Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V09D

Postby ouphe » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:01 am

BUG REPORT:
It seems like the characters are all pulling their names from the female list, not gender-based.
I edited both the User Data version and the StreamingAssets version of the female + male lists, but the game is still naming all troops from the female list.

Edit:
Removing and re-adding lists, closing and reopening the game, etc seems to change it around somewhat, but the naming system either pulls from somewhere else in the files or gets confused about who/what it is naming.
ouphe
Participator

Postby Anesthetic » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:50 am

How are there no Bear girls in this game? Or Deer girls? Or Beer Girls?
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DollyFailFail » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:56 am

Hmm, questions.
    1. Is it possible to have sprites that are larger than a single tile(the unit doesn't actually have to take up multiple tiles of space, just have a larger sprite)? I ask because I have ideas I want to try out for the idea of faction specific units, but I might need to make some of them fairly large.

2. Is it/will it be possible to mod the game? I ask because there are races I want to make, but from what I understand you don't want to have too many more, and I wouldn't want to take up space with my ideas if people would want something else.

Also, with that sprite overlay thing, I think I might try to make some aesthetic changes to some of the races in the game. Just to make them more distinct from one another.

Edit:
Spoiler: show

Did this thing, it's a basic overlay sprite that is meant for the wolves(but can be used on any race with the default bodytype), which is intended to give them the appearance of having furred legs and forearms. It has variants for all leg sizes, and the color of this should obviously try to match the color of their tails and ears if possible.

At some point I might also separate my digitigrade legs I used for the lizards into their own sprite and edit them around a bit so they can be used for the bunnies.
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V09E

Postby Aurilika » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:04 am

09E Released, fixing the important issues mentioned here. There were a version that didn't fix the hiring panel that was up for a few minutes, so if you did manage to download that one, download it again.

09E:
Fix for hiring unit panel not working as expected (it was using an out of date unit panel, which caused it to not function)
Fix for names not pulling correctly from the files due to an oversight.
Fix for not being able to save in the other save slots
Fix for weightgain option not being properly saved with the saved game
Fix for resized maps in the map editor not scrolling properly
Last edited by Aurilika on Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby DollyFailFail » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:16 am

So any input on my questions then?
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:37 am

ouphe wrote:Would there be a way to display a kills/digests count on the character? Perhaps under the level and exp part of the stats?

Sure, I'll add that in.

Turbotowns wrote:And finally, being able to choose WHERE the map expands when we change it's size... XD
To the north is not very convenient for me, and I'm sure it won't be for others(if they design their maps the same way i do).
And... now I can't even scroll up past the initial (32x32) size! North or East...

...I hope I'm not coming off as too demanding, let me know if I need to ease up.

I fixed the scroll issue, and I'll add a way to change the expansion direction, that shouldn't be too hard.

Not at all, I love that people are taking this much of an interest in this.

GreenSlime wrote:Imptowns. I decided to experiment a bit with town colors, dunno if it'll work. If it works, though, I can do over the existing towns in this style.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Turbotowns wrote:What's "UX heavy" mean? XD

UX stands for user experience, so it would be the improved graphics and usability. Though it's possible I'm not using the term right.

ouphe wrote:BUG REPORT:
It seems like the characters are all pulling their names from the female list, not gender-based.

The actual bug was it reading males.txt and assigning it to males, and then reading females.txt and assigning it to males, so females would always use the default, and males would use the females.txt.

failbird105 wrote:Hmm, questions.
    1. Is it possible to have sprites that are larger than a single tile(the unit doesn't actually have to take up multiple tiles of space, just have a larger sprite)? I ask because I have ideas I want to try out for the idea of faction specific units, but I might need to make some of them fairly large.

2. Is it/will it be possible to mod the game? I ask because there are races I want to make, but from what I understand you don't want to have too many more, and I wouldn't want to take up space with my ideas if people would want something else.

Also, with that sprite overlay thing, I think I might try to make some aesthetic changes to some of the races in the game. Just to make them more distinct from one another.

