Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V11D

Postby CoinToast » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:37 pm

Orosaki wrote:
Who says a fetish game can't be a full fledged game in it's own right. Plenty of vore mods xist for fully fledged games.

This one perfectly could, but that is not its primary purpose I believe.
CoinToast
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aurilika » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:05 pm

GreenSlime wrote:Yup, pretty much. Also please don't remove training, it's useful ;~;
EDIT: by the way, the new sprites are going strong - though the part that left (bellies) is the most important and difficult one.

Looks good. Okay, I'll leave training in there.
Ger-Fox wrote:hmm i wonders when we someday have alot different versions. i mean town and unit pics. so we can CHOOSE between them^^ like : i choose the new cat form but keep the old vixen one. then i keep the vixen town but take new cat town.

I'm all for having options, as you may have noticed from the rapidly expanding content screen. That being said, I am keeping it from going too far. I don't want people to have to spend 15 minutes filling out a spreadsheet before they can play. :lol:
GreenSlime wrote:Again, it all turns into moddability question and from what Aurilika said Unity doesn't do it especially well.

Yeah, although I am getting more comfortable in Unity, so I might explore this more eventually, but it's relatively low on the priority list.
Netjak wrote:Regardless though, just wanted to chime in an express my adoration of what this little game has become

Thank you!
Themastermushroom wrote: I have an idea, in the city of each race, you can build two type of build to powerup the troops, one is the classic blacksmith and the another is the research laboratory.

Interesting ideas, I'll keep them in mind.

CoinToast wrote:I love what you have been doing with this game, mister or miss Aurilika.
Some suggestions, because giving you work is a way of saying we love you: Maybe you can program the AI to form a firing line, or any other formation during the tactical phases? Those strategies seem to give me a minor advantage during combat.
Of course, the big balancing problem is the unavoidable fact that once you outproduce your foe it quickly becomes a matter of numbers to win any battle, imperium of man style. Solutions to that could involve logistics of some form (like gold caravans), but that could increase the complexity of what's first and foremost a fetiche game (not that I'd mind a wargame made out of this engine). Another solution could be resting periods between invasions, in which a city becomes invulnerable for 3 turns after a sucessful or failed attempt.
On battle it would be nice being able to lock characters out of "ai finishes the turn" mode, so that you can use your prized troops against the enemy and let the grunts do whatever. Or have a "stand your ground" mode, so that they do not move automatically and hold a line. Or a passive mode, so that they are marked to skip their turn. Or a "runaway" mode, so that they flee as far as they can.
Another idea would be to be able to lock which troops can devour enemies. Maybe these unit AI modes can be set the same way clothes can be set, so you could change a single troop or set all troops to behave in this fashion.
Yet another idea could be to be able to lock-unlock vore for a gender, if for example someone can have male enemies but no male preds.
Also, are you interested in some perlin/fractal noise? I could make some and post it here, if you'd like.
Another (last one I swear) idea could be to have boats. They would be like armies except faster, unable to get out of water and can only be made in cities bordering the sea. The troop transfer mechanics could be applied as the boarding action, although unlike regular armies the boats should be able to make armies on their own.

I'm not sure about formations, as I don't fully understand the benefit, and without that, I can't properly program them. Yes, the 'invincible army' is something that I'm trying to incorporate ways to keep it reasonably under control.
As for handing control to the AI, you can move characters that you don't want the AI to move first, and then hand control over when they don't have any movement left. I think tags for units as you described would be interesting, but I'm kind of torn, as I think of using the AI as something to use mainly when my army is significantly more powerful than the enemy army, or significantly less powerful, and if I want to closely specify what a unit should do I'm doing it manually. That being said, runaway mode seems the mostly likely to be used, as even when auto-controlling I tend to hold badly injured units back. The use of auto-setting specific units to always AI controlled seems like that would probably make it in as well.
I'll add gender based vore to the list.
In the last few patches, I switched the strategic map generator from pure random to open simplex noise, but I'm wondering what else you were thinking it should be applied to? Tactical maps are probably the only other place that it would make sense to use it.
Some form of boats will eventually make their way into the game.
Orosaki wrote:I'm just surprised lamias aren't in the game yet.

