Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V30A

Postby StarSpectre » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:10 pm

carlj wrote:
StarSpectre wrote:Erh, not sure if this is a bug or not, but, whenever a unit does BV, it doesn't grow the breasts at all, yet it works with the units like Fairies, the new unit that I forgot the name to, Panthers, that sorta thing.

That's because only those units have sprites for BV, to make all the other ones compatible someone has to make sprites for ALL of them.
Yeah, but before, in v29, it worked just fine, expanding 'em to the max size before they'd be digested, and all. ...If that makes any sense at all, heh.
StarSpectre
New to the forum

Postby Aurilika » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:35 pm

WhatTheNani wrote:Ran into a bug with the digestion rebirth trait (might also happen with conversion, haven't tested) where a garrison unit that gets converted and survives will be available in the "hire specific" tab while also being in your army. They show up in the number of defenders number as well. However they disappear from the garrison if they die in the army. Oh, and on the note of these traits, if feasible it might be nice to give the player an option of if they want to attempt to convert or simply digest, maybe a toggle or something. I often run into the problem of converting units I'd really rather just get rid of, sometimes multiple times when I re-eat them.

Also had an issue where turning on the multi-race option turned all the abandon villages into full population vagrants, just with 0 garrison. This happened when turning on the option after starting a game made in a previous iteration and I haven't tested it otherwise, so not sure if it's an isolated issue or not. One village that got taken over by the AI and given a garrison actually went over the population cap as well.

The previous bug also got me thinking that it might be nice to have a cheat option to play with the population of villages so you can change the number of each race. Would allow for some fun with abandoned villages especially.

On an unrelated note, while I'm here just thought I'd mention a minor exploit I found a while back. If you have a summonable unit with the mana rich trait (i put it on fairies), then if you get a high enough level on someone with a summon book you can get into a loop by eating all your summons where you will actually gain back more mana than you use from the mana rich units. Seems to be a result of mana rich restoring a percentage rather than a flat amount so with a high enough mana pool. It's not really a problem, since you need a pretty high mana pool for it to work, which just gets higher the more units that don't have mana rich that are summonable, plus you can run into issues with stomach space, but I found it amusing. First found it under an interesting set of circumstances while trying out putting cheat traits on mercenary units. Had a super high level succubus with infinite assimilate that managed to accumulate a huge number of traits, the important ones being large, gene eater, clever, and frenzy, and noticed in one battle that she was consistently getting more mana from consuming her summons at the end then she used. Also her level didn't go up but the level of the summons did as the loop went on, which (since flat experience was turned off) gave her increasingly massive amounts of exp, and on top of that the ever growing frenzy stacks with large on top meant she never ran out of room or had to digest the increasingly tanky summons. Hit the point where a level 30 succubus was summoning monsters over lvl 200 and had exp in the millions, at which point I figured it had gone on long enough.

Okay, the bugs with duplication should be fixed (though any already duplicated units will still exist).

Looks like the abandoned villages being populated was a one-time thing due to me using the wrong variable in the part of the code that converted the pre V30 saves to V30. It shouldn't happen to any current games because it only happens when converting from pre V30.

Ah, some way of controlling that would probably be better, may add that in the future.

That's an interesting minor exploit, but I'll leave it, because spending time eating friendly units is an acceptable trade. Not sure why the experience would shoot up that much though, but it may be mostly from the cheat traits.

KHLover wrote:
July 39th - V30A Released -- As usual, savegames should still be compatible.

Ah yes. July 39th is my favorite day.

Heh, managed to miss and didn't notice it.

DarkRain wrote:Unbridled Hedonism V7 ?

That's the focus after this, though this the the wrong topic for it.

Turbotowns wrote:...Er... Maybe It's too big? There's a delay on tiles being placed? The current dimensions are 284x by 456y.

