Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V11D

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:09 am

GreenSlime wrote:"omplementation"

?
Turbotowns
???

Postby GreenSlime » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:51 am

Crap. Fixed.

Anyway, I was thinking about tags and came up with a few (with an addition of some already discussed in this thread):

-Flying. Pretty obvious. If army only has flying units, it can pass above obstacles. However, at the end of turn flying army must land on passable square.
-Swimming. Pretty obvious. If army only has units with swimming it can pass through and stop in water. However, as a tradeoff, they're slower on land (either -1 with default movement or cut movement to 75% if variable movement speed gets implemented)
-Mountaineer. This one works even if only one unit in your army knows it. Mountaineer lets you move through the mountains at sharply (1 or 25%) reduced speed.
-Woodsman. Same as mountaineer, it works even if there's only one unit with Woodsman in your army. You can pass through forests at normal speed.
-Double strike. If this unit has more than 1 MP and uses attack or vore, instead of setting MP to 0, their MP gets reduced to 1, allowing them to use a second action or to move 1 square. Note that it doesn't work if unit already has 1 mp (for example from moving).
-Thrash. A once-per-turn ability that lets unit can attack everyone around them with reduced accuracy using melee weapon damage.
-Explosion. A once-per-turn ability (or a default attack for theorethical magic weapons or explosives) that hits all units in 3x3 square for reduced ranged damage.
-Jump. A once-per-turn ability costing 3MP that lets you move up to 5 squares unimpeded by terrain or other units.
-Regeneration. Unit regenerates health even if there's nothing in its belly. Handy.
-Decay. Unit loses health every turn. Definitely not handy.
-Draw in. This one is important for some monsters i'm thinking on and it also could be special property of whip/lasso weapon. Unit with this tag has a chance to draw opponents to itself with a ranged attack if there is free space around.
-Pack. If there are other units of the same race around them, the unit gains bonus to Strength, Dexterity, Voracity and Will.
-Strategist. Unit has a leadership stat.
-Messy eater. Reduced chance to vore someone, but target is definitely not coming back from this, not in one piece.Always kills enemy during vore and skips digestion phase straight to absorption. Should be toggleable for people who don't like hard vore.
-Trapper. Be it a slime hurling pieces of itself, or your friendly neighborhood spider-girl webbing you up, the mechanism is the same - unit with this can throw a projectile that renders target unable to act until they free themselves.
-Soft. Weapons deal reduced damage, but unit with this is easier to vore.
-Damage reflection. When attacked in melee, this unit reflects 25% of damage back to the opponent.
-Nasty. Instead of recovering health, enemy that have eaten and digested this unit loses it.
-Hazardous. Like nasty but starts the moment unit is eaten.
-Iron stomach. Recovers more health from digestion and can digest Nasty units like normal ones.
-Brilliant. Unit gains more experience.
-Summoning [unit name] (remaining uses). Another tag that introduces mechanic i like to see on certain units (monster and humanoid). Unit can summon a certain limited number (will/10) of allies in combat, one per turn.
-Reformation. Related to previous tag and made pretty much for Queen Bee monster and similar units. By devouring/unbirthing others, this unit can increase the number of Summoning uses for that combat.
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:59 am

GreenSlime wrote:Crap. Fixed.

Anyway, I was thinking about tags and came up with a few (with an addition of some already discussed in this thread):

