Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V21G

Postby Aurilika » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:35 pm

TershaSerou wrote:
Okay, I'll check into these bugs. I'm not 100% sure what you mean by less than 35, as there's no sort of breakpoint at 35 (did you mean that it prevents hiring like at less than 3?).

Sorry yeah that's exactly what I meant since it thinks there are too little villagers even though there... are... uh... more than a couple hundred.

I tried looking around and didn't see any obvious issues and tried to recreate it and couldn't (worked fine at various stages even up to the max capital population with that mod of ~5700). (The required conditions to recruit should be army below max size, village population > 3, not trying to create an army if at maximum number of armies, and not an enemy village) If it happens again, send me a save file and I'll be able to fix it. I did find the probable cause for having 0 garrison listed and fixed that one.

Also, I don't think I said it on here, but the next patch will very likely be released late in this weekend.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Circle0Trick » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:24 pm

Your work is wonderful.

Thank you.
Circle0Trick
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vore War V22

Postby Aurilika » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:22 am

Stellarcircle17 wrote:Your work is wonderful.

Thank you.

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoy it.

V22 released. More a collection of smaller things than any big focuses in this one. Totally a coincidence that there's 4 new resurrection themed mechanics in a patch released on Easter. (Or rather, the first 3 (Eternal, Resurrection, and Replaceable) were, but I figured I'd push and get in soul imprinting and go for the quadfecta). My playtesting didn't reveal any major issues, but it's highly likely there are some. I'll have time tomorrow evening to put out a patch if issues are discovered.

V22:
Features / Changes:
Added the kobold race of lizard people (They're associated with the yet to arrive dragons)
Special Mercenary Asura added. Her special move is only usable every 3 turns. Any unit that kills her unlocks a wearable mask.
Added the soul imprinting system. You can spend gold to save a copy of a unit that is restored if the unit dies. They currently keep their items, but this may change in the future.
Added a 4th tier spell called resurrection, that does pretty much what it sounds like. Allows you to pick from all dead units from the current battle. This includes units in the absorption phase, dead units, or completely absorbed units. There's not currently a hook to allow automatic casting at the end of battle, but that's something I plan to add.
Massive increase in the amount of tactical log line (including some for first time predators and ones for friendly vore), swallow messages and digestion messages. (There's now around 70 swallow messages, and around 120 random digestion messages) Because of the large number of changes, errors/typos are inevitable, let me know and I'll fix them.
There is an alternate system of scat sprites created by dddddd2 that's in, that is separately toggleable.
Can now save custom Auto Stat distributions for later use.
Can now rename Strategic empires by clicking on the empire name in the strategic screen (the name defaults to the race, so it looks the same as it did before)
Can now regurgitate a random unit into a clicked square. Has a range of 1 tile, and can only be used on living units. The random aspect was designed as a bit of a nod to realism and also to make it more interesting, but it occured to me that alt vore makes it somewhat nonsensical (if you have a unit in your stomach and one in your womb, you should be able to control which one gets out.) That may be revisited in the future. Manually regurgitating removes the exp gained from devouring to prevent exploits.
Leaders will now lose a little weight when they die if weight gain is enabled.
Improved the borders between snow and ice on the strategic map
Stuck the current bulk of the unit in with the race tooltips (lists size, and bulk, which is the size including current prey)
Added an option for map scrolling if the cursor is near the edge of the screen.
Monster scaling is now based on the 80th percentile of experience, rather than the 90th. This should prevent a few strong units from cranking up the difficultly of monsters too much.
Movement Points in Tactical have been renamed to Action Points to avoid confusion with Mana/Magic Points. It also better reflects their current role with being able to spend them on some abilities without ending the units turn (mostly with traits).
There is now a relations hit for the actual act of declaring war. Also, attacking an empire's village will now make you disliked by them, regardless of how liked you were before.
Added acid immunity trait. It's not necessarily a cheat trait, though the only way to currently use it in normal play is to add it by cheats. To avoid never ending battles, it only lasts for 20 turns in the same belly. (So that some critically injured unit doesn't spend 1000 turns trying to escape)
Added a cheat trait, eternal to make a unit never die (it simply acts as though it fled with one hitpoint at the end of battle if it dies).
Changed the info card around by request so that it displays the modified stat and the base stat, instead of the difference. You can also opt to make it more compact by not changing it to only show the final stat in the options menu.
Replacement sprite for villages that are of a mercenary race.

