Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V22A

Postby GreenSlime » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:47 pm

Kobolds are not the main playable race, they're mercenaries and, when dragons will be added, part of dragon armies. However you can hire them at the mercenary camp and then repopulate a vacated town with them.
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:53 pm

Suggestion for the dragon race,
Trait: greedy (name can be changed), unit does not bother trying to regurgitate friendly units.

Being that dragon’s are typically represented as selfish and cruel. Though I’m not sure if friendly units have a bonus for escape chance in friendly guts or not if friend regurgitation is turned off. But it sure seems they escape easily.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GreenSlime » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:18 pm

As I envision it, dragons can straight-up snatch their own underlings to restore health. So it'll probably be a trait that allows them to always eat friendlies as if they surrendered (maybe prioritizing low-health "allies")
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:51 pm

I guess that might work, but only if say there’s no better option like a low health enemy. It would need to be an rng roll like normal unwilling vore, and ai armies using hired dragons would probably need some adjustment so they don’t commit sepukku with their own units. Players obviously can deal with it by manual control to keep their dergs in check.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DisguisedQQ » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:21 pm

I think you could partially balance crazybuildings by splitting them into tiers which you can choose at game creation, it'll give some spice to
mechanic without ruining balance too much. Like, tier 1 up to 2500g, tier 2 up to 5000g, tier 3 up to 10000g and etc.
AI in mid-late and late game on global map act kinda weird (played on basic), instead of avoiding stronger forces they all going kamikaze,
reminding of legacy AI... I wonder if that's a bug or not?
Also, switcher for options that would let your garrisons to automaticly repel enemies weak enough to take them without casualties would be sweet.
Option to watch AI battles could use some enhacement, for example i'd like to watch battles that involved specific factions while don't care
about others (including neutrals and wildlings)...
PS. Sorry, can't stop bothering ppl. :P
DisguisedQQ
Been posting for a bit

Re: Vore War V22

Postby Aurilika » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:37 pm

DisguisedQQ wrote:Many things

some of them I think you can close with spacebar or enter, but I'll look into making that more universal.
The default auto-leveling is based on weapon (with points going to either strength or dex by weapon) and can be considered "good enough" in most cases.
I had assumed most units would be weapon/casters, but that's a good point about units with only books should cast every turn.
I'll check into buffing priorities.
Green has suggested perhaps a unified command window that's 3x5 with each slot having a designated hotkey, so the keys are by position instead of by ability, which I may go with.
There is some revamping of the way escape works planned, as well as lowering the power of stomach for speed.
Digestions is units killed by digestion, corpses are already dead (Although in quickly checking this out I noticed that corpses auto-consumed after the battle did count as digestions, so I adjusted that so that it behaves the same way)
Some form of accessory scaling is probably a good idea.
Destroying towns will likely be possible at some point (though it makes the most sense to have a mechanic to slowly create towns at the same time)
Strength and dex are used to help escape (though I apparently don't say that anywhere in game), though will is a more significant part.
Turbotowns wrote:An exception keeps popping up when I try to load a specific map in the editor...

I tried to fix that for 22A, but if it's still broken, send me the map and I'll make sure to fix it.
FinalWolfZX wrote:Those ones in particular stood out the most. They were part of the random messages during the digestion phase. Although I'm not sure if there was a reason they were put in with those potential messages, I kind of think that they would be better used for when digestion ends. It's just my thought on the matter, though. I'll still be checking back for new patches for this game on the regular either way!

That was merely an oversight, I moved both of those messages to the actual digestion for V22A.
GramzonTheDragon wrote:I'd appreciate it if messages didn't have the predator masturbating, noted with a message about selicia sticking her tail in her slit after eating an asura.

I will at a minimum get lewdness in there as a toggle as part of the ongoing tactical work.
Fixed the group message for 22A so it only happens if there are other alive, free, units.
I did also change the first time messages in 22A to be a % of the time, and not trigger in pure tactical, or for units above level 10, though I only did that for digestion messages and not swallows, I'll correctly finish that for the next patch.
I did have temporary stats in based on my guestimations, but GreenSlime gave me proper numbers that made it into 22A.
Panth wrote:Okay, enough with the puns. I was wondering if there were any plans to let us edit the race traits in the future? There's so many interesting traits available, it seems a pity to do with just two per race.

