Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V16E

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:51 pm

Deioth wrote:
Aurilika wrote:This is the other main option, I think it keeps it slightly simpler, as you only have to worry about your weapons and not weapon matching against foes. There's probably going to be enough other complicated stuff in this game eventually. I do kind of like the idea of having the blacksmith allowing second tier weapons as well

Someone also brought up the point that with the high movement speed and the weapon favor system, you can pick optimum targets for your weapons virtually every turn, which turns it from valid tactical strategies to just a rock paper scissors roll that you aren't aware of until you start the battle.

I definitely think the depth and strategy intended to be added via just some rock/paper/scissors style with weapon types is better left to the introduction of unit types. Expanding again from the ideas of town/research upgrades to unlock gear and weaponry, units can be upgraded from Soldier to a prestige class. Without going crazy, I think you could eventually have four logical prestige classes: Warrior, Ranger, Mage, and Glutton. Requiring a unit to be, say, at least level 3 and with the right stats, the prestige class allows use of associated advanced/heavy weapons (Garrisons could be promoted if they level enough), Mage use the spellbook/staff weapon, and Gluttons act like the Sky Sharks where every attack is a vore attempt but becomes a light hit if it fails and cannot equip weapons. Prestige classes could also provide a trait/perk befitting that class. Warriors might also have melee accuracy increased 5% and vorability at low health is reduced 50%, or half their defense also applies to Will. Rangers get +1 to attack range and chance a snare on 20% of their hits reducing target move speed. Mages and Gluttons already have been covered as their trait would be what specializes them to their role.

I love the idea of a class system with a dedicated glutton class, it would make it easier to customise races too as instead of disabling certain weapons you just enable or disable certain classes.
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

Location: Western Scotland (That's as much detail as you're getting)

Re: Vore War V17

Postby Aurilika » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:28 am

player1 wrote:
Aurilika wrote:
player1 wrote:Hmm. is thee a way to add ourselves new mapping textures? Id like to see if i can yoink a few texture in.

Do you mean actual tiles, or variations on the existing tiles? If it's tiles, you can send them in and I can add them to the project. If it's variations, that is coming in the next patch.

The kind of tile id wish for may or may not fall under the "variations". As an exemple, i wanted to check for jungle tiles, taiga or steppes, savannas tiles, volcanoes and maybe a different "ocean" tile. It's mainly to add some more variety or realism! In any case, i will wait for the next patch.

Nothing that fancy in that patch, forests, grass, water, hills, and fields now use a random sprite out of 2 or 4, for each, to give a little more variety.

Deioth wrote:I definitely think the depth and strategy intended to be added via just some rock/paper/scissors style with weapon types is better left to the introduction of unit types. Expanding again from the ideas of town/research upgrades to unlock gear and weaponry, units can be upgraded from Soldier to a prestige class. Without going crazy, I think you could eventually have four logical prestige classes: Warrior, Ranger, Mage, and Glutton. Requiring a unit to be, say, at least level 3 and with the right stats, the prestige class allows use of associated advanced/heavy weapons (Garrisons could be promoted if they level enough), Mage use the spellbook/staff weapon, and Gluttons act like the Sky Sharks where every attack is a vore attempt but becomes a light hit if it fails and cannot equip weapons. Prestige classes could also provide a trait/perk befitting that class. Warriors might also have melee accuracy increased 5% and vorability at low health is reduced 50%, or half their defense also applies to Will. Rangers get +1 to attack range and chance a snare on 20% of their hits reducing target move speed. Mages and Gluttons already have been covered as their trait would be what specializes them to their role.

I think having prestige type classes is most likely the direction it would go. For one, you can sort of wave that away with a minor accessory or something, rather than creating entire new outfits or weapons for every single race. Two, it allows you stack on a few nice little benefits, without being too overwhelming. Fewer more defined classes is also more likely than having many classes that overlap or share roles.

Dreamstars wrote:That a little brainstorm of my part on magic. I would really like magic in that game since I'm a big fantasy and magic lover x3
So here my little ideas if it can help x3

Thank you, I'll add your ideas to my notes.

Turbotowns wrote:I was thinking that, with magic, it would be my slime's bane, like all physical attacks only do, like, 1 damage, but magical attacks do 2 to 4 times as much damage to the slimes than it would to any other unit.

Mostly, once magic gets added I can finally say... "The Lizards have become Wizards!"(Something I came up with when I pronounced lizards in a cutesy way, changing the l to a w and immediately realizing what it spelled.)

Aside from that... You(Auri) keep mentioning the next patch, do you have an Idea of when that'll drop?

