Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V12

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:33 am

It'd be nice if the auto map generator put allies by each other(like my Slime/Cat/Bunny alliance), so I don't have to press "recreate world" several times until they're "close enough".

OH! Only after a few times I got the slimes and bunnies next to each other, and the cats where only separated from them by the lizards!

Oh, Holy Shit! I could jump in and play in a all AI game(as well as jump out) whenever I wish?! Kick-Ass!

I also really like the buying weapons for the garrison to use, it gives an additional use for excess money, keeping the garrison stocked(since the weapons held by killed/eaten units are lost, which I like, and it makes sense, if they don't break in the fight, or the enemy takes them for themselves, they naturally smash their enemies(your) weapons to keep them out of your hands).
Last edited by Turbotowns on Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Grapefruitfanfic » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:51 am

Turbotowns, are you having the same issues I'm having or am I just unlucky?
Grapefruitfanfic
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:39 am

Grapefruitfanfic wrote:Turbotowns, are you having the same issues I'm having or am I just unlucky?

Nope! First turn passed and I still have my armies. XD

The Add/Edit button only bugged out for me after I tried to play on my map(I created a mass free-for-all(expect for my alliance XP) game where the map generator makes the map for me, and it worked fine).

Okay, don't know if this is me or the game, but the "Exit and DON'T save button" on the "edit world settings" menu isn't mostly selectable, it IS but you have to be, like, nearly clicking the "exit and DO save" button.

Speaking of passing the first turn... A vagrant spawned RIGHT within my territory, it'd be nice if we could determine specific areas for monsters(though I suppose for the vagrants since they live up in Rayquaza's territory(The Ozone layer for those who don't know that part of Pokemon Lore), they CAN just come down and attack wherever... how annoying). XD

Also eating corpses worked fine for me, that I've seen... Nevermind, it's borked, WAIT! I ate a corpse... after all my surrendered units were eaten... Yeah, after all my surrendered units were eaten(or alternatively, when I only had 1 unit left), I could eat corpses. Also, how does the kill/digestion tracker work? I think it tracked who ate corpses post battle(which is nice, as well as rewarding the same XP as in battle(which would make sense))but it almost seems that it tacks on a kill for EACH digestion(at least in THIS version), but I wouldn't know without knowing how it works. Nevermind, during the queen feeding fight(where I feed her the both armies and the garrison in their entirety, which now equals 95 units for the queen to nom(and if I have her wail on the enemy units while she eats her own forces she get even more XP(EVEN more if I forget to get her an Axe and composite bow, so she only does 2 damage to each of them))), she ended up with 89 digestions(I had to dismiss 4 enemy units to keep them from going under), and 28 kills, and thus, I don't think it adds digestion counts for the corpses eaten after the fight, maybe, the army that fought the vagrants seemed like it did(They were able to eat the vagrant corpses just fine as well).

(Also actually SEEING the battle stat timer would be nice(as well as being able to tweak it). XD)

Also, also, also... My attempt to double the village income failed.
Last edited by Turbotowns on Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:34 am, edited 8 times in total.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Ger-Fox » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:16 am

the new towns kinda look odd...xD hope like asked early to have a option to switch back to the old town pic would be possible soon^^ . atm (like the screen from this one person 4 post early) it looks like a odd building with a colorful hat on it....^^ not my taste xD remember me on smurfs because of the hats xD at last by editor xD

well add race not work...i play 64 too

i can just play by use a map and even then i can not change settings xD ONLY by enter a game full of ai and need be fast for click esc and then change settings ^^ like army and ai and stuff xD this is some i like alot that you can finally change it too^^
Ger-Fox
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:36 am

Ger-Fox wrote:the new towns kinda look odd...xD hope like asked early to have a option to switch back to the old town pic would be possible soon^^ . atm (like the screen from this one person 4 post early) it looks like a odd building with a colorful hat on it....^^ not my taste xD remember me on smurfs because of the hats xD at last by editor xD

well add race not work...i play 64 too

i can just play by use a map and even then i can not change settings xD ONLY by enter a game full of ai and need be fast for click esc and then change settings ^^ like army and ai and stuff xD this is some i like alot that you can finally change it too^^

You can pause by pressing "P".

Also, in the screenshot I posted there are Vagrants overtop every village and the tile select on the left is borked.

Furthermore... 64? Like... colors? I thought I was playing that too(cause of my graphics settings), how do you even change that(WITH the whole PC's graphics settings)?!
Turbotowns
???

Postby Jimjohn101 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:49 am

Do you think you will ever add a disposal option to the game?
Jimjohn101
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:04 am

Jimjohn101 wrote:Do you think you will ever add a disposal option to the game?