Well, the tile placing is probably not optimal for that size of map, because I wasn't imagining someone would have a map with 129,504 tiles. At least you've got the ability to undo mistakes as it chugs along now.

neko1992 wrote:Nice to see more special mercenaries although I am at military training right now and cant play on it unless there is a mobile version I have not figured out. I'd still love to get my kitty in as a special mercenary i might have to modify existing sprites to make it work and find out how to add hir

Recommend adding a leader swap for special mercenaries like if someone wants the shark girl or your oc as their leader, still would love to see a trait market that's kinda like special mercenaries but for traits especially since more and more traits are coming out although I know it's big project maybe even a bit to much, also know this will never be done(or I have not paid attention) but add a back view of sprites for when moving certain directions (would recommend left and right view to)

I think you can kind of do that by using the unit editor on the leader and changing the race to a special mercenary.
Yeah, different orientations of sprites are very unlikely to ever happen, because that would basically triple the amount of sprites, and there's already thousands of individual sprites.

Turbotowns wrote:Also, what happens to converted units if our armies full at the end of battle? do they auto flee, and head to the nearest city?

Yeah, they should head to the nearest village.

Turbotowns wrote:I got an event where some refugees tried to join me, and I tried to let them in, but got an exception.

Was a bug related to the new population system but should be fixed now.

princejaxonhellsing wrote:so I just played the new upate and I love the game so far, but there's one character that I think is glitched. Scorched when he eats 1 enemy he instantly digests them in not even a second

Was it a much higher level than the other unit? If it massively outlevels the target, it's possible to digest in one turn (though absorption (post death) rate wouldn't really be affected by level).

StarSpectre wrote:Erh, not sure if this is a bug or not, but, whenever a unit does BV, it doesn't grow the breasts at all, yet it works with the units like Fairies, the new unit that I forgot the name to, Panthers, that sorta thing.

Yeah, I've got that fixed. I did something to make it less hassle to add units with the fancy BV sprites, and accidentally flipped a conditional that prevented the non-fancy BV sprites from working.

A bunch more bug fixes, this should eliminate most of the exceptions and weird behavior, though It's possible I may have missed something.

30B:
Added an option to remove all specific prey bulges (i.e. the Selicia prey bellies)
Fixed a bug where the monster individual conquest ype was not being saved correctly, and would go up by one every time you saved. Also fixed up some glitchiness where it sometimes didn't work as expected. It's a good idea to review your monster conquest settings to make sure they're where you want them, now.
Fixed a bug where summons with eternal or lucky survival would become permanent (and also glitchy).
Fixed a bug where the Events wouldn't correctly display the village population.
Fixed an issue where a dead unit would sometimes end up with living prey trapped inside of them.
Giving units with a locked inventory the resourceful trait will no longer cause them to lose their intended weapon.
Fixed some minor sprite issues for a couple of races.
Fixed some bugs where the race population system could lead to units cloning themselves.
Fixed a bug where adding population to a village with 0 population would throw an exception at times (there's a few places where this could happen, including the map editor, or events)
Fixed a bug I accidentally introduced that prevented the normal races BV sprites from displaying correctly (They weren't going up in sizes, due to a flipped conditional)
The Selicia sprites have had some modifications done, which also includes a Selicia belly sprite for Selicia herself -- don't think too hard about that one.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby WhatTheNani » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:54 am

Aurilika wrote:That's an interesting minor exploit, but I'll leave it, because spending time eating friendly units is an acceptable trade. Not sure why the experience would shoot up that much though, but it may be mostly from the cheat traits.

My suspicion is that it's probably a combination of gene eater and having a level 30ish unit mass eating lvl 200+ units, since the summoner doesn't actually level up until out of battle but the exp of the summons is based on the exp of the summoner instead of the level you get that kind of level gap, which I'd imagine would give some pretty buff exp numbers with flat exp turned off. But yeah, honestly I don't even have an issue with the exploit, its mildly amusing but you have to mess around with a lot of stuff to ever get it to happen, and its never something the AI would do so its in your control how much you want to break the game.
WhatTheNani
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vore War V30B

Postby deg21 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:23 pm

it would be neat if you could specialize units more rather than "here's a bow" but rather something like classes would be neat
and funny story time because i can
one of the ai's somehow suddenly gained a bunch of armies and through an event allied with me
so now he is over powering everyone except for one empire capital which was set to defensive and all armies that tried to fight it lost but mine one and he beat eveyone else and we won
it was a weird game
deg21
New to the forum

Postby Aurilika » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:21 pm

V30C Released, a few more bug fixes.