Yeah, sorry, I've got the sprites I just haven't put them in yet. There's also the question of whether they'd be a playable race or just a race available to hire / neutral monsters.
CoinToast wrote:This one perfectly could, but that is not its primary purpose I believe.

Well, I'm trying to cater to both audiences, but we'll see how things develop.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby CoinToast » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:04 pm

Aurilika wrote:In the last few patches, I switched the strategic map generator from pure random to open simplex noise, but I'm wondering what else you were thinking it should be applied to? Tactical maps are probably the only other place that it would make sense to use it.

The strategic map, but in a way that allow the existence of islands/continents, narrow passes, mountain ranges, forests and so on. I guess it would make more sense with boats than without them, but as it is the terrain still feels mostly random, without a clear advantage besides how stretched or separated your initial cities start.

While perlin/open simplex noise is easy to implement, fractal noise makes for better-looking results and its only a matter of iteratively adding the noise while making it smaller (less stretched on the plane) and less intense (smaller values on height) on each iteration.
CoinToast
Been posting for a bit

Postby Netjak » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:19 pm

Aurilika wrote:
Orosaki wrote:I'm just surprised lamias aren't in the game yet.

Yeah, sorry, I've got the sprites I just haven't put them in yet. There's also the question of whether they'd be a playable race or just a race available to hire / neutral monsters.

Different races actually having large differences in their capabilities/gameplay beyond a +1 here and a -1 there is in my opinion one of the best game mechanics you can implement. That being said though, if lamias can organize into mercenary bands, they would likely be capable of creating tribes/villages too, but that shouldn't necessarily change the suggested mechanic where one lamia took up three army slots, it might just all be a bit difficult to balance properly.
Netjak
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:37 am

With so many races and quite a few people behind them, a kind of "credits" or something to show who designed each race would be kinda cool(and would help keep track of all the different "race designers").
Turbotowns
???

Postby ArgobargSoup » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:58 am

Turbotowns wrote:
Themastermushroom wrote:-snip-

Nice ideas, though I'm just gonna go ahead and mildly make fun of this one part...
"...so they can move by two squares in one turn..."
In BOTH modes, they can move THREE squares AT LEAST(in regards to tactical) in one turn. XD
Unless you mean each "move" point would equal 2 spaces, in which you could have just said their movement was doubled.
Unless they can't turn during the second space? Like if you decide to move one square down it moves you a SECOND square down without being able to change direction OR just move the one square? If so, that would actually be highly interesting, it'd be great for making great distance(like running away, something bunnies are especially good at. XD), but tight maneuvers around troops... not so much.

Another possible interpretation... sacrificing some or all of their movement for the turn in exchange for bein' able ta hop over an obstacle, such as a wall, or other units.
I be fulla sharp things.
ArgobargSoup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:59 am

CoinToast wrote:The strategic map, but in a way that allow the existence of islands/continents, narrow passes, mountain ranges, forests and so on. I guess it would make more sense with boats than without them, but as it is the terrain still feels mostly random, without a clear advantage besides how stretched or separated your initial cities start.
While perlin/open simplex noise is easy to implement, fractal noise makes for better-looking results and its only a matter of iteratively adding the noise while making it smaller (less stretched on the plane) and less intense (smaller values on height) on each iteration.

I'll make a note to revisit that and look into fractal noise after the current batch of changes.
Netjak wrote:Different races actually having large differences in their capabilities/gameplay beyond a +1 here and a -1 there is in my opinion one of the best game mechanics you can implement. That being said though, if lamias can organize into mercenary bands, they would likely be capable of creating tribes/villages too, but that shouldn't necessarily change the suggested mechanic where one lamia took up three army slots, it might just all be a bit difficult to balance properly.

