Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V14D

Postby Aurilika » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:46 pm

Ger-Fox wrote:i like alot the bridge. wish still here would not be a way to go down of it middle of it. like you have a bridge from south to north and then random you jump down from it left or right at grassland or other places. for me make it the reason of bridges away xD and we need a + bridge for connect --- and | bridges ^^ i really would like when you can edit it that you need finish the bridge first before you can leave it^^

Okay, I just whipped together a simple bridge intersection tile and I'll stick it in. As for being able to jump down/up to bridges, that will stay in there for the time being, as they were primarily intended for crossing impassible terrain which would naturally prevent you from jumping off. I didn't want to mess with the pathfinder too much at this point and have it slow down for additional cases, but I may tackle that later.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Manchura » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:52 pm

after playing this a bit I started to realize levels are moderately unbalancing to the overall strategy of the game, becomes no fun late game when first turn is spent having most of your people swallowed by level 20 units with 100% swallow chance and like 40 tile movement
Manchura
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:51 pm

Manchura wrote:after playing this a bit I started to realize levels are moderately unbalancing to the overall strategy of the game, becomes no fun late game when first turn is spent having most of your people swallowed by level 20 units with 100% swallow chance and like 40 tile movement

That is one of the weak points of the game currently. You can mitigate it by increasing the experience required to level up in the create strategic screen, but I know that's not a perfect solution. I did temporarily make matters worse by adding the +1 to all stats on level-up during the conversion from the old vore war, but significantly increased the experience required from a fixed 11 exp per level to the current default of 30 + 4 per level.

I'm certainly open to suggestions on that front. One thing I've considered is cutting the +1 to all stats on every level in half, so that there is some background progression, but less of it. Someone did suggest having units give different amounts of experience depending on the relative levels, so that might work even if it does feel slightly artificial. Training was also introduced as a method to try and counter this, but I was also trying to avoid training being so useful that it made the problem worse.

I will probably add some sort of diminishing returns on speed to try to tamper it a little so that high level units aren't running around at the equivalent of 100 mph. That might require a redesign of the stat so that it's not considered useless beyond a certain point either. Combining it with defense would probably make it too useful.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:53 pm

The slime queen's vore belly is a weird color(while she's in her regalia at least)...

belly.PNG
belly.PNG (22.78 KiB) Viewed 1081 times
Turbotowns
???

Postby Ger-Fox » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:28 am

Aurilika wrote:
Manchura wrote:after playing this a bit I started to realize levels are moderately unbalancing to the overall strategy of the game, becomes no fun late game when first turn is spent having most of your people swallowed by level 20 units with 100% swallow chance and like 40 tile movement

That is one of the weak points of the game currently. You can mitigate it by increasing the experience required to level up in the create strategic screen, but I know that's not a perfect solution. I did temporarily make matters worse by adding the +1 to all stats on level-up during the conversion from the old vore war, but significantly increased the experience required from a fixed 11 exp per level to the current default of 30 + 4 per level.

I'm certainly open to suggestions on that front. One thing I've considered is cutting the +1 to all stats on every level in half, so that there is some background progression, but less of it. Someone did suggest having units give different amounts of experience depending on the relative levels, so that might work even if it does feel slightly artificial. Training was also introduced as a method to try and counter this, but I was also trying to avoid training being so useful that it made the problem worse.

I will probably add some sort of diminishing returns on speed to try to tamper it a little so that high level units aren't running around at the equivalent of 100 mph. That might require a redesign of the stat so that it's not considered useless beyond a certain point either. Combining it with defense would probably make it too useful.

the +1 each lvl is good or add each lvl you get 10 on 1 stat so you need choose wise^^ also ai . i mean why we need str as bow user..etc^^

also yes here should be a limit of max speed.

maybe also add a limit that you can first in round 2-3 begin to swallow or no swallow possible with 100% hp. first 50% or less?
and the chance to escape should be lots higher with full hp. a full hp prey can struggle harder and leave faster because full of power and a low hp one have less chance because weak.
the pred chance should get less and less the more prey you have in the tummy. because you should get slow and weaker . your speed need get lower and your defence maybe get lower / evade chance . you really need add a evade stat xD so a fat tummy can give more defence but the evade chance get less. also a new attack : bodyslam/belly pounce/hit xD a giant belly using as weapon^^

oh uhm beside of this : why not add a status : saliva/wet. when you get eaten before you get wet because juice of tummy or saliva and for a few turn you get more easy to swallow^^ but for this the escape chance everywhere should get higher^^
Ger-Fox
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:48 am

And the lamias are giga borked.
megabork.PNG
megabork.PNG (29.96 KiB) Viewed 979 times
Turbotowns
???