30C:
Fixed the gender options screen going off the edges of the screen.
Fixed a display issue in the world settings screen. It displays the correct number for max garrison and max army when you open it, instead of having the slider in the right place, but the number shown being wrong.
Village population displays now have a scroll bar in the unlikely event it's needed.
Improved the Unit Customizer descriptions for Merfolk, Avians, Hippos and Mantis.
Fixed another bug where units would sometimes be duplicated. From my tests, it seems to still be possible, but is now extremely rare.
Fixed a bug where dismissing into an empty village would cause the unit to be destroyed and not raise the village population.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby peteian » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:37 pm

Aurilika wrote:Fixed a bug where dismissing into an empty village would cause the unit to be destroyed and not raise the village population.

Sorry, I just imagined a unit arriving at an empty village and going "This village empty. YEET" then just flinging itself into the void
peteian
---

Postby neko1992 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:53 pm

Ah because I wanted to make your oc the leader of the foxes plus if you were using XML files it would be a lot easier to figure out how to add my oc with 2 exclusive traits the first would be diamond armor that increases her defences for every prey in her belly while increasing total income by 10% the second exclusive trait would be evolution which ever certain amount of levels reached you get to randomly pick a trait to add meaning for example lvl5 she gets a new trait lvl10 a new one and so on(would be cheat traits if added to anyone else), especially since there are a lot of feral special mercenaries and very few demi race mercenaries which we need more of, I would also go through and combine redundant or similar traits in there to make them more manageable, I would also take the sex thing from Unbridled Hedonism with a lot of sex fluff writing so vore wars can have sex before eating everyone I also have some suggestions for that game to but I'll put them over there when i get the chance
neko1992
Been posting for a bit

Re: Vore War V30C

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:46 pm

Does the rebirth get in the way of assimilate?

Also, with the trait spells(like pollen projector), the spell list gets pretty full, the right click list still works, but sometimes you wanna see our available spells at a glance, click one, and see how far it can go and what it's aoe is, if any.

Has the size traits been omitted from being assimilatable? A ate a unit where the only trait the prey had that the pred didn't yet have, was colossal, but it didn't get it, the fight ended before digestion finished, but the unit didn't have the trait afterwards... I'll try setting it to manual turn ending, so I can witness digestion finishing. Still didn't get it... They must have... It'd be nice if we could choose which traits can be assimilated and which ones can't(Like in the content settings there could be one or two columns with all the traits, and we can either move them between on and off(2 columns), or click them and whichever ones are highlighted can be assimilated(1 column)).
Turbotowns
???

Postby Estee » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:09 am

Gotta say, the events really gave the game some extra spice. So far my favorite is with the priestess swallowing a girl and her family begging you to make the priestess release her.

Anyone else found some really good events?
Estee
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:02 pm

Oh wait, I got huge, but not colossal or titanic...
Turbotowns
???

Postby LLEPAICG » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:48 am

LOL

There's a very small bug for a long time now nobody noticed! XD
If one of your units have the name -> Tabitha <- (exactly written like this), you cannot view their stats when they are inside another unit! XD

That's really funny. :D

Maybe there are more names with that issue but I didn't notice any more than this.

I just wanted to mention that! ^^
LLEPAICG
New to the forum

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:39 am

I can't scroll the complete diplomatic list.
Turbotowns
???

Postby DisguisedQQ » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:11 am

Would you be interested in creating an additional menu for unit tactical ai? This could be done via list of options to customise specific unit behavior, for example if unit allowed/unallowed to use melee attacks, ranged attacks, to cast spells, to devour anyone, to consume corpses after battle, flee when enemy is close, keep max distance when ranged/spellcaster and so on...
P.S. Best of luck to your projects.
DisguisedQQ
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:17 am

Does rebirth get in the way of weight gain?

Also... I seem to have stopped getting the AI to AI diplomacy messages(which I'd still like to NOT go away on their own, so that I can take my time reading them(or read them AT ALL if I'm focused on another window or AFK when it gets back to my turn)). I've had two turns in a row, where I was watching and no message appeared(it usually pops up over top my own diplomacy event). By the way, both types are set to constant.