That is planned, but it's down the list a little bit, I'll probably solicit ideas on it when it gets closer.
Turbotowns wrote:With so many races and quite a few people behind them, a kind of "credits" or something to show who designed each race would be kinda cool(and would help keep track of all the different "race designers").

There is one in game in the help menu, maybe it should be moved to a more obvious place, or did you mean putting it on the forum as well, or cloning it to a file?
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Orosaki » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:11 pm

Aurilika wrote:
CoinToast wrote:The strategic map, but in a way that allow the existence of islands/continents, narrow passes, mountain ranges, forests and so on. I guess it would make more sense with boats than without them, but as it is the terrain still feels mostly random, without a clear advantage besides how stretched or separated your initial cities start.

I'll make a note to revisit that and look into fractal noise after the current batch of changes.
Netjak wrote:Different races actually having large differences in their capabilities/gameplay beyond a +1 here and a -1 there is in my opinion one of the best game mechanics you can implement. That being said though, if lamias can organize into mercenary bands, they would likely be capable of creating tribes/villages too, but that shouldn't necessarily change the suggested mechanic where one lamia took up three army slots, it might just all be a bit difficult to balance properly.

That is planned, but it's down the list a little bit, I'll probably solicit ideas on it when it gets closer.
Turbotowns wrote:With so many races and quite a few people behind them, a kind of "credits" or something to show who designed each race would be kinda cool(and would help keep track of all the different "race designers").

There is one in game in the help menu, maybe it should be moved to a more obvious place, or did you mean putting it on the forum as well, or cloning it to a file?

If there's gonna be islands and continents then leaders are gonna need to be able to erect bridges. Bridges would be destructible but strategic means of quickly crossing bodies of water, tunnels would do the same for mountains.

As for crediting artists i would suggest putting a separate credits section in the menu that can be browsed at people leisure. a text file can always get lost or go missing, but if it is put into the actual game it's unlikely to go missing or get lost.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
And if anyone asks I'm clearly the devil.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:53 pm

I've been quiet for a bit so I figured I'd do a status update.

I've been able to get back into the swing of things, and polished off a lot of the smaller tasks before launching into some of the bigger ones.

Here's what I've done so far

Can now adjust the amount of gold generated by villages.
Fixed bug that caused the turn order to not work correctly.
You can now specify the garrison size for each empire.
Units that don't have a ranged weapon gain a bonus to dodging if they still have mp at the end of their turn.
The minimum attack accuracy is changed from 15% to 20, this also slightly increases accuracy at all skill levels.
Body weight increases now pick randomly between breast size and leg size to increase. To prevent males from gaining weight twice as fast, males have a 50% chance of no change.
Create strategic now has strategic auto-size as well. You can set it to tight, normal or spacious to generate your desired density, and it will size the map based on the number of active villages. You can also turn it off and manually specify the size if you wish.
Now shows the gold and income for any empire that's allied with a human in between turns, and always shows the empire's name for all empires.
Added options for watching AI battles but skipping the stat screen, or for using a timed skip in that case.
Prompts if you're sure if you try to end your tactical turn with units that still have movement points, you can disable this in the options menu.
Added an option to make the colors green and red instead of blue and red for those with certain types of color blindness (though the green blends in with the grass, so it's not perfectly ideal.)
Added an alternate alliance box method to the options menu where it does the color and a dark version of the color, rather than transparency.
Fixed copy clothing type to all units in the army button, so it only copies to units of the same race to prevent issues. I'm leaving in the semi-secret (I discovered it and no one else has mentioned it) side effect of being able to copy leader clothing to the rest of the units.
Fixed leaders not spawning correctly in pure tactical games.
Fixed issue where corpes would appear in front of alive units if there had been over 1000 corpses created in previous battles.

I'm currently in the middle of the garrison changes from the poll a while back, that's coming along nicely.