Added some options for sorting the list of mercenary toggles
Attacking a village with someone else's army in it will now upset both empires directly.
Added an option for lizards to not have breasts, will also cause them to generally spawn without top clothing
Alliances and peace relations are now slightly harder to maintain (though starting on the same team starts with significantly higher relations)
Players now receive a summary of all diplomatic changes at the start of their turn, instead of only ones that involved the player.
Adventurers generated in occupied enemy villages now have a smaller chance of spawning as the actual village's race, and a bigger chance of spawning as your empire's race.

Bug Fixes:
Fixed a bug where if the enemy leader had a book, they would generate a copy of it to give away each time they died (now the leader still keeps the book like before, but doesn't give away copies. )
Did some sprite adjustments for lamia tail vore (it should always bulk up their tail if they tail vore someone)
Can now properly give rubs to a lamia with the unit in the 2nd stomach
Fixed a bug that allowed stacked flying units under player control to do some actions without forcing a movement undo.
Prey that escape into another prey now show up in the correct body location
Fixed the leaders use customizations option being allowed to pick non-leaders as the customization.
Fixed some more tactical log issues
Miscellaneous Sprite fixes / exceptions fixed.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby DisguisedQQ » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:14 am

Hio, i was avoiding this game for a while since kinda disliked the

name,but when i tried it i found it absolutely awesome! Game is really

catchy, and i wrote few ideas/suggestions in hope to make it even better.

1. There's many windows that you can't close with keyboard and have to

click manually, it's seriosly slowing down management.
2. Switcher for every unit to put on/off autoleveling.
3. When i manually build up garrisons it's really painful to set right

autoleveling to every unit, you could add ability to set choosen

autoleveling to all units with same weapons.
4. AI for casters need some enhacement, If unit has a book in first slot

or has higher enough mind it should use spells instead of choosing

randomly.
5. AI for buffers could use some too, they should buff melee unit with

higher priority instead of shielding backline first. XD
6. Quick buttons for special actions, for example 4 for rubbing, 5 for

first spell, 6 for second spell, 7 for third and 8 for escape.
7. Possible garrison units management without having to recruit them to

regear.
8. Vore mechanic is something weird for me here, chances for escape is

quiet low and digestion is way too quick sometimes. You could add an

additional content settings to apply % scaling for escape chance and

digestion.
9. Stomach stat by itself offer too much of digestion speed, you could

split diegstion speed between stomach and voracity, like 8:2 or so, with

stomach power priority.
10. Corpsed doesn't count toward digestion count, is that normal?
11. With weight gain option on units should lose their weight over time

as well. And maybe other parts sizes over longer time, but after normal

weight ofc. :P
12. Maybe switcher for unit, when more vore options enabled, to choose

what action performed on vore actionby default.
13. Never though of possible regurgitation, so they can share meal with

injured, ofc only for alive targets.
14. Could you force armies to skip their first turn, when starting new

game? It can get messy before you even have a chance to do anything.
15. Ever though about adding small level scaling for accessories? With

leveling they almost completely losing efficency, for example +1 stat per

5-10 levels.
16. Will be there, ever, possibility to completely destroy towns? Like,

without possible rebuilding or requiring a plenty of turns to do so?
17. What about possibility to capture enemies? Like, overwhelm them to

force surrender, take them with army for supply or even possibility to

recruit them after a while? Or giving mercy to still alive prey to

possibly recruitit later? Isn't it sounds funny? :P
18. Same flat global speed for all armies is quiet weird. What if give

races different speed, including wild ones? They should work like

pathfinder, if atleast half of units is fast it would apply to whole army.

Also you could bind it to army size, have few units to run faster or

oversize and get slow.
19. I'm not sure if it's already there since no full stats description,

but could more stats affect vore odds? Like, when struggling use highest

or sum of strengh, dexterity and agility to increace escape chance. Also,

voring in general is too op now, what if basic chance of escape with equal

stats would be ALOT higher, while stat difference would have bigger

affection to odds as well? That would made same level vore more difficult

and force you to focus on proper stats if you want to easily succeed. That

way strong but weak willed targets will be easier to swallow but harder to

keep and reverse, making all stats affect vore mechanic... Just have no

idea how to put mind into it. XD
?. Just a question, do you planning to add any extra functions to

goblins or they will stay neutral nomadic critters?
20. Personal from me, could add an switcher to forbid your units to vore

when you give control to AI? :3

Hope i'm not a bother, best of luck. :P

PS. It's hillarious that by default bunnies are non-predators but equines,

taurus, crypters and etc. are... XDXDXD

PPS. Registered just for this game. :3
DisguisedQQ
Been posting for a bit

Postby DisguisedQQ » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:57 am

Just realised where to put dat mind... XD
Mind along with endurance could decrease incomind acid damage a lil, to

partially counter higher digestion speed of skillful preds.
DisguisedQQ
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:11 pm

He lives! And so do my favorite units!