Postby Wolfcrux » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:57 am

finally,breast vore and cock vore. this game is pretty great and with more races and clothes coming,it might become one of the best games of eka.if not already.
Wolfcrux
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:45 am

Turbotowns wrote:The slime queen's vore belly is a weird color(while she's in her regalia at least)...

I'll fix that for the next patch. Was a result of the clothing trying to color her belly when actually it really shouldn't.

Ger-Fox wrote:maybe also add a limit that you can first in round 2-3 begin to swallow or no swallow possible with 100% hp. first 50% or less?
and the chance to escape should be lots higher with full hp. a full hp prey can struggle harder and leave faster because full of power and a low hp one have less chance because weak.
the pred chance should get less and less the more prey you have in the tummy. because you should get slow and weaker . your speed need get lower and your defence maybe get lower / evade chance . you really need add a evade stat xD so a fat tummy can give more defence but the evade chance get less. also a new attack : bodyslam/belly pounce/hit xD a giant belly using as weapon^^

oh uhm beside of this : why not add a status : saliva/wet. when you get eaten before you get wet because juice of tummy or saliva and for a few turn you get more easy to swallow^^ but for this the escape chance everywhere should get higher^^

I don't think I would add altered vore odds on the first few turns because I tend to avoid gameplay rules that don't have a logical basis. I will tweak around the escape odds and vore odds at high hp slightly more. Predators already have a lower success rate the fuller their stomach is, as well as reduced defense. Defense is currently evade, or were you thinking there should be a new damage reduction stat? A belly based attack is certainly possible at some point.

I'm not sure about saliva as recently escaped units are usually near death anyway, so it's already pretty easy for other units to vore them.

Turbotowns wrote:And the lamias are giga borked.

Well, I just tried to get that to happen by creating a few games at various content settings and couldn't. I'll look into the code though to see if I can figure out what's happening.

Wolfcrux wrote:this game is pretty great and with more races and clothes coming,it might become one of the best games of eka.if not already.

Thank you for the compliment! I'd say it is highly subjective though, as this game by its very nature will never be able to match the storytelling of games like God Complex or Taste of Adventure.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Ger-Fox » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:40 pm

yes defence would be awesome when here is a damage reduce and a evade for evade attacks/get nommed. maybe evade help for get out faster

something what help again belly time~ the lower the preds hp the more easy to get out? help when a pred eat your unit . this unit have already somebody in tummy and get hp while pred get digested from a other unit from ya. your own unit get more or stay same because absorb and the pred who get eaten loose more and more and so the prey escape faster and not first after is begin to absorb xD
Ger-Fox
Participator

Postby Salanth » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:34 pm

When I attacked a village (the last bunny village left, some random village other than the capital, if that helps), a lot of the garrisioned troops had taken a whole bunch of damage. Is it intentional that their damage is kept? Definitely threw me off seeing that this game I played with edible corpses, meaning that most units are instahealed. Haven't really tested to see whether they would heal more with time or not.

Edit: This was 14C by the way.
Salanth
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GreenSlime » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:39 pm

What if "slippery" status makes target harder to vore, but if it's eaten, it's harder for it to escape? This could solve one freed target being repeatedly eaten AND target repeatedly escaping stomach.
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:42 pm

Oh wow it completely flew over my head that furries were added. New suggestion time!

Since the furry hands and feet option does nothing to fully furrified units, you should have the option instead enable the scruffy fluff rings on each of their limbs and without leave them without the long fur. the average furry doesn't have incredibly long fur surrounding their elbows and lower thighs.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby bloodle8 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Heya! Game's pretty fun, though I have a few things!

