Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V21G

Postby jeveasy » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:35 pm

Anesthetic wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:Remember when I said the bellies on the upper left tool-tip was stretched and you shot it down?

You know, if you hover over the stat it shows what the base is, AND the increase from the leader bonus...
stat.PNG

Maybe we could do without the green "(+7)", otherwise someone might think it's 95+7(which equal 102), and that could cause some confusion.

Yeah I don't wanna have to do that. That takes more effort then it should.

If my stats say 24 (+3) That should mean that my stats are functionally 27 and that if I level up it will put me at 29 (+3) making it functionally 32, and not the way it is which means 24 (+3) means my stats are actually at a 21 and are functionally a 24, meaning if I level up they go to 29 functionally.

It's confusing to see the modifier after it's allready been applied.

And having to go in to figrue out for sure what the characters actual base rank for each skill is needless busywork.

I disagree I like seeing the effective stat first an foremost
jeveasy
Been posting for a bit

Postby GreenSlime » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:53 am

At the lowest rung of dragon hierarchy are kobolds. Hatched from dragon eggs en masse, they do menial tasks for their overlords, scout new territories and serve as foot soldiers and emergency rations in dragon armies. Despite that they're not to be underestimated - dragon blood still runs in the veins of these dimunitive creatures.

And being stuffed up a kobold's ass is hardly a death worth of a heroic saga.
Attachments
kobold fella.png
kobold fella.png (3.66 KiB) Viewed 2528 times
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby dddddd2 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:24 am

Here's the new scat script and sprite..let me know if there's any problem!
scatv2.rar
(299.07 KiB) Downloaded 54 times

Since I don't know how to export these settings, here's a screenshot of them instead(also included in the .rar file):
scatv2.png

I also already added a "ScatV2" toggle to ContentSettings.cs and Config.cs as per your instruction, but need your help to add the ui toggle to one of the content pages as I don't know how to export that setting either :P
(With "ScatV2" toggle on the game will use the new script to generate scat instead of the original one; if the "scat" toggle is off then this toggle and the new script won't have any effect. The new script also works with the "Bone in scat" toggle.)
dddddd2
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:48 pm

Aurilika wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:The lvl 1 garrison glitch effected me too, and I DEFINITELY have exp buildings.

I did find a bug where if you load a game and haven't made it through everyone's turn yet it might not have refreshed the empire exp boost (though the boost from the village's own buildings was still operational), so that's fixed for the next version.
If that's not it, then the reason the AIs don't tend to get it in crazy buildings (at least for quite a while) is the first training building that adds empire wide experience costs 500 exp from your leader, so it takes a while to get there. That probably actually handicaps the AI, but I haven't really messed around with the crazy buildings mod balance at all, I've largely left it as Annoynimouse created it.

I give them all access to a mine(which a few of them DIDN'T prioritize(and don't even HAVE until several turns in(The Harpies didn't even get it, even though I put it))), that gives them 9001 gold a turn, and limited the army quantity to 15, so that they can get the tier 3 Inn(which gives some team exp(don't remember how much right now)) in a reasonable time frame... (Provided they even GET the mine)

That's what I meant about them having exp buildings.
Turbotowns
???

Postby jeveasy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:06 pm

I was thinking, how about wandering bosses? Like a single enemy that is extremely strong but gives any empire that manages to kills them a big boon similar to how beating a caravan gives you money, but to a different and more drastic effect.

It could work like the leviathans in Stellaris, the bosses spawn in at the start of the match with late-game stats with each of them having a unique trait(Multi Attack, DOT effects, stuff like that), these bosses are passive but turn aggressive against empires that attack them multiple times. They then attack one or two places before returning to the passive state.
jeveasy
Been posting for a bit

Postby TershaSerou » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:12 pm

Oh hey, just remembered, sometimes crazybuildings mistakes large populations for less than 35 for hiring people. And I had just recently gotten a win with 0/0 defenders even though there were 40 garrisoned there and I watched them fight.
TershaSerou
New to the forum

Postby Anesthetic » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:44 pm

Isn't it weird how different the Wester, and Japanese depictions of Kobolds is?
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby jeveasy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:20 am

Anesthetic wrote:Isn't it weird how different the Wester, and Japanese depictions of Kobolds is?

Do you mean how certain things depict them as lizards while other things depict them as dog like? Hell somethings depict them as rat-like.
jeveasy
Been posting for a bit

Postby komaru » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:42 am

dddddd2 wrote:Here's the new scat script and sprite..let me know if there's any problem!
scatv2.rar

Since I don't know how to export these settings, here's a screenshot of them instead(also included in the .rar file):
scatv2.png

I also already added a "ScatV2" toggle to ContentSettings.cs and Config.cs as per your instruction, but need your help to add the ui toggle to one of the content pages as I don't know how to export that setting either :P
(With "ScatV2" toggle on the game will use the new script to generate scat instead of the original one; if the "scat" toggle is off then this toggle and the new script won't have any effect. The new script also works with the "Bone in scat" toggle.)

