Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V22H

Postby Aurilika » Mon May 27, 2019 8:04 pm

Turbotowns wrote:Oh right, to confirm, the fairy's are a full on civilized race with their own villages and shit, right? Or just another mercenary race?(I'm sure I'm not the only one to prefer them to be a main/civ race)

Oh, and I can indeed confirm that the monster armies are stuck on my villages, I have the whole replace function on, and they aren't eating my villagers, but they're keeping me from using the villages(like the succubus one, the stupid bastards).

Well, if Green's ideas go as planned, they aren't a strictly playable race, but their units are relatively easy to obtain, and their mechanics are unique.

Okay, I'll check into that.

Jaybeezy wrote:So, three things.
One, I'd just like to say that this game is legitimately fun and enjoyable just as a strategy game without any vore elements to it. Like, you made a vore game that can still be enjoyable without that fetish. That's pretty impressive, and of course the vore mechanic makes it so much better. I don't think any games exist in the world that are quite like this and for this you should feel proud. Also, loving the crazy buildings mod, there's something really satisfying about finally getting "Fortified City" on all of your villages and winding up with 100k+ income. Also further loving the fact that you can control what mercenaries are able to show up in the menu. Don't like how Collectors look? No problem, you don't have to deal with them. Want only succubi as mercenaries? There you go. This game is simple in the right ways and complex in the right ways.

Second thing, can we get a system up where we can share maps with one another? Like if someone makes a great map and wants to share it, can we get some sort of filesharing system set up for that? It could also be useful for just sharing WIP stuff or user-generated content. And I'm not asking this about within the game itself, I mean for us forum users. Like a dropbox or something.

Lastly, is there any way to access/view/edit those vore log messages? Most of them seem to happen while it's autofinishing turns and I don't have time to really read most of the messages. Plus it could be nice to add some or edit some existing ones to a user's preference.

Thank you, glad that you're enjoying it.

People have just posted maps directly to this topic before, and there's also a specific map sharing channel on the discord.

You can pause the game, with p, to give to more time to look at those messages. Currently there's no way to add them, aside from modifying the source, but I may try to add that at some point.

Turbotowns wrote:I remember way back when even bunnies weren't quite yet implemented(fully)(Hah, nostalgic), the map generation kept all of your own villages relatively close but spread out the civs, which I liked! Like, you can visit any other of your villages from your capital in but a few turns, while it took several to reach any of your enemies! The strategic auto Kiiiinda does that with spacious and none(with big enough dimensions), except your own villages are also miles apart. which is NOT very strategically sound, just say'n... ...Errr... Not... trying to sound rude or anything... maybe... give each civilization some land separating each other or something... maybe?

I'll see what I can do, but the generator has changed around since then, because on and off the cities have been relatively intermingled with each other.

Delt wrote:is it possible to disable fleeing?

It is not currently (aside from setting the tactical AI to legacy, but I can't really recommend that). I plan to soon add a couple of options specific to each AI (right now the options I've thought of would be - can flee? what weapons can they use, and can they hire special mercs)

GramzonTheDragon wrote:It would be nice to have. or at least a way to make it so auto completing turns didn't make a player controlled army auto flee, as if you wish to continue combat, you can no longer make the trash units you dont care to micromanage fight without taking the time to.... yknow, micromanage them.

Ah, that sounds like an oversight. I'll certainly make it so that you can control whether your own army can flee or not.

Jaybeezy wrote:So, if you set world generation to be all or mostly water, villages will end up needing land bridges so they are all connected. Problem is, whenever I do this, units treat the land bridge like water, i.e. they can't cross over it. It's as if the land bridge simply puts the texture of the land there but the programming for that tile is still set to be water. Am I doing something wrong? Is it just me?
Also, I made a map with a one-tile-wide river running through it with four bridges for troops to cross. However, the AI keeps putting armies right in the river. It IS just one wide (so it looks like a long narrow river in the updated textures), but technically the army still is sitting on a water tile. My question is, is this SUPPOSED to happen? Like fording a river? (this would make sense so I figured it's probably the case)

That is not supposed to happen, on either issue. I notice that you can manually follow the land bridges by keyboard movement but the pathfinder seems to not know what to do. I'll check into these issues.

