Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V38H

Postby Panzershark » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:23 pm

I’ve been meaning to ask, is there a way to access the town/village names in order to add to—or I guess change—them? When playing much larger games, especially with abandoned villages on, you can start to come across "Bunnies Town 10" and "Cats Town 12" a lot, so I was wondering if players could add to it on their end, just like for names, custom events, and army names/titles.

I seem to remember being able to see all the town names at one point back when I played on Mac a while ago, but haven’t seen it since. Going back, I think I misremembered that for one time I tried to see all the town names by making a couple massive strategic games, and it never was actually accessible.

If is/was a real function at one point, I would like to ask for directions as to how to find it—it seems to not be in UserData, but maybe it’s somewhere else? If not, I guess I would ask for that to be a feature, if at all possible (it could be potentially way more work than you are willing to put into the game at this point). It would help round out large games, since while you can rename the villages, you have to do that over and over again for each game. Thank you very much!
Hello there! For those interested here is the current listing for my bots for C.AI:
viewtopic.php?p=2984781#p2984781
Panzershark
Participator

Re: Vore War V38H

Postby Aurilika » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:47 pm

Panzershark wrote:I’ve been meaning to ask, is there a way to access the town/village names in order to add to—or I guess change—them? When playing much larger games, especially with abandoned villages on, you can start to come across "Bunnies Town 10" and "Cats Town 12" a lot, so I was wondering if players could add to it on their end, just like for names, custom events, and army names/titles.

I seem to remember being able to see all the town names at one point back when I played on Mac a while ago, but haven’t seen it since. Going back, I think I misremembered that for one time I tried to see all the town names by making a couple massive strategic games, and it never was actually accessible.

If is/was a real function at one point, I would like to ask for directions as to how to find it—it seems to not be in UserData, but maybe it’s somewhere else? If not, I guess I would ask for that to be a feature, if at all possible (it could be potentially way more work than you are willing to put into the game at this point). It would help round out large games, since while you can rename the villages, you have to do that over and over again for each game. Thank you very much!

I don't think there's a way at the moment, short of modifying the source. I'm not sure if I'll take a stab at that, or not, it's possible if the mood strikes me.

38I released, fixing a larger scale exception, and an issue that was brought to my attention.

38I:
Fixed up the system for monster allies. It used to take effect only at the beginning of the game, and changing monster teams mid-game had no effect because monster relations were effectively frozen once they were needed, now you can change it and it takes effect instantly, hopefully with no side effects.
Fixed a major exception where you could not leave the content settings screen when a certain option was enabled.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V38I

Postby AssumedPseudonym » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:19 am

Graphical error on the inset display regarding raptors and oral vore. Also, apparently there is no belly sprite for compy. Cock vore seems to work correctly for both.

EDIT: Ack. This was 38F. I somehow missed several updates and don’t know if that was fixed in them or not. x.@
Attachments
Screenshot at 2022-06-07 04-37-17.png
Screenshot at 2022-06-07 04-37-17.png (20.45 KiB) Viewed 5891 times
 Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
AssumedPseudonym
---

Postby Aurilika » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:23 pm

AssumedPseudonym wrote: Graphical error on the inset display regarding raptors and oral vore. Also, apparently there is no belly sprite for compy. Cock vore seems to work correctly for both.

EDIT: Ack. This was 38F. I somehow missed several updates and don’t know if that was fixed in them or not. x.@

That wasn't fix, and after taking a quick look at it, it's not really an easy fix. The issue is a combination of the ui sprites working slightly differently than the in-game sprites, and the fact that the whole body is offset upwards when it has prey. Most things I could do to fix that risk breaking things for other sprites, so that one I'm just going to leave.

The compy not having belly sprites is intentional, as they are incapable of performing oral vore normally. So I think the only way they could end up with oral prey is through changing the race of a unit with something in it's stomach.

38J released, fixing a major issue I'd accidentally introduced from another fix.

