Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V11B

Postby GreenSlime » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:21 pm

There's "upload attachment" menu in full reply form.
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Dreamstars » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:30 pm

Thx, so there my sprite, is the first time I make one so it might me not really good xP
Attachments
DreamstarsLamiaSprite.png
DreamstarsLamiaSprite.png (9.55 KiB) Viewed 1795 times
Dreamstars
New to the forum

Postby GreenSlime » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:43 pm

Oh, this is pretty good. I like the direction you went for with the tail.

...and now I feel like an asshole since i was doing my own sprite. Here's colored preview, Now I need to cut up sprites and add patterns.

Apologies.
Attachments
lamiapreview.png
lamiapreview.png (4.24 KiB) Viewed 1793 times
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Dreamstars » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:46 pm

You evil! >:3, welp, that pretty good! I prefer that one clearly x3
Dreamstars
New to the forum

Postby ouphe » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:39 am

Why not use both?
If you have the belly sprites and whatnot, you could either do one wild one city, or one male one female, or something to that effect. They both look nice.
ouphe
Participator

Postby GreenSlime » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:00 am

And it's done!

Here are sprites for the snek. Arm scales might be out of alignment, but the rest should work. Includes:

-Tail
-Belly (same principle as lizard belly).
-Tail bulge, three levels - lamias are large so they visually fill up slower (1 level per 3 normal levels).
-Eyes. Useable by other races too!
-Arm scales.
-Scale pattern. For now only rings, but I can add stripes too.
Attachments
Top snek.png
Top snek.png (9.84 KiB) Viewed 1750 times
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:37 am

GreenSlime wrote:Anyway, here's slimetown v. 2.0 - and the one I honestly like better as it doesn't look like pixel diarrhea. The colorable part is big blob itself, other blobs are "buildings". It's still WIP, i'll post all the towns with walled versions in the weekend, hopefully together with taurus race (or at least just females, should be fine for now).

How positively alien! And the custom city sprites would have to have the style of a biosphere. Y'know, not to sound like an ass myself, they are your sprites, but it's MY race, so even though you prefer THIS one, it should be up to me which one is used, sorry, just saying... that said... I can't decide! XD They're both SO COOL!

I know! That one person that came up with a bunch of village names had 2 differing themes with some of them, so maybe we could do a kinda theme choice with my(and other) race(s)! That would change the style and name of the villages(and other stuff, maybe). So the mountain sprite would be used for a... more, tribal slime race, for example... and this biosphere sprite would be for a more civilized hightech slime society, and the original's could be used for a variant of slimes That Aim To Devour EVERYthing In Their Path IN A TSUNAMI OF SLIME!!!1!... *ahem* But, that's just my thinking... ^^'

Also jeez, speaking of races, you're pumping them out one after another(I'm gonna need to make further enhancements to my map)! XD

Won't be long till the game's insanely diverse(I really like settings with lots of different races)! XD
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:26 am

Wait... what's order "sneak"? It's not like stealth is a thing in this game, without a fog of war, we can see where all armies are at all times(except in the middle of a fight)!
Turbotowns
???

Postby GreenSlime » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:01 am

they are your sprites, but it's MY race, so even though you prefer THIS one, it should be up to me which one is used

Oh, that's cool with me. Though if mountain will get chosen i'll probably redo it to be more clear - i don't like how busy the sprite is. Another idea I had for slimes is sort of "fountain" with different-colored cups. Maybe that?

Multiple cultures per race sounds... probably doable, but case-by-case basis. If someone gets a cool idea, I'll have to do... the city and leader garment. Doable, but mostly window dressing.

Lamias aren't really "civilized" species in my opinion, so I was making them to be wild monsters/hireable mercenaries. They definitely should be playable, but you gotta work a bit for them :3

That said, my next undertaking-

[faint mooing in the background]

ahem
-my NEXT UNDERTAKING is spicing up the world map. I am making sprites for a few neutral buildings that can be captured by factions to get benefits (like in Heroes of Might and magic). Hopefully those aren't hard to add.

General idea is that neutral buildings work like towns, but without population growth, less max population and without hiring/building/buying things.

-Gold mine (Max population: army size*2)
To make gold mine work you have to hire units in the town and then dismiss them in the mine. Gold mine gives a bonus to gold per turn per person working in it. If attacked, workers protct the mine with whatever weapons you gave them.