Edit:

Did this thing, it's a basic overlay sprite that is meant for the wolves(but can be used on any race with the default bodytype), which is intended to give them the appearance of having furred legs and forearms. It has variants for all leg sizes, and the color of this should obviously try to match the color of their tails and ears if possible.

At some point I might also separate my digitigrade legs I used for the lizards into their own sprite and edit them around a bit so they can be used for the bunnies.

Yes, larger sprites are possible. The biggest issue would be deciding what sprites overlap when they are touching. If there's a clear rule, it's easy.

Modding is still partially up in the air. The only way I've found to use custom sprites is loading them in one at a time, and not using spritesheets, which makes it less practical, but still possible. I'm hoping to find, or have someone tell me a way to do a custom multiple sprite import in unity. May have to have people stick their own sprites in in unity, not sure.

I'll try testing out those on the wolf and see how it goes.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby DollyFailFail » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:43 am

Aurilika wrote:Yes, larger sprites are possible. The biggest issue would be deciding what sprites overlap when they are touching. If there's a clear rule, it's easy.

Modding is still partially up in the air. The only way I've found to use custom sprites is loading them in one at a time, and not using spritesheets, which makes it less practical, but still possible. I'm hoping to find, or have someone tell me a way to do a custom multiple sprite import in unity. May have to have people stick their own sprites in in unity, not sure.

I'll try testing out those on the wolf and see how it goes.

Alright, in that case I'm going to get to work on making some of my faction specific unit ideas.
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby LLEPAICG » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:13 pm

I know I'm late but THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the compliments and for adding my art into the game!
I've never thought something like this would ever happen. :-D
Now I can die in peace... just kidding I'm still trying to improve the look of the scylla girls. ^^
LLEPAICG
New to the forum

Postby GreenSlime » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:04 pm

So after testing weight gain, all the units seem to start in anorexic state which looks weird. And now that I look at it I realize how terribly my starting clothes (bikini/leotard) fit on the thinnest sprite. Yay more fixes!

But honestly I feel like six gradations is going overboard. Three variations (thin, normal, chubby) should be a decent variety. Of course, i'm not into weight gain, so I want to weign (ha) my opinion with other folks in here. Is it important to see gradual fattening or is post-battle "oh look all these enemies went straight into my hips" enough?

I'm asking this because I am currently in the process of drafting up the figures for updated sprites, see pic - yes, i know, i'm posting more drafts and "to be completed" here than actual content, it'll get better, I promise. I'll sprite up the trunks and a couple more articles of clothing before taking up this one in earnest.
Attachments
updated sprites - early draft.png
updated sprites - early draft.png (4.26 KiB) Viewed 1386 times
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:47 pm

GreenSlime wrote:So after testing weight gain, all the units seem to start in anorexic state which looks weird. And now that I look at it I realize how terribly my starting clothes (bikini/leotard) fit on the thinnest sprite. Yay more fixes!

But honestly I feel like six gradations is going overboard. Three variations (thin, normal, chubby) should be a decent variety. Of course, i'm not into weight gain, so I want to weign (ha) my opinion with other folks in here. Is it important to see gradual fattening or is post-battle "oh look all these enemies went straight into my hips" enough?

I'm asking this because I am currently in the process of drafting up the figures for updated sprites, see pic - yes, i know, i'm posting more drafts and "to be completed" here than actual content, it'll get better, I promise. I'll sprite up the trunks and a couple more articles of clothing before taking up this one in earnest.

Yeah, the clothes didn't even fit the figures. XD

It's only overboard if it's contained to a single fight! I'd love to be able to gradually fatten my girls up over a long game(For that, I think 6 isn't NEARLY enough).

At least it shows progress, better than being kept in the dark.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:59 pm

failbird105 wrote:2. Is it/will it be possible to mod the game? I ask because there are races I want to make, but from what I understand you don't want to have too many more, and I wouldn't want to take up space with my ideas if people would want something else.

I think they're pretty cool with plenty more races, maybe?
Turbotowns
???