I probably wouldn't do anything quite that drastic with slimes, as at level 1, or if magic wasn't in that battle, the slimes would be basically unstoppable.

Yes, I do have an idea when it will drop... that time.. Is now! (Sorry, I couldn't resist) :D

It's possible I missed getting some changes into the log as this was a big patch. Actually I can guarantee it because one of those is the number of sprites for the wyvern tripled.

Wasn't able to finish the random traits, but the short term future includes that as well as some other interesting stuff.

17:
New Races / Race Changes:

Added taurus (cows/bulls) as a main race.
Added feral wolves as monsters.
Added Alligator race (a mercenary only race at the moment)
Shark armies now have dark swallowers (a new monster race) mixed in.
Sharks now have additional belly sizes
Crypters have the resilient trait for damage reduction
Kangaroos have the resourceful trait - an additional item slot
Several of the monster races have additional traits added
Added a new unique mercenary button, where unique mercenaries can be hired from mercenary camps. Only 1 of a given unique mercenary can exist in the world at once, though. Currently there is only 1 type of unique mercenary.
Slimes now have the softbody trait, which doubles acid damage they take --- this is not actually a new property, it was previously included in the gelatinous Body trait, but it was not visible on the trait tooltip (having 3 effects on a trait was probably pushing it, and that's probably why I forgot to label it properly)

New Features / Miscellaneous Changes:

Can now click on the names of consumed units in the unit info panel to show you the panel for that unit, in case you're confused about which unit is in whose belly.
Combined with that, it now shows a small picture of the unit it's currently displaying info for. It may only be of minor use unless you're looking at the stats of a consumed unit, but I think it's a nice touch. If you dislike this, let me know and I'll make it optional.
Added a slider to adjust the amount of MP armies have. It's in the content menu so that it can be adjusted mid-game if needed.
Added an option to show some extra vore information in tactical mode.
Can now control the teams for monsters, so you can make them all allied together, not allied, or even allied with a player as you wish.
Added an option to cut the miss rate in half for physical attacks, which was suggested as an 'anti-xcom' feature.
Have the option to make the camera follow moving/attacking units in tactical and strategic, Either with the main camera, or a side camera that pops up whenever there is action.
Can now customize how long different actions take for the AI in tactical battles.
Army inventory added, you can move items between units, or have them in the army inventory, which follows the army around. Items will be lost if the army perishes though. A slightly useful feature, but it opens up the possibilities of special drops or perhaps collecting equipment from enemies at some future point.
Added option for the level up panel to stay open if you have multiple level ups available to make spending multiple levels easier.
Slowed down the absorption phase by 50% - digestion is unchanged (I kind of wanted to make it a slider, but that greatly affects healing rate as well, so I opted to just make it slower by default for now)
Surrendered units no longer receive or contribute to pack bonuses.
Mercenaries of stronger monster types cost more, and weaker monsters cost less.
Clothes/bones/scat are now generated in about a half tile range in each direction rather than always being centered in a tile.
CockVore hides clothing option should now ignore clothing that doesn't cover the cock
Adjusted incorrect squished breast sprites for lizards
Monsters now pull from their own pool of names, some races have specific names they use some of, others simply pull from the new monsters.txt which is in the same place as the females.txt and males.txt (as a reminder, the one in the userdata folder is the one that should be modified, and it only exists after the game is run once)
Added option to discourage the AI from using oral vore (makes them prefer other vore types)
Continued to optimize the tactical auto-calculation speed.
Added a Victory type line to the tactical stats, ranging from flawless to marginal, with costly or pyrrhic if the victor has traded particularly poorly. The worst possible victory would be a 'Pyrrhic Marginal Victory' which would be if less than 20% of your army's value survived, and you took 4 times higher losses than the enemy
Added updated furry genital sprites to support cockvore and additional sizes
Some tiles (grass, forest, water, fields, desert and hills) have a few different variations that are visible now.

Bug Fixes:

Fixed bug where the bulk buy command would buy equipment for units that can't normally buy equipment (like monsters)
Fixed males being able to UB if the Herms UB option was checked.
Fixed the save preview displaying battle races incorrectly in some cases.
Fixed a bug that was caused vagrant armies to be considered weaker than they were. Also adjusted estimated strengths (army power) for monsters.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MikhailOberchav » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:04 am

Hmmm, is there any way to edit the flavor text of eating other units. It would be awesome if surrendered units had more willing flavor text when they were eaten and absorbed, if not it's fine I really love starting new campaigns just to try out the new races and see their power firsthand. Also can't wait to see what you come up with for the diplomacy system, so much to look out for in this, I can't wait to see what's next.
MikhailOberchav
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jazzumness » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:29 am