An exception keeps popping up when I try to load a specific map in the editor...

Spoiler: show
Exception: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Version :22
MapEditor.RedrawVillages () (at <7f4939a04af449459ff1d1bce56084e7>:0)
MapEditor.RecreateObjects () (at <7f4939a04af449459ff1d1bce56084e7>:0)
MapEditor.LoadMap (System.String filename) (at <7f4939a04af449459ff1d1bce56084e7>:0)
FileLoaderUI+<>c__DisplayClass2_0.<CreateMapLoadButton>b__0 () (at <7f4939a04af449459ff1d1bce56084e7>:0)
UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () (at <780acbdfab1d441d95f18133007790cd>:0)
UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () (at <780acbdfab1d441d95f18133007790cd>:0)
UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () (at <bd392c1132fe447fbb1adf74b58b3be5>:0)
UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) (at <bd392c1132fe447fbb1adf74b58b3be5>:0)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at <bd392c1132fe447fbb1adf74b58b3be5>:0)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents+EventFunction`1[T1] functor) (at <bd392c1132fe447fbb1adf74b58b3be5>:0)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()
Last edited by Turbotowns on Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Turbotowns
???

Postby FinalWolfZX » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:35 pm

Hey there! First off, LOVING the game! Of course equal credit goes to it's original creator, but to see someone pick up the torch and continue is really commendable! Anyway, I noticed that there were a couple tactical log messages for digesting an ally that, to me, seemed slightly out of place. The spoiler section below shows which ones I found.
Spoiler: show
I'll put this note here as well, I discovered these log messages using the new kobold race, also I'm not gonna use names or genders in these.
The messages are as follows.
(PRED NAME) realizes what they've done and tries to expel their ally but it's too late, (PREY NAME) is already thigh fat.
(PRED NAME) can't stand to look at their stomach as it finishes off their comrade.

Those ones in particular stood out the most. They were part of the random messages during the digestion phase. Although I'm not sure if there was a reason they were put in with those potential messages, I kind of think that they would be better used for when digestion ends. It's just my thought on the matter, though. I'll still be checking back for new patches for this game on the regular either way! :D

Edit. Also, regarding the 'Replaceable' trait, even if the unit doesn't die in battle, they get replaced anyway. Pretty sure that's not supposed to happen. ^^;
FinalWolfZX
New to the forum

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:39 pm

I'd appreciate it if messages didn't have the predator masturbating, noted with a message about selicia sticking her tail in her slit after eating an asura.

Also noted that there is a message about a newbie pred asking for a veteran to rub her belly when she was the only unit in battle. Maybe newbie pred lines shouldn't play for units that are above say level 10, 15, or 20 if they were spawned or hired that way. as it's really jarring for multiprey with a fresh unit in pure tactical or a high level merc. Or just disable new pred messages in tactical with a toggle.

Messages in general that refer to generic units that arent there when a combatant is a alone are rather odd to see so often

"[prey] threatens to eat [pred] once they get out. the through terrifiesher so they firmly holds their shifting guts to keep her agitated prey down." this message is a grammatical trainwreck. i think it's supposed to say "the thought terrifies her"

kobolds seem to have an improper racial body size. they're known for being smaller than say a human, and should probably be nerfed to at the highest an 8 body size, right now they are bigger than even the lizards at 15 instead of the normal 10.

good to see some new flavor messages though, i could see the new pred messages being a little endearing in a strategic game.

EDIT: went into the source to fiddle with replacing the absorption sounds with more uh, scat related sound effects, but going into the audio tab most of the sound effects are no longer there. no burps, swallows, digestions, absorptions or weapon hit sounds. Just a few spell sounds.
EDIT: different thing, there is more than one audio folder i the source. one in assets, and another in assets/resources
Last edited by GramzonTheDragon on Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Panth » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:40 pm

Oooh, that's quite a tasty morsel of an update there. Looking forwards to sink my teeth into it and really savour its flavour. :D
Okay, enough with the puns. I was wondering if there were any plans to let us edit the race traits in the future? There's so many interesting traits available, it seems a pity to do with just two per race.
Panth
New to the forum

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:13 pm

I saw Eternal(Trait), Resurrection(Spell) and Soul Imprinting(Village Mechanic) in the changelog, but what about Replaceable?(I saw a comment about it being a trait, but it wasn't listed in the changelog.)
Turbotowns
???