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:40 pm

I'd just like the option to let all the characters be at a set weight. i liked the busty and full bodied former base appearance and now there's a lot of twigs.
Manually editting each solider in an army is a hassle and not the same, and i assume you can't do much for the garrisons.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:59 pm

GreenSlime wrote:So after testing weight gain, all the units seem to start in anorexic state which looks weird. And now that I look at it I realize how terribly my starting clothes (bikini/leotard) fit on the thinnest sprite. Yay more fixes!

Leotard still looks decent on thin, since the weight is only hips and down at at the moment.

One thing to keep in mind is that it is possible to use scaling to try and fill some of the in-between states in to some extent, naturally it probably wouldn't be of the same quality as actual sprites, but it is easier.

Turbotowns wrote:I think they're pretty cool with plenty more races, maybe?

That's probably in reference to my comment from a while back that I'd like to try to keep it under 12 races for the time being, of course plans are flexible, but any kind of sweeping graphical changes get harder as there are more races.

GramzonTheDragon wrote:I'd just like the option to let all the characters be at a set weight. i liked the busty and full bodied former base appearance and now there's a lot of twigs.
Manually editting each solider in an army is a hassle and not the same, and i assume you can't do much for the garrisons.

They should only be twigs if you have weight gain on, otherwise they should still be starting with the same size legs they've always had. Or did you just mean having everyone use the original default breast size?

I just realized there isn't a copy breast size to all units in army button for the customizer (obviously it would only affect females), so I'll stick that in.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby DollyFailFail » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:46 pm

Aurilika wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:I think they're pretty cool with plenty more races, maybe?

That's probably in reference to my comment from a while back that I'd like to try to keep it under 12 races for the time being, of course plans are flexible, but any kind of sweeping graphical changes get harder as there are more races.

Yeah, that's what I was referring to. In the end I decided to put making the faction specific units on hold for the reason of "I don't think I'm good enough at art to make a picture I'd be happy with", and realized that I am dumping way too many ideas into one of the factions I was thinking of for them to be feasible as of this point in the game, so I'm going to make a more basic version of them.

Edit: Tomorrow that is, when I'm hopefully a good bit more awake and have more time.
By the way, the faction is dolls, inspired by the Plain Doll from bloodborne, and some other characters from different sources. A lot of what's intended to make them unique is something that likely won't be able to be done in this version of the game.
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Katar » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:13 pm

I personally would love the gradual fattening up of my lady warriors. In my mind just the idea that the fatter warriors are the veterans due to many battles of hunger with their hated foes really helps me imagine the world. I'd love gradual weight gain, but in the moment is also good if it can't be done.

I do have to wonder, if I can ask is there an ETA on implementing the Imps because I don't want to start my next "grand campaign" until they've been thrown in because they seem like a really neat addition.

Also, I don't know if anyone really even cares but I'd love the wolves, bunnies, and fox towns to all get names of some kind aside from "wolf town 3" here are some of my suggestions for the names, I've sorted them by a semi-theme but feel free to pick and choose:

Town Name Suggestions:

Wolves:
----------
Civilized:
Pax Lupus –Capital
Fort Fang
Camp Claw
Wolfenburg
Pelt Keep
Lunar Palace
The Howling Castle

Uncivilized:
Tribe of the Moon –Capital
Tooth Tribe
The Howling Tribe
Blood Claw Tribe
The Gurgling Steppe
House of the Pack
Gnashing Hill
Wailing Gut Tribe
Famine’s End

----------
Foxes:
----------
Civilized:
Vulpeska- Capital
Foxsaw
Fennecow
Trickstadov
Caniska
Yelpitz

Uncivilized:
Trickster’s Den- Capital
Den of Cunning
Trapper’s Den
Valley of Deceit
Preyland [Think of how icy Greenland is. A trick to lure prey to town?]
Den of the Ruthless
Den of Gnarling

----------
Bunnies:
----------
Civilized:
Hoppington- Capital
Bunburg
Pawdale
Rabiton
Watership Down
Cottontail Cove
Lopdon –Could also be capital

Uncivilized/Prey:
The Warren –Capital
Tree Hollow
Hidden Haven
Sanctuary
Bunny Burrow
Underbrush Shelter
Felt Burrow
Carrot Burrow
[Any rabbit thing + burrow]
Last edited by Katar on Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Katar
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:28 pm

Katar wrote:I personally would love the gradual fattening up of my lady warriors. In my mind just the idea that the fatter warriors are the veterans due to many battles of hunger with their hated foes really helps me imagine the world. I'd love gradual weight gain, but in the moment is also good if it can't be done.