Jaybeezy wrote:As an aside, are there any plans to make it possible for armies to make/change things on the strategic map? For instance, could they (for 3 MP) do a "Remove Forest" option to... well, turn the forest tile they're on into a grass tile? Maybe vice versa? Maybe they could, for 1 MP and a certain amount of gold, make an aid station where any army that ends its turn on that tile heals as if they were in a village? Maybe a raze field/plant field option around villages to weaken their income by removing farms or replant a farm that has been razed? Maybe build a bridge for 3 MP and a decent bit of gold? Heck, make a new village for like 50-100K gold?
Basically this would require an ability to change map tiles without being in map editor, and I'd imagine that would be extremely difficult to program, so I'm just asking if that's currently planned, not directly asking for it. I'm just bringing this up because, as jeveasy said, "there is a strong focus on modifying your own experience," and the ability to influence the map itself in such a way would certainly help users modify the experience and allow for even more varied playstyles than there already are.

Various ideas have been floated from time to time, such as roads and village construction/destruction, but I haven't really done much on those fronts yet. Actual terrain modification hadn't been suggested before, the ability to build bridges and clear forests could be interesting, but there's some other things I'd want to tackle first.

Turbotowns wrote:The deal with my Succubus only doing oral vore, was probably because I also gave her pounce, and she uses THAT to vore(and I guess the AI doesn't how the pounce with the other vore types).

Ah, I've fixed that oversight so the AI will now use their normal system of deciding which vore type to use with pounce as well.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Mon May 27, 2019 8:49 pm

Aurilika wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:Oh right, to confirm, the fairy's are a full on civilized race with their own villages and shit, right? Or just another mercenary race?(I'm sure I'm not the only one to prefer them to be a main/civ race)

Oh, and I can indeed confirm that the monster armies are stuck on my villages, I have the whole replace function on, and they aren't eating my villagers, but they're keeping me from using the villages(like the succubus one, the stupid bastards).

Well, if Green's ideas go as planned, they aren't a strictly playable race, but their units are relatively easy to obtain, and their mechanics are unique.

...Another mercenary race... I mean... alright... I was actually looking forward to switching it up and playing as fairies AGAINST(or allied with) the slimes!

...Well there WAS talk of just making the mercenaries playable(civ, villages, and all) anyway. XD
Turbotowns
???

Postby VorishFoxie » Tue May 28, 2019 1:13 pm

I just wanna say: I had no idea this game was a thing until last night, and I absolutely LOVE it! I had so much fun and I can’t wait to play more! My favorite race so far is easily the Imps. I made one Imp I’ve grown quite attached to, might even draw some fanart sometime or make em into an oc! Keep up the excellent work, I can’t wait to see this game grow and get better and better!
VorishFoxie
Somewhat familiar

Postby 1234567810 » Tue May 28, 2019 1:19 pm

Gosh, this game is really good...! Saw it during the early alpha but had no idea you evolved it this much, it's amazing now! Really hope to support this project somehow, excited for this game's future! <3
New to the forum

Postby Turbotowns » Tue May 28, 2019 5:00 pm

I hope cock vore eventually gets a unique sound effect(And I feel the breast vore sfx works better for tail vore than the oral sfx.), instead of just the oral vore sfx(or maybe use one of the cuter, squishier, sfx like breast or unbirth).
Turbotowns
???

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Tue May 28, 2019 5:42 pm

Turbotowns wrote:I hope cock vore eventually gets a unique sound effect(And I feel the breast vore sfx works better for tail vore than the oral sfx.), instead of just the oral vore sfx(or maybe use one of the cuter, squishier, sfx like breast or unbirth).

