Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V15E

Postby Aces » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:34 pm

Ideas for centaurs:
  • +1 or +2 movement on the campaign map.
  • Overall small movement bonus in battle.
  • Very huge nerf to digestion damage because herbivore stomach.
  • Stomachs harder to escape.
  • Higher base stomach capacity?
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby SubZero156 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:15 am

Aces wrote:Ideas for centaurs:

maybe also a boost to str and def because they are horses?
SubZero156
Participator

Postby carlj » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:08 pm

GreenSlime wrote:So, uh, out of curiosity - what's wrong with pack stats?

I just find them boring, like "just slap a boost of a particular stat and good to go" kind of boring. I mean they are not bad and we can maybe keep them around as those traits that a unit get after a certain level or along side other races traits, but i'll take an actually interesting gimmick or ability over those any day.
carlj
Participator

Postby Jazzumness » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:54 pm

Aces wrote:Ideas for centaurs:

To simplify it
Half of normal acid damage done because of being a herbivore
double stomach capacity because of having a human and horse stomach
or maybe they only loose 1 mp every two prey for having a stronger lower half
Jazzumness
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:02 pm

I feel I should mention that this is a busy month for me, so progress is a little slower. I hope to have the next patch done by the end of the week or so.

Turbotowns wrote:hmmm, I wonder if there's a way to remove a race from play on a saved map, like if a custom map gives wolves some villages, if we'd be able to remove the wolf race from play(in the create strategy screen), and the villages would be removed(or abandoned)).

That would honestly be pretty easy to implement, so I'll probably add that feature.

carlj wrote:Remove the Biter trait and add a new one: Ensnare, can hold a target for their turn preventing movement, attacks and vore but can use struggle (it'll check using defense and strength), if they break free they don't consume MP and can act immediately but if they fail the Lamia gets a bonus to vore that stack for every turn they fail (the Lamia is focused on ensnaring the target and can't do anything else until the Ensnare is resolved one way or another).

There is a planned feature called grappling that will effectively be this for all of the races, so I'll probably give those two races a bonus to grappling when it comes out.
carlj wrote:Goblins: They got too many traits, i say remove ArtfulDodge. They already take less damage from ranged attack, they don't need to also dodge.

Well, the mercenary races are intended to be more powerful, but the reduced damage from ranged attack is part of a neutral trait, because the same trait makes them take extra damage from melee.
I'll add some of the other traits to the list of traits to be implemented. As for getting traits from leveling, that had not been suggested yet. It was planned to have some secondary traits assigned randomly on creation, but perhaps it would be better to use a combination of that system and getting some through leveling.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:19 am

What races are planned? I heard mention of a sheep race and I think a bovine race would work really well, like the tauren from WoW.
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

Location: Western Scotland (That's as much detail as you're getting)

Postby Edward_Lapine » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:23 pm

Aurilika, I just wanted to say you're doing a great job making Vore War! I've been having a lot of fun with it and look forward to new updates. No pressure!
Edward_Lapine
Been posting for a bit

Postby jademask114 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:40 pm

very nice game, I love it and I always love games like Fire Emblem so having a vore game close to it makes me very happy and looking forward to future updates :3
jademask114
Been posting for a bit

Postby SquishySofty » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:04 pm

jademask114 wrote:very nice game, I love it and I always love games like Fire Emblem so having a vore game close to it makes me very happy and looking forward to future updates :3

Speaking of Fire Emblem, i got too attached to my units in Vore War that i actually feeling pretty sad seeing them get defeated by a bunch of Level 1 Garrisons. xD
Not feeling so well, don't expect much of me...
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby jademask114 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:29 pm

SilhouettiShine wrote:
jademask114 wrote:very nice game, I love it and I always love games like Fire Emblem so having a vore game close to it makes me very happy and looking forward to future updates :3

Speaking of Fire Emblem, i got too attached to my units in Vore War that i actually feeling pretty sad seeing them get defeated by a bunch of Level 1 Garrisons. xD

XD ya but is still a fun game just only other game that close to that I played a few time is X-com (newer version) still need to get X-Com 2 and still think it will be fun if it had a vore mod :P
jademask114
Been posting for a bit

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:32 pm

What's the best way to start spriting for this game in particular? Like say I wanted to start work on a dragon or a shark race. what programs and what sprite sheets would I need to start with?
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby jademask114 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:19 pm

GramzonTheDragon wrote:What's the best way to start spriting for this game in particular? Like say I wanted to start work on a dragon or a shark race. what programs and what sprite sheets would I need to start with?