I do have to wonder, if I can ask is there an ETA on implementing the Imps because I don't want to start my next "grand campaign" until they've been thrown in because they seem like a really neat addition.

Also, I don't know if anyone really even cares but I'd love the wolves, bunnies, and fox towns to all get names of some kind aside from "wolf town 3" here are some of my suggestions for the names, I've sorted them by a semi-theme but feel free to pick and choose:

The pieces of that system will slowly come together. Right now it's pretty basic, affecting only leg size and breasts, with 6 levels, one for each unit eaten, and only for the races that have the default legs.

I'm probably going to release the next version on Thursday evening. I've got 14 things on my list that I'd hope to get in there, but we'll see how much I can get done. Some of those are just quick minor things though. I'm more likely to drop things from the list than delay the version, unless I'm in the middle of a bigger task. Edit: I realized I didn't really answer your question. I should clarify that the imps will be in that version, unless I run into some unexpected major hurdle

The names are good, I've mentioned a couple times that I was hoping someone would come up with some names for them. Thank you. I'll get them into the next version.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:17 pm

Map save overwrite doesn't work.
And outright normal saving too.

Weird, I was able to save my map in the original version...

Okay... saving while ingame(not menu), DOES work.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:53 pm

Turbotowns wrote:Map save overwrite doesn't work.
And outright normal saving too.

Weird, I was able to save my map in the original version...

Okay... saving while ingame(not menu), DOES work.

Hmm. Did you happen to download the version that was up for like 4 minutes this morning before I realized I'd made a mistake and not actually fixed the save bug in V09E and removed it from the internet? I didn't change the version number because it didn't occur to me while I was rushing around, and I thought I was fast enough before anyone had downloaded it. I fixed the savegame issue and foolishly did not test it, and there was a second issue with it that I rapidly fixed. There was some issue with the map editor not saving right that I fixed at the same time. The easiest way to check is if the hiring panel bug is still in there where it fails to create the panel and just grays out the screen. If it's still there, its the older version.

While double checking I did run across an issue that's still there. If you load an old savegame (that doesn't have 9 races), then go back to the main menu, then open the map editor, you can't place villages properly. Also found one where if you load a large map, the camera doesn't automatically have the ability to scroll all the way out unless you resize the map to its current size.
Last edited by Aurilika on Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby lapraslunch » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:10 am

Ah! Always nice to see a project return from the dead~ :D (Tbh, I wish more of the old abandoned games would get picked up by others like this, but oh well~)

And I have to say, this game has definitely grown quite a bit since I last saw it~ It's much more fun in it's current state as well~ I'm eager to see how it continues to grow and evolve over time. :) Hopefully other vore-types get added in later on~ Would love to see UB and CV appear in the game. <3
lapraslunch
Somewhat familiar

Postby GreenSlime » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:15 am

So here are the trunks sprites for all leg sizes, as well as discarded sprite.

I also fixed bikini bottom to make it fit all leg sizes.

I also got an idea and a way to include certain popular monstergirl choices without making a whole new faction. it's probably an idea best left to later updates since it depends on some things currently not present in the game.

Wandering monsters. These are AI-controlled solitary units with high stats that attack passing by armies and villages nearby. They do not capture villages, they eat a portion of population then wander off. These monsters could give a mountain of experience (and more than a few casualties) to your army or you could even recruit them (beastmaster class?). If a unit manages to eat a monster (and this shouldn't be easy - each monster should take place of at least 5 normal units in stomach) unit could get a massive stat boost or even an unique ability.
Attachments
trunks.png
trunks.png (4.27 KiB) Viewed 1252 times
GreenSlime
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game