This update is massive amazing job as always
I know there is gonna be an inevitable hot fix version tomorrow or the next day so I was wondering if you could add a option to change back to the old tiles. the farms are kinda weird when there are a lot next to each other
Jazzumness
Somewhat familiar

Postby ConnTheElite » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:30 am

I take my eyes off of this game for a week and the amount of changes I see when I look back is amazing. Love the new race and monsters and the game seems to be more balanced now, especially with the the monster scaling. The last version I played was plagued with level 7 monsters that made training new units impossible. I also really like the unique mercenary mechanic. I've always been an quality over quantity sort of player when it comes to strategy games, so having an expensive but powerful single unit fits my playstyle. Great update, looking forward to seeing this game growing bigger and better. :D
ConnTheElite
Been posting for a bit

Postby Estee » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:51 am

In strategic I got stuck on the army info screen because some of the buttons including the one to go back on the map didn't show up.

Gotta say though, loving the patch so far. Also, would it be possible in the future to get an inside view on the guts/wombs/breasts/balls to see the struggling prey inside? It would be understandable if not because that would be a large effort making the sprites.
Last edited by Estee on Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Estee
Participator

Postby Deioth » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:10 am

I'm excited about the bovines, however they seem to have fluff even with the option turned off?

Also wouldn't mind an eventual non-hair options for furry choices as your graphics volunteers are able/willing, like trinkets, earrings, that sort of thing. Some races the hair just looks weird on full furry. Some of the apparently masculine hair styles even look feminine on the Taurus and it has me thrown off ]:8U

Remarkable effort on the new patch though, and the new graphics and units ]:8)
Deioth
The second "Our One and Only" Minotaur

Postby Jazzumness » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:23 am

Some big bugs I found before I go to bed
the biggest problem is that the army info screen does not have an exit screen button outside of a city
You can also dismiss soldiers outside of a city although im curious where they go as I cant exit the screen
The skip battle freeze glitch is back and seems to be more common than before
Its happening even when races without flight are involved

That's all I found for now probably some small ones I missed but those are the most important
Also Feral Wolves are listed as Feral Wolv on the strategic screen on their turn
Jazzumness
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:45 am

Well I saw that coming a MILE away(I was kinda hoping for it).

And, HEY! You remembered to add the village sprites to the map editor hell yeah! Time to start anew! I'm LOVING the new random tiles. Anyway, I'll be updating my Turbo7 map here in a sec.

Here we are, added the taurus race to the left of the cats. The Turbo Alliance has a new ally(And I'm thinking of pairing up some of the other races(EDIT!Dogs and Wolves(and feral wolves) now make up the Canine Alliance. And Lizards, Lamia, and Serpents, now make the Scaled Alliance(while wyverns have scales, they(and their babies) have joined the Turbo Alliance)))!
https://mega.nz/#!BhlRhQBL!vcf2Fv57D00a ... FaDdcd85Xc

Also I hope the ability to save our empire settings is coming soon, as it's starting to get complicated. XD

Jazzumness wrote:the biggest problem is that the army info screen does not have an exit screen button outside of a city
You can also dismiss soldiers outside of a city although im curious where they go as I cant exit the screen

Isn't that in the place where the shop button would be IN a city? in the lower left, COMPLETELY in a different spot than it is normally.(EDIT)WAIT, it's in the NORMAL spot now, in the upper right! And I can say that it DOES work.
Also dismissing soldiers outside a city is a feature, after some amount of turns the end up at your nearest city, even if they were mercenaries.

Y'know, this inventory could allow for like, healing items, but like where we'd need a blacksmith for advanced weapons, we'd need an apothecary for any potions or salves.

With the taurus do they have actual breast vore sprites, or do we still have to wait on those?

Speaking of sprites, there seems to be QUITE a few sprite issues involving cocks, from the pair appearing OVER a loincloth, to a second pair of balls during cock vore(And speak of, cock vore STILL removes the entire outfit).

And finally... with all races on, the save slots have run out of room(could you make a second column activate when enough races are active?) to list everyone. XD
Last edited by Turbotowns on Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Anesthetic » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:04 am

Jazzumness wrote:Some big bugs I found before I go to bed
the biggest problem is that the army info screen does not have an exit screen button outside of a city

That's all I found for now probably some small ones I missed but those are the most important
Also Feral Wolves are listed as Feral Wolv on the strategic screen on their turn

Can confirm if you aren't in a city when you hit the Army Info button, you will be locked out of the game.
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:24 am

Anesthetic wrote:

Can confirm if you aren't in a city when you hit the Army Info button, you will be locked out of the game.