38J:
Fixed a major exception I'd accidentally created when fixing the monster allies bit that prevented you from modifying the content settings window mid-game.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby AssumedPseudonym » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:22 am

Aurilika wrote:…I think the only way they could end up with oral prey is through changing the race of a unit with something in it's stomach.

Having CV disabled will also do the trick.
 Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
AssumedPseudonym
---

Re: Vore War V38J

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:23 pm

So many updates since I last checked! And since it's been more than a month since the last post, I assume there are no game breaking bugs I need to worry about! XD
Turbotowns
???

Postby veteraniu » Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:42 am

Since there are so many diffrent races, did you think of special species' alliances - for example: Amphibians;Scylla, Sharks, Merfolk, Frogs, etc. A rare event that happens when player as a race (for example-Bees) allies with the rest of its kind (Bees, Ants and Driders make The Chitin Confederacy, or The Insectoid Imperium) and gets some minor or major advantages. Wanted to throw the idea out there. Anyways great game, been since kangaroos were added
veteraniu
New to the forum

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:37 pm

veteraniu wrote:Since there are so many diffrent races, did you think of special species' alliances - for example: Amphibians;Scylla, Sharks, Merfolk, Frogs, etc. A rare event that happens when player as a race (for example-Bees) allies with the rest of its kind (Bees, Ants and Driders make The Chitin Confederacy, or The Insectoid Imperium) and gets some minor or major advantages. Wanted to throw the idea out there. Anyways great game, been since kangaroos were added

I definitely have.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Vola » Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:17 am

You are a genius and i love the game. It is very complete, customizations are great when it comes to gameplay parameters, map changes and characters sprite that allows you to create many unique appearances.
My favorite races are Humans, Driders, Lamias and Dewsprites (because gigantic booba go brr)

Thans a lot, i hope there will be an update at some point
Vola
Been posting for a bit

Postby Sheights » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:23 pm

Can someone point me in the direction where to figure out how to do color palettes?
Sheights
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SEMER » Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:09 am

BrokenCliffs, snowTrees, snowMountain tiles are not visable when using Display Simple Tiles on Map Editor.

The Trait DefensiveStance does not work (Hit chance remains the same.).

Female Vipers that have breast vored other units causes male Vipers chest clothing to disappear when hovering over them. Herm Vipers that have breast vored other units causes male Vipers chest clothing to disappear.

Giving a Race the SenseWeakness Trait through the Race Editor (Gender) will also give the Gender the Weak Trait.
SEMER
New to the forum

Postby HealthyBanana » Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:18 am

I think the adding traits to genders is not working correctly. I think the female slot is applying to Herms as well. I tried Titanic on Herms and colossal on females and it applied only colossal to both. Then I tried getting rid of the colossal from the females and Titanic and colossal did not work for Herms. I haven't tried much else sry.
HealthyBanana
New to the forum

Postby AssVFanatic » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:38 pm

How would i get this running on ubuntu? The file says i have nothing for executables
AssVFanatic
New to the forum

Postby ObsidianSnake » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:01 am

ThiccPred wrote:How would i get this running on ubuntu? The file says i have nothing for executables

To be sure we're on the same page, I'm going to walk through the entire thing, so you may have done 1-3:
1. Extract the files to their own directory of your choosing.
2. Navigate to that directory.
3. Locate the item "VoreWar". This should be of the application type, around 27 megs in size.
4. KEY STEP!!! Set the permissions to run as an executable in the easiest method for you. For example, right-click the icon, Properties, the Permissions tab, and then check the box in the line "Execute: Allow executing this item as program"

If this works, you can launch from this executable from now on. It'll remember the permission you gave it.
If you have some time to burn, check out my gallery for some stories!
ObsidianSnake
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vore War V39

Postby Aurilika » Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:53 pm

Vola wrote:You are a genius and i love the game. It is very complete, customizations are great when it comes to gameplay parameters, map changes and characters sprite that allows you to create many unique appearances.
My favorite races are Humans, Driders, Lamias and Dewsprites (because gigantic booba go brr)

Thans a lot, i hope there will be an update at some point

Glad you're enjoying it!