-Mercenary camp
Entering it brings up "hire specific" menu with randomly generated characters of several races. The character list refreshes every 7 or so turns. There might be mercenaries of special classes or even monsters. However monsters (such as vagrant, lamia or arachne) take up three spaces in army.

-Bandit camps
Essentially loot pinatas appearing every few turns. Get in there, defeat some randomly generated units of random races, get exp, gold and maybe even slaves (tansferred as hireable to your nearest city).

-Stonemaw altar
Feed half your army to a giant stone head to give experience to others? Sure, why not? Another town menu only with "Sacrifice" instead of "Dismiss" and another option "Exalt" (marking the unit who will receive the experience). Sacrificed unit gives experience based on its level to the exalted unit of your choice (more than "devour" option, but less than killing/eating an enemy). Finally, use for those villagers you captured!

-One-time buffs
Some sort of shrine that gives stat boost to the army that visits it until the end of next combat. Has a cooldown of several turns, so get them while you can!

-Portals
Probably the most complex one to implement (AI pathing, pairing the portals, bug hunting...) but the concept is simple. Army goes into one, army goes out of another. Probably only for custom maps.

So yeah. I'm gonna make sprites for these and maybe in the future they'll get implemented. And now i'm off.
Last edited by GreenSlime on Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:01 am

Also to help with balancing(or at least, nerf god-units/armies), set a minimum 25% accuracy(pretty low considering average RNG misses with a 70% fairly often(not TOO often to be frustrating, but often enough that it can be annoying at times, especially when strategy is dependent on it(like in Fire Emblem))) to hit, so that even a lvl 100 god unit might eventually fall to a large enough army(or "armies" crashing against it over and over)of even low lvls.
Turbotowns
???

Postby carlj » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:09 am

Dreamstars wrote:Let's me try, I never do pixel art but I love lamia and drawing! We gonna make this real!!! x3

GreenSlime wrote:Actually I had a lamia sprite in the works for quite some time, but it got overshadowed by other stuff.

Okay guys give me a couple of hours, busy with other things right now, but its not gonna be hard.

Dreamstars wrote:Thx, so there my sprite, is the first time I make one so it might me not really good xP

GreenSlime wrote:Oh, this is pretty good. I like the direction you went for with the tail.

...and now I feel like an asshole since i was doing my own sprite. Here's colored preview, Now I need to cut up sprites and add patterns.

Apologies.

GreenSlime wrote:And it's done!

Here are sprites for the snek. Arm scales might be out of alignment, but the rest should work. Includes:

-Tail
-Belly (same principle as lizard belly).
-Tail bulge, three levels - lamias are large so they visually fill up slower (1 level per 3 normal levels).
-Eyes. Useable by other races too!
-Arm scales.
-Scale pattern. For now only rings, but I can add stripes too.

YAY! Thanks a lot guys! Both of those looks pretty good, in my opinion the lamia should have both sprites for human belly and snake belly, so after more than 2 or 3 preys the snake part start to swell or something like that, maybe when even centaurs gets some love it can be done something similar with their horse part.

Also snek lady is pleased!
carlj
Participator

Postby Aurilika » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:43 pm

ouphe wrote:Why not use both?
If you have the belly sprites and whatnot, you could either do one wild one city, or one male one female, or something to that effect. They both look nice.

I'll try to find a way to use both of them.

GreenSlime wrote:Here are sprites for the snek. Arm scales might be out of alignment, but the rest should work. Includes:

Looks good, as usual.

Turbotowns wrote:Wait... what's order "sneak"? It's not like stealth is a thing in this game, without a fog of war, we can see where all armies are at all times(except in the middle of a fight)!

That's actually a holdover from legacy, where armies had two modes, normal and sneak. Currently, normal armies pick the closest target that's anywhere up to 150% of their army power, and sneak picks the closest that's up to 80% of their army power. So they basically pick fights they know they can win. I plan to rework those a little in the next AI tweak though.

GreenSlime wrote: I am making sprites for a few neutral buildings that can be captured by factions to get benefits (like in Heroes of Might and magic). Hopefully those aren't hard to add.