-Flying. Pretty obvious. If army only has flying units, it can pass above obstacles. However, at the end of turn flying army must land on passable square.
-Swimming. Pretty obvious. If army only has units with swimming it can pass through and stop in water. However, as a tradeoff, they're slower on land (either -1 with default movement or cut movement to 75% if variable movement speed gets implemented)
-Mountaineer. This one works even if only one unit in your army knows it. Mountaineer lets you move through the mountains at sharply (1 or 25%) reduced speed.
-Woodsman. Same as mountaineer, it works even if there's only one unit with Woodsman in your army. You can pass through forests at normal speed.
-Double strike. If this unit has more than 1 MP and uses attack or vore, instead of setting MP to 0, their MP gets reduced to 1, allowing them to use a second action or to move 1 square. Note that it doesn't work if unit already has 1 mp (for example from moving).
-Thrash. A once-per-turn ability that lets unit can attack everyone around them with reduced accuracy using melee weapon damage.
-Explosion. A once-per-turn ability (or a default attack for theorethical magic weapons or explosives) that hits all units in 3x3 square for reduced ranged damage.
-Jump. A once-per-turn ability costing 3MP that lets you move up to 5 squares unimpeded by terrain or other units.
-Regeneration. Unit regenerates health even if there's nothing in its belly. Handy.
-Draw in. This one is important for some monsters i'm thinking on and it also could be special property of whip/lasso weapon. Unit with this tag has a chance to draw opponents to itself with a ranged attack if there is free space around.
-Pack. If there are other units of the same race around them, the unit gains bonus to Strength, Dexterity, Voracity and Will.
-Messy eater. Reduced chance to vore someone, but target is definitely not coming back from this, not in one piece.Always kills enemy during vore and skips digestion phase straight to absorption. Should be toggleable for people who don't like hard vore.
-Trapper. Be it a slime hurling pieces of itself, or your friendly neighborhood spider-girl webbing you up, the mechanism is the same - unit with this can throw a projectile that renders target unable to act until they free themselves.
-Damage reflection. When attacked in melee, this unit reflects 25% of damage back to the opponent.
-Nasty. Instead of recovering health, enemy that have eaten and digested this unit loses it.
-Iron stomach. Recovers more health from digestion and can digest Nasty units like normal ones.
-Summoning [unit name] (remaining uses). Another tag that introduces mechanic i like to see on certain units (monster and humanoid). Unit can summon a certain limited number (will/10) of allies in combat, one per turn.
-Reformation. Related to previous tag and made pretty much for Queen Bee monster and similar units. By devouring/unbirthing others, this unit can increase the number of Summoning uses for that combat.

Decay? Zombie race confirmed. XD
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:03 am

How does my content settings transfer over? Is there a specific file I need to make sure to transfer(I won't be transferring the game saves as they aren't compatible anyway.)?
Turbotowns
???

Postby SquishySofty » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:07 pm

GreenSlime wrote:Crap. Fixed.

You know, that reminds me of "Unit Perks". :-D

GreenSlime wrote:-Messy eater. Reduced chance to vore someone, but target is definitely not coming back from this, not in one piece.Always kills enemy during vore and skips digestion phase straight to absorption. Should be toggleable for people who don't like hard vore.

Wait, that's a game balance issue, since that devour move is a one hit kill. (Ex: A unit with major high Voracity Stat) 8O
Not feeling so well, don't expect much of me...
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GreenSlime » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:19 pm

Wait, that's a game balance issue, since that devour move is a one hit kill. (Ex: A unit with major high Voracity Stat)

Yeah, Messy eater should probably be monster-only and exceedingly rare (and counterbalanced by generally lower stats on that unit).
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Aurilika » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:36 pm

GreenSlime wrote:Really excited for vagrants and general monster implementation, great work, Aurilika! But with the implementation of monsters and neutral armies I feel like tactical battle is starting to fall behind. What if, while keeping old tactical screen (choose race, choose another race, go) there would be "advanced tactical battle" screen that looks like town recruitment screen that lets you pick a team out of units of every race (monsters too)? It will make it possible to manually customize units for tactical too.

I knew I wanted to improve it but wasn't sure of the best way, but that's a good idea to partially reuse the village screen with extra options added in.

GreenSlime wrote:Anyway, I was thinking about tags and came up with a few (with an addition of some already discussed in this thread):
...Soft. Weapons deal reduced damage, but unit with this is easier to vore...

Looks like a pretty good list of tags to supplement ones that I come up with. It's funny, as those two properties of soft have been in my mind for quite a while for the slimes, even when I was thinking about the previous system ("Slimes have the power of slime, physical damage is cut in half, but units are more susceptible to vore and move slower?")

Turbotowns wrote:How does my content settings transfer over? Is there a specific file I need to make sure to transfer(I won't be transferring the game saves as they aren't compatible anyway.)?

The saved content settings and the options settings are currently stored using unity's playerPrefs system, which on windows stores them in the registry. It stores them somewhere else on mac, though.

SilhouettiShine wrote:Wait, that's a game balance issue, since that devour move is a one hit kill. (Ex: A unit with major high Voracity Stat)

Well, he did say it lowers the chance to vore. If I implemented it, it would probably be a larger penalty, and then also make it only usable on targets under 15% or 20% health.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Grapefruitfanfic » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:45 pm

I know this may sound like a silly question, but has anyone found a concrete way to build a unit? I know that if they have a higher strength they should have a melee weapon, and dex should have a bow, but besides that, are there any builds you all use for the other stats?
Grapefruitfanfic
Been posting for a bit

Postby SquishySofty » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:51 pm

Aurilika wrote:Well, he did say it lowers the chance to vore. If I implemented it, it would probably be a larger penalty, and then also make it only usable on targets under 15% or 20% health.