Like scat? Probably if someone supplies a sprite, but naturally it ain't everyone's cup o tea(I also don't think it's Aurilika's cup o tea either...)
Turbotowns
???

Postby GreenSlime » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:38 am

I can add "clean" disposal sprites (clothes and bones), but sorry, for scat someone else has to do sprites.
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Absentia » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:25 am

GreenSlime wrote:I can add "clean" disposal sprites (clothes and bones), but sorry, for scat someone else has to do sprites.

lol Well what kind of predator isn't proud of their wall of trophy skulls, just asked Schwarzenegger
Absentia
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ger-Fox » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:14 am

hmmm by 64 version here is a bad bug (did not read the other text so i not know when somebody told about it already)
while you try to split army or fuse some....here is no button to finish it. you stuck inside..even safe and load not help :/
Ger-Fox
Participator

Postby Hielmine » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:41 am

hmmmmm Might seem like a stupid question but when on the transfer units between armies screen how do you exit. Been having a bit of trouble with exiting. there are only the 2 buttons that say transfer to left and transfer to right for me.
Hielmine
New to the forum

Postby Ger-Fox » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:10 am

Hielmine wrote:hmmmmm Might seem like a stupid question but when on the transfer units between armies screen how do you exit. Been having a bit of trouble with exiting. there are only the 2 buttons that say transfer to left and transfer to right for me.

thats what i try to say xD i can not escape it also...the button for it is not here anymore
Ger-Fox
Participator

Postby Grapefruitfanfic » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:35 am

If I'm the only one having the issues I'm having, then I'll reinstall both versions and see what happens.
Grapefruitfanfic
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aurilika » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:10 am

Okay, I'm awake and bug fixing now

Grapefruitfanfic wrote:Hate to double post, but the Add/Edit button doesn't work for me, and with that, the game is unplayable. I also tried to play in tutorial mode, says that the save it would use is for V11. And in tactile mode, a unit got hit with an arrow, and the rest stopped. Did a melee only tactile mode test and it worked just fine.
...Bugs I've seen:
Spoiler: show
My entire army got deleted without me moving on the second turn. (most likely because my income collapsed along with the lack of gold)
Income altogether is broken. It only counts my troops out as an input, no matter how many villages have gold buffs. making the game impossible to play.

The tutorial thing is an oversight of me forgetting to update the tutorial save.

I'll look into the rest.

Turbotowns wrote:Now, for some reason, the Slime Queen's shoulder gems are cut in half, also(while JUST in the customization menu) the crown belly, and shoulder bit from the Slime Regalia still appears on generic units(Again ONLY in the customization menu, not in the army menu OR in battle, it's weird, OH, but it DOES appear in the army menu on in an army that doesn't HAVE the slime queen, it places them on the first unit treating them like the queen, aesthetically at least, but only in the army menu(and custom menu of course, but not battle)). Also interesting that you made the bottom part of the regalia the same color as the belly SEPARATE from the top and shoulders, when I said the belly and shoulders be a separate color than the top and bottom, lol I kinda sounded like a scolding boss, but it's fine, INTERESTING even(Maybe an external flag option to have it this way or the way I requested? But it can be a low priority, I'm just glad it works!(And doesn't look off, except for the shoulder gems. XD)(I keep all parts the same color anyway so it's literally no skin off my nose. XD))...

That's just me not having the correct notes for what you wanted, I'll take another pass and make sure the other bugs are fixed up as well

I'll fix the map editor as well. You may have noticed that its a common theme that I forget to update the map editor when I add new icons and it throws everything off. I may redesign it so that it does that automatically.

Turbotowns wrote:It'd be nice if the auto map generator put allies by each other(like my Slime/Cat/Bunny alliance), so I don't have to press "recreate world" several times until they're "close enough".

That's on the list, and should be fairly easy to do, just make sure they get positions that are sequential.

Turbotowns wrote:Okay, don't know if this is me or the game, but the "Exit and DON'T save button" on the "edit world settings" menu isn't mostly selectable, it IS but you have to be, like, nearly clicking the "exit and DO save" button.

I'll fix that

Turbotowns wrote:Speaking of passing the first turn... A vagrant spawned RIGHT within my territory, it'd be nice if we could determine specific areas for monsters(though I suppose for the vagrants since they live up in Rayquaza's territory(The Ozone layer for those who don't know that part of Pokemon Lore), they CAN just come down and attack wherever... how annoying). XD

They don't attack villages though, so you can ignore them if there's no armies in that area. I also realized there's a bug where the vagrants run out of money and disband their armies :lol: , which I'll be fixing as well.