One, game seems to hit an exception when I try to make a pure tactical game with... Too many units, maybe? I'm assuming I'm telling it to put too many units into the map and that's crashing it, or something. Here's a link to the recentexceptions file I had: https://pastebin.com/cJ5D8TiB

I was also wondering if it'd be possible to add alternate forms of disposal in the future? Not a fan of scat, but clean bones would be fun! Or, if unbirth or cock vore get added later down the line, cum stains would be cool.
bloodle8
Participator

Postby Orosaki » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:07 pm

Aurilika wrote:

Speed's usefulness should be more or less reducing enemy accuracy most and foremost while defense reduces damage taken. Adding classes might help mitigate the level problem especially if some classes have abilities which make them good against higher level units, but not so great vs weaker units, like actual underdogs. I would prefer it if you didn't remove the +1 to every stat on level up unless it is as a last resort for balancing.

Had a few new building ideas that might help. As well as a class idea too.

Underdog class - No stat bonus. Special Ability: Challenge - Doubles their stats vs units more than 10 levels above them but halves their stats vs units whose level is less than 5 below their own.

Towers - Indestructible towers that deal regular damage to invading armies. Towers never miss their mark and deal damage equal to 1/10 of the target's hp. There are only a few and they are scattered so that they do not have overlapping firing arcs. Their range is 5 more than compound bows.

Guard barracks - Provides 5 free garrison units whose levels are based on the highest level achieved by a non leader unit, they are non recruitable or hirable. So in other words if the strongest non hero or leader unit was 30, the 5 guards provided will also be 30. They also come with free equipment based on their best stats.

Captains Home - Provides a leader unit with a high leadership for the garrison. The unit is a not as combatative and has high stats in will leadership and hp, The captain will help mitigate the difference between weak low level garrisons and an invading army by giving huge bonuses to their stats through the leadership stat. The captain's level is based on the highest level achieved by a hero or leader.

The towers add a strategic element to capturing a village no matter what, as the damage they deal is devastating now matter how tough the unit is, the guard barracks help provide a strong defense, but cuts the income of any village it is built in, the captain home also reduces income while boosting not just standard garrison but the aforementioned guards, both of them combined can turn a village into a decently fortified location, that will take some decently strong enemies to overcome especially with towers thrown in for good measure. these upgrades are useful for making a last stand, especially if the enemy has some strong units. though you may not be able to field an army easily in such a case, due to the fact these buildings reduce the income by a decent amount, as these buildings are effective putting a village into full on defense instead of focusing on armies and offense.

The captain and guards level are based on the highest levels achieved by the controlling player not the highest levels achieved by anyone.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
And if anyone asks I'm clearly the devil.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:24 pm

Ger-Fox wrote:yes defence would be awesome when here is a damage reduce and a evade for evade attacks/get nommed. maybe evade help for get out faster

something what help again belly time~ the lower the preds hp the more easy to get out? help when a pred eat your unit . this unit have already somebody in tummy and get hp while pred get digested from a other unit from ya. your own unit get more or stay same because absorb and the pred who get eaten loose more and more and so the prey escape faster and not first after is begin to absorb xD

I'll definitely think about stats and if there's a good way to shuffle them around a little.

A lower health pred being easier to escape from is probably a good idea, I don't think that exists in the game yet. I forget if I said this already but I'm probably going to make escape slightly more likely soon. It's based on the current health of the prey, and how long the prey has been in a stomach, they start out with a penalty as they get their bearings, and slowly increase odds for 8 turns (though they also lose odds somewhat at the same time by losing health). I never really tweaked that around after I made a high stomach stat increase digestion damage, so I think its incredibly rare for it to happen.

That1guy wrote:When I attacked a village (the last bunny village left, some random village other than the capital, if that helps), a lot of the garrisioned troops had taken a whole bunch of damage. Is it intentional that their damage is kept? Definitely threw me off seeing that this game I played with edible corpses, meaning that most units are instahealed. Haven't really tested to see whether they would heal more with time or not.

Edit: This was 14C by the way.

It is intentional that their damage is kept, but units in towns heal something like 10% of their maximum health per turn. So that's not outside of the realm of possibility, though it is slightly suspicious. Garrison units should also participate in the end of battle feasting of corpses. It's possible that there was an defending army there too and the army ate most of the corpses, but I can't say for certain.