I think i see your point. Maybe having the ability to skip the absorption phase under 20% if Non-monster? 8O

Grapefruitfanfic wrote:I know this may sound like a silly question, but has anyone found a concrete way to build a unit? I know that if they have a higher strength they should have a melee weapon, and dex should have a bow, but besides that, are there any builds you all use for the other stats?

I sometimes made a [Voracity + Stomach + Defense] unit mix so they can acknowledge the vore system and possibly dominate all over the map. xD
I do have some units with [Dexterity + Defense + Speed] unit mix with brilliant range, and it's very useful to kill at far range.
[Will + Defense + Health] unit is important if another unit have higher voracity than you or low HP. Or you just want to make a tanky Leader/Unit that's hard to hit.
There's many possibilities you can try it out with the stat function, but i'm pretty sure that other people may have a better solution to this comment.

Although, i don't think there's any weapons for use if you use other than the Strength and Dexterity stat. It's up to you how to utilize the weapons and stats.
Not feeling so well, don't expect much of me...
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:08 pm

Aurilika wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:How does my content settings transfer over? Is there a specific file I need to make sure to transfer(I won't be transferring the game saves as they aren't compatible anyway.)?

The saved content settings and the options settings are currently stored using unity's playerPrefs system, which on windows stores them in the registry. It stores them somewhere else on mac, though.

Registry? Is that somewhere in AppData/Roaming(Or Local)?
Turbotowns
???

Postby Rickter » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:50 pm

I don't know if this is a bug but I can't get it to launch ^^;
Rickter
New to the forum

Postby Aurilika » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:14 pm

Grapefruitfanfic wrote:I know this may sound like a silly question, but has anyone found a concrete way to build a unit? I know that if they have a higher strength they should have a melee weapon, and dex should have a bow, but besides that, are there any builds you all use for the other stats?

I use something similar to this when I play, which is what I've programmed for the AI and auto-level up. The way to read this is it will pick the first thing in the priority list that shows up from the random choices. Basically making sure the unit can survive a few hits, then help it to attack better, then start filling in on the vore stats.
Code: Select all
If Ranged Unit
        {
            if (unit.Health < 25)
                priority = { Stat.Health, Stat.Dexterity, Stat.Defense, Stat.Voracity, Stat.Speed, Stat.Stomach, Stat.Will };
            else if (Stat.Dexterity) < 25
                priority = { Stat.Dexterity, Stat.Voracity, Stat.Health, Stat.Defense, Stat.Speed, Stat.Stomach, Stat.Will };
            else
                priority = { Stat.Dexterity, Stat.Voracity, Stat.Stomach, Stat.Defense, Stat.Health, Stat.Speed, Stat.Will };
        }
If Melee Unit
        {
            if (unit.Health < 25)
                priority = new Stat[] { Stat.Health, Stat.Defense, Stat.Strength, Stat.Voracity, Stat.Speed, Stat.Stomach, Stat.Will };
            else if (Stat.Speed) < 20)
                priority = new Stat[] { Stat.Speed, Stat.Health, Stat.Strength, Stat.Stomach, Stat.Voracity, Stat.Defense, Stat.Will };
            else
                priority = new Stat[] { Stat.Strength, Stat.Voracity, Stat.Stomach, Stat.Health, Stat.Defense, Stat.Speed, Stat.Will };
        }

Turbotowns wrote:Registry? Is that somewhere in AppData/Roaming(Or Local)?

The windows registry https://www.google.com/search?q=windows+registry&oq=windows+registry . It should persist as long as you don't switch to a new computer. Now that I have a bunch of other stuff stored in the directory anyway (maps, names, flags, saves), I may want to swap that out to all be the same.