Eventually I plan to have something along these lines, but not sure when it will make it in, exactly.
Turbotowns wrote:Replaceable?(I saw a comment about it being a trait, but it wasn't listed in the changelog.)

It's a Kobold trait.
Turbotowns wrote:Also, does Eternal trigger even if the unit is digested?

It should, though I don't remember how thoroughly I tested it.
Also, your detailed description should help me fix that issue.
DisguisedQQ wrote:PS. Also i feel really jelly since AI can end turn with flying units anywhere and i can't... ;_;

They shouldn't be able to, but I've had a long history with fixing this bug in various ways.
dddddd2 wrote:A little report: Currently there seems to be no way to disable spell damage logs in the tactical log
Also it'd be great if it can remember the options(Show Odds/Show Heals etc.) so we don't have to set it every time

Okay, I'll address both of these. As for damage though, there's no way to turn off regular damage either (though I guess a pyre would generate a lot of minor damage messages. )
GramzonTheDragon wrote:Suggestion for the dragon race,
Trait: greedy (name can be changed), unit does not bother trying to regurgitate friendly units.

Being that dragon’s are typically represented as selfish and cruel. Though I’m not sure if friendly units have a bonus for escape chance in friendly guts or not if friend regurgitation is turned off. But it sure seems they escape easily.

Not sure how dragons will shake out but I'll go ahead and throw that trait in for general use.
DisguisedQQ wrote:I think you could partially balance crazybuildings by splitting them into tiers which you can choose at game creation, it'll give some spice to
mechanic without ruining balance too much. Like, tier 1 up to 2500g, tier 2 up to 5000g, tier 3 up to 10000g and etc.
AI in mid-late and late game on global map act kinda weird (played on basic), instead of avoiding stronger forces they all going kamikaze,
reminding of legacy AI... I wonder if that's a bug or not?
Also, switcher for options that would let your garrisons to automaticly repel enemies weak enough to take them without casualties would be sweet.
Option to watch AI battles could use some enhacement, for example i'd like to watch battles that involved specific factions while don't care
about others (including neutrals and wildlings)...

Well, at one point Annoynimouse said they were going to do some other work on them, but that plan may have changed.
Well, they have a threshold where they will engage up to a certain strength beyond their army (though they will challenge towns a far bit beyond that). It's a compromise between keeping them from being too suicidal, and having them just sit around doing nothing.
You can just use the skip rest of battle button if you think your garrison can handle it, but there's no way to know whether your units can handle it without actually handling it (So far all skipped battles use exactly the same rules/mechanics as watched battles)
Well, there is an option to allow you to chose for each battle individually whether you want to watch it. (The bottom option for the skip/watch dropdown, 'ask each time with battle preview')
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby InconspicuousDragon » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:14 pm

Aurilika wrote:
DisguisedQQ wrote:Many things

Strength and dex are used to help escape (though I apparently don't say that anywhere in game), though will is a more significant part.

Actually it is in game, under the Help Screens - Vore section it says "Units can fight their way out of a stomach, this is a random chance that depends on the relative health between the two targets, the predators stomach stat, and the prey's strength, dexterity and will. The first few turns after being eaten, the prey's chance of escape is reduced while they get their bearings."

If I recall correctly though that isn't mentioned during the tutorial, so it might be a good thing to place there as well?
InconspicuousDragon
New to the forum

Postby Aurilika » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:49 pm

InconspicuousDragon wrote:If I recall correctly though that isn't mentioned during the tutorial, so it might be a good thing to place there as well?

Hmm, well, I'll probably either do that, or get it into the tooltips.

V22B released.

Figured I might as well release this one before I go to sleep, nothing too groundbreaking, just some quality of life stuff and miscellaneous improvements, and fixed an exception that was more an annoyance than a detriment in the add races screen. Also, I forgot to include this in the patch notes proper, but having an army on a village that's empty will automatically bump the population to 2, instead of 1, so that it will grow on its own. (this is mainly for the AI's sake).