AH! FInally got one again! Weird...
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:40 pm

deg21 wrote:it would be neat if you could specialize units more rather than "here's a bow" but rather something like classes would be neat
and funny story time because i can
one of the ai's somehow suddenly gained a bunch of armies and through an event allied with me
so now he is over powering everyone except for one empire capital which was set to defensive and all armies that tried to fight it lost but mine one and he beat eveyone else and we won
it was a weird game

Classes were suggested at one point but aren't going to be added in my me at this point because it's rather a major project.

neko1992 wrote:Ah because I wanted to make your oc the leader of the foxes plus if you were using XML files it would be a lot easier to figure out how to add my oc with 2 exclusive traits the first would be diamond armor that increases her defences for every prey in her belly while increasing total income by 10% the second exclusive trait would be evolution which ever certain amount of levels reached you get to randomly pick a trait to add meaning for example lvl5 she gets a new trait lvl10 a new one and so on(would be cheat traits if added to anyone else), especially since there are a lot of feral special mercenaries and very few demi race mercenaries which we need more of, I would also go through and combine redundant or similar traits in there to make them more manageable, I would also take the sex thing from Unbridled Hedonism with a lot of sex fluff writing so vore wars can have sex before eating everyone I also have some suggestions for that game to but I'll put them over there when i get the chance

Well, I think you could technically use the unit editor to change the leader's race to Aurilika and it should work and also allow for resurrection, though I haven't tested it.

The sprites are basically determined by the 2-3 people that have done the majority of the sprites, so they basically just operate on their own preferences.

Sex is unlikely to appear here, especially not in a sprite version, because at this point that would be a lot of different combinations.

Turbotowns wrote:Does the rebirth get in the way of assimilate?

Also, with the trait spells(like pollen projector), the spell list gets pretty full, the right click list still works, but sometimes you wanna see our available spells at a glance, click one, and see how far it can go and what it's aoe is, if any.

Has the size traits been omitted from being assimilatable? A ate a unit where the only trait the prey had that the pred didn't yet have, was colossal, but it didn't get it, the fight ended before digestion finished, but the unit didn't have the trait afterwards... I'll try setting it to manual turn ending, so I can witness digestion finishing. Still didn't get it... They must have... It'd be nice if we could choose which traits can be assimilated and which ones can't(Like in the content settings there could be one or two columns with all the traits, and we can either move them between on and off(2 columns), or click them and whichever ones are highlighted can be assimilated(1 column)).

It does, rebirth essentially cancels the digestion, the usual effects don't occur.

Assimilate should be able to randomly get any trait except 'prey'.

LLEPAICG wrote:LOL

There's a very small bug for a long time now nobody noticed! XD
If one of your units have the name -> Tabitha <- (exactly written like this), you cannot view their stats when they are inside another unit! XD

That's really funny. :D

Maybe there are more names with that issue but I didn't notice any more than this.

I just wanted to mention that! ^^

Well, the name parser isn't good with names with spaces in them, so that throws it off a bit. Luckily the only place it's used in Vore War is getting prey information when hovered/clicked.

Turbotowns wrote:I can't scroll the complete diplomatic list.

Updated it so it should scale to fit the window, within reason.

DisguisedQQ wrote:Would you be interested in creating an additional menu for unit tactical ai? This could be done via list of options to customise specific unit behavior, for example if unit allowed/unallowed to use melee attacks, ranged attacks, to cast spells, to devour anyone, to consume corpses after battle, flee when enemy is close, keep max distance when ranged/spellcaster and so on...
P.S. Best of luck to your projects.

That would be interesting, though it would be a bit of a larger project with a lot of special cases to avoid breaking the game too much, so it's probably not going to happen.

Turbotowns wrote:Does rebirth get in the way of weight gain?

Also... I seem to have stopped getting the AI to AI diplomacy messages(which I'd still like to NOT go away on their own, so that I can take my time reading them(or read them AT ALL if I'm focused on another window or AFK when it gets back to my turn)). I've had two turns in a row, where I was watching and no message appeared(it usually pops up over top my own diplomacy event). By the way, both types are set to constant.

AH! FInally got one again! Weird...

It probably also prevents weight gain.

Well, you requested that before, and it was added in V27 as an external flag. It didn't make it into the patch notes, but I quoted you asking about it to tell you it made it in. Check the external flags list text file for the code needed.

