Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V11D

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:45 pm

Yeah I have noticed I can vore my own units but... they never get digested by my own units.

In fact I noticed that a character can only vore ONE of their own surrendered army.
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby GreenSlime » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:43 am

Just dropping in to say that despite all the evidence to the contrary i'm still not dead and OwO what's this?

Spoiler: show
furry.png
furry.png (3.13 KiB) Viewed 1243 times
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:21 am

Oh my. o3o We're gonna have furries now~!
we already had scalies and now we're gonna have furry friends!
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby GreenSlime » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:04 am

It's more than that - it's a complete overhaul of standard character sprite, with other races coming after that. Furry/non-furry shall be the option for all standard empires, so you could have nonfurry cats fighting furry wolves, etc.

Harpies/scylla/others will too get cleanup and some rework. I'll try to keep as close as possible to the original versions.
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:09 am

Ryan-Drakel wrote:Yeah I have noticed I can vore my own units but... they never get digested by my own units.

In fact I noticed that a character can only vore ONE of their own surrendered army.

Do you have regurgitate friendlies on? Is the stomach stat of your units over 20?
Turbotowns
???

Postby Ger-Fox » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:17 am

i have it on. so them should get out after the enemy pred die before my own unit inside the enemys belly digest? i mean my own unit eat somebody who have inside one of mine. the one die/absorb mode. the unit of mine still is inside my units belly with the absorb mode enemy. why it get not out most of time? and also why the AI not devour corpses? i do auto fight most time and them rare eat in end of battle the corpses. i did believe this one mode would let them do it ?
Ger-Fox
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:45 am

Ger-Fox wrote:i have it on. so them should get out after the enemy pred die before my own unit inside the enemys belly digest? i mean my own unit eat somebody who have inside one of mine. the one die/absorb mode. the unit of mine still is inside my units belly with the absorb mode enemy. why it get not out most of time? and also why the AI not devour corpses? i do auto fight most time and them rare eat in end of battle the corpses. i did believe this one mode would let them do it ?

First off, the AI aren't(yet) programed to visibly eat the corpses DURING a fight(they do after the fight though).

And 2ed... erm... could you... someone... translate that first part? Sorry, I'm having trouble discerning what your getting at with the first few sentences(die/absorb mode?). ^^;
Turbotowns
???

Postby Ger-Fox » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:52 am

yes yes you all time have xD

i explain in a better way : 2 unit from me. 1 unit from enemy. unit 1 get eaten from unit 1 from enemy. then my 2 unit eat the enemy unit. after enemy unit is digest / in the absorb mode.....i would like to have my unit who was before in the stomach of the enemy unit get out of my own unit. so she survive. problem is most of time my other unit digest as well this one. whats a problem for me and a bit odd

btw can somebody explain why ai hero all time have bows? its a bit annoing^^
Ger-Fox
Participator

Postby SubZero156 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:27 am

Ger-Fox wrote:yes yes you all time have xD

i explain in a better way : 2 unit from me. 1 unit from enemy. unit 1 get eaten from unit 1 from enemy. then my 2 unit eat the enemy unit. after enemy unit is digest / in the absorb mode.....i would like to have my unit who was before in the stomach of the enemy unit get out of my own unit. so she survive. problem is most of time my other unit digest as well this one. whats a problem for me and a bit odd

btw can somebody explain why ai hero all time have bows? its a bit annoing^^

something about the ai have better stats for a bow or you are very unlucky
SubZero156
Participator

Postby Ger-Fox » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:02 am

its like this : i start a game. then i place a town close to enemy. and attack them with 1 unit. all time i see them start with a bow. no matter how much restarts

the stats are all time same. even by mine. all leaders have 1 to 1 str and dex. but sametime mine too and mine get 100% meele and all ai just bow. its odd. very odd to be honest. normal unit have at last different stats but leaders all time same. still the ai not starts with different weapon xD
Ger-Fox
Participator

Postby GreenSlime » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:10 am

In the meantime here are new and improved (?) town sprites for all races except for Imps (as they have one already though i may redo it too) and crypters/humans (too new). Colorable flags are white on all sprites except foxes (as they have white town, so their flag is hot pink).