Dragon will be a very nice add to the game
jademask114
Been posting for a bit

Postby GreenSlime » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:59 pm

List of my projects right now:

-Taurus (Demi bovines)
-Unique serpent-dragon as a mercenary
-Shadow people
-Dragons(Actual) and dragonewts(Demi)
-the possibilities are endless

Other people work on more furry races, so it's not all demiland.

What's the best way to start spriting for this game in particular? Like say I wanted to start work on a dragon or a shark race. what programs and what sprite sheets would I need to start with?

I use Aseprite.
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Aurilika » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:05 am

MarkusFreeman320 wrote:What races are planned? I heard mention of a sheep race and I think a bovine race would work really well, like the tauren from WoW.

I've got a growing backlog of finished races waiting to be implemented, I really need to add a way to streamline the process since the amount of sprites being generated is accelerating. I'll go ahead and spoil some surprises here in case anyone else is working on sprites. The next patch will have kangaroos as a mainline race, serpents, cockvore sprites, and probably wyvern, compys and status effect icons.
There's also flying sharks and actual wolves waiting in the wings.

Edward_Lapine wrote:Aurilika, I just wanted to say you're doing a great job making Vore War! I've been having a lot of fun with it and look forward to new updates. No pressure!

Thank you!

Thank you very much!

GramzonTheDragon wrote:What's the best way to start spriting for this game in particular? Like say I wanted to start work on a dragon or a shark race. what programs and what sprite sheets would I need to start with?

You can theoretically use any image editing program. I use Piskel for rearranging sprites and making minor changes because it's free and relatively simple. If you download the source file, the spritesheets are in /Assets/Sprites . There's no standard template, because all of the races use sprites in different ways. That flexibility allows for more variety in the sprites, but leads to the current issue of taking a while to get the sprites in.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby VLover552 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:35 am

What will be the main focus of the next big update if you don't mind me asking?
VLover552
Participator

Postby captainbobey » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:21 pm

This looks really cool, I'm happy to help with coding or spritework if you need some, are you planning to change the terrain generation? Add in some other terrain, or implement the lava and ice into the map generation? Could also be cool to have some high population areas look like cities with cobblestone roads, and walls?
captainbobey
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aces » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:39 pm

I'd like to see some more deliberately designed maps. Has anyone in the community made any good maps?
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby jeveasy » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:07 am

Looking at your recent Species trait system and your idea of a hero system I have an idea for a revamp of the Leader system inspired by the Shadow of series' Nemesis system.

Basically
1. Leaders have Ranks and Traits
2. Ranks from worst to best are: Common, Rare, Epic, Legendary
3. Ranks are independent of levels
4. Ranks are gained by completing RNG objectives(Capture a city, Defeat an army containing a leader, defeat a Vagrant army, stuff like that)
5. Leadership Traits are similar to Race Traits but they affect both the unit and units around them
6. When a leader is spawned by a faction they start off with a random trait
7. When they raise in rank the player can choose to either pick one trait from 3 randomly generated from a list or upgrade one of their existing ones to a stronger version.
8. Options to allow spawn conditions for multiple leaders
Spawn conditions(Random, After x turns, etc)
Spawn Location(Capital only, any random city)
9. Two leaders cannot be in the same army
jeveasy
Been posting for a bit

Postby Estee » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:13 pm

Fun game so far. If I may add a suggestion, I'd like the CV bulged to be a bit bigger. Would it be possible to get a population bonus for CV'ing enemies?
Estee
Participator

Postby GreenSlime » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:08 pm

And here's a preview of cow girls.

EDIT: and a preview of cowgirls' civilian clothing.
Attachments
cowgirl.png
cowgirl.png (6.68 KiB) Viewed 2108 times
cowgirl2.png
cowgirl2.png (6.33 KiB) Viewed 2082 times
GreenSlime
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game