than any OTHER unit! Nice, thanks!

Hahaha, yeah, I gotta agree with Katar! I can't wait to play as these revamped slimes!(I really need to come up with some more city names...)
Turbotowns
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game