V22B:
The chat log settings (they show up in the maximized chat log) are now saved (like options, not on a per-game basis). Also stuck a spells toggle in there.
Added the greedy trait, where the unit will avoid giving up prey at all costs (will not auto regurgitate friendlies regardless of settings, and the regurgitate command is disabled)
Added an option to prevent all armies from moving during the first turn of the game. (set in the initial game settings) Designed to allow all sides to get garrisons or defensive armies if playing on a crowded map or with a higher movement speed.
Updated AI logic for spells, they can now properly cast resurrection, also they don't cast buffs on units that already have them, and prioritize casting buffs on higher level units. AI will now always try to cast spells if they don't have a weapon.
Fixed the bellies in the tactical info preview window not resetting for the unit properly.
Fixed up some more tactical log typos.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V22B

Postby xmarkx » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:42 am

I've noticed that while there's detailed tactical log lines for oral vore and oral vore digestion, there aren't many detailed ones for CV.
xmarkx
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:28 am

Does having a cheat trait(Like LightningSpeed) draw aggro? Cause the enemy REALLY seems to want to kill Amber...
Turbotowns
???

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:15 pm

Turbotowns wrote:Does having a cheat trait(Like LightningSpeed) draw aggro? Cause the enemy REALLY seems to want to kill Amber...

Being faster and killing/eating along the way into enemy lines draws more aggro than sitting back. ai likes to target nearby units over distant ones, and often go for already injured ones to try finishing them off. so if your unit gets ahead of the army it may draw a lot of damage its way, and then keep getting prioritized as it is weakened. I'm not sure if higher level units are higher priority or not though.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:33 pm

GramzonTheDragon wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:Does having a cheat trait(Like LightningSpeed) draw aggro? Cause the enemy REALLY seems to want to kill Amber...

Being faster and killing/eating along the way into enemy lines draws more aggro than sitting back. ai likes to target nearby units over distant ones, and often go for already injured ones to try finishing them off. so if your unit gets ahead of the army it may draw a lot of damage its way, and then keep getting prioritized as it is weakened. I'm not sure if higher level units are higher priority or not though.

That's the thing, When I attacked a city controlled by feral wolves, Amber enlarged a few of my units and ended her turn still OUTSIDE the city walls, while most of the army was INSIDE with the wolves, yet SEVERAL all attacked Amber, even when using other units to protect her, they went back into the city to attack someone else(Except one that got around the pond)(NOT even the units that made a wall), so they are clearly prioritizing certain units(Weirdly enough the Special Mercenaries didn't even get priority as Selicia was the final enlarged unit(who then enlarged Amber), and she was completely ignored).

I should mention that Amber hadn't killed/eaten ANYONE yet.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Phorcyz19 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:50 pm

Is there any change of weight gain being implemented for the succubi in the future?
Phorcyz19
Participator

Postby Marpatt » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:29 pm

One weird text one I have encountered (less grammar error, more a little immersion breaking)

"Character urrps, their pussy tightening around Character" For obvious reasons, it doesn't make too much sense
Other than that, though, the game has really been great, and a ton of fun. Keep it up :-D
EDIT: actually, now that I think about it for a second, sometimes rocks will spawn inside of villages, but thats the only thing that comes to mind :silly:
Last edited by Marpatt on Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marpatt
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:29 pm

Phorcyz19 wrote:Is there any change of weight gain being implemented for the succubi in the future?

Oh god, I hope so! Chubby Succubi are not NEARLY represented enough... ANYWHERE(Which is weird considering how many people love fat chicks(myself included))!

Also! Really hope the village levels issue gets cleared up soon, if I hadn't dismissed some of my strong units for a village's garrison, I would've lost it to some feral wolves... Again...
Turbotowns
???

Postby DisguisedQQ » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:54 am

Books doesn't recognised as a weapon when you dismissing unit, so they not joining garrison battles.
When choosing custom autoleveling *1* for one unit, you can't choose the same custom *1* again for next unit, and have to switch to another custom *2* to be able to choose previous one *1*.
When typing new name for kingdom, buttons doesn't get blocked on global map, so you can hit movement button and send your army to random location
upon hitting "rename" button.
When assaulting forces retreating from ballte, they could be allowed to choose whenever they want to just stay on global map or went full retreat
to nearest town. Ofc, no such thing for defenders. :P
Also, option to sell loot without equipping it would be sweet.
Possibility to skip turn for specific units, so AI won't use them this turn.

