Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V15E

Postby TTTV » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:49 pm

adding onto the topic of suggested ideas for races...

Kobolds, race of small humanoid lizards that are physically weak but quite fast, cunning and dexterous. gains a small amount of speed and dexterity every turn in a battle (perhaps a set limit or gain speed and dex at a slow rate per turn as to prevent them from being too OP) or having a chance for a Kobold at the start of a battle to turn invisible until they attack or attempt to vore, and if either of those are not ideal (or unbalanced), perhaps an ability to allow kobolds to throw a net that slows down a hit target, which also makes them more easy to vore.
TTTV
Been posting for a bit

Re: Vore War V15A

Postby Aces » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:01 pm

Aurilika wrote:
Aces wrote:The map editor needs some substantial work. I can tell not many people use it. I can't even draw a solid line, and useful options like "fill" aren't present. I am trying to make a really large map based off my fantasy world of Peran.
The ability to construct towns and fortifications would also be nice.

For line, do you mean an option to make the mouse only able to draw in a straight line, in case your mouse goes where you don't want tiles drawn? Would fill replace all contiguous tiles of a single type with a different type? I'm guessing that's what you mean, and not like filling a rectangle, because that should be easy with the larger brush sizes. For constructing towns you mean during normal gameplay, right?

I mean that if I click and hold the mouse and drag it across the screen, I expect it to draw like MS paint. Instead, there's a *ton* of broken up pixels, like the paintbrush is lagging. Try drawing on a map, you'll see what I mean. Or maybe this only happens with big maps, idk. Although a line/rectangle feature would be nice too.

And the 'fill' feature I spoke of, yeah, like the paintbucket in MS paint as well.

And yes, I mean constructing towns during normal gameplay.'

On an unrelated topic, centaurs/cowtaurs when? C:
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:24 pm

SilhouettiShine wrote:Like this one: Two battles occurs at the same time. One battle finished, and another one doesn't start immediately. This was tested for Player Vs Player, and not sure about Player Vs CPU)
To visualize it. Cat was about to attack Dog's village (Non-teamed) with 16 Village Garrisons, and Bunnies was about to attack the Human's village (Non-teamed again) with 7 Village Garrisons. Next turn appears, and both empires attacks at the same time in one turn. One battle was shown (Cats Vs Dogs), and after that battle has ended, another battle haven't started (Bunnies Vs Humans). Without changing the settings mid-game, i clicked on the Bunny's army that's currently on the Human's village, and it says that i'm "Allied with the Humans"? o.O
I wasted two turns going back and fourth, and it zipped me back into battle, like i'm not allied with them.

Also... I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong or not, but the belly rub function doesn't work. 8O

I'm glad you're enjoying it.
I'm confused as to how two different empire's armies moved during the same turn, but I'll look into it. I'll clarify the 'allied' text that shows up when there's another empire's army in one of your cities.
As MasterInventor points out in the post after this, belly rub is used on units that contain prey to speed up the digestion/absorption. It only works on units that contain prey, and a unit can only benefit from 1 rub per turn.

MasterInventor wrote:Suggestion for AI behavior: when you have Eat Surrendered Allies turned on, have the AI actually run around and eat their surrendered allies. This would consequentially fix the weirdness in the tactical summary where the survivor count doesn't realize that those poor surrendering fools aren't going to be around anymore in a minute.

I noticed that edge case of yours, by the way. The one where if there's only a couple slow preds on the winning side, and they can't run around eating all the surrendered enemies fast enough, the winners just give up all pretext and straight up murder the losers on Turn 100+? I understand why that would be in, but I feel like there should be an option to disable it. It's kind of a waste of XP if you don't have Edible Corpses turned on.

Suggestion for future feature: A more dynamic village race system. If a conqueror holds a village long enough, wouldn't it be possible for immigrants of the conquering race to supplant the original owner race? You might want to make this an optional choice in the World Settings if you decide to do something like this, of course.

On the subject of nested predators, if predator 2 is inside of predator 1 and is currently digesting prey 3 - (1(2(3))), then when pred 2 finishes being digested and starts being absorbed, they're already soup right? So shouldn't prey 3 be properly in the stomach of pred 1 from the time pred 2 goes from digesting to absorbing - (1(2 3))?

I'll think about having them do that, but it I'm not sure if I'll do that because it would require a decent amount of work, and have the potential for introducing new bugs, and I guess you'd have the AI take over for the player so that players automatically do that as well? I will at least fix the reporting bug, and may implement that.

I'll go ahead and bump it up from 100 turns to 250 turns. I think I had already fixed the issues where it would get stuck, but I'm going to leave it in as a safety net.

That might be an interesting system at some point.

Well, the states may be slightly mislabeled because I just carried them directly over from legacy, but digestion is when the the target is still alive, and then it transitions into absorption when the target dies. So my thinking is that the target is still whole at the end of digestion, but within a couple turns has softened, and that's when the prey automatically break out if they haven't already.

There are definitely interesting ideas in your race suggestions. Currently GreenSlime and HS are the two contributing most of the sprites, so they basically control what gets added. Goblins are actually already in the game as a mercenary only race (At some point they will have a map presence but that hasn't been done yet), and they do have a pistol as their ranged weapon. I think dragon sprites are being worked on, and I have some simple succubus sprites that I created that will be in at some point.

AI is planned to randomly pick from available vore types but I haven't gotten around to that yet.

Aces wrote:I mean that if I click and hold the mouse and drag it across the screen, I expect it to draw like MS paint. Instead, there's a *ton* of broken up pixels, like the paintbrush is lagging. Try drawing on a map, you'll see what I mean. Or maybe this only happens with big maps, idk. Although a line/rectangle feature would be nice too.

And the 'fill' feature I spoke of, yeah, like the paintbucket in MS paint as well.

And yes, I mean constructing towns during normal gameplay.'

On an unrelated topic, centaurs/cowtaurs when? C:

Okay, I did some optimizing of the map editor tile placement so it will preform significantly better in the next patch. You still can't drag real fast (though that may just be the mouse skipping over tiles), but you can drag several times faster than before.

I'll add a proper fill feature to the queue.

At some point there will probably be the ability to construct towns, but it might be a while before that happens.

Cowtaurs might be a month or so? I think that's what GreenSlime estimated last I'd heard.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby GreenSlime » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:34 am

Cowgirls/guys, not cowtaurs.

Also, changing races in the village is easy. just devour everyone of original race and then dismiss two of your soldiers in there. Catgirl-tested, slime-approved.
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Orosaki » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:10 am

GreenSlime wrote:Cowgirls/guys, not cowtaurs.

Also, changing races in the village is easy. just devour everyone of original race and then dismiss two of your soldiers in there. Catgirl-tested, slime-approved.

I've never really understood what the difference between cowgirls/guys and cowtaurs are.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
And if anyone asks I'm clearly the devil.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Pawz » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:06 am

Aurilika wrote:I'm confused as to how two different empire's armies moved during the same turn, but I'll look into it. I'll clarify the 'allied' text that shows up when there's another empire's army in one of your cities.

A way to get that same sorta interaction is to split an army on top of an enemy city, instead of starting a battle it just lets you place an army on that cities tile.
Pawz
Somewhat familiar

Postby HS » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:29 am

Orosaki wrote:I've never really understood what the difference between cowgirls/guys and cowtaurs are.

Cowgirls/Bullguys/Bovinefolk: 2 hands, 2 legs.
Cowtaurs/Bulltaurs/Bovinetaurs: 2 hands, 4 legs.
HS
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:33 am

HS wrote:
Orosaki wrote:I've never really understood what the difference between cowgirls/guys and cowtaurs are.

Cowgirls/Bullguys/Bovinefolk: 2 hands, 2 legs.
Cowtaurs/Bulltaurs/Bovinetaurs: 2 hands, 4 legs.

/\ This, Taurian species are alternate Centaurs(hence the name, Minotaurs are the exception), just instead of horses it's some other animal(like a centaur, it's sticking a (mostly)human torso onto where an animal's head/neck would be).
Turbotowns
???

Postby Deioth » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:53 am

Indeed, minotaurs are a bit special, since the appropriate terminology is Minotauros meaning essentially "Bull of Minos", but otherwise tauric would denote a feral equine (or at least feral quadropedic) lower body with an anthro or human upper half. Tauric creatures would be a great addition but certainly not for some time if ever. I am definitely looking forward to a moo race, though.
Deioth
The second "Our One and Only" Minotaur

Postby HS » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:11 pm

Conserning the requests for new species, I personally am a furry through and through. I could well do dragon people or kobolds one day and possibly some kind of taurs as well, though my taurs would be less a human fused with an animal and more an animal with an extra pair of limbs. Various humanoid and demi-human species aren't really my thing, sorry.
HS
Somewhat familiar

Postby VLover552 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:28 pm

I think since we're talking about new species to be added i'm just going to throw a little list out there cause why not

- Mermaids
- Succubus
- Angels
- Dryads
- Spider Girls
- Bee Girls with a queen bee and a hive as a city or something
- Frog girls who can shoot their tongue out or something
- Elves
- Sheep Girls

Sorry if any of these were already said but I like to pop into this here and there and give my two cents in from time to time because this game has boatloads of potential and the fact that it has so many options allows anyone to be able to get exactly what they specifically want from the game which I just love to death keep up the great work whoever is working on this because I think it's more than one person but I could be wrong
VLover552
Participator

Postby Aces » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:13 pm

What about centaurs, then?
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby carlj » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:23 pm

VLover552 wrote:I think since we're talking about new species to be added i'm just going to throw a little list out there cause why not

- Mermaids
- Succubus
- Angels
- Dryads
- Spider Girls
- Bee Girls with a queen bee and a hive as a city or something
- Frog girls who can shoot their tongue out or something
- Elves
- Sheep Girls

Sorry if any of these were already said but I like to pop into this here and there and give my two cents in from time to time because this game has boatloads of potential and the fact that it has so many options allows anyone to be able to get exactly what they specifically want from the game which I just love to death keep up the great work whoever is working on this because I think it's more than one person but I could be wrong

Aces wrote:

What about centaurs, then?

In my opinion we should introduce races that can add something new to the table (for example what could angels bring that is more substantial than what arpies have?), some of these are good but i'll say:

-Mermaids (because they can actually introduce water/sea gameplay)
-Succubus (they can have charm and they'll probably look good after all)
-Dryads (i can see them works, maybe they can walk trough forests without problems)
-Frog girls (because it's voralicious)
-Centaurs (because they can rival Lamias in size)
-Oni/Ogres (because we need bigger preds)

What i don't agree are:

-Angels (again i don't see what they could possibly do different, healing? Isn't that something that will come with classes?)
-Spider girls (for this one i am a bit torn, on one hand sexy spider lady, on the other arachnophobia)
-Bee girl (as much how it sounds in terms of gameplay they would be a swarm type of army and imps already kind of do that with the summoning)
-Elves (again, what would make them different besides being a slightly different looking human? we already have cat girls that are agile)
-Sheep girls (isn't a prey race enough? i guess this could be another one but aside that what could they bring on the table? Maybe a ramming attack?)
carlj
Participator

Postby SquishySofty » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:38 pm

carlj wrote: -Sheep girls (isn't a prey race enough? i guess this could be another one but aside that what could they bring on the table? Maybe a ramming attack?)

There's only one Prey race, which is the Bunnies. I want more of those tbh. :D
Not feeling so well, don't expect much of me...
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby VLover552 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:04 pm

I think that angels could get some kind of buff when fighting daemon type races like imps and succubus or something like that which could be cool but what could be cooler is if they were not a playable race per say but rather like a merc that you need to summon so you could have an edge against daemon races or something
VLover552
Participator

Postby carlj » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:20 pm

VLover552 wrote:I think that angels could get some kind of buff when fighting daemon type races like imps and succubus or something like that which could be cool but what could be cooler is if they were not a playable race per say but rather like a merc that you need to summon so you could have an edge against daemon races or something

I strongly disagree in giving a race traits that are only effective against a specific race, what happens if i play as angels but i put no demon or imp in the game? I end up with a race that has no useful traits. If you want to put angels in the game don't give them traits that are situational, give them traits that are effective no matter which race are facing. Put them in the merc shop too. sure, but give them something that works in any situation and give them an edge against all the other races.

In fact i think we should come up with some better traits for the existing races, like the dog girls or wolf girls only have buff that increases their stats when together, meanwhile cat girls have the pounce ability...
carlj
Participator

Postby Aurilika » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:37 pm

Pawz wrote:A way to get that same sorta interaction is to split an army on top of an enemy city, instead of starting a battle it just lets you place an army on that cities tile.

Ah, good catch. I'll get that bug fixed up at the same time.
VLover552 wrote:Sorry if any of these were already said but I like to pop into this here and there and give my two cents in from time to time because this game has boatloads of potential and the fact that it has so many options allows anyone to be able to get exactly what they specifically want from the game which I just love to death keep up the great work whoever is working on this because I think it's more than one person but I could be wrong

Thank you, I will continue on. Well, it's primarily one person doing the code and implementing sprites (me), but there are pieces of code from a few other people (Crux, KuroTenko, Baif). There have been a number of people that have done sprites, but the two biggest contributors at the moment are GreenSlime and HS.
carlj wrote:In my opinion we should introduce races that can add something new to the table (for example what could angels bring that is more substantial than what arpies have?)

I mean it's good to have a variety of races, even if some of them fill overlapping roles, because it allows people to use a variety of races that they enjoy (some people don't want reptilian races, some don't like furries, some like only less humanoid races, etc. ). I honestly don't expect most people to play games with more than 8 races a lot of the time because it gets unwieldy. I know this is the kind of game where people's preferences about what they do and don't enjoy come strongly into play, so I'm all for having options. All of the npc wandering/monster races will have individual toggles for this reason as well.
carlj wrote:I strongly disagree in giving a race traits that are only effective against a specific race, what happens if i play as angels but i put no demon or imp in the game? I end up with a race that has no useful traits. If you want to put angels in the game don't give them traits that are situational, give them traits that are effective no matter which race are facing. Put them in the merc shop too. sure, but give them something that works in any situation and give them an edge against all the other races.
In fact i think we should come up with some better traits for the existing races, like the dog girls or wolf girls only have buff that increases their stats when together, meanwhile cat girls have the pounce ability...

That's the reason I'm probably going to avoid anti-race traits on mainline races(and probably merc races as well, but we'll see). I think traits that are more useful against a certain race just by their very nature are fine though.
As for the traits, they are still very much a work in progress. Pounce is kind of an experiment, that's why the AI can't even use it yet, I've got to do some reworking to make active abilities easier to set up for the AI. Feel free to suggest traits you'd want to see, though.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:04 am

Aurilika wrote:
Pawz wrote:A way to get that same sorta interaction is to split an army on top of an enemy city, instead of starting a battle it just lets you place an army on that cities tile.

Ah, good catch. I'll get that bug fixed up at the same time.
VLover552 wrote:Sorry if any of these were already said but I like to pop into this here and there and give my two cents in from time to time because this game has boatloads of potential and the fact that it has so many options allows anyone to be able to get exactly what they specifically want from the game which I just love to death keep up the great work whoever is working on this because I think it's more than one person but I could be wrong

Thank you, I will continue on. Well, it's primarily one person doing the code and implementing sprites (me), but there are pieces of code from a few other people (Crux, KuroTenko, Baif). There have been a number of people that have done sprites, but the two biggest contributors at the moment are GreenSlime and HS.
carlj wrote:In my opinion we should introduce races that can add something new to the table (for example what could angels bring that is more substantial than what arpies have?)

I mean it's good to have a variety of races, even if some of them fill overlapping roles, because it allows people to use a variety of races that they enjoy (some people don't want reptilian races, some don't like furries, some like only less humanoid races, etc. ). I honestly don't expect most people to play games with more than 8 races a lot of the time because it gets unwieldy. I know this is the kind of game where people's preferences about what they do and don't enjoy come strongly into play, so I'm all for having options. All of the npc wandering/monster races will have individual toggles for this reason as well.
carlj wrote:I strongly disagree in giving a race traits that are only effective against a specific race, what happens if i play as angels but i put no demon or imp in the game? I end up with a race that has no useful traits. If you want to put angels in the game don't give them traits that are situational, give them traits that are effective no matter which race are facing. Put them in the merc shop too. sure, but give them something that works in any situation and give them an edge against all the other races.

That's the reason I'm probably going to avoid anti-race traits on mainline races(and probably merc races as well, but we'll see). I think traits that are more useful against a certain race just by their very nature are fine though.
As for the traits, they are still very much a work in progress. Pounce is kind of an experiment, that's why the AI can't even use it yet, I've got to do some reworking to make active abilities easier to set up for the AI. Feel free to suggest traits you'd want to see, though.

I'm the kind of crazy that likes long unwieldy campaigns, so I have ALL races on all the time. XD
(And thus my maps will incorporate EVERY race that's added, whether it plays to my preferences or not... hmmm, I wonder if there's a way to remove a race from play on a saved map, like if a custom map gives wolves some villages, if we'd be able to remove the wolf race from play(in the create strategy screen), and the villages would be removed(or abandoned)).
Turbotowns
???

Postby carlj » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:07 pm

Aurilika wrote:

Well i got some rework for some of the existing traits, when i come up with something new i'll gladly share:

-Lamias: Remove the Biter trait and add a new one: Ensnare, can hold a target for their turn preventing movement, attacks and vore but can use struggle (it'll check using defense and strength), if they break free they don't consume MP and can act immediately but if they fail the Lamia gets a bonus to vore that stack for every turn they fail (the Lamia is focused on ensnaring the target and can't do anything else until the Ensnare is resolved one way or another).

-Scylla: Add the Ensnare ability to them too.

-Goblins: They got too many traits, i say remove ArtfulDodge. They already take less damage from ranged attack, they don't need to also dodge.

-Imps: Remove PackStomach and add a new one: Eyes Bigger Than Stomach, get a bonus to vore and stomach the bigger the enemy size is (it'll check the closest enemy unit size and the greater is the enemy size the bigger the bonus).

-Dogs: Remove both Packs traits and give them Biter and a new one: Mark, can mark a target to reduce drastically defense and will, only one unit may be market at a time and the unit stays marked until it either dies or get eaten (if it escapes it'll need to get marked again).

-Wolfs: Remove both Packs traits and add two new traits: 1)Out For Blood, gets additional MP for every injured enemy unit on the battlefield (the bonus starts for every enemy unit below 65% of their maximum health, increasing MP of every wolf by 2 for every enemy below this threshold). 2) Savage, wolfs have a natural bonus of strength while using no weapons (probably giving them a multiplier when they are not using weapons).

This is pretty much what i got for now for rework, i also want to introduce a system that involves a unit getting a new traits every X amount of levels (by default i say every 10 levels), those traits can be choose in group of 3 randomly much like how you get to choose randomly for stats every level and those can be more broad and generic, like the Clever trait or just straight up buffs to stats, if you like this idea i can try to make a list of those but we already had a bunch of generic traits several pages ago so maybe we can use them? Let me know what you think.
carlj
Participator

Postby GreenSlime » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:11 pm

So, uh, out of curiosity - what's wrong with pack stats?
GreenSlime
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game