Here's what I'd still like to get done for this next patch

Finish the new garrison (I've got the logic and the UI done, just need to set up the AI to properly use them, and then test it)
Add the Vagrants
Create strategic should bring up the list of all of the races, ideally with their picture, in a similar system to the hiring window, allowing you to pick which ones to add, this should reduce the complexity if you just want a few races. I'd still have an add all button though.
Fix up the queen sprite
movement grids
Fixing so devour works properly with mixed race armies with some or all non-preds.
the new village sprites
swing/arrow effects
Fog of war
Gold mines

Maybe some other things I'm forgetting or things as they come up as well.

I'm hoping to get it done by the middle of the week, but we'll see.

Also worth noting is that old save games won't be compatible with this version. The major changes around the garrison were possible to work around, but I decided I'd do a clean sweep and strip out all of my old compatibility code (version 8 was still technically compatible with 11D), and redesign the way a few systems are managed behind the hood while I had the opportunity to not have to plan migration systems for them.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:11 am

Holy Shit! This is no mere patch!
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:05 am

For a race idea, how about orcs? The males look akin to the ones from WoW, while the girls are cute pig-girls.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Themastermushroom » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:59 am

Turbotowns wrote:For a race idea, how about orcs? The males look akin to the ones from WoW, while the girls are cute pig-girls.

And we add the idea of the race of the mermaids and tritons (it isn't already rejecter or taken), thinks this race can swim inside the lakes or another place where other troops can't.
Themastermushroom
Participator

Postby Netjak » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:59 am

Themastermushroom wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:For a race idea, how about orcs? The males look akin to the ones from WoW, while the girls are cute pig-girls.

And we add the idea of the race of the mermaids and tritons (it isn't already rejecter or taken), thinks this race can swim inside the lakes or another place where other troops can't.

Or rather, other races should also be able to traverse the water, and potentially capture the mermaids/tritons towns, but take penalties to speed and possibly combat effectiveness in water, just as the mermaids/tritons would on land.
Netjak
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:08 am

Netjak wrote:
Themastermushroom wrote:

Or rather, other races should also be able to traverse the water, and potentially capture the mermaids/tritons towns, but take penalties to speed and possibly combat effectiveness in water, just as the mermaids/tritons would on land.

Maybe we could have deep water(would NEED a boat for land races to traverse through) tiles, and shallows(what you described, gives land units penalties, but doesn't prevent them move moving through it).

AND having more aquatic races than JUST the scylla WOULD balance it out once race traits come in(as they would no longer be the ONLY water race).
Turbotowns
???

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:58 am

I was thinking about the possibility of neutral factions that could play a role as POI-based locations they act like passive AI but if you can manage to take over their home you can hire their race as warriors.

This might have already been discussed or planned but I wanted to suggest some possible feral species to play a role into it which instead of just providing a different appearance of race it provides expensive units that take up multiple army slots and are tougher than a single unit. ( Which would require a lot of sprite work. )

Some ideas of species and their Base/Home,
- Isolated Cave: Feral Dragons, Wyverns, etc?
- Jungle Enclosure: Dinos? Raptors, T-rex, etc?

They would have more than one option of unit type but a general theme of creatures within the POE. Expensive, larger, tougher units that don't need gear but also provide a higher exp reward when defeated or digested. ( Which would take a certain stomach skill minimum and count as maybe 4-8 unit belly size depending on the unit. )

If anybody else can help come up with some different themes and units feel free to add to the list.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Okzero » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:16 pm

Alright, I'm back again with my newest creation, a circle.

Now I've been thinking of other maps ideas but recently I've been having a bit of creative stump. I then popped this out and so far this is my proudest piece I've created and probably will be for a while.

Circle is a 8 faction map (feel free to change factions around) that allows the factions to all meet up at the middle and fight while having to go through a long stretch to get to their enemy.