SEMER wrote:BrokenCliffs, snowTrees, snowMountain tiles are not visable when using Display Simple Tiles on Map Editor.

The Trait DefensiveStance does not work (Hit chance remains the same.).

Female Vipers that have breast vored other units causes male Vipers chest clothing to disappear when hovering over them. Herm Vipers that have breast vored other units causes male Vipers chest clothing to disappear.

Giving a Race the SenseWeakness Trait through the Race Editor (Gender) will also give the Gender the Weak Trait.

Okay, I addressed 3 of those, but I couldn't seem to replicate the issues you were having with viper clothing. I tried having one breast vore prey of various sizes but it didn't seem to affect anyone else no matter what I did.

HealthyBanana wrote:I think the adding traits to genders is not working correctly. I think the female slot is applying to Herms as well. I tried Titanic on Herms and colossal on females and it applied only colossal to both. Then I tried getting rid of the colossal from the females and Titanic and colossal did not work for Herms. I haven't tried much else sry.

Fixed this.

Micadi approached me with a new race, so I figured I'd go ahead and fix up a few bugs while I included it.

39:
Added the Vargul race by Micadi.
Added updated human sprites by Micadi and GreenSlime. There may still be a few more outfits for them in the future. - Existing humans in strategic mode will randomize their appearance, since the range of options has greatly changed and doesn't match what was there before.
Fixed some text related bugs
The game will now temporarily pause if an empire asks you about peace or alliance, so that they wait to take their turn until you reply, rather than starting it while the popup is there and potentially attacking you.
The Weak trait has been renamed to the WeakAttack trait to avoid issues where weak would be added at the same time as SenseWeakness in the race editor or content settings.
Fixed some tiles not showing up correctly when simple tiles was enabled in the map editor.
Fixed/Changed so that any nonbinary genders get the herm traits. It had some fancier logic that often resulted in the herm traits being completely unused depending on your game settings, so it was adjusted.
Fixed being able to see the flag for far away villages in fog. Also added an option to set how many tiles you can see in fog.
Fixed a longstanding bug where the create tactical game gave way too many defender spell books (1% was 100%)
Fixed a bug where melee AI wouldn't attack properly if the unit was at the maximum movement distance away.
Fixed the defensive stance trait. It was somehow incredibly broken, with the defensive bonus not being functional, and the vore defense always applying even when moved, and based on whether the attacker still had mp instead of the defender. The defense issues and the wrong vore target probably date to the combat rework, but the vore defense always being active was probably there the whole time.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby SEMER » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:15 am

snowTrees, ice tile use the Open Field Tactical map when combat takes place on it.

It's not possable to see DewSprite, DarkSwallower, FeralFrogs, FeralLizards, FeralWolves, RockSlugs, SpitterSlugs, SpringSlug, WarriorAnts, info popup (Right of the unit level).
SEMER
New to the forum

Postby SquishySofty » Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:13 pm

I was wondering if there's a file path to where the global content settings are made. It's just in case if I've made a mistake or if I want to check the older versions without breaking the newer versions. ^^;
Game Developer (With Godot Engine) and Sprite artist/animator ❤
❤ Maria best chunky girl~ ❤
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Shadowlyger » Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:51 pm

I seem to have lost track of the option that lets you see how far a given unit can move, where'd that go?

EDIT: Found it
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby FalklandsAfflunence » Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:03 pm

Quick question, can the new human graphics be toggle-able? Nothing against the newer ones I just prefer the older sprite sheet.
FalklandsAfflunence
New to the forum

Postby keirons13 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:32 pm

Hello there long time lurker was wondering if there any mods for this game I understand if there isnt any but was curious if there are any as it's a good game and honestly love playing it
Hope I'm not asking to much I'm just curious >~>
keirons13
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game