Nice variance in these! I can't wait to hopefully see them implemented!
komaru
???

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:34 pm

Erm... What happened to my title? It's just "---" now.

Does that mean I can change it now? How?
Turbotowns
???

Postby Flame_Valxsarion » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:12 pm

dddddd2 wrote:Here's the new scat script and sprite..let me know if there's any problem!

Oh my~ Those look amazing. I cannot wait to try these when I get home!
Flame_Valxsarion
Participator

Postby Bradleymiddler » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:47 pm

The new scat looks great (does the pile get higher the more one character dumps in a tile?), and the work the dev(s?) have put in to improve this game is amazing... my only objection is that I can't play tigers as their own faction in strategic!
Bradleymiddler
Somewhat familiar

Postby dddddd2 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:47 pm

komaru wrote:Nice variance in these! I can't wait to hopefully see them implemented!

Flame_Valxsarion wrote:Oh my~ Those look amazing. I cannot wait to try these when I get home!

Thanks!! If you have Unity and want to try them before the devs merge the code, you can copy and override the Assets folder in scatv2.rar to V21G sourcecode and then set up the scat sprite and SpriteDictionaryNew like what the screenshot shows (make sure PixalPerUnit is set to 150 and all sprites are the size of 75*75), and it should work! (no need to set up toggle option since the default is already on)

Or just wait for the merge, hehe.

Bradleymiddler wrote:The new scat looks great (does the pile get higher the more one character dumps in a tile?), and the work the dev(s?) have put in to improve this game is amazing... my only objection is that I can't play tigers as their own faction in strategic!

Thank you!

So here's some explanation about how new scat sprite works:
It still works like the original, one scat per prey randomly placed within a tile.

The scat's size is determined by the prey's bodysize, currently set to:
bodysize < 9 : small scat sprite
9 <= bodysize < 16 : medium scat sprite
16 >= bodysize : large scat sprite

The tiny sprites on row 2,4,6 is for layering only, they paired with row 1,3,5 and bone sprites will be insert between them if the "bone in scat" option is on. It's randomized a little so it won't always contain bones even when the option is on, and the position of the skull (if there's one) won't always be the same.

What type of bone to use is currently identical to the already existing data from bone-only disposal(so it'll fallback to generic skeleton if there's no race-specific bone set), but can be further adjusted in the future.
dddddd2
Been posting for a bit

Postby Pawz » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:17 pm

Aurilika wrote:
Pawz wrote:Something I'd like to see if we start having more units other then the leader that can keep coming back, maybe have an option that works the opposite of weight gain and makes a unit lose weight the more it gets resurrected and if possible.. say that unit made the pred breasts of cock larger have their breasts or cock get smaller when resurected as a result. As is all the leaders are running around at maximum weight and it would be a fun indicator to see a chunky leader and know they have not been defeated in a while.

Someone on the discord suggested resetting their sizes to original levels on death, but I think I like the sound of simply lowering all of the levels on death better as you suggest, it's simpler to comprehend, and has an effect on units that started out at maximum size.

To add to that, if a unit that has the resurrectable perk or leaders gained prey like perks the more they got gurgled would work to help deter just letting your 'immortal' units just keep getting churned.. come to think of it getting repeatedly nommed in general would be a good punishment for neglecting to level will. Right now a really strong strategy is power level your hero with training and just keep mending up and getting nommed actually ends up healing you to full so you can escape relatively easily and just repeat the process.
Pawz
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:01 pm

GreenSlime wrote:At the lowest rung of dragon hierarchy are kobolds. Hatched from dragon eggs en masse, they do menial tasks for their overlords, scout new territories and serve as foot soldiers and emergency rations in dragon armies. Despite that they're not to be underestimated - dragon blood still runs in the veins of these dimunitive creatures.

And being stuffed up a kobold's ass is hardly a death worth of a heroic saga.

They'll be in the next patch.

scatv2.rar

scatv2.png

Okay, I'll get it added in. (Also, were you looking for an explanation of how to add the content toggle or just noting that it wasn't done?)

jeveasy wrote:I was thinking, how about wandering bosses? Like a single enemy that is extremely strong but gives any empire that manages to kills them a big boon similar to how beating a caravan gives you money, but to a different and more drastic effect.

It could work like the leviathans in Stellaris, the bosses spawn in at the start of the match with late-game stats with each of them having a unique trait(Multi Attack, DOT effects, stuff like that), these bosses are passive but turn aggressive against empires that attack them multiple times. They then attack one or two places before returning to the passive state.

There will almost certainly be some form of this coming eventually.

TershaSerou wrote:Oh hey, just remembered, sometimes crazybuildings mistakes large populations for less than 35 for hiring people. And I had just recently gotten a win with 0/0 defenders even though there were 40 garrisoned there and I watched them fight.

Okay, I'll check into these bugs. I'm not 100% sure what you mean by less than 35, as there's no sort of breakpoint at 35 (did you mean that it prevents hiring like at less than 3?).

