Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V22H

Postby DisguisedQQ » Sat May 18, 2019 12:39 am

Sometimes garrisons getting artifical cap, limiting possibility to protect town with using specific units (17/29 defenders with 29 armed special units). Doesn't affect "buy garrison weapons" option, it's possible to get normal limit by this (29/29). It's kinda rare bug, getting it like every 3-4 games.
Also about dragons, if they supposed to be like bosses, why not to forbid them to breed/repopulate like current faction leaders are? This way they'll repopulate with kobolds which isn't broken and would make sence since dragons so greedy, i doubt they'll live in communnas and share with others...
Monsters doesn't seems to be able to use garrisons since garrison size for monsters set to zero by default.
DisguisedQQ
Been posting for a bit

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Sat May 18, 2019 10:42 pm

DisguisedQQ wrote:Sometimes garrisons getting artifical cap, limiting possibility to protect town with using specific units (17/29 defenders with 29 armed special units). Doesn't affect "buy garrison weapons" option, it's possible to get normal limit by this (29/29). It's kinda rare bug, getting it like every 3-4 games.
Also about dragons, if they supposed to be like bosses, why not to forbid them to breed/repopulate like current faction leaders are? This way they'll repopulate with kobolds which isn't broken and would make sence since dragons so greedy, i doubt they'll live in communnas and share with others...
Monsters doesn't seems to be able to use garrisons since garrison size for monsters set to zero by default.

Monsters that take and hold towns don't form garrisons by default, they just recruit enough to refill their army. Garrisoning can make it almost impossible to take back a monster city so its a separate option than take and hold. the reason it probably repopulates dragons is beause it's a dragon army, not a kobold army, and if they lose the dragon they kinda want to get that back, but really neither solution restores back to 1 dragon and many kobolds either way .

Edit: dragons when they burp or swallow a unit now have their belly jump up numerous pixels in position during the animation of sorts which loos really weird as the bugle shifts up over their chest. it only aligns properly if the dragon is monumentally stuffed to get around max belly sprite size where it seems like the paws rest on the swollen edges.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Delt » Sun May 19, 2019 2:08 am

can Ki even cockvore anything? the message text feels like a copout.
Delt
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Sun May 19, 2019 3:28 am

Delt wrote:can Ki even cockvore anything? the message text feels like a copout.

I juts tried it, an it gave an interesting message...
Spoiler: show
kicok.png

A little weird, since I tried it on cake, and those are a massive 30! The only things bigger are Selicia(who you can see I also got)... and dragons. Even Vision and Scorch there are only 16 and 24 respectively.

Also... is the pounce range SUPPOSED to look like this?
pounce.png

Also, I keep removing soft body from a few unique slimes, but it keeps coming back.

And could I get a full rundown on what Divine Bloodlines does? So that I know exactly what's going on? This IS a tactical game after all, knowing the statistical changes is vital.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Xidas » Sun May 19, 2019 5:23 am

Just tested, apparently he can only cockvore Selicia. Probably only has a cockvore sprite for her.
Xidas
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aurilika » Sun May 19, 2019 10:51 pm

vintious wrote:Wish there was a 'Knock-out' alternative to killing/surrenders that renders them unable to fight until they fully recover, with them being auto-vored along with their side if they lose. A

That's basically what the auto-surrender toggle is unless I'm misinterpreting something (or you meant that it would be optional)

dddddd2 wrote:Btw, it seems like the Dragon only shows their special belly sprite for Selicia only when they're very full. Is this intentional?

That is a bug that will be fixed in the next version.

Turbotowns wrote:Scrubs DEFINITELY digest WAY too fast, I'm trying to feed 1 lvl 100 dragon(or ANY unit), 100 lvl 1 basic bitches, but the belly can't maintain itself. I need to give the dragy LightningSpeed so they can eat multiple in one turn(And HOT DAMN, a dragon eating SEVERAL units in one turn).

Also... I've found a limit to the text on the left, I briefly thought that even THESE units we're digesting too fast, as I only saw several, but the dragon was at max visual capacity... then I reduced the combat log(which btw seems to have become misaligned)... and saw the names trailing off into the ether. XD

There's likely to be some changes to the way vore works in 23, at least to the extent of making digestion speed not scale as ridiculously fast with level.
The combat log being off position is due to me compacting it a little bit by request so it took up slightly less of the screen, but I didn't try resizing it so it was probably dropping it at the old position. Also, I'll clamp that text to the window like it should be.