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:26 pm

Panth wrote:Oooh, that's quite a tasty morsel of an update there. Looking forwards to sink my teeth into it and really savour its flavour. :D
Okay, enough with the puns. I was wondering if there were any plans to let us edit the race traits in the future? There's so many interesting traits available, it seems a pity to do with just two per race.

I second this, increased customisation on the races would be awesome.
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

Location: Western Scotland (That's as much detail as you're getting)

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:49 pm

Also, does Eternal trigger even if the unit is digested?
Turbotowns
???

Postby GreenSlime » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:03 am

Hio, i was avoiding this game for a while since kinda disliked the name,but when i tried it i found it absolutely awesome! Game is really catchy, and i wrote few ideas/suggestions in hope to make it even better.

First of all, thanks! I'm not the main developer, I mainly slap pixels onto pixels and pester Aurilika about stuff, but it's great to hear people like the game you worked on.

About name - I was trying to name it something else, but my attempt ("Consumed Kingdoms") was met with resounding "meh". Though better names are always appreciated.

You mention some good points in your post, so I'll go over them (to, as I previously said, pester Aurilika about them)

1. A good solution to this could be ability to close windows by clicking outside of them, which is quicker than pressing a keyboard key or hovering over an option.

2,3. Choosing between micromanaging certain units and just leaving others on autopilot could be useful for people who play with 16+ size armies. I feel like choosing different leveling paths based on weapons will be a bit too much, though, requiring at least its own menu.

4,5. Caster AI priorities would be nice, but detailed tactical AI reacting to precise situation is not the easiest thing to do. What sounds simple on paper (like, mage buffing prioritizing units closer to enemy units) could be complex in execution and vice-versa.

6. I feel like UI in general could use some updating, like alternative vore not being lumped with spells/special actions/other stuff.

7. I'm not sure how garrison unit permanency works, I'll have to ask Aurilika this.

8. I've been suggesting adding minimum escape chance of 5% (10% with escape artist) as well as universal 1-2 turn "no digestion" period. Escape chance and digestion damage adjustment sliders could be useful too. The only problem with large escape chance is that units will be escaping A LOT during auto-turns which could be annoying.

9. Stomach stat balancing is kind of eternal nightmare here. It doesn't help that usually AI eats units at critical health so they perish almost instantly. No digestion period could somewhat solve this, i think, as well as some nerfing to digestion damage.

10. Digestion probably counts only those units that were alive at the moment of digestion.

11. There have been lots of suggestions regarding weight gain/loss which makes me feel guilty since I'm not into weight gain and generally avoid drawing more of it (not because i'm not into it - it just takes amount of effort disproportionate to payoff). I should probably do more weight gain.

12. This gives me another idea - vore frequency sliders, controlling what vore methods AI uses.

13. Regurgitation is just in! :-D

14. Either turn skip or player ALWAYS starting first could be a good idea.

15. Accessory having percentage-based scaling in addition to static bonus would probably be the best solution.

16. I'm not too keen on that - it could help if you capture a town that's hard to defend, but in most cases it's not a good choice and depopulating town leads to roughly the same results AI-wise

17. It's possible and it's something i've been thinking about.

18. Different global speed would be an absolute NIGHTMARE to balance. The one way I see it working if, like in HoMM, armies without towns disband in very short time, but that would prevent some playstyles.

19. Stat balancing is one thing we need to just sit down one day for and complete in a single heroic effort. But escape chance being too low is a known problem and i'll poke Aurilika about it.

Next big thing Aurilika is working is bandits/rebels, which will lead to diplomacy system, which will lead to random events for all neutral races (and some pretty detailed quest lines are already being written). Please look forward to it.

20. Switch to just kill opposing units? Or stand around and do nothing? I'm not sure I get this right

GramzonTheDragon

In general i feel like there need to be better conditional triggers and switches for certain content (there definitely should be a lewd switch).