Anesthetic wrote:Isn't it weird how different the Wester, and Japanese depictions of Kobolds is?

Even inside of the western definition there's vastly different races with the same name as well. There's the D&D kobolds, that are lizardlike that was apparently Green's inspiration, but there's also the Warcraft kobolds(that's the one I imagined when he first said Kobolds), the rat-like subterranean humanoids. There's also a third western (German) type that's probably the oldest of the 3, that's more like a sprite and can also change shape.

Turbotowns wrote:Erm... What happened to my title? It's just "---" now.
Does that mean I can change it now? How?

I think so, I think once you get to 1000 posts you can change it, but I am unsure.

Pawz wrote:To add to that, if a unit that has the resurrectable perk or leaders gained prey like perks the more they got gurgled would work to help deter just letting your 'immortal' units just keep getting churned.. come to think of it getting repeatedly nommed in general would be a good punishment for neglecting to level will. Right now a really strong strategy is power level your hero with training and just keep mending up and getting nommed actually ends up healing you to full so you can escape relatively easily and just repeat the process.

Well, part of that is what the level penalty on death is supposed to address, to make it somewhat impractical to simply throw your leader away. (Though you can adjust the settings to make it completely practical, or empire wrecking). To be honest, I think I made a little bit of a mistake in implementing training, but now people don't want it to be removed. At some point I'll probably try to make it a better system.

What sort of prey like perks were you thinking about? Just penalties to make them easier to eat?
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:38 pm

dddddd2 wrote:
komaru wrote:Nice variance in these! I can't wait to hopefully see them implemented!

Flame_Valxsarion wrote:Oh my~ Those look amazing. I cannot wait to try these when I get home!

Thanks!! If you have Unity and want to try them before the devs merge the code, you can copy and override the Assets folder in scatv2.rar to V21G sourcecode and then set up the scat sprite and SpriteDictionaryNew like what the screenshot shows (make sure PixalPerUnit is set to 150 and all sprites are the size of 75*75), and it should work! (no need to set up toggle option since the default is already on)

Or just wait for the merge, hehe.

Bradleymiddler wrote:The new scat looks great (does the pile get higher the more one character dumps in a tile?), and the work the dev(s?) have put in to improve this game is amazing... my only objection is that I can't play tigers as their own faction in strategic!

Thank you!

So here's some explanation about how new scat sprite works:
It still works like the original, one scat per prey randomly placed within a tile.

The scat's size is determined by the prey's bodysize, currently set to:
bodysize < 9 : small scat sprite
9 <= bodysize < 16 : medium scat sprite
16 >= bodysize : large scat sprite

The tiny sprites on row 2,4,6 is for layering only, they paired with row 1,3,5 and bone sprites will be insert between them if the "bone in scat" option is on. It's randomized a little so it won't always contain bones even when the option is on, and the position of the skull (if there's one) won't always be the same.

What type of bone to use is currently identical to the already existing data from bone-only disposal(so it'll fallback to generic skeleton if there's no race-specific bone set), but can be further adjusted in the future.

These installation instructions are rather unclear. I got the sprite sliced up properly i tihnk, but that caused an issue of prey never actually clearing from stomachs, just getting stuck with negative hp and generating a scat message every turn with no sprite. What is this about a sprite dictionary, and where do we find the window on the right that is cut off by itself and offers no clues on where to find it?
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby dddddd2 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:05 pm

Aurilika wrote:Okay, I'll get it added in. (Also, were you looking for an explanation of how to add the content toggle or just noting that it wasn't done?)

Thanks, and I'm just noting it wasn't done this time.

GramzonTheDragon wrote:These installation instructions are rather unclear. I got the sprite sliced up properly i tihnk, but that caused an issue of prey never actually clearing from stomachs, just getting stuck with negative hp and generating a scat message every turn with no sprite. What is this about a sprite dictionary, and where do we find the window on the right that is cut off by itself and offers no clues on where to find it?

In 'hierarchy' window there's a search box which you can type in 'sprite dictionary new' to find the object, when you select it you'll see its content in 'inspector' window where you can set it like what the screenshot shows. (click on the small circle thing to link them to the sprite)
dddddd2
Been posting for a bit

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:56 pm

Mmmm... my hierarchy is completely empty, searching does nothing. >.=.<;
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby dddddd2 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:49 pm

GramzonTheDragon wrote:Mmmm... my hierarchy is completely empty, searching does nothing. >.=.<;

I'm guessing that you have to open the project by double-clicking "VoreWar/Assets/base.unity"
dddddd2
Been posting for a bit

Postby TershaSerou » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:13 pm

Okay, I'll check into these bugs. I'm not 100% sure what you mean by less than 35, as there's no sort of breakpoint at 35 (did you mean that it prevents hiring like at less than 3?).

Sorry yeah that's exactly what I meant since it thinks there are too little villagers even though there... are... uh... more than a couple hundred.
TershaSerou
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game