DisguisedQQ wrote:Offensive spells doesn't cooperate with kill counter.

Okay, I'll fix that, at least for direct damage spells, the damage over time from pyre is likely to not be counted though, as that would require additional tracking and actual deaths from that should be fairly unlikely.

Randulf wrote:Is there currently AI for dragons to eat their own kobolds? Seeing as they have the ability to eat allies and kobolds being able to respawn it seems like that was the plan but I haven't seen it happen yet

There's no AI for that yet (I'd actually kind of forgotten kobolds had the replacement trait, so it would probably make sense if they got at least some use of it)

Turbotowns wrote:low leveled slime eats dragon... SOMEHOW(it wasn't shrunk, it WAS surrendered with 1 health though)
the dragon's partially digested and it's STILL over capacity!
OH WAIT! I resumed the game, and the slime got a few buffs before the fight ended, I couldn't see what they were though!

It's possible that was just from the buffs, but I'll look into it. (Also, it probably makes sense to give prey an escape boost if the pred is over capacity.)

Turbotowns wrote:AH! We could make the replaceable traits have, like, the bonus effect, of drawing the cruel hunger to them(if they're close enough, and the vore chance is above 50%, even if a closer ally's vore chance is 100%, the replaceable one will act like a lightning rod(provided the AI would even ATTEMPT to vore them in the first place))!
Well Auri? Thoughts?

I'm disinclined to have units with that kind of autonomous random order because it feels like it would be frustrating more often than it would be interesting, but I'll keep it in mind.

Turbotowns wrote:Erm... with cruel... Amber can't vore pounce the enemies... (I assume it's because I gave her cruel, greedy too)
OH WAIT! I moved an allied unit that was in the way and now I can vore pounce them...
Erm... shouldn't pounce work OVER other units?

It should always work on any unit 2 to 4 tiles away, unless there's no free space around the target.

Mrdestructo479 wrote:Quick question:

Are dragons gonna be a playable race? It'd be super interesting to have the race's leader as a different race as their "minions".

Possibly, though they may not be playable in the same way as a normal race.

DisguisedQQ wrote:Sometimes garrisons getting artifical cap, limiting possibility to protect town with using specific units (17/29 defenders with 29 armed special units). Doesn't affect "buy garrison weapons" option, it's possible to get normal limit by this (29/29). It's kinda rare bug, getting it like every 3-4 games.

I'll check into garrison issues and see if I can find anything. Monsters are supposed to not field garrisons unless you also have the actual monster conquest option that mentions garrisons. Honestly them repopulating with dragons is because I wanted the race to use the dragon name, but then I didn't want to risk exceptions by having them populate with a race that's not their actual race (That's why I just threw in the warning about it being powerful in the changelog). That will likely be optional in the next patch.

GramzonTheDragon wrote:Edit: dragons when they burp or swallow a unit now have their belly jump up numerous pixels in position during the animation of sorts which loos really weird as the bugle shifts up over their chest. it only aligns properly if the dragon is monumentally stuffed to get around max belly sprite size where it seems like the paws rest on the swollen edges.

Will get that fixed.

He can only cockvore Selicia. I'm not completely sure if that was just a lack of sprites, or if the creator wanted it to be that way. I put in the bigger target message as a way to sort of explain it without outright saying "Can only target Selicia". I didn't think to update it now that there's a target bigger than her, so I'll get that corrected.

Turbotowns wrote:Also... is the pounce range SUPPOSED to look like this?
Also, I keep removing soft body from a few unique slimes, but it keeps coming back.
And could I get a full rundown on what Divine Bloodlines does? So that I know exactly what's going on? This IS a tactical game after all, knowing the statistical changes is vital.