More sound effects in general really. I noticed in the code you can just slap in new sound effects and it will rng between them all so i've added/replaced effects for my tastes, but don't have good gurgle sounds, only access to belches.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Tue May 28, 2019 7:12 pm

GramzonTheDragon wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:I hope cock vore eventually gets a unique sound effect(And I feel the breast vore sfx works better for tail vore than the oral sfx.), instead of just the oral vore sfx(or maybe use one of the cuter, squishier, sfx like breast or unbirth).

More sound effects in general really. I noticed in the code you can just slap in new sound effects and it will rng between them all so i've added/replaced effects for my tastes, but don't have good gurgle sounds, only access to belches.

OwO? Alternate burps, eh? I could certainly use more of those myself! Might you help me in that regard(teaching me how to add/replace sfx, and maybe providing the ones you have)?

...Do .Ogg files work?
Turbotowns
???

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Tue May 28, 2019 9:09 pm

Turbotowns wrote:
GramzonTheDragon wrote:

OwO? Alternate burps, eh? I could certainly use more of those myself! Might you help me in that regard(teaching me how to add/replace sfx, and maybe providing the ones you have)?

...Do .Ogg files work?

the game uses uh.. mp3 or wav i think. i just export or convert with audacity. started recording some burps and editting them a bit but they lack the background gurgles of the default burps.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Tue May 28, 2019 11:29 pm

GramzonTheDragon wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:...Do .Ogg files work?

the game uses uh.. mp3 or wav i think. i just export or convert with audacity. started recording some burps and editting them a bit but they lack the background gurgles of the default burps.

I have a pretty good converting site.
But how do I add/replace the sfx?
Turbotowns
???

Postby Jaybeezy » Wed May 29, 2019 4:08 am

So in the interest of game balance I wanted to bring something up. Every time I have the Imps as an AI faction in strategic, they ALWAYS do a good bit better than any other faction with the same AI level and similar capabilites, and are frequently the last ones standing aside from my own faction. Mind you, I have even seen a Basic AI (Legacy tactical) Imps with no vore capability with 2 villages and 8 mines obliterate a Basic AI (Legacy tactical) Lizards with no vore capability with 2 villages and 8 mines while simultaneously besting a Basic AI (Legacy Tactical) Wolves WITH vore capability with 2 villages and 8 mines. I have yet to see the Imps ever defeated by another faction without that faction having better AI and/or larger armies.
I'm pretty sure this has to do with "Astral Call." I think that the trait is all fine and good and I think it's a neat idea but I think it gives too much of an advantage for the Imps in AI vs AI battles. I don't think it should have a lower summon rate, but I do think units summoned with it should be a.)unable to do anything the turn they are summoned, b.) never equipped with good spells or advanced weapons, and c.) lower-level (for instance 1 level for every 25 levels of the summoning unit. This way they could still be of use but less of a game changer. What do you think?
Jaybeezy
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Wed May 29, 2019 4:30 am

Jaybeezy wrote:So in the interest of game balance I wanted to bring something up. Every time I have the Imps as an AI faction in strategic, they ALWAYS do a good bit better than any other faction with the same AI level and similar capabilites, and are frequently the last ones standing aside from my own faction. Mind you, I have even seen a Basic AI (Legacy tactical) Imps with no vore capability with 2 villages and 8 mines obliterate a Basic AI (Legacy tactical) Lizards with no vore capability with 2 villages and 8 mines while simultaneously besting a Basic AI (Legacy Tactical) Wolves WITH vore capability with 2 villages and 8 mines. I have yet to see the Imps ever defeated by another faction without that faction having better AI and/or larger armies.
I'm pretty sure this has to do with "Astral Call." I think that the trait is all fine and good and I think it's a neat idea but I think it gives too much of an advantage for the Imps in AI vs AI battles. I don't think it should have a lower summon rate, but I do think units summoned with it should be a.)unable to do anything the turn they are summoned, b.) never equipped with good spells or advanced weapons, and c.) lower-level (for instance 1 level for every 25 levels of the summoning unit. This way they could still be of use but less of a game changer. What do you think?