Well, the gold mines, mercenary camps and bandit camps were all things I had planned on doing. The altar is interesting, and I can think of some interesting mechanics to put in there. Buffs and portals would be interesting. Portals would actually not take as much effort as you might think, but I would probably keep them as custom map only,

Turbotowns wrote:Also to help with balancing(or at least, nerf god-units/armies), set a minimum 25% accuracy(pretty low considering average RNG misses with a 70% fairly often(not TOO often to be frustrating, but often enough that it can be annoying at times, especially when strategy is dependent on it(like in Fire Emblem))) to hit, so that even a lvl 100 god unit might eventually fall to a large enough army(or "armies" crashing against it over and over)of even low lvls.

The current minimum is 15%, so it wouldn't be hard to change that to be 25%. That's still low enough that it's useful to put points in defense. I'll definitely push it up some, we'll see what % I end up with. I make tweak the formula some as well.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Ger-Fox » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:00 pm

i think 15% is still a good one because when you fight a army with 30 (garnision etc) and then loose this high lvl char because of such silly things like 30 spamm on this one char and then you loose this char instant where you work for 100 rounds xD this is annoing really^^ i mean when you are lvl 100 and fight a lvl 1 one....and them beat you xD well....

well unless you can like leader rescurect high lvl chars^^

and teleporter....should maybe be in a town like a upgrade. use all MP and stuff. maybe a buff house in the town too. like +10% stats or tower who shoot at the enemy each turn^^

somehow i hope here will be a smarter in battle ai. i love challanges^^ not just "more gold the turn"

or whats about you can give the ai 2 options (or yourself) cheap gold = leader only revive / a extrem ton of money = leader + the whole army of it get revive . with or without lvl loose.

last one : garnission should lvl up somehow. like you buy them. lvl 1. then them get 4exp each turn . up to a maximum....maybe from the leaders lvl or other factors. and not just like the normal recrute lvl stuff^^ them are guardians and should train each day :P while army need fight and travel^^
Ger-Fox
Participator

Re: Vore War V11C

Postby Aurilika » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:24 pm

11C Released, was hoping to get the Vagrants in there this time, but didn't quite make it. Have a relative coming into town for a few days, but should still be able to issue a patch if there's something that's messed up. I tried to make a poll to vote on a potential name change, but the options were horribly screwed up every time I tried, including some of the options for the previous poll that would randomly appear in the list every time I submitted, and I tried editing it 5 times before I finally gave up and deleted it.

11C:
Added Humans, Crypters
Slime leader is now a unique sprite and clothing set.
Turn order system changed to selecting the order for each empire rather than having to move empires one slot at a time
Now prompts if you want to clear movement orders if you select an army that has orders, instead of requiring you to know to hit the movement mode key.
Added a victory type dropdown in the create strategic screen that allows you to specific the conditions the game will end on (The old default was all villages)
Fix bug with gauntlet giving dexterity instead of strength
Fix allied army message blocking from selecting units, and also it now properly disappears if it was up, and then you view an army that's not at a village.
Completely redone way of drawing clothes and allowing clothes to be switched off of leader clothes to make that much easier in the future. Let me know if I inadvertantly introduced any visual bugs.
Fixed the tutorial that had gotten broken over one of the version updates, not sure which.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Katar » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:28 am

Can't spawn humans or crypters in map editor in 11C
Katar
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:28 am

Finally! My regal baby! Oh... the hair is going over the boobs, but goes under the top. Also the customization options are the same for my other units(And I can't change the color of the crown, OR the color of the middle bit and shoulder pads, which was supposed to be a separate color(so that other players could choose a belly color SEPARATE from the rest of the dress)). And the crown, shoulder bits and belly, show up in the customizer for the generic units(but it's just a graphical goof, it doesn't stick around outside it).

Also maybe give an option to let all the leaders be clothed by default, like the AI won't spawn without it, unless the option is (un)checked?
Last edited by Turbotowns on Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Ger-Fox » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:04 am

is here a way to play it at phone too?
Ger-Fox
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:06 am

Ger-Fox wrote:is here a way to play it at phone too?

lolwut? You... you mean, ON your phone? I uh... doubt it mate. XD

Katar wrote:Can't spawn humans or crypters in map editor in 11C

They might not have village sprites yet... Or wait... oh, no, they do, pretty cool ones at that(White cities for humans and black castles for crypters).
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:26 am

SPEAKING of graphical goofs. XD
uh.png

Didn't get better after death. XD
oof.png
Turbotowns
???

Postby Ger-Fox » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:31 am

i can also not see the editor towns of the new races. hope this can be fixed soon^^

edit : i have the same problem with the grafic bug like Turbotowns .
Ger-Fox
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game