I was fine, it work just fine for me. *shrug*

What version are you guys using? 32bit or 64bit?
Turbotowns
???

Postby Anesthetic » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:48 am

Turbotowns wrote:
Anesthetic wrote:

Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:50 am

Anesthetic wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:
Anesthetic wrote:Can confirm if you aren't in a city when you hit the Army Info button, you will be locked out of the game.

Same here... weird.

Also, Auri, the boosted accuracy. Rather than HALVE the chance to miss like it says, it's DOUBLE.
Turbotowns
???

Postby SquishySofty » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:16 am

Tried the new version, and i'm calling it: Taurus Race is one of those Top tier Races. :lol:
Hmm... Don't know what's the mysterious slider with no tooltip about it. 8O

And yeah, i have to agree with Turbotowns. The Boosted Accuracy is actually the Negative effects instead of the 70% - 80% accuracy chance. Now we're getting like 20% - 30% accuracy chance.
Not feeling so well, don't expect much of me...
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:17 am

MikhailOberchav wrote:Hmmm, is there any way to edit the flavor text of eating other units. It would be awesome if surrendered units had more willing flavor text when they were eaten and absorbed, if not it's fine I really love starting new campaigns just to try out the new races and see their power firsthand. Also can't wait to see what you come up with for the diplomacy system, so much to look out for in this, I can't wait to see what's next.

Currently the only way to do this is to modify the unity project, but that may come as a feature at some point.

Jazzumness wrote:This update is massive amazing job as always
I know there is gonna be an inevitable hot fix version tomorrow or the next day so I was wondering if you could add a option to change back to the old tiles. the farms are kinda weird when there are a lot next to each other

I assume just for the farms would be okay, then, and leave the other types alone?

Estee wrote:In strategic I got stuck on the army info screen because some of the buttons including the one to go back on the map didn't show up.

Gotta say though, loving the patch so far. Also, would it be possible in the future to get an inside view on the guts/wombs/breasts/balls to see the struggling prey inside? It would be understandable if not because that would be a large effort making the sprites.

A quick test reveals the button is hidden if you're not playing in 16:9, so I'll get a quick patch up to fix that.
It's unlikely to happen due to the amount of sprites that would need to be created.

Deioth wrote:I'm excited about the bovines, however they seem to have fluff even with the option turned off?

I'll check into it and see if it looks okay with it removed.

Jazzumness wrote:You can also dismiss soldiers outside of a city although im curious where they go as I cant exit the screen

Dismissed soldiers head back to the nearest town as they have for a while. I'll look into the freezes, it's likely that's some setting that I don't have on, so I'll play around a little and see if I can reproduce it.

Turbotowns wrote:Y'know, this inventory could allow for like, healing items, but like where we'd need a blacksmith for advanced weapons, we'd need an apothecary for any potions or salves.
With the taurus do they have actual breast vore sprites, or do we still have to wait on those?
Speaking of sprites, there seems to be QUITE a few sprite issues involving cocks, from the pair appearing OVER a loincloth, to a second pair of balls during cock vore(And speak of, cock vore STILL removes the entire outfit).
And finally... with all races on, the save slots have run out of room(could you make a second column activate when enough races are active?) to list everyone. XD

I don't think any race has actual breast vore sprites at this point other than breasts getting larger when occupied.
I did some changes to try and improve the cock vore clothing issues but apparently made some new ones as well, I'll have to do a more thorough pass at it.
I'll see about making it spill into a second column, but I may also just add a scrollbar or make the slots bigger.

Turbotowns wrote:Also, Auri, the boosted accuracy. Rather than HALVE the chance to miss like it says, it's DOUBLE.

I'll fix that.

SilhouettiShine wrote:Hmm... Don't know what's the mysterious slider with no tooltip about it.

That controls army MP... apparently at the 5:4 aspect ratio the text disappears, so I'll address that.

Edit 17A Released

Had a little bit of time before work, so I got in and fixed the bug fixes mentioned. Sorry about that hidden button, I moved it around when I set up the army inventory button and didn't think to test that on different aspect ratios because I'd just duplicated it from another button that was in the right position.

17A:
Added an option to use the simple identical village field graphics.
Fixed another error with legacy tactical AI sometimes getting trapped in an infinite loop.
Fixed the army MP slider's text disappearing at certain aspect ratios, and added a tooltip for it as well.
Fixed the boosted odds calculation being incorrect.
Fixed the return to strategic button on the recruit screen being hidden if playing at anything outside of 16:9
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V17A

Postby CadmiumMan » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:53 pm

Howdy,

So, I'm not sure if this has been addressed at any point before or been discussed long ago in the chat log (on account of only recently becoming