PS. I hope that someone will bring fairies into game... :3
DisguisedQQ
Been posting for a bit

Postby Etherthedrake » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:12 pm

I was wondering if a cheat trait could be added which allowed a unit to vore friendly ones and even heal them at about 1/4 its' digestion rate. Although it's highly unlikely that it will be added, i'll leave this suggestion here, just in case.
Etherthedrake
Somewhat familiar

Postby GreenSlime » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:56 pm

I was wondering if a cheat trait could be added which allowed a unit to vore friendly ones and even heal them at about 1/4 its' digestion rate. Although it's highly unlikely that it will be added, i'll leave this suggestion here, just in case.

You can surrender with one unit and then make another unit eat them.
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:12 pm

DisguisedQQ wrote:PS. I hope that someone will bring fairies into game... :3

Another great choice!
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:05 am

It does not, the main factors they are concerned with for normal attacks are can they reach it in one turn? If so, they sort based on the expected number of attacks to kill. I.e. if they have 50% chance to hit a unit and they do 4 damage and it has 8 health, that's an expected attacks to kill of 4.

Marpatt wrote:One weird text one I have encountered (less grammar error, more a little immersion breaking)

I'm in the middle of a bit of a revamp for better sorting the combat messages to reduce ones that feel odd. That will likely be done for the next major patch.

Turbotowns wrote:Also! Really hope the village levels issue gets cleared up soon, if I hadn't dismissed some of my strong units for a village's garrison, I would've lost it to some feral wolves... Again...

I thought I had already fixed that. I can't ever get it to happen. If you can get it to happen reliably in 22C send me a saved game and I'll kill it for good.

DisguisedQQ wrote:Books doesn't recognised as a weapon when you dismissing unit, so they not joining garrison battles.
When choosing custom autoleveling *1* for one unit, you can't choose the same custom *1* again for next unit, and have to switch to another custom *2* to be able to choose previous one *1*.
When typing new name for kingdom, buttons doesn't get blocked on global map, so you can hit movement button and send your army to random location
upon hitting "rename" button.
When assaulting forces retreating from ballte, they could be allowed to choose whenever they want to just stay on global map or went full retreat
to nearest town. Ofc, no such thing for defenders. :P
Also, option to sell loot without equipping it would be sweet.
Possibility to skip turn for specific units, so AI won't use them this turn.

PS. I hope that someone will bring fairies into game... :3

Okay, books now are considered weapons (at least for that check). Fixed the bug with the custom level dropdown. Made the naming thing block keys and pause action. Some of those other things may show up in a later patch.

Etherthedrake wrote:I was wondering if a cheat trait could be added which allowed a unit to vore friendly ones and even heal them at about 1/4 its' digestion rate. Although it's highly unlikely that it will be added, i'll leave this suggestion here, just in case.

You can already eat them but not heal them, though that is likely to come in some form eventually.

22C Released:

Fixed up a few bugs, and Added a new monster race, the frogs, by Egg. They may end up changing around a little bit graphics wise. There's a bunch of things going on in the next few days so I'll be quiet for a while, and then either start on another bug fixing patch, or possibly launch into working on the next major version depending on how things look.

V22C:
Frog race added (contains a few unique traits). I didn't think about their strategic icon until last second, so it's just a scaled down version of their sprite.
Added an option for weight loss over time to counteract weight gain
Hovering over a status effect applied by a spell now turns you the number of remaining turns on that effect
Units that only have books equipped (and no weapons) are now considered valid units to choose as defenders.
Cats and Dogs now have more village names and start off with different ones.
Continued making log changes (There's still a bunch of pending changes I didn't manage to get to)
Fixed a bug where the monster empires would default to 100% scaling in the content window instead of 40% scaling as intended. (This popped up somewhere along the line without me noticing) The default settings should revert to 40% (this is a one time occurance so you can change it back to whatever you wish), but any currently active games will stay at whatever they were at before.
Having the empire rename window up now pauses the action and also prevents you from hitting any hotkeys that affect the game.
The frozen armies setting now works correctly even if the AI has enough money to buy multiple armies in their first turn.
Fixed a typo in the strategic AI that was causing them to prioritize empty villages, and also not care whether the village was formerly theirs or an ally's (both which were supposed to boost priority)
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game