They ARE still a lower level, but not THAT low. XD
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Wed May 29, 2019 9:07 am

HOLY SHIT THE MONSTERS LEFT! All of of a sudden I noticed that my "allied" monsters weren't occupying my towns anymore! (Was it because I changed it eat all and move on?)
Turbotowns
???

Postby RichardDix » Wed May 29, 2019 11:59 am

Jaybeezy wrote:So in the interest of game balance I wanted to bring something up. Every time I have the Imps as an AI faction in strategic, they ALWAYS do a good bit better than any other faction with the same AI level and similar capabilites, and are frequently the last ones standing aside from my own faction. Mind you, I have even seen a Basic AI (Legacy tactical) Imps with no vore capability with 2 villages and 8 mines obliterate a Basic AI (Legacy tactical) Lizards with no vore capability with 2 villages and 8 mines while simultaneously besting a Basic AI (Legacy Tactical) Wolves WITH vore capability with 2 villages and 8 mines. I have yet to see the Imps ever defeated by another faction without that faction having better AI and/or larger armies.

I brought this same concern up before and even came to the same conclusion of the problem being "Astral Call", but after saying that, they were nerfed to help with this problem. Although I haven't had problems with them since then, I have also only been playing on a custom map I made, so I can't say they are balanced anywhere else, (but before the nerf they were able to take over every faction on the map, despite being given the handicap of having no allies). If the problem is still occurring, then I agree that they should either not spawn with advanced weaponry or magic, or their scaling should be tampered with, maybe their levels should be 1/2 to 2/3 of the summoner's level depending on how high the spawn chance is, (any lower and they risk being free exp and healing). Either should be fine to try out, but scaling their level may be a bit trickier, since they could be too powerful in the early game before balancing out with 2/3 and 1/2 might make them too weak in the late game.
Edit*
I'm not sure what the stats for the summoned imps are now or what the chance for them spawning is so if someone knows or knows how to check, I'm interested in seeing them.
RichardDix
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jaybeezy » Wed May 29, 2019 1:34 pm

RichardDix wrote:Although I haven't had problems with them since then, I have also only been playing on a custom map I made, so I can't say they are balanced anywhere else, (but before the nerf they were able to take over every faction on the map, despite being given the handicap of having no allies).

Interesting, what is it about your map that neutralizes this while it used to be more of a problem? Like, how is it laid out?
Jaybeezy
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Wed May 29, 2019 3:37 pm

At absurd enough levels(like 100), even 2/3 exp would still be free exp and healing practically.
Turbotowns
???

Postby RichardDix » Wed May 29, 2019 6:05 pm

Turbotowns wrote:At absurd enough levels(like 100), even 2/3 exp would still be free exp and healing practically.

That's what I was concerned about, the balance is more-or-less based on how many are spawned instead of the actual levels. If there is no cap to how many imps can spawn, then that means an army of 20 imps have a chance of turning into an army of 40 every time they enter battle, and even at level 66 or 50 they can be dangerous if enough spawn, even more so if the AI decides to attack the weakest enemies first, leaving the stronger ones to attack their distracted enemies freely.

I can't think of an easy way that the ability could be changed without rendering it near useless, overpowered, or making it aid the enemy more than you.

Jaybeezy wrote:Interesting, what is it about your map that neutralizes this while it used to be more of a problem? Like, how is it laid out?

My map has factions of 2 allied races in the North, South, East, West and Center, with 4 other races who are allied with no one in the corners. There are mountain and water tiles preventing every race from doing a head-on assault, forcing them to meet near the middle and fight, but the very center of the map is completely surrounded by water with bridges being used as the only way to and from the island, giving the faction there time to take out intruders before they make it off the bridge.