That looks right to me, every target that's 2, 3, 4 tiles away that's not completely surrounded has the red to-hit number. As for the odds, I'm assuming that unit is just way underleveled. It is slightly odd that it shows odds for friendlies, but I'm guessing the slime has the cruel trait)
I need to program in a way to let it know that a removed trait is supposed to be removed (there's times where it refreshes them from the race definition, like between versions, just in case the race had additional traits added). Added traits are already handled separately so that they stay but removed traits didn't occur to me at the time.
Divine bloodline (put in spoiler tag just because it's kind of long)
Unit takes 25% Acid Damage
Unit takes no damage from first 5 turns of digestion;
Unit takes 75% damage in general
Unit heals in villages 10x faster,
+2 attacks per turn of any type
+3 bonus to all stats on level up,
+7 bonus to 2 random stats on level up
can pick any stat on level up
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Mon May 20, 2019 12:43 am

Aurilika wrote:Divine bloodline (put in spoiler tag just because it's kind of long)
Unit takes 25% Acid Damage
Unit takes no damage from first 5 turns of digestion;
Unit takes 75% damage in general
Unit heals in villages 10x faster,
+2 attacks per turn of any type
+3 bonus to all stats on level up,
+7 bonus to 2 random stats on level up
can pick any stat on level up

Niceu!~
Turbotowns
???

Postby Panth » Mon May 20, 2019 3:12 am

Okay, I keep seeing names like Selicia, Amber, Ki, etc being mentioned. Who or what are these entities?
Panth
New to the forum

Postby GrayLotus » Mon May 20, 2019 3:14 am

Panth wrote:Okay, I keep seeing names like Selicia, Amber, Ki, etc being mentioned. Who or what are these entities?

They're special mercenaries you can hire from the mercenary houses on the map. Only one of each can exist on the map at a time, so you can't have 2 Selicia's for example.
GrayLotus
Somewhat familiar

Postby Xidas » Mon May 20, 2019 6:35 am

I have a few suggestions for how dragons could work as a playable race, if you're considering making them different from the standard races.

Since dragons are disproportionately powerful compared to standard units, avoiding them forming the population of villages might be a good idea for balance. Thus, it would make sense for the 'normal' population be kobolds. This leaves the question of how a dragon faction would recruit more dragons.

Well, I personally think that the devour mechanic doesn't really serve much purpose at the moment. Sure it's nice for heals, but most of the time it's better to geal your armies normally to avoid losing income. One way it could have more utility is if you had to sacrifice a chunk of your population to recruit certain powerful units.

Say you had to feed 20 of your population to the dragon, on top of the gold. That way they not only have a gold cost, they also have an impact on strategy. Might make population growth worth investing in.

It also makes sense, because dragons are greedy and would really have no qualms about eating a bunch of lesser races.
Xidas
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Mon May 20, 2019 12:08 pm

GrayLotus wrote:
Panth wrote:Okay, I keep seeing names like Selicia, Amber, Ki, etc being mentioned. Who or what are these entities?

They're special mercenaries you can hire from the mercenary houses on the map. Only one of each can exist on the map at a time, so you can't have 2 Selicia's for example.

Except Amber, who's my personal normal unit made special. She's just a normal slime with cheated in traits, to be better than the rest.

Xidas wrote:Well, I personally think that the devour mechanic doesn't really serve much purpose at the moment. Sure it's nice for heals, but most of the time it's better to geal your armies normally to avoid losing income. One way it could have more utility is if you had to sacrifice a chunk of your population to recruit certain powerful units.

Also, a good purpose of the devour function is the wipe the population of a village to dismiss a certain mercenary or monster unit(like Succubus or Dragon), to get a village of that race.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Randulf » Mon May 20, 2019 12:38 pm

You could also devour an enemy village for a quick heal or if you know it will be retaken you could ruin its population for the enemy
Randulf
Somewhat familiar

Goblin Village & Diplomacy Changes (& Reproduction per UB)

Postby Tilalumtar » Mon May 20, 2019 2:13 pm

Goblin Village & Diplomacy Changes

A Village for the Goblins

Instead of just having some caravans, I would really enjoy the goblins to have atleast 1 Village.
The Village maybe offers new Items, such as accessoires or even weapons (, though I would enjoy another race dealing with special weapons, or with weapons at all).
The Caravan only partly offers, what the Village/City of the Goblins offers. And the City itself even has more rare and Special items.
The Goblins would be a neutral, or better: friendly race to everyone (but easily turn hostile, if you attack them, of Course).