30D released, fixing up some more bugs.

30D:
Fixed an exception caused if a non-predator had the light Frame trait and performed a melee attack.
Fixed a bug where the monster individual conquest type was not being saved to the default correctly, and would change when saved to default, and then you entered the create game screen again. Somehow I missed this when fixing the previous bug, but it seems to stay correct after a lot of messing around, so I think it's fixed for good, now. Current saved games are fine, but it's worth checking your defaults.
Fixed some bugs that caused the blade dance stacks to disappear faster than intended.
Fixed a bug where renaming a unit in the unit editor only supported names up to 6 letters long (The recruit screen supported 12, but I made them both the same and upped it to 14).
Fixed a bug where defeated garrison members with Eternal or Lucky survival would automatically get added to the defending army after the battle if the army/village survived, instead of remaining in the garrison. They still should get relocated the same as before if the defending force is defeated.
Fixed a related bug that could cause armies to occasionally exceed their maximum size with the right combination of circumstances.
Fixed a bug where the Avian leaders weren't defaulting to the Avian leader outfit.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V30D

Postby Njux » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:45 pm

64 bit version download is bugged for some reason
Njux
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:37 am

Njux wrote:64 bit version download is bugged for some reason

Bugged how? I use that version as well. And it seems to be working for me.

Also... it seems that the rebirth just swaps the unit's side, which includes allies that were digested as well(for whatever reason >.> ), becoming enemies if reborn.

ALSO FUCKING ALSO! I tried to finish off a wolf town that only had 15 left, but had 3 fairies, and I was going to selectively devour the wolves to make it pure fairy, but for some reason, after devouring the wolves(and ending back at the OG devour screen, after backing out), getting confused at the numbering, and double checking...
THE FAIRIES ARE GONE AND THERE ARE TWO WOLVES LEFT!
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:28 pm

Njux wrote:64 bit version download is bugged for some reason

I tested it and it seemed to download correctly for me, but now there's a new version anyway.

Turbotowns wrote:Also... it seems that the rebirth just swaps the unit's side, which includes allies that were digested as well(for whatever reason ), becoming enemies if reborn.

Ah, fixed that, was something I didn't think about.

Turbotowns wrote:ALSO FUCKING ALSO! I tried to finish off a wolf town that only had 15 left, but had 3 fairies, and I was going to selectively devour the wolves to make it pure fairy, but for some reason, after devouring the wolves(and ending back at the OG devour screen, after backing out), getting confused at the numbering, and double checking...
THE FAIRIES ARE GONE AND THERE ARE TWO WOLVES LEFT!

Looks like that was a bug with the devour all bit, but now it's fixed so it should behave as expected.

30E released, with a few more bug fixes.

30E:
Devouring all of the population of a type should now correctly remove hireables of that type. There may still be times where you'd think a hireable would be eliminated but stay, but this is me erroring on the side of caution, rather than deleting all mercs that aren't represented (which can happen when you temporarily overpopulate a village and leave the population there and the population falls back to the maximum). So, in that case, those hireables should still stick around.
Fixed a bug where friendly units that were digested with the conversion traits would end up changing sides instead of simply staying the side they were already on.
Fixed some glitchiness with the selective devour functions. Devouring all of a race would exit the devour function entirely, and also did not work properly (it was devouring randomly instead of devouring the race due to a missing argument.)
Fixed a bug that could occasionally cause the garrison to return less units than expected if there were a lot of different races in the village (and a high garrison cap)
Fixed a bug where garrisons could end up creating population for defense when there were many weapons around
Fixed a bug where status effects didn't automatically remove themselves after a battle. Was rarely ever seen because status effects generally didn't last long enough for it to be noticeable, but Blade Dance brought attention to this bug as a status effect that didn't wear off on its own.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V30E

Postby peteian » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:10 pm

"The battle is done why are you still dancing?"
Unit with blade dance: I CAN'T STOP THIS FEELING
DEEP INSIDE OF ME
Unit inside of them: pls halp
peteian
---

Re: Vore War V30E

Postby LostSoul13 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:53 pm

Would it be possible to add the option to give units innate spells in the unit editor?
LostSoul13
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game