GreenSlime wrote:What if "slippery" status makes target harder to vore, but if it's eaten, it's harder for it to escape? This could solve one freed target being repeatedly eaten AND target repeatedly escaping stomach.

That might work fairly well. I won't put that in until the race properties patch, because it would benefit from a redesign of the unit info panel I have planned so that it better shows buffs, and hovering over or clicking on a stat or trait will tell you what it does.

GramzonTheDragon wrote:Oh wow it completely flew over my head that furries were added. New suggestion time!

Since the furry hands and feet option does nothing to fully furrified units, you should have the option instead enable the scruffy fluff rings on each of their limbs and without leave them without the long fur. the average furry doesn't have incredibly long fur surrounding their elbows and lower thighs.

I can peel back the curtain a little and tell you that the fluffy rings were created partially to model after a particular picture, and partly to hide the seams where the arm/leg fur and body fur meets (I think it was relating to the different body sizes and making sure that the skin-fur connection also looked okay). At some point they may be optional, but the sprites would need some modification first. GreenSlime already has a queue a mile long so I don't want to ask too much of him.

bloodle8 wrote:Heya! Game's pretty fun, though I have a few things!

One, game seems to hit an exception when I try to make a pure tactical game with... Too many units, maybe? I'm assuming I'm telling it to put too many units into the map and that's crashing it, or something. Here's a link to the recentexceptions file I had: https://pastebin.com/cJ5D8TiB

I was also wondering if it'd be possible to add alternate forms of disposal in the future? Not a fan of scat, but clean bones would be fun! Or, if unbirth or cock vore get added later down the line, cum stains would be cool.

Thank you. It looks like that bug is actually a result of starting a pure tactical game on a village or walled village map. At some point that had broken and I hadn't noticed. I'll get that fixed for the next patch.

I think GreenSlime was working on clean bone sprites, but I'm not sure now. If I get the sprites I'll put them in. As for the cum stains, it seems as though unbirth and cock vore might be added in the next couple weeks, so I would probably include that when they get in.

Orosaki wrote:Speed's usefulness should be more or less reducing enemy accuracy most and foremost while defense reduces damage taken. Adding classes might help mitigate the level problem especially if some classes have abilities which make them good against higher level units, but not so great vs weaker units, like actual underdogs. I would prefer it if you didn't remove the +1 to every stat on level up unless it is as a last resort for balancing.

Had a few new building ideas that might help. As well as a class idea too.

Underdog class - No stat bonus. Special Ability: Challenge - Doubles their stats vs units more than 10 levels above them but halves their stats vs units whose level is less than 5 below their own.

Towers - Indestructible towers that deal regular damage to invading armies. Towers never miss their mark and deal damage equal to 1/10 of the target's hp. There are only a few and they are scattered so that they do not have overlapping firing arcs. Their range is 5 more than compound bows.

Guard barracks - Provides 5 free garrison units whose levels are based on the highest level achieved by a non leader unit, they are non recruitable or hirable. So in other words if the strongest non hero or leader unit was 30, the 5 guards provided will also be 30. They also come with free equipment based on their best stats.

Captains Home - Provides a leader unit with a high leadership for the garrison. The unit is a not as combatative and has high stats in will leadership and hp, The captain will help mitigate the difference between weak low level garrisons and an invading army by giving huge bonuses to their stats through the leadership stat. The captain's level is based on the highest level achieved by a hero or leader.

The towers add a strategic element to capturing a village no matter what, as the damage they deal is devastating now matter how tough the unit is, the guard barracks help provide a strong defense, but cuts the income of any village it is built in, the captain home also reduces income while boosting not just standard garrison but the aforementioned guards, both of them combined can turn a village into a decently fortified location, that will take some decently strong enemies to overcome especially with towers thrown in for good measure. these upgrades are useful for making a last stand, especially if the enemy has some strong units. though you may not be able to field an army easily in such a case, due to the fact these buildings reduce the income by a decent amount, as these buildings are effective putting a village into full on defense instead of focusing on armies and offense.