Rickter wrote:I don't know if this is a bug but I can't get it to launch ^^;

What operating system are you using, and what does it do when you try?
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:28 pm

Oh yeah, Green slime, I wanted to mention that many slime girls have eye's similar to other species(with iris, sclera, and sometimes even pupils) but that they are all one color(usually), the full back eyes that you presented is actually something of a rarity I've found(at least in artwork throughout the internet). Even Suu, the most famous slime girl presently, has irises(the same color as her sclera), though no pupils.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:58 pm

SOON
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:01 pm

Turbotowns wrote:SOON

Yes, I've already added everything I was able to add, gold mines will have to wait. I'm running a quick play-through, and then I'll fix the bugs I've uncovered, and then I'll be ready to upload.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby mudkip01 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:25 pm

My philosophy is for all units short of the leader, Health is best picked when is appears

for melee units my preferred order is Defense > Voracity/Stomach > Speed > Strength (I ignore will)

For ranged units I usually go Dexterity > Speed/Defense > Voracity/Stomach(I ignore Will and Strength)

this usually makes my melee good tanks to sponge damage and regenerate health after eating enemy units and allows the archers to do heavy damage from the rear
mudkip01
Been posting for a bit

Re: Vore War V12

Postby Aurilika » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:32 am

Note: This patch is not compatible with saves before v12, but old maps are still okay.

I got caught up in that playthrough because the Crypters assassinated my leader and I needed revenge. :gulp: Lots of changes in this one, I was trying to get as much done as possible in the patch that breaks save compatibility. We'll see how the garrison change that was voted in is received. I personally like it, because it allows you to hire and forget basically. The small change of adding an arrow effect makes a huge difference when you're watching battles play in fast forward.

As usual, if there's any bugs found I'll fix them tomorrow. There are some regarding edible corpses that I saw in the final play-through but didn't have time to fix (corpses not being target-able, and trying to do a vore attack on a living target and having it target a corpse)
12:
Save games from 11D and before will not load. I took advantage of the new building types and redone garrison format to go ahead and do some larger restructuring, and clear out all of the old compatibility code. I will keep trying to maintain compatibility from this point on again.
Features / Changes:
Garrisons have been redesigned to match the poll from a while back. A town's garrison will now consist of any units in its hirable list, picking highest level units first. If it runs out of units in that list, it will use any stored weapons and add normal villagers to that list to try to get to the maximum garrison size. If there's not enough weapons, units will not be drafted (nobody wants the suicide mission). Units that are created automatically spend their level ups, but hirable units do not automatically spend their level ups. This may change depending on feedback. As part of this redesign, garrison units can now gain experience, and you can hire garrison units into your army if you desire, and garrison units are now persistant, instead of all being randomly generated each time.
Armories no longer exist, as they don't have a purpose with the new garrison system.
Create Strategic screen now lets you easily choose which races you want to add, and shows you a picture of a randomly generated unit for each race.
Can now edit AI / team, color, and some other variables for empires during the middle of a game, accessed through the menu.
Fog of war added as an option. You can see 2 tiles away from any village or army on your team. In between turns it views from the perspective of the last human player to act. You can still watch battles that occur out of your line of sight if you have it set to watch them, this may change depending on player feedback. Right now you can sort of cheat by trying to make long distance moves and it will path around armies, but this would take a decent amount of work to fix correctly, so I'll do that later on if there's a demand for it.
Movement grids have been added to tactical mode, and show up when you're in movement mode (m), they will also show your attack range from the square you're currently hovering over.
Arrows now exist visually. They play their hit sound when they make contact, but the damage still takes effect instantly for gameplay reasons.
Leaders now always have the ability to vore, regardless of their race's setting
Added a faint red spray of particles when a unit is hit, this will probably change based on user feedback, but I made it fairly subtle.
AI will no longer waste their time claiming empty villages, and empty villages are no longer required for victory.
New village sprites for the first 10 empires.
Can now adjust the amount of gold generated by villages.
You can now specify the garrison size for each empire.
Units that don't have a ranged weapon gain a bonus to dodging if they still have mp at the end of their turn.
The minimum attack accuracy is changed from 15% to 20, this also slightly increases accuracy at all skill levels.
Body weight increases now pick randomly between breast size and leg size to increase. To prevent males from gaining weight twice as fast, males have a 50% chance of no change.
Create strategic now has strategic auto-size as well. You can set it to tight, normal or spacious to generate your desired density, and it will size the map based on the number of active villages. You can also turn it off and manually specify the size if you wish.
Now shows the gold and income for any empire that's allied with a human in between turns, and always shows the empire's name for all empires.
Added options for watching AI battles but skipping the stat screen, or for using a timed skip in that case.
Prompts if you're sure if you try to end your tactical turn with units that still have movement points, you can disable this in the options menu.
Added an option to make the colors green and red instead of blue and red for those with certain types of color blindness (though the green blends in with the grass, so it's not perfectly ideal.)
Added an alternate alliance box method to the options menu where it does the color and a dark version of the color, rather than transparency.
Bug Fixes:
Fixed it asking to interrupt a unit's queued orders if the unit had exact enough mp to move to the destination
Devour now works properly for mixed armies of partial predators.
Fixed up the slime queen sprite
Fixed bug where if the AI was trying to flee to the closest town and there was no close town it would sit idle.
Fixed bug that caused the turn order to not work correctly when changed.
Fixed copy clothing type to all units in the army button, so it only copies to units of the same race to prevent issues. I'm leaving in the semi-secret (I discovered it and no one else has mentioned it) side effect of being able to copy leader clothing to the rest of the units.
Fixed leaders not spawning correctly in pure tactical games.
Fixed issue where corpes would appear in front of alive units if there had been over 1000 corpses created in previous battles.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Grapefruitfanfic » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:40 am