If you are arriving at the Caravan or the City/Village, then you have the Options "Trade", "Attack" or "Diplomacy" (I will talk about the diplomacy option later). These Options provide the Player to decide between attacking and even distinguishing them, or just trading.

So they are a happy, trading and wandering folk. But I would like them to be smaller. Smaller than the imps. Not hilariously small, but just a bit less in height. Really small predators, so to speak.

That's the small idea, but only a bit developed, though.

Changing the way Diplomacy works

I believe that the Diplomacy is still being worked on and that it awaits many changes.
I still want to tell you my opinion, of Course:

The Diplomacy would still be listet in the "Empire"-Tab, but you may not interact with the different nations through it.
You now can recruit one Diplomat in each of your cities or you just create a army out of one Person which then doesn't get attacked. You can interact with (only) the capitals of the other nations and give them Items, Money, etc. to better the relationships.

That's also a Little idea I had and would like to see in the game. Though it's also not developed well enough :).

By the way

I have read the comment a while ago, about the "hunger"-Idea (Eating the enemies to Keep your troops above a Saturation variable so they can travel without starving and stuff).
Please make it an optional Thing. I wouldn't like it ingame as it doesn't fit well, I Think. Only my Opinion, though. (Let it be able to toggle it on or off)

ALSO: REPRODUCTION

Reproduction per Unbirth or Cockvore!

If you have a male (or herm) Character of the same race like a female (or herm with both genitals) character which unbirthed atleast 3 People, then those two can within the normal 1 Block Range interact with eachother. Have sex (please include the Scenes and animations for that xD).
Same the other way around. Male or Herm Characters which cock vored atleast 3 People can also have sex with a female or again herm character with both genitals.

The bellies and sacks etc. will of course shrink like the digestion, then after or while the match you will have another ally freshly created! :P

(If there is ever an childhood - adulthood Function in this game, this would apply to that form of reproduction).

My Ideas Guys!!
Let me know what you think! :)
I am in love with history and humans in general.
Hope that provides enough information to understand my mindset. Thank you. I like you. Have a nice day.
Tilalumtar
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheSadisticGod » Mon May 20, 2019 5:48 pm

Hello there, it's me again. I thought it would be nice if there were an option to eat your teammates, or have them offer themselves. I'm not exactly sure how this would really be implemented, but I thought it might be cool to see something along those lines.

Maybe you eat a teammate at low health to make sure the enemy can't eat them, something like that.

Maybe if you choose to eat a teammate, and they escape, they would become an enemy, as I doubt they would appreciate being nommed out of nowhere by their ally.

On the flip side, maybe you could have your teammate offer themselves as food to another teammate, negating that risk, but gaining no experience from it, or something similar. (maybe even some nice fluff text about it)

It's not particularly helpful, but it just seemed like an option that would be nice to have in certain situations.

Just my opinion though, tell me what you think!
TheSadisticGod
New to the forum

Postby Delt » Mon May 20, 2019 6:44 pm

I see it's possible for npc civs to hire mercenaries, but what's preventing them from hiring special mercs?
Delt
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Mon May 20, 2019 7:48 pm

Delt wrote:I see it's possible for npc civs to hire mercenaries, but what's preventing them from hiring special mercs?

You hiring them first? XD

Nemzio wrote:Hello there, it's me again. I thought it would be nice if there were an option to eat your teammates, or have them offer themselves. I'm not exactly sure how this would really be implemented, but I thought it might be cool to see something along those lines.

Maybe you eat a teammate at low health to make sure the enemy can't eat them, something like that.

Maybe if you choose to eat a teammate, and they escape, they would become an enemy, as I doubt they would appreciate being nommed out of nowhere by their ally.

On the flip side, maybe you could have your teammate offer themselves as food to another teammate, negating that risk, but gaining no experience from it, or something similar. (maybe even some nice fluff text about it)

It's not particularly helpful, but it just seemed like an option that would be nice to have in certain situations.

Just my opinion though, tell me what you think!

There already two methods, but by the sounds of it, they aren't really what you're going for.