Here it is, my proudest piece to date.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/rha1bp3ba ... e.map/file
Feel free to edit the map to your own desires.
Attachments
Circle.png
Okzero
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ger-Fox » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:38 pm

for races ideas i would like to see :

mermaid
dragons
nagas
fairys
froggirls
tiger/leopard
sucubus/demons
xD mlp (jk) / taur
racoon
panda/bear

just some ideas xD

well and maybe as idea to give flying race some bonus for movement or bow . because them fly ^^ and meele for all on the ground.

ps: i hope the town sprites can we change manualy when we not like them maybe^^ i just ask
Ger-Fox
Participator

Postby Aurilika » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:03 pm

Turbotowns wrote:
Netjak wrote:
Themastermushroom wrote:And we add the idea of the race of the mermaids and tritons (it isn't already rejecter or taken), thinks this race can swim inside the lakes or another place where other troops can't.

Maybe we could have deep water(would NEED a boat for land races to traverse through) tiles, and shallows(what you described, gives land units penalties, but doesn't prevent them move moving through it).
AND having more aquatic races than JUST the scylla WOULD balance it out once race traits come in(as they would no longer be the ONLY water race).

Shallows would probably be a good idea, lots of games use that as a concept. I could use the light blue water texture that's currently map-editor only for it. That was technically labeled as ocean, but it looks less like ocean than the normal blue water tiles. Well, you wouldn't technically need a lot of them, you can have unique edge cases. I mean harpies are currently the only race that could fly, so that would probably be heavily incorporated into their powers, reasonable balance would still be a goal. For example, I wouldn't make harpies completely immune to melee attacks as they can fly away, because that would pretty much break the game.
Dragonvorelover135 wrote:I was thinking about the possibility of neutral factions that could play a role as POI-based locations they act like passive AI but if you can manage to take over their home you can hire their race as warriors.

Yes, this would probably work as a good secondary system to the mercenary camps, as there you could buy some races that wouldn't necessarily otherwise have a map presence, but having places you'd have to take over to recruit from would be interesting as well.

Okzero wrote:Circle is a 8 faction map (feel free to change factions around) that allows the factions to all meet up at the middle and fight while having to go through a long stretch to get to their enemy.
I like the nice touch with the differently colored water, and the way you used forests for the corners to make all 8 paths approximately the same length.

Ger-Fox wrote:for races ideas i would like to see :

As always, I'm willing to add whatever I get sprites for.

As for the town sprites, the ability to switch back to the old sprites won't be in this next patch, but I may add that in the future.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:15 pm

Okzero wrote:Alright, I'm back again with my newest creation, a circle.

Now I've been thinking of other maps ideas but recently I've been having a bit of creative stump. I then popped this out and so far this is my proudest piece I've created and probably will be for a while.

Circle is a 8 faction map (feel free to change factions around) that allows the factions to all meet up at the middle and fight while having to go through a long stretch to get to their enemy.

Here it is, my proudest piece to date.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/rha1bp3ba ... e.map/file
Feel free to edit the map to your own desires.

Not bad! Pretty cool looking, I'm impressed! ^o^
Will definitely download!
Turbotowns
???

Postby SquishySofty » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:04 pm

I have arrived! And i tried the recent version of this game (Version 11D). I have to say, all of the bugs have been swept CLEAN! It's so great!
Though, i haven't tried to play with the AI (And hopefully they won't be a cheating little dummies), but i literally just played myself of how it goes.

The leadership update caught me OFF GUARD, and it's very unique to fix some balance issues. I didn't realize that the Leadership stats are useful when it shared to other members of the same group of troops. It's like, the leaders are the Final boss or the secret weapon to wipe all empires. xD

Sometimes, i can't eat some of the corpse laying down on the ground (Eatable corpse and see corpse are enabled at a time like this) whenever a troop dies. But that's not a problem anyways.

The map editor is also pretty unique as well. I didn't get a chance to play around with it, but i will in the future. c:

I didn't realized increasing the Strength/Dexterity can actually increases the damage output every 10 points have reached. That's neat to know (Unless if i am a dumbo and didn't know stuff. I-it's been a while okay?)

Oh my, the boobs size isn't really happy with the clothing. Though, if there's a dick, why there's no bulges on the clothing? 8O

Anyways, that's all i have to say! Keep up the good work tho! ❤
Not feeling so well, don't expect much of me...
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game