Why am I up this la- I mean wow I'm excited for this new update oh boy I can't wait to play I am very excited.
Grapefruitfanfic
Been posting for a bit

Postby Grapefruitfanfic » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:43 am

Hate to double post, but the Add/Edit button doesn't work for me, and with that, the game is unplayable. I also tried to play in tutorial mode, says that the save it would use is for V11. And in tactile mode, a unit got hit with an arrow, and the rest stopped. Did a melee only tactile mode test and it worked just fine.

Edit 3: 32 bit works fine, 64 bit add/edit race button doesn't work, and same with the other problems.
Edit 4: Not the tutorial bug, however. That is still there. And the bug with the add/edit button came back.
Edit before I actually play: I got it to work by clicking and holding for about three quarters of a second. Strange.

Bugs I've seen:
Spoiler: show
My entire army got deleted without me moving on the second turn. (most likely because my income collapsed along with the lack of gold)
Income altogether is broken. It only counts my troops out as an input, no matter how many villages have gold buffs. making the game impossible to play.
Last edited by Grapefruitfanfic on Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grapefruitfanfic
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:24 am

BOOYAH! I knew it'd be V12.

Now, for some reason, the Slime Queen's shoulder gems are cut in half, also(while JUST in the customization menu) the crown belly, and shoulder bit from the Slime Regalia still appears on generic units(Again ONLY in the customization menu, not in the army menu OR in battle, it's weird, OH, but it DOES appear in the army menu on in an army that doesn't HAVE the slime queen, it places them on the first unit treating them like the queen, aesthetically at least, but only in the army menu(and custom menu of course, but not battle)). Also interesting that you made the bottom part of the regalia the same color as the belly SEPARATE from the top and shoulders, when I said the belly and shoulders be a separate color than the top and bottom, lol I kinda sounded like a scolding boss, but it's fine, INTERESTING even(Maybe an external flag option to have it this way or the way I requested? But it can be a low priority, I'm just glad it works!(And doesn't look off, except for the shoulder gems. XD)(I keep all parts the same color anyway so it's literally no skin off my nose. XD))...

ALSO! THE GODDAMN TOP KEEPS ON COMING BACK IN BATTLE! Also units still have their leader bonus after the leader dies.

Also... it still says Breast and Cock covering for other units(and races, especially their leader, THOUGH if we could remove the breastplate or groin guard(while keeping the rest of the gear, I know we can change their outfit), it would allow us to give them bigger breasts(and show that they even HAVE a penis), while still keeping the armor), instead of breast or cock SIZE. XD

Oh yeah, and the save menu... it only shows 10 races(with PLENTY of room beside them).

And uh... the map editor looks weird... Hold on...
Here:
mapbug.PNG

The villages on the bar menu looks weird(and incorrect, it's the cats under the blue vagrants), and there's a vagrant army on each village(I've removed and replaced a slime village, what I assumed(correctly) was that cyan castle and it reappeared, also when I accidentally place another village breaking some of the map there was a vagrant army that showed up). ^^;

Furthermore, when I went in to strategic to test it, after selecting the map, I couldn't enter the "Add/Edit Races Menu", until I entered the game, quit out to the main menu and tried again(adding the races BEFORE picking the map).

(Hmmm, "Edit" races? Could this be also a place where we could tweak the tags races have(Like if we want a game without race traits)?)
Last edited by Turbotowns on Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:26 am, edited 14 times in total.
Turbotowns
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game