Oh, and gold mine. With inner outlines and without. Not sure which looks better.
Attachments
Cattown.png
Cattown.png (1.38 KiB) Viewed 1150 times
Dogtown.png
Dogtown.png (1.17 KiB) Viewed 1150 times
Foxtown.png
Foxtown.png (1.31 KiB) Viewed 1150 times
harpytown.png
harpytown.png (1.07 KiB) Viewed 1150 times
Wolftown.png
Wolftown.png (987 Bytes) Viewed 1150 times
Slimetown.png
Slimetown.png (1.75 KiB) Viewed 1150 times
Buntown.png
Buntown.png (1.5 KiB) Viewed 1150 times
Liztown.png
Liztown.png (1.25 KiB) Viewed 1150 times
scyllatown.png
scyllatown.png (1.48 KiB) Viewed 1150 times
goldmine single outline.png
goldmine single outline.png (931 Bytes) Viewed 1150 times
goldmine.png
goldmine.png (874 Bytes) Viewed 1151 times
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:12 am

Turbotowns wrote:
Ryan-Drakel wrote:Yeah I have noticed I can vore my own units but... they never get digested by my own units.

Do you have regurgitate friendlies on? Is the stomach stat of your units over 20?

Yes and yes, unfortunately I do not know how to regurgitate friendlies. It was never covered in the tutorial.
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby SubZero156 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:45 am

GreenSlime wrote:In the meantime here are new and improved (?) town sprites for all races except for Imps (as they have one already though i may redo it too) and crypters/humans (too new). Colorable flags are white on all sprites except foxes (as they have white town, so their flag is hot pink).

Oh, and gold mine. With inner outlines and without. Not sure which looks better.

NICE work slime
SubZero156
Participator

Postby RichardDix » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:44 pm

GreenSlime wrote:In the meantime here are new and improved (?) town sprites for all races except for Imps (as they have one already though i may redo it too) and crypters/humans (too new). Colorable flags are white on all sprites except foxes (as they have white town, so their flag is hot pink).

How the hell are you so good at making sprites!? Keep up the good work!
RichardDix
Somewhat familiar

Postby RichardDix » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:41 pm

I'm taking back what I said about the eyes. Just realized that they looked strange, because when the game updated it slapped a single eye type on every unit. Explains why I thought all of the units looked the same, but concerning eye coloring, I still think that some of the darker colors are hard to tell apart.
RichardDix
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:51 pm

DAMN! Nice!
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:55 pm

The units SHOULD be regurgitated automatically like it used to... Yo Aurilika! Been on recently? Oh yeah, didn't they say something about visitors?
Turbotowns
???

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:32 pm

I think what Ger-Fox may be confused about is this:

A friendly unit can not be coughed up until their predator is completely digested into nothing. then they pop out. the problem is that the process of absorption generally takes so long that your friendly prey unit will die inside the first predator while the second is still digesting and absorbing them, so only rather high HP units can survive, unless the outermost pred is a very high level and can digest and absorb the lower level pred in just a couple turns.

Also, YAY FURRIFICATION.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:38 pm

Turbotowns wrote:I hope I'm not being too unreasonable with the Slime Queen. ^^;

Nah, I was just tired, besides, the changes I make to accommodate them makes other complicated sprites easier.

Jazzumness wrote:Something I noticed is that if a race that can vore like wolves takes over and recruits a race that is made unable to vore such as bunnies will then be able to vore when controlled by an army that can
Edit: could it also be possible to have the army name at the top left change as each army takes its turn?
Edit 2: a way to adjust how much income a village generates would be cool too

I'll address all three of these issues. By army name I assume you mean empire name.

Anesthetic wrote:Stuff like "Hard March", where you could say burn army health, to make them move further a turn. "Defensive line", where your army could spread out in a 1x3 line to impede an enemy from getting past you, but were you to be attacked by them all your units would be available. and other such abilites to be used in the over world.