Kobolds are completely my bad, all of them, from improper sizes to them being unbeatable blob of devoury doom. I apologize (maybe not for blob of devoury doom though :P )

Turbotowns

We've been discussing possibility of random traits AND race-wide trait changing.
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Aurilika » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:23 am

Okay, had a little bit of time, so was able to go in and put out a few of the fires (greatly overpowered kobolds, some exceptions (including one with empire relations that 20 different users apparently encountered and no one reported, that I think I fixed all of the way. (I also realize this upload doesn't contain the newest changelog, but I'm tired so don't want to upload again), but I'll post it here like usual.

I'll get back and catch up on responses tomorrow and get some more of the less immediate issues fixed this week.

V22A:
Fixed up some exceptions.
Cleaned up some log text issues.
Kobolds have a few sprite fixes (they fit under the breast disabling for lizards category) and the replaceable perk has had its power lowered (replacement units are generated with signficantly lower exp). Also fixed the bug that replaceable would be triggered even if they were still alive.
Male bats have been added. (HarryS supplies the code for things he draws, so that's why they are mixed in with the fixes.) They have a fixed spawn ratio of 20% because they are supposed to be rare, and they are also weaker so a variable ratio would affect their power.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:00 am

GreenSlime wrote:
Turbotowns

We've been discussing possibility of random traits AND race-wide trait changing.

Nani? Okay, cool, but why is this responding to me? I was asking about a specific trait not the future of traits in general. lol XD

AS for that weird ass Preview Picture bug...
These are all in order...
part1.png

part2.png

part3.png

part4.png

See how the feral wolves belly is stretched after I hovered over the Kangaroo, but it goes back to normal after the slime?
(And of course, the game is paused so it's not in the middle of a bounce animation)(It also affected a crux belly, that was in the fight to the right, but not some bunny balls(but it doesn't "cure" the stretch like my slime bellies seem to(it also worked with a different full slime, also to the right)))
Fuck'n weird...

Also...
wholesome.PNG
wholesome.PNG (7.65 KiB) Viewed 1103 times

Absolutely precious. X3
Turbotowns
???

Postby Anesthetic » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:47 am

jeveasy wrote:
Anesthetic wrote:Isn't it weird how different the Wester, and Japanese depictions of Kobolds is?

Do you mean how certain things depict them as lizards while other things depict them as dog like? Hell somethings depict them as rat-like.

I aint seen rats, usually something like that is called the Scaven. But yeah in Japan Kobolds are Shiba Inu people.
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V22A

Postby DisguisedQQ » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:01 am

First of all there's nothing wrong with name, the vore stuff just isn't really my thing... :P Name is fine when you started game already.
3. I mean, similar to customization 'apply to all', applying choosen autoleveling to all unit with same weapons. Just to be clear that you got my
point. :3
4,5. I have no doubts in this, AI will always find a way to surprise you. XD
10. I didn't read whole patch note yet but so far i read that it should counts so... Just saying.
11. Just dislike when my initially slim char become chubby and oversized and stay in this form while whole mechanic itself looks interesting.
12. Sounds good, but i mean option for specific unit to force it use specific action with vore action and on auto.
13. Wrote it before patch. XD
14. Just got a game where plenty of ai towns were taken before they even could prepare garrisons.
18. Always hated that thingy in homm. XD If they have a money and can get supply, what's wrong with nomading? :P
?. I will. :3
20. Yes, just killing without voring. You know, coz VIOLENCE!!! And edible corpses anyway. :3

And still, best of luck. :P

PS. Also i feel really jelly since AI can end turn with flying units anywhere and i can't... ;_;
DisguisedQQ
Been posting for a bit

Postby DisguisedQQ » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:59 am

Buff slimes please, why you have to humiliate them so hard? Small bodies, easy to swallow, super fast to melt, they feels completely destroyed. And that's out of logic as well, how is it liquid form are easy to swallow? It's quiet reverse, they should be good at avoiding it... Also they could easily swallow enemies but hard to keep them inside, for same reason.
DisguisedQQ
Been posting for a bit

Postby dddddd2 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:30 am

The new version is great as always!
A little report: Currently there seems to be no way to disable spell damage logs in the tactical log
Also it'd be great if it can remember the options(Show Odds/Show Heals etc.) so we don't have to set it every time :P
dddddd2
Been posting for a bit

Postby KishuRai » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:52 pm

Unfortunately for some reason, kobolds aren't a playable option in the menu on choosing what races to add to a game. They just aren't anywhere on the list.
KishuRai
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game