The 1st method is to surrender with the unit you want to be prey, giving allies the ability to eat them and guarantee a 100% vore(though they won't be able to escape, even if regurgitate friendlies is on).

and the 2ed method is the "cruel" trait which allows the unit with it to attempt to eat allies like they can with the regular enemies(but there's no repercussions to that).
Turbotowns
???

Postby MrBlackFurry » Mon May 20, 2019 9:51 pm

I really would like to play with another races that are playables only as mercenaries such as tigers or sucubus, could you put them in the race chooser please? and what about lions and goblins or sharks ?
MrBlackFurry
New to the forum

Postby Jaybeezy » Mon May 20, 2019 10:15 pm

It's even better than before, especially with spells and diplomacy, and I love the new variety of sounds. There is one major request/input from me though:
I think this game needs a water/ocean-themed update, with new content relating to water and specifically oceans.

New Races: Mermaids, Sharks (anthropomorphized like the lizards), Crabs/Lobsters/Crustaceans
Scylla would also be able to be present
Mermaids and Sharks would be exclusive to maps made of the following new materials...

New Map materials: Seafloor (1 MP), Trench (impassable), Kelp (2 MP), Coral Reef (2 MP), Underwater Mountain (impassable)
These map materials could not be present at the same time as those already in the game; it would be a different type of map where land-based races couldn't exist
Land map materials: Tributary/Stream (2 MP, to help make rivers start less abruptly), Tropical Forest (2 MP)

New weapons: Spear for land, trident for water (high accuracy, low damage), Coral club to replace mace underwater, clamshell axe to replace axe underwater, bows could stay the same

Misc. additions/changes: Different water tile types can touch rather than having a line of grass between them, for instance a river flowing into a swamp. Also, premade maps for the user to use or edit as they wish
Misc. unimportant effects: Only swimsuits or nude on underwater maps, different log messages underwater, different or no burp sounds underwater (what air would they have swalllowed?)

But, MORE IMPORTANTLY THAN ALL THIS COMBINED, Ships. And I don't mean adding a detailed naval combat mode, I just mean something to help troops get across the ocean.
-Build Docks in village that has a least one farm tile or the village itself touching a water tile
-Build ship (perhaps a couple sizes with different capacities, maybe the smallest can go up rivers)
-Put troops on ship with feature similar to "exchange units"
-Sail to unattached land
-Ships function as armies strategically and they can move to one another to start battles
-Battles at sea consist of two ship decks joined with a few gangplanks, troops on each fight the other just like a normal battle, defeated ship disappears afterward

Other things that I personally would like to see added to the game at some point if the game can support them:
-A rarely-useful multiplayer mode where you could play against someone over the internet, provided there was someone to play with in the first place.
-Singleplayer campaigns with a specific map and scripted events, such as a human one where you fight the nonhumans or a cats vs dogs conflict on a massive scale.
-A few more optional sounds, such as Pain Noise When Injured, Footsteps During Movement, Content Sigh After Eating, Digesting, and Absorbing, etc.
-Swallowing animations so the player sees the predator grab the prey and stuff them into their mouth.
-More customizable map generation such as %forests swamps and hills, %mountains, whether or not water/land is grouped together, etc.
-Option where using Devour lets you watch an up close, higher-res version of your character sprites eating and digesting villagers. Like vore in a battle but meant for watching up close.

There's my 2 cents. Loving it so far!
Jaybeezy
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Mon May 20, 2019 11:55 pm

Units with the cruel trait, even though they can't attack allies(like normal melee or ranged attack, and the melee pounce), with the keyboard inputs, or clicking the button onscreen, if we right click on an ally we CAN attack them. DON'T FIX THIS! I actually like it, and it makes sense that if we can eat our allies, we should be allowed to attack and weaken them too.

Jaybeezy wrote:-Swallowing animations so the player sees the predator grab the prey and stuff them into their mouth.

Hah! The sprites THAT would require...
Turbotowns
???

Postby HavocLordX » Tue May 21, 2019 12:02 am

MrBlackFurry wrote:I really would like to play with another races that are playables only as mercenaries such as tigers or sucubus, could you put them in the race chooser please? and what about lions and goblins or sharks ?

I Would LOVE to Play as the Succubus, So, Auri, If you want to do this [as a Subrace of the Imp], Please Do!
HavocLordX
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game