Turbotowns wrote:Also eating corpses worked fine for me, that I've seen... Nevermind, it's borked, WAIT! I ate a corpse... after all my surrendered units were eaten... Yeah, after all my surrendered units were eaten(or alternatively, when I only had 1 unit left), I could eat corpses. Also, how does the kill/digestion tracker work? I think it tracked who ate corpses post battle(which is nice, as well as rewarding the same XP as in battle(which would make sense))but it almost seems that it tacks on a kill for EACH digestion(at least in THIS version), but I wouldn't know without knowing how it works. Nevermind, during the queen feeding fight(where I feed her the both armies and the garrison in their entirety, which now equals 95 units for the queen to nom(and if I have her wail on the enemy units while she eats her own forces she get even more XP(EVEN more if I forget to get her an Axe and composite bow, so she only does 2 damage to each of them))), she ended up with 89 digestions(I had to dismiss 4 enemy units to keep them from going under), and 28 kills, and thus, I don't think it adds digestion counts for the corpses eaten after the fight, maybe, the army that fought the vagrants seemed like it did(They were able to eat the vagrant corpses just fine as well).

(Also actually SEEING the battle stat timer would be nice(as well as being able to tweak it). XD)

Also, also, also... My attempt to double the village income failed.

My intent was to have that count all targets eaten, so I'll take a look at it and make it count properly.
I'll make the timer visible and tweakable.
That is me forgetting to finish wiring it up correctly, it currently just ignores that value entirely. I was in the middle of it, had to do something else then back to it and thought I finished it, but missed a piece.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Orosaki » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:19 am

GreenSlime wrote:I can add "clean" disposal sprites (clothes and bones), but sorry, for scat someone else has to do sprites.

Well if heroes ever get added in maybe one of them will have the ability to create a skeleton soldier from those undead.

As for allies spawning next to each other it would be nice to be able to set them to where if you have on big enemy with a ton of villages compared to your alies in a 1 vs all scenario to have the allies spawn around the enemy in a circular pattern too.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
And if anyone asks I'm clearly the devil.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jazzumness » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:59 am

Casual strategic AI is removed for me. Is that a bug?
Edit: Do Vagrants spawn at map creation or randomly during the course of the match? Can they spawn on custom maps?
Never mind they can spawn anywhere but spawn quite often may recommend a way to lower their spawn rate
Also increasing village money generation does not work I think
Jazzumness
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:33 pm

Jazzumness wrote:Casual strategic AI is removed for me. Is that a bug?
Edit: Do Vagrants spawn at map creation or randomly during the course of the match? Can they spawn on custom maps?
Never mind they can spawn anywhere but spawn quite often may recommend a way to lower their spawn rate

I removed casual because the garrison changes made it mostly pointless. Its two functions were always maintaining a garrison to drain money, which doesn't happen anymore, and having a reduced garrison size, but since you can get all of the races manually, that didn't have much point anymore. I did forget to remove it from the tooltips, so I'll do that.

They do spawn randomly anywhere. For the patch I'm working on right now I've adjusted it so that they have a cap based on map size as well, to keep them from getting out of control.

I've got most of the issues fixed up, but I don't really have a lead on the add races button not working yet in rare circumstances, it may be somehow related to not having prior settings or certain settings, but I haven't been able to reproduce it yet.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:03 pm

Really loving the changes so far, I like the Vagrants a lot. Are there plans for any variety to the monster pack units such as different creatures?

Edit: Also maybe some more belly sizes for the current Vagrant units might be nice.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Grapefruitfanfic » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:31 pm

I've tried it one more time, and the game is still bugged for me. I can't get the most important add/edit button to work on both Windows versions.
Grapefruitfanfic
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aurilika » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:49 pm

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:Really loving the changes so far, I like the Vagrants a lot. Are there plans for any variety to the monster pack units such as different creatures?

Edit: Also maybe some more belly sizes for the current Vagrant units might be nice.

Yeah, other monster types will eventually make it in, Vagrants were just the first step. They can only hold 2 units and have the normal 4 sprites for each size of belly... Actually I guess if they level up they can hold more, I made them not pick stomach, but they'd still get the 1 point every level, hmm.

Grapefruitfanfic wrote:I've tried it one more time, and the game is still bugged for me. I can't get the most important add/edit button to work on both Windows versions.

I've finished my work and will upload a new version shortly that should hopefully fix that issue (I fixed one cause of it, perhaps the only cause, we'll see)
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game