The captain and guards level are based on the highest levels achieved by the controlling player not the highest levels achieved by anyone.

Some interesting ideas. I was thinking that the guards would be way overpowered with their scaling until I saw that you said they only scale to friendly units. I still feel like that might swing the pendulum too far though. It would help out weaker villages, but stronger villages would turn into powerhouses that the enemy couldn't possibly engage, turning the game into a stalemate or slow battle of attrition.

So... I'm tempted to switch the stats around so that speed becomes speed(with diminishing returns)/evasion, and defense becomes more about damage reduction. If anyone has thoughts on that, let me know.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MikhailOberchav » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:38 pm

Is there any way to edit some of the text files regarding the flavor text for eating other units? i see a lot of xml files and others i can't access, but i'm just wondering if there's any way to open a certain file in like notepad and edit some of the flavor text for certain races or enemies.
MikhailOberchav
Somewhat familiar

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:58 am

I noticed when peeking at the source that the nippleless breasts and smooth bellies are in the files, all that's missing are female vaginaless body sprites and we could have a set of clean sprites for those who aren't into naughty bits, which would help hold over until clothe return.\

Also the help screens have no explanation of the fleeing system, it just says there is no retreat or surrender XD
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby HS » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:56 am

Aurilika wrote:A lower health pred being easier to escape from is probably a good idea, I don't think that exists in the game yet. I forget if I said this already but I'm probably going to make escape slightly more likely soon. It's based on the current health of the prey, and how long the prey has been in a stomach, they start out with a penalty as they get their bearings, and slowly increase odds for 8 turns (though they also lose odds somewhat at the same time by losing health). I never really tweaked that around after I made a high stomach stat increase digestion damage, so I think its incredibly rare for it to happen.

As a partial solution both to the escape probability and high level units eating tons of enemies one after another, would it be possible to have the eating take more than one turn? While still being eaten a unit wouldn't take digestion damage and would have an increased chance of escape, while the eater could move/fight normally (or with some distraction penalty) aside from not being able to try eating another unit until the previous one is fully swallowed. How long that would take could either be a fixed amount of turns or dependent on succeeding on some checks. After actually getting swallowed the swallowed unit would then have a big penalty on escaping like they do now.

Sprite wise there could be a sprite with the eater having bulging cheeks and/or throat, which ever looks best for the unit.

Edit: Also about the speed thing, having the speed be more about evasion and defence about damage reduction sounds great. Also also, the new movement point system could use a system similar to the current level cost, where first MP costs x speed, second x + y speed, third x + y*2 speed etc. I think having x be 1 and y be 1.5 (rounded up) could work okay, ensuring some movement even to units with the least speed but rising the cost for high MP rapidly. 1MP = 1Spd, 2MP = 4Spd, 3MP = 8Spd, 4MP = 14Spd, 5MP = 21Spd, 6MP = 30Spd, 7MP = 40Spd, 8MP = 52Spd, 9MP = 65Spd and so on.

The penalty for eaten units could be one MP per unit with a minimum of one MP left, so overeating would stop a unit on its tracks. Assuming it isn't that already, that is. I've never figured out the exact formula.
HS
Somewhat familiar

Postby ninjajoeman » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:25 am

In all honesty you could just tone down the number of levels drastically. Have leaders gain more experience as things go on, but your generic shmucks could just level up once or twice. Have it less randomized, or follow a trend after the first level (to basically turn the soldier into a unit type, this could also fit in easilly with the whole classes or unit type idea). So to have some one that focuses on vore have their next level either increase stomach capacity, movement speed to get to the enemy and away, increased tankyness, or doubling down on voracity to make them able to eat anything. Almost a skill tree instead of basic numbers, but you can keep the numbers but their change is dramatic enough to feel like a new skill.

Maybe even 4 levels, but have that basically requires them to be in your group for a fairly long while.
This might also help having to manage like 16 dudettes and possibly more if you have multiple armies.
ninjajoeman
Somewhat familiar

Postby SubZero156 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:33 am

I got an idea how about something like classes because like soldier and leader is a bit boring so something like

archer- extra damage with a bow

soldier extra damage with melee weapons or something like that
SubZero156
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game