Yeah, I plan to add something along those lines. Defensive line would be tricky to teach the AI how to use though.

Turbotowns wrote:What does the "Complete" victory condition mean?

It shows up correctly on 16:9, but I guess it gets messed up on other resolutions, it's complete eradication, I'll fix it so it has a little more space to display properly.

Anesthetic wrote:Can I set Bunny AI to agressive, if I already made my game world? Also it would be Greaaaaaaat if there were a way to port Characters from Version to Version.

Not yet, but that is planned for the near term future. As for version to version, do you mean map to map? Because they should already work fine between game versions.
Turbotowns wrote:The breast covering for my slime queen came back after a while in a fight(I had it bare since the hair goes OVER the breasts but UNDER the clothes, and that looks weird). And I can't change the color of the crypter leader's outfit. And as a temporary fix for some outfits(like the slave one), you can have the boobs and top clothing piece be on a higher layer than the bottom stuff, and put bellies between them.

Part of the issue is that I don't think I use give her a separate breast sprite because the model came with it, but I'll address that when I fix her.
GreenSlime wrote:Just dropping in to say that despite all the evidence to the contrary i'm still not dead and OwO what's this?

Looks great!
Ger-Fox wrote:i have it on. so them should get out after the enemy pred die before my own unit inside the enemys belly digest? i mean my own unit eat somebody who have inside one of mine. the one die/absorb mode. the unit of mine still is inside my units belly with the absorb mode enemy. why it get not out most of time? and also why the AI not devour corpses? i do auto fight most time and them rare eat in end of battle the corpses. i did believe this one mode would let them do it ?

If auto-regurgitate is on, they will auto regurgitate friendly units, but it only applies if a friendly unit is directly in the stomach of another friendly unit, if there's an enemy unit in the middle, it doesn't happen. It also takes a turn or two after the enemy unit is digested before the friendly unit breaks free and makes it into the friendly stomach. I haven't programmed AI to eat corpses yet, but if that setting is on, they will automatically eat all remaining corpses after the battle.
Ger-Fox wrote:its like this : i start a game. then i place a town close to enemy. and attack them with 1 unit. all time i see them start with a bow. no matter how much restarts
the stats are all time same. even by mine. all leaders have 1 to 1 str and dex. but sametime mine too and mine get 100% meele and all ai just bow. its odd. very odd to be honest. normal unit have at last different stats but leaders all time same. still the ai not starts with different weapon xD

Right now the leader units only use bows when controlled by the AI because I figured that would help them survive better and not just end up dying repeatedly.
GreenSlime wrote:In the meantime here are new and improved (?) town sprites for all races except for Imps(as they have one already though i may redo it too) and crypters/humans (too new). Colorable flags are white on all sprites except foxes (as they have white town, so their flag is hot pink).

They look great. I'm not sure how well those flags would show up unless you're zoomed in, but I can play around with them to find what works well.
RichardDix wrote:I'm taking back what I said about the eyes. Just realized that they looked strange, because when the game updated it slapped a single eye type on every unit. Explains why I thought all of the units looked the same, but concerning eye coloring, I still think that some of the darker colors are hard to tell apart.

Usually I try to have it re-randomize when I add a new category, but I guess I forgot in that case.
Turbotowns wrote:Yo Aurilika! Been on recently? Oh yeah, didn't they say something about visitors?

Yeah, they're leaving tomorrow, and the little break was nice, so I'm refreshed and ready to launch back into development.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:20 pm

Aurilika wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:The breast covering for my slime queen came back after a while in a fight(I had it bare since the hair goes OVER the breasts but UNDER the clothes, and that looks weird). And I can't change the color of the crypter leader's outfit. And as a temporary fix for some outfits(like the slave one), you can have the boobs and top clothing piece be on a higher layer than the bottom stuff, and put bellies between them.

Part of the issue is that I don't think I use give her a separate breast sprite because the model came with it, but I'll address that when I fix her.

Oh... right. XD I forgot about that. the breasts aren't on their own layer. ^^;
Turbotowns
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game