I've tweaked and changed it a lot in response to the imps, since they managed to take over the entire bottom and middle of the map without me noticing during two separate games (though it would have been noticed sooner if I wasn't screwing around at the top both times, trying to make super-soldiers by devouring my own villagers).
RichardDix
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Wed May 29, 2019 11:42 pm

RichardDix wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:At absurd enough levels(like 100), even 2/3 exp would still be free exp and healing practically.

That's what I was concerned about, the balance is more-or-less based on how many are spawned instead of the actual levels. If there is no cap to how many imps can spawn, then that means an army of 20 imps have a chance of turning into an army of 40 every time they enter battle, and even at level 66 or 50 they can be dangerous if enough spawn, even more so if the AI decides to attack the weakest enemies first, leaving the stronger ones to attack their distracted enemies freely.

Uhm... there IS a cap on the number, i think with an army of 32, the max we can get is 7(Aurilika said the formula was each imp adds 20% with 5, we get a guarantee summon, 30x5 equals 6, then with the last 2 we have a 40% chance for a 7th).

I was talking strength, the balance IS levels, doesn't matter if we got 32 spawned, if they are only lvl 50, while the enemy's lvl 100, they will be mere snacks.

Jaybeezy wrote:Interesting, what is it about your map that neutralizes this while it used to be more of a problem? Like, how is it laid out?

My map has factions of 2 allied races in the North, South, East, West and Center, with 4 other races who are allied with no one in the corners. There are mountain and water tiles preventing every race from doing a head-on assault, forcing them to meet near the middle and fight, but the very center of the map is completely surrounded by water with bridges being used as the only way to and from the island, giving the faction there time to take out intruders before they make it off the bridge.

I've tweaked and changed it a lot in response to the imps, since they managed to take over the entire bottom and middle of the map without me noticing during two separate games (though it would have been noticed sooner if I wasn't screwing around at the top both times, trying to make super-soldiers by devouring my own villagers).[/quote]

Your map sounds quite interesting. Would you be willing to provide a download?
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Thu May 30, 2019 10:37 am

Also, any chance for an ETA?
Turbotowns
???

Postby RichardDix » Thu May 30, 2019 1:36 pm

Well, I had a long message to send regarding the imp summon cap and the map, but the site logged me out and threw it in the garbage, so I'll summarize.

Easiest solution to the imp complaint would probably be to add a way for players to set the spawn chance, if enough people want it.

Map hasn't been updated since 21E and I haven't played the map properly since the imp nerf, so there may be problems. Please tell me if you find a problem and feel free to edit the map as you wish because I certainly don't mind. It's huge btw so set your movement to 8, and don't mind the awkward grass that fancy textures placed in the fire and ice areas. Also, I haven't figured out a good balance for how many armies should be allowed at a time, so maybe start at 8 (they have plenty of money to upgrade their villages with "extended buildings" on and are still able to fight) and keep increasing the limit until you are happy with how they are behaving.
Attachments
21e map.zip
(14.51 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
RichardDix
Somewhat familiar

Postby BigBellyVoreLuver » Thu May 30, 2019 10:23 pm

Hello! This is Anonymous_Equine again and I have updated the graphics of the equine's head model as it was the most noted part that needs updating. I thought that it would be good to get community input on them. If you have any thoughts or input, please reply or PM to let me know !
Base_head.png
Original head with fixed shading
Base_head.png (658 Bytes) Viewed 2391 times

Base_head_edit.png
Head with size adjustments
Base_head_edit.png (661 Bytes) Viewed 2393 times

Base_head_maw.png
Original head with open maw
Base_head_maw.png (708 Bytes) Viewed 2393 times

Base_head_maw_edit.png
Adjusted head with maw
Base_head_maw_edit.png (715 Bytes) Viewed 2393 times

I am going to be getting to added cutomization options as well in the near future and I will also be making some more costume options including a race specific themed costume and weapon skins like how the lamia have robes and the taurus have southern garb. I do not have a theme set in mind yet, so if anyone has ideas, please send them through. I will also take ideas for the customization options. Thank you !
BigBellyVoreLuver
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game