Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V21G

Postby Heptarch8 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:47 pm

Bug report: The Linux version does not have a file structure, presumably because it uses backslashes instead of forward slashes. As a result, trying to launch gives the error that there is no data folder.
Heptarch8
New to the forum

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:31 am

When slimes wearing the raincoats get an erection, if clips through the coat.
Turbotowns
???

Postby SquishySofty » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:29 pm

Turbotowns wrote:When slimes wearing the raincoats get an erection, if clips through the coat.

That's not the only one. Succubi's do have the problem when it comes to dresses and clipping erections.
Game Developer (With Godot Engine) and Sprite artist/animator ❤
❤ Maria best chunky girl~ ❤
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:37 pm

Turbotowns wrote:The serpent bellies are WAY to small. It's barely noticeable that they even ate anyone(/thing).
Also, over grasslands, the 1x2 rock has a green line down the middle.

Serpents may be added onto at some point.
Adjusted it so that shouldn't happen.
dddddd2 wrote:The updates are looking great!
So I see there are many bone sprites (for disposal) not being used yet, so I wonder, is there any plan to implement them?
Also, is there a Bulk stats (not body size) on the left panel and if there's not, could you add one?

If there are ones in there that aren't being used, that would mostly likely be an oversight. I'll check into it.
If you hover over the stomach stat, it tells you your total amount of available stomach space (and how much is used).
carlj wrote:Speaking of Lamia tail, when i try to tail vore with a Lamia there's no sprite showing it (i assumed that was when the second stomach sprite would kick in) until it actually reach the stomach. Also it's probably a bug but as soon the prey slide in the second stomach you can't belly rub it, still give you the option but it does nothing.

Okay, I'll address both of these.
Phorcyz19 wrote:BTW, once again the newest Mac version doesn't have the file to launch the game

Heptarch8 wrote:Bug report: The Linux version does not have a file structure, presumably because it uses backslashes instead of forward slashes. As a result, trying to launch gives the error that there is no data folder.

I don't really understand how zipping it one way works fine and the other way with the same directories and files makes it unreadable. I'll switch back to doing it manually for mac and linux, since that always seemed to work.

Turbotowns wrote:How are we supposed to know what the "Extra Color 2" for collectors is supposed to be outside of battle?

I'll go through and update the labels.
Winny wrote:All the lines inside of this is for predators, but how about for the prey inside of the predators? Maybe have lines for characters that are "unwilling" and "Willing" that units can say while they are inside of their preds? Just fun little idea I had, Could even tie it to some type of stat, Willing prey are easier to eat but take WAY longer to digest, while unwilling prey are harder to eat but easier to digest? And both stats can have tied in speech?

Well, that would certainly work. The prey's curse spell was supposed to involve willing prey text, but I didn't have any, so it was left out for the moment.
Flame_Valxsarion wrote:I would also like this to be a thing as it can be really difficult to keep track of the flavor when it gets bloated. I think it could even be as simple as taking out the turn counter and having that be it's own separate log. Maybe you could have certain descriptions be a different font color? (Escapes as green, deaths as red, etc.)

There are a few options for turning some things on and off if you maximize the log window, but I'm also planning a revamp of those options as part of the process of adding the additional lines. Color might be a good option.
Turbotowns wrote:But the TL COULD use some improvements as well, like being able to click on a name to move the camera to where that unit is/was.

I'll take a look at that. Setting it up to use name would be fairly easy, but having it deal with duplicate names would be more difficult than it was for the info panel.
Creaturedude wrote:Mac link seems to be broken? It gets stuck at 0 seconds remaining.

That may be related to the differences in file structure, or it could just be a temporary mediafire issue. I'm going to switch back to the previous way to making the mac files.
Turbotowns wrote:When slimes wearing the raincoats get an erection, if clips through the coat.

Okay, i'll get that fixed.
SilhouettiShine wrote:That's not the only one. Succubi's do have the problem when it comes to dresses and clipping erections.

That's probably a side effect of previously requested changes regarding the dress, I'll work on it.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:34 pm

Aurilika wrote:
SilhouettiShine wrote:That's not the only one. Succubi's do have the problem when it comes to dresses and clipping erections.

That's probably a side effect of previously requested changes regarding the dress, I'll work on it.

With a long enough cock, an erection would make the head peek out of the cleavage window, and that would be SO CUTE and sexy!~

Aurilika wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:How are we supposed to know what the "Extra Color 2" for collectors is supposed to be outside of battle?

I'll go through and update the labels.

I know what it DOES(it's for the inside of their mouthes), but the mouth is closed in the unit editor/customizer, so we have no way of seeing WHAT the color is.
Turbotowns
???

Postby dddddd2 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:01 am

Aurilika wrote:
dddddd2 wrote:The updates are looking great!
So I see there are many bone sprites (for disposal) not being used yet, so I wonder, is there any plan to implement them?
Also, is there a Bulk stats (not body size) on the left panel and if there's not, could you add one?

If there are ones in there that aren't being used, that would mostly likely be an oversight. I'll check into it.
If you hover over the stomach stat, it tells you your total amount of available stomach space (and how much is used).

I'm talking about these kinds of:
2019-04-08 18 50 04.png
2019-04-08 18 50 04.png (3.61 KiB) Viewed 1648 times
2019-04-08 18 49 55.png
2019-04-08 18 49 55.png (3.33 KiB) Viewed 1649 times

Right now besides slime, the bone in scat is all using generic sprite. Just thought it'd be fun if the skull would reflect their original species (just like slime's scat is a puddle), heh.

And I meant the unit's total size after they ate something, not their stomach capacity, as their prey's size would add to their current size before they got completely absorbed.
dddddd2
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:02 am

Those bones are for desert battle fields, to give them character.

...I think... ^^;
Turbotowns
???

Postby dddddd2 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:44 am

Even if they were, since we already got the bone graphic it should be possible to adapt them into scat sprite.
It's just a little thing I'd like to see anyway (loving the Slime's unique scat sprite), so not a big deal if the dev decides to leave it as it is~
dddddd2
Been posting for a bit

Postby komaru » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:28 pm

I actually made the scat sprites long before the bones were added, and due to my schedule, I'm really just getting caught up on the past like...6? versions or so right now! The progress the game has made visually and gameplay-wise is astounding!

As do the bone/scat sprites. That would need a little bit of under-the-hood stuff I think, which would be up to the devs if they wanted to implement or not. There is already of course, a bone-free scat sprite which could serve as a base, it would just need a "bone layer" to go on top of it for different races. That would in turn need someone to create bone "profiles" for each race. (And furry/non-furry versions when applicable). As my schedule/project list stands now, I doubt I'll have the time to try and go back to create these said bone profiles, but if someone were interested, that should be all that needs to be done on the artistic side of it.

That said, at some hypothetical point, I'd love to go back and try to make a few different scat sprites for some of the other races. (Namely Holstarus (Spelling?), Harpies and Equines being the top of my list) If this does get implemented, I'll try to create those sprites with the bone positioning in mind so there shouldn't need to be a bone profile for every race for every scat sprite, because, well, that's obviously rather intensive.
komaru
???

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:10 pm

Those special bone sprites are for digestion with bone only disposal, as in burping up bones, not scat. Selicia's are implemented at least, others im not sure.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby dddddd2 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:54 am

GramzonTheDragon wrote:Those special bone sprites are for digestion with bone only disposal, as in burping up bones, not scat. Selicia's are implemented at least, others im not sure.

Thanks for the explanation, I was not aware of this feature!

komaru wrote:I actually made the scat sprites long before the bones were added, and due to my schedule, I'm really just getting caught up on the past like...6? versions or so right now! The progress the game has made visually and gameplay-wise is astounding!

As do the bone/scat sprites. That would need a little bit of under-the-hood stuff I think, which would be up to the devs if they wanted to implement or not. There is already of course, a bone-free scat sprite which could serve as a base, it would just need a "bone layer" to go on top of it for different races. That would in turn need someone to create bone "profiles" for each race. (And furry/non-furry versions when applicable). As my schedule/project list stands now, I doubt I'll have the time to try and go back to create these said bone profiles, but if someone were interested, that should be all that needs to be done on the artistic side of it.

That said, at some hypothetical point, I'd love to go back and try to make a few different scat sprites for some of the other races. (Namely Holstarus (Spelling?), Harpies and Equines being the top of my list) If this does get implemented, I'll try to create those sprites with the bone positioning in mind so there shouldn't need to be a bone profile for every race for every scat sprite, because, well, that's obviously rather intensive.

That's interesting to hear! And yes, 'bone layer' was what I was thinking, heh.
I can indeed try to implement this myself if the devs are fine with that!
dddddd2
Been posting for a bit

Postby InconspicuousDragon » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:19 pm

Love the game and have a couple questions.

- Any chance at adding an option to manually release consumed prey, or consume allies without them surrendering first? I think it would be useful to be able to grab an ally as a means of protecting them from enemy consumption, then release them once a major threat is dealt with, but as far as I can tell there's no way to do that since an ally thats surrendered can't be released by any means (that I know of). Likewise it would be nice to weaken an enemy then "pass" them to an allied unit with lower Vore/Stomach stats to help heal them.
- On a related note, any chance of alternative functions to digestion? IE, unbirthing an enemy allows you convert them to your side/race (possibly extent that to allies as well, so that you could convert say, a human into a lamia or a bunny into a wyvern) Lamia's could say, use their tails to capture prey and sell them as slaves at the end of a battle to gain gold instead of EXP. I have no idea what's planned and some of the tooltips hint that these are on the way but this thread is staggeringly long so I may have just missed what's already on the agenda.

- How does the "Flee" function work? I've tried to have units retreat but after they leave the units seem to die anyway, even though they aren't counted as casualties in the post-battle stats screen.

- Is there a way to recover specific units the same way you recover a fallen leader or is it just a matter of saving their appearance and renaming someone if they get eaten? I get very sentimental about my units lol.

Keep up the great work, this project is amazing :D
InconspicuousDragon
New to the forum

Postby lati65 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:33 pm

Ok i have had this in my head for a while now as a possible suggestion for this game. What about the possibility of adding boss monsters, monsters that are much stronger then any of the other ones, possibly capable of wiping out a unprepared army with ease but have a low chance of appearing and making it so that only one can be one the field at a time. They can be wandering around passively like the goblin caravans or can aggressively pursue armies but won't attack cities but if defeated grants a lot of experience to the unit that beat it, either by killing it or eating it, and gives a powerful piece of equipment as a reward. Just a thought i had randomly while playing this wonderful game and i have no idea if this was ever suggested or considered before.
lati65
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aurilika » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:44 pm

dddddd2 wrote:Right now besides slime, the bone in scat is all using generic sprite. Just thought it'd be fun if the skull would reflect their original species (just like slime's scat is a puddle), heh.

And I meant the unit's total size after they ate something, not their stomach capacity, as their prey's size would add to their current size before they got completely absorbed.

Hmm, I do have skulls for several of the races, but it might look weird if I just drop them on there.
Sure, I'll stick an indicator for that in there.

komaru wrote:I actually made the scat sprites long before the bones were added, and due to my schedule, I'm really just getting caught up on the past like...6? versions or so right now! The progress the game has made visually and gameplay-wise is astounding!

Thank you. Multi-layers would certainly be conceivable and possible, and would continue on with the optional bones in scat flag, since that was requested at some point.

dddddd2 wrote:That's interesting to hear! And yes, 'bone layer' was what I was thinking, heh.
I can indeed try to implement this myself if the devs are fine with that!

Yeah, if you want to work on that I can stick them in.

InconspicuousDragon wrote: Any chance at adding an option to manually release consumed prey, or consume allies without them surrendering first? I think it would be useful to be able to grab an ally as a means of protecting them from enemy consumption, then release them once a major threat is dealt with, but as far as I can tell there's no way to do that since an ally thats surrendered can't be released by any means (that I know of). Likewise it would be nice to weaken an enemy then "pass" them to an allied unit with lower Vore/Stomach stats to help heal them.

I'm likely to implement some things along these lines eventually, with a way of protecting, and a way to manually regurgitate, though I'm not sure of the best way to do it (giving a list of all units and picking seems impractical, picking a random unit is more 'realistic' and could also make for interesting decisions / surprises.)

InconspicuousDragon wrote:On a related note, any chance of alternative functions to digestion? IE, unbirthing an enemy allows you convert them to your side/race (possibly extent that to allies as well, so that you could convert say, a human into a lamia or a bunny into a wyvern) Lamia's could say, use their tails to capture prey and sell them as slaves at the end of a battle to gain gold instead of EXP. I have no idea what's planned and some of the tooltips hint that these are on the way but this thread is staggeringly long so I may have just missed what's already on the agenda.

- How does the "Flee" function work? I've tried to have units retreat but after they leave the units seem to die anyway, even though they aren't counted as casualties in the post-battle stats screen.

- Is there a way to recover specific units the same way you recover a fallen leader or is it just a matter of saving their appearance and renaming someone if they get eaten? I get very sentimental about my units lol.

Keep up the great work, this project is amazing

I've been thinking about various methods of special functions to vore, (there was even a poll related to them at one point), but haven't really made much in the way of decisions on that front. There's a lot of potential / requested changes so I've tended to stall on some of the more complicated decisions to work on some of the more methodical changes.
Fleeing units basically turn into an invisible army that heads for the closest town you control, when they arrive, you'll get a message at the beginning of the turn telling you the names of units that arrived at the village (they then show up in the hire specific list)

Currently the leader is the only resurrectable unit. I plan to add a resurrection spell, but that would require having the spell and mana to spare (and only usable on units in that battle). I've also debated adding a cheat trait for recoverable units as well, if you'd be interested in that, let me know.
Thank you!

lati65 wrote:Ok i have had this in my head for a while now as a possible suggestion for this game. What about the possibility of adding boss monsters, monsters that are much stronger then any of the other ones, possibly capable of wiping out a unprepared army with ease but have a low chance of appearing and making it so that only one can be one the field at a time. They can be wandering around passively like the goblin caravans or can aggressively pursue armies but won't attack cities but if defeated grants a lot of experience to the unit that beat it, either by killing it or eating it, and gives a powerful piece of equipment as a reward. Just a thought i had randomly while playing this wonderful game and i have no idea if this was ever suggested or considered before.

There have been similar ideas but that's a bit different. It's almost certain that some form of that will eventually make it in. (a similar suggestion is people have suggested alpha monsters as basically monster leader units). There are some like that in the preliminary planning phase, and they're likely to be be multi-tile monsters.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby TershaSerou » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:41 am

I'm likely to implement some things along these lines eventually, with a way of protecting, and a way to manually regurgitate, though I'm not sure of the best way to do it (giving a list of all units and picking seems impractical, picking a random unit is more 'realistic' and could also make for interesting decisions / surprises.)

That sounds like it'd be real nice, maybe even a healing vore or non-acid vore for like protection of injured units.
meanwhile..

Currently the leader is the only resurrectable unit. I plan to add a resurrection spell, but that would require having the spell and mana to spare (and only usable on units in that battle). I've also debated adding a cheat trait for recoverable units as well, if you'd be interested in that, let me know.

This could make it so we could actually get attached to units. Which will help with making use of the custom auto-leveling. (Maybe even make certain units prey on purpose lol)
Last edited by TershaSerou on Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
TershaSerou
New to the forum

Postby Wolfcrux » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:50 am

thanks dddddd2 for the images,i was trying to find the "bubble" thing from that pic.
i wanted to know what is that?last time i asked turbotown about it,he didn't know,it looked like a condom last time i saw it.
Wolfcrux
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:42 am

How are classes coming along?

Also...

InconspicuousDragon wrote:Keep up the great work, this project is amazing :D

Welcome to Eka's! :D
Last edited by Turbotowns on Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turbotowns
???

Postby SquishySofty » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:24 am

Another possible cheat trait: Immune to Acid damage (AcidImmune). I'm not talking about Acid resistance, but literally no damage taken from Acid.
Game Developer (With Godot Engine) and Sprite artist/animator ❤
❤ Maria best chunky girl~ ❤
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:29 am

SilhouettiShine wrote:Another possible cheat trait: Immune to Acid damage (AcidImmune). I'm not talking about Acid resistance, but literally no damage taken from Acid.

Or even better Acid ABSORBER, prey gets HEALED from the stomach(eventually escaping, or being released), this could be a method of healing allies(if we CAN eventually eat them without them surrendering(outside of gatemaw)).
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:32 am

Aurilika wrote:I've also debated adding a cheat trait for recoverable units as well, if you'd be interested in that, let me know.

Would it turn the unit into a pseudo leader? If so, YES PLEASE!
Turbotowns
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game