Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V26D

Postby BrokenDoorknob » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:09 pm

God damnit here I was thinking "eh this looks interesting may as well try" and once I started I played for litterally 18 hours striaght with breaks for a single meal and the bathroom 3 times what the fuck
Is this what people mean with the whole "one more turn" at 5am in civ 5?

Anyway awesome game! Only critique so far is that the UI could use some work, and if the tutorial could explain things a bit more as well that would be nice.

Question though, I see the AI often eat 2 of my units in a single turn with their same unit, or attack twice or similar without having a trait saying they should be able to do so. Is that something just AI can do, or is that something I can do too and I'm just dumb?
BrokenDoorknob
Participator

Postby coolfire03 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:14 pm

firebolt2526 wrote:God damnit here I was thinking "eh this looks interesting may as well try" and once I started I played for litterally 18 hours striaght with breaks for a single meal and the bathroom 3 times what the fuck

Anyway awesome game! Only critique so far is that the UI could use some work, and if the tutorial could explain things a bit more as well that would be nice.

Question though, I see the AI often eat 2 of my units in a single turn with their same unit, or attack twice or similar without having a trait saying they should be able to do so. Is that something just AI can do, or is that something I can do too and I'm just dumb?

At a certain level, a unit's agility may give it enough action points to vore two units. Also I agree that at times the game can get addicting and its surprisingly fun. I don't know how difficult it would be, but would be cool to add variants to some of the main races, like taurs and feral.
coolfire03
New to the forum

Postby Manchura » Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:16 am

depends on their level and some books
Manchura
Somewhat familiar

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:09 pm

Aurilika wrote:
MarkusFreeman320 wrote:Loving this game! Is there any way to give a race the prey's curse as a trait? I'd love to have a preyslut race.
Also are there any plans to expand diplomacy? I'd love if you could offer population instead of gold as an offering :3

I'm guessing you mean to change the actual text itself like the ability? Yeah, I'll add in a trait for that.
That sort of gets a little fiddlier because you'd need to specify where it's going from or two, unless it's just split equally between all towns, and also have it not take garrison/specific units.

Yay! preyslut trait!

I'm thinking for diplomatic population offerings, there are two tiers, first it empties all non-garrisoned civilians, evenly spread across all towns, then it empties garrisons evenly spread, stopping at 1 pop per town so whole towns aren't emptied. And an expansion of what you can do with your allies, as right now if an army tries to enter an allied town, it counts as invasion. I'm thinking we could have armies use allied towns much like your own, except you can only recruit that towns species, and if you eat villagers it damages your diplomatic relations with them. With a possible "Snackrifice" option where you feed that army to the local town, increasing diplomacy based upon the power rating of that army, as well as garnering a gold tribute from that empire based upon the power of that army. That way you could turn an army into increased diplomacy as well as some more gold.

Also is there a possibility of allowing belly rubs to be used against enemies? I'm thinking it could have a stun effect on preds with prey in their stomachs, preventing them from doing anything next turn as long as they are having their bellies rubbed, and certain traits like a preyslut trait increase the chance of it stunning them. The stun would have flavour text about how the pred is enjoying the belly rub too much to resist. You wouldn't be able to attack them without breaking the stun, but it would allow you to keep them busy while they digest so you can focus on their allies. And it would be balanced out by increasing digestion/absorption speed, and once the belly is empty the stun ends, and any units rubbing bellies could have reduced vore resistance.

And a simple fix for the traits taking up the battle info bar, just have the traits listed after everything else, including who they've eaten, and have an empty line between the stats and the eaten prey, and between the eaten prey and the traits.
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

Location: Western Scotland (That's as much detail as you're getting)

Postby Micadi » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:51 am

The Spring is Coming...
Attachments
alraune3.png
Micadi
Been posting for a bit

Postby Younger99 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:35 am

Micadi wrote:The Spring is Coming...

Oh my you've gotten my attention XD
Younger99
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:39 am

Micadi wrote:The Spring is Coming...

Aw hell yeah! I was hoping for a plant based species to ally the twisted vines with! XD

And with the Bee(and upcoming arachnid) race, "The Nature Alliance" shall soon be formed!
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:46 pm

TheFetishBeast wrote:
Aurilika wrote:
DisguisedQQ wrote:How about guerilla trait, that would make small armies invisible when atleast half of units have that trait?
And about cheating, why not make infinite assimilation version? XD

Hmm, that feels incredibly special use.
Mostly it's because the info display would be really cluttered if you get like 10 or 15 traits in there.

Hmm... Cluttered info display due to too many traits... That's something that's bothered me many times too... Here's a thought that just came to mind. How about removing the traits from the info display altogether and just have the 'Traits' text there. Then, hover the mouse over that text and have another box pop up that houses all of the soldier's traits. Wouldn't that be good?

That just kind of moves the clutter, and at a certain point that pop-up would become unwieldy as well.

DisguisedQQ wrote:How about new trait Rough/Spiky - if owner swallowed, pred will take damage every turn as well.
Perk idea - unit who kills an enemy getiing permanent bonus to stats, like AdeptLearner thingie but weaker. PS. Keyword is kill, screw preds. XD

Not sure about Spiky, that kind of messes with the flow of the game.
That second one might make a decent cheat trait, though.

DisguisedQQ wrote:What about something like passive preds, who can't swallow alive prey but still can make use of corpses?
Auto-surrendered enemies that switched side should be untargetable by ai for atleast one turn, since they get instantly devoured otherwise.

That would take some major reworking, because non-preds literally don't have the piece that can take in any prey. (I could cheat it by making them eat corpses after the battle, but I don't know if that's worthwhile.)

Lamialover wrote:This game is amazing! I can't believe I found out about it just now!
The many options make it so much better, I think I'm addicted.

Glad you're enjoying it!

chemicalcrux wrote:The game's UI gets pretty wonky when using an ultrawide monitor - stuff goes off the screen and there's not much space left for the tactical map, among other things.

I might take a stab at fixing that today or tomorrow. Running the game at a 16:9 resolution makes it work, but then it's not ultrawide :P

Yeah, It was engineered for 16:9, and gradually got more support for taller resolutions, but not wider ones.

firebolt2526 wrote:God damnit here I was thinking "eh this looks interesting may as well try" and once I started I played for litterally 18 hours striaght with breaks for a single meal and the bathroom 3 times what the fuck

Thank you. Yeah, UI is not one of my strengths.
Normally that should only happen if they have traits allowing multiple attacks, or if the units are surrendered, in which case they can be eaten for 2 mp.

MarkusFreeman320 wrote:Also is there a possibility of allowing belly rubs to be used against enemies? I'm thinking it could have a stun effect on preds with prey in their stomachs, preventing them from doing anything next turn as long as they are having their bellies rubbed, and certain traits like a preyslut trait increase the chance of it stunning them. The stun would have flavour text about how the pred is enjoying the belly rub too much to resist. You wouldn't be able to attack them without breaking the stun, but it would allow you to keep them busy while they digest so you can focus on their allies. And it would be balanced out by increasing digestion/absorption speed, and once the belly is empty the stun ends, and any units rubbing bellies could have reduced vore resistance.

And a simple fix for the traits taking up the battle info bar, just have the traits listed after everything else, including who they've eaten, and have an empty line between the stats and the eaten prey, and between the eaten prey and the traits.

That might actually be too powerful, but I'll think about it.

Yeah, that could work.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Persona59523 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:20 pm

So I like to have one unit basically eat everyone around them, so I was wondering if there would be new pixels that shows how big you can get. A starting point I say is that when a unit have eaten 5 enemies, new belly( don't @ me if this sprite already exist). However when you eat more enemies, your belly grows in front of you, basically taking a space as well. The more you eat the bigger the belly gets and the more space you take up. So along the lines of eaten 15 enemies, the unit is takijg up 5 to 8 spaces. Also their movement/ap get lower cause more weight. This might be a very complex thing to ask but I hope it workable. To clarify, what I want is new sprites that show bigger belly and nut, and the bigger the things are, the more space the unit take up and the slower it gets.
Persona59523
Participator

Postby chemicalcrux » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:08 pm

Persona59523 wrote:So I like to have one unit basically eat everyone around them, so I was wondering if there would be new pixels that shows how big you can get. A starting point I say is that when a unit have eaten 5 enemies, new belly( don't @ me if this sprite already exist). However when you eat more enemies, your belly grows in front of you, basically taking a space as well. The more you eat the bigger the belly gets and the more space you take up. So along the lines of eaten 15 enemies, the unit is takijg up 5 to 8 spaces. Also their movement/ap get lower cause more weight. This might be a very complex thing to ask but I hope it workable. To clarify, what I want is new sprites that show bigger belly and nut, and the bigger the things are, the more space the unit take up and the slower it gets.

The idea of multi-space units has come up in the past. It's rather difficult to manage, since it breaks a lot of nice assumptions that single-space units gives you (one space per unit, one unit per space). I'm not sure I'd implement something like that.

The loss of AP does occur tho - units without Born to Move get a penalty based on their prey.
chemicalcrux
Been posting for a bit

Postby Jed » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:28 am

Any ETA for the next update? I don’t mean to rush, but I get really excited whenever a new race is added!
Jed
New to the forum

Postby Aurilika » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:38 pm

Persona59523 wrote:So I like to have one unit basically eat everyone around them, so I was wondering if there would be new pixels that shows how big you can get. A starting point I say is that when a unit have eaten 5 enemies, new belly( don't @ me if this sprite already exist). However when you eat more enemies, your belly grows in front of you, basically taking a space as well. The more you eat the bigger the belly gets and the more space you take up. So along the lines of eaten 15 enemies, the unit is takijg up 5 to 8 spaces. Also their movement/ap get lower cause more weight. This might be a very complex thing to ask but I hope it workable. To clarify, what I want is new sprites that show bigger belly and nut, and the bigger the things are, the more space the unit take up and the slower it gets.

It would require a lot of systems changes to support that, so it's not really feasible at this point.

Jed wrote:Any ETA for the next update? I don’t mean to rush, but I get really excited whenever a new race is added!

Should be pretty soon, probably within the next few days.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Persona59523 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:35 pm

Aurilika wrote:

It would require a lot of systems changes to support that, so it's not really feasible at this point.

Ok, just wanting to say that because while I like to see bellies as large as buildings, I didn't want it to have no side effects.
Persona59523
Participator

Postby Aurilika » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:10 pm

V27 Released.

3 new races created by Micadi and some minor features and fixes.

27:
Added a few new races, Driders, Alraune (both main races), and Gryphons (Monsters), all done by Micadi.
Can now view the unit customization save/load from tactical games instead of just from the strategic customizer.
Added some code to prevent a very unlikely scenario that let you take control of a defeated empire's leader.
Added option to turn off the terrain blending for lava and volcanic, this will get rid of the grass border between lava and volcanic, but makes them the old blocky style. May improve the looks if you have a lava/volcanic heavy map, but otherwise is up to the viewer.
Changed the cheating AI difficulty so that it gets a small exp gain bonus in addition to the usual extra gold.
Added some new currently unused traits:
Bulky: Increases the unit's effective size to make them harder to swallow without actually giving other buffs or changing their visible side like the scaling traits.
WillingRace: The entire race is permanently cursed with predator's curse, making them easier to vore and using the alternative text for that.
AdaptiveTactics: (Cheat) The unit gets double exp from all actions
KillerKnowledge: (Cheat) The unit gets a small random permanent stat boost from every kill.
Allow infighting now properly allows you to cast detrimental spells on friendly units.
Added scrollbar to the mercenary section in content settings, as it was too big to do without. Spaced them out a little bit so they're not so crowded as well.
Added option for a hard exp cap that makes that the maximum possible level. Can be useful in some situations where the soft cap is not as practical, or you want more control. You can also combine both if you want, for example making the hard cap 2 levels above the soft cap.
AI will now avoid targeting surrendered units that converted for two turns to give them a better chance of actually amounting to anything.
Fixed bees that should be wearing rags showing up in the leader outfit instead.
Fixed some minor sprite issues.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V27

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:31 am

Aw, hell yeah! Looks like it's time to evolve my map to the next level(but how... I figured out how)! XD

-------------------------

My map's coming along... (an undo function would be QUITE useful. XD)

I wanted to mention that it'd probably be a good idea(especially with so many races that it needs a scrollbar) to sort the races in the mercenary list by type(Main, Monster, Merc, Spc.Merc).
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:27 am

Map done! Turbo8! With the new Nature Alliance!
Turbo8.zip
(9.43 KiB) Downloaded 94 times

(Now if only turn order could be saved...)

Ah! And if I could make a unique request? When we bulk buy, could we have the option to buy weapons for everyone AGAIN? After the first time, which would give them the other type(like, we buy advanced weapons for everyone, they all get axes and compound bows. Buying weapons again would give all the melee fighters the ranged ones and vice versa(regardless of tier, if we buy advanced first, then whether we buy advanced or basic 2ed, the melee fighters buy a bow and so on(cause there's no benefit to basic weapons yet(unless the accuracy boost has already been implemented?)))). Why? So that, if we want, we can have more versatile units, or if units have 3 slots(due to resourceful), they can have a melee weapon, a ranged, and an accessory(rather than a weapon and the same accessory twice. XD ). ANd, at later levels, the few points given by the accessories don't amount to much(maybe if they worked more on percentage than flat)(a second weapon, even if they're shit with them, gives far more use than a measly few point boost into a single stat), and of course, warriors firing shots at enemies as they approach for melee, and archers being able to fight back in melee with an actual close-range weapon, is useful, no?

Now question: when saving/loading customizations in the unit editor(instead of the legit/non-cheat customizer), are traits and gear saved/loaded too?

And bug report, sometimes, futa leaders(possibly other herms, but I've just noticed it mostly with leaders) will spawn with the prey trait(which I've given to the males of their races). are herms partially getting male traits(they aren't getting the other male ones, just prey for some reason). herms and leaders sure as hell don't have that trait... Wait... it's happened before with the cat leader... and it happened again... DID THE PREY TRAIT GET SAVED WITH THE STANDARD NON-CHEAT CUSTOM SAVE AND WHENEVER THE GAME LOADS THE CUSTOM LEADER THE GET IT?!?! Or this merely a bug(even if it isn't, how'd they get them in the first place)?

And speaking of prey, maybe remove it from the possible traits adaptive biology can grant(as it would cease it's effectiveness at that point).
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:30 pm

Turbotowns wrote:(an undo function would be QUITE useful. XD)

I wanted to mention that it'd probably be a good idea(especially with so many races that it needs a scrollbar) to sort the races in the mercenary list by type(Main, Monster, Merc, Spc.Merc).

I'm not sure of the best way to have an undo without a bunch of extra work. Most mistakes should be pretty quick to undo, though (with the exception of your mouse going crazy while you're painting)

Well, you can already group them into types, alpha set separates the categories individually and alphabetizes them, and race order is the game's order (which is also separated into categories, but the order is the order the races were added to the game)

Turbotowns wrote:Ah! And if I could make a unique request? When we bulk buy, could we have the option to buy weapons for everyone AGAIN?

Well, it probably makes more sense if there was just a 'buy both weapons' toggle, so I'll stick that it.

Turbotowns wrote:Now question: when saving/loading customizations in the unit editor(instead of the legit/non-cheat customizer), are traits and gear saved/loaded too?
And bug report, sometimes, futa leaders(possibly other herms, but I've just noticed it mostly with leaders) will spawn with the prey trait(which I've given to the males of their races). are herms partially getting male traits(they aren't getting the other male ones, just prey for some reason). herms and leaders sure as hell don't have that trait... Wait... it's happened before with the cat leader... and it happened again... DID THE PREY TRAIT GET SAVED WITH THE STANDARD NON-CHEAT CUSTOM SAVE AND WHENEVER THE GAME LOADS THE CUSTOM LEADER THE GET IT?!?! Or this merely a bug(even if it isn't, how'd they get them in the first place)?

They aren't, I didn't mess with that yet.
As for the trait issues, I'm not sure what the cause is. I made a game with males being assigned prey and none of the herms, leader or otherwise had it. It looks like there is an issue where if a character is say, created as male, they'll be prey, and then if they're changed to a different gender, they'll still be prey unless the prey flag is manually removed, so I'll get that fixed. If that wasn't the cause of your issue, then I'm not sure what's going on.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby gigaredpanther » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:59 pm

I gotta say, the new gryphons are real tough bastards! I like to play with rules that make it so 'monster' encounters don't despawn after defeating a garrison. I try to play a game using the new races, and, uh... The driders got eaten by gryphons. All of them. An enire faction taken down solely by gryphons at default scaling, spawn rate, etc.

I'm really glad you can rebalance the game yourself. As much as I love being gobbled up by cute wildlife, it was really getting out of hand! Lowered the spawn rate and gave them the 'Foolish' trait. That made the game much less of a catbird apocalypse scenario.

I love them! Really. But YIKES!
We get: To eat you
You get: Eaten

-Tyranid Diplomat
gigaredpanther
Somewhat familiar

Postby Micadi » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:24 pm

gigaredpanther wrote:I gotta say, the new gryphons are real tough bastards! I like to play with rules that make it so 'monster' encounters don't despawn after defeating a garrison. I try to play a game using the new races, and, uh... The driders got eaten by gryphons. All of them. An enire faction taken down solely by gryphons at default scaling, spawn rate, etc.

I'm really glad you can rebalance the game yourself. As much as I love being gobbled up by cute wildlife, it was really getting out of hand! Lowered the spawn rate and gave them the 'Foolish' trait. That made the game much less of a catbird apocalypse scenario.

I love them! Really. But YIKES!

That's actually my fault lol. But I didn't make their stats that much different from Wyverns or Harvesters though
Code: Select all
Harvesters:        BodySize = 18,            StomachSize = 30,            ExpMultiplier = 1.5f,            PowerAdjustment = 2.2f,
                Strength = StatRange(12, 22),                Dexterity = StatRange(6, 14),                Endurance = StatRange(18, 24),                Mind = StatRange(6, 10),
                Will = StatRange(10, 22),                Agility = StatRange(18, 28),                Voracity = StatRange(18, 24),                Stomach = StatRange(10, 14),

Wyvern:            BodySize = 18,            StomachSize = 18,            ExpMultiplier = 1.5f,            PowerAdjustment = 2f,
                Strength = StatRange(8, 20),                Dexterity = StatRange(6, 14),                Endurance = StatRange(12, 20),                Mind = StatRange(12, 28),
                Will = StatRange(6, 14),                Agility = StatRange(10, 22),                Voracity = StatRange(10, 18),                Stomach = StatRange(8, 16),

Gryphons:          BodySize = 24,            StomachSize = 30,            ExpMultiplier = 1.75f,            PowerAdjustment = 2f,
                Strength = StatRange(8, 20),                Dexterity = StatRange(12, 18),                Endurance = StatRange(16, 20),                Mind = StatRange(12, 16),
                Will = StatRange(10, 22),                Agility = StatRange(16, 26),                Voracity = StatRange(10, 18),                Stomach = StatRange(10, 14),

The only stats that Gryphons are better than Wyverns and Harvesters with are Body Size (that won't matter much after few levels) and Dexterity. As traits go, I didn't give them anything too powerful. Combat affecting traits are only flight (kinda obvious), intimidating (one that actually gives them some advantage), charge (that only makes them move faster for two turns to simulate their skydiving that many birds of prey do in real world). They are also kinda balanced out by greedy trait making them not regurgitate allies.
Micadi
Been posting for a bit

Postby gigaredpanther » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:30 pm

Micadi wrote:That's actually my fault lol. But I didn't make their stats that much different from Wyverns or Harvesters though

Two monster encounters I also lowered the spawn rate of, heh. Those guys and dragons are more or less things I consider (mini)boss fights.

But yeah, gryphons can be SUPER dangerous early game when monsters and armies alike are level one. Too big for a lot of races to eat early on, voracious enough to eat multiple soldiers at level one. But yea, my reasoning was a lower spawn rate lets armies have a chance to level up, and giving them 'Foolish' keeps them from getting too powerful when a level 1 army gets unlucky.

I love having powerful random encounters around. But it can be DEVASTATING when they pop up early! RIP Drider civ; Gone before I could encounter them, despite them being my neighbors.
We get: To eat you
You get: Eaten

-Tyranid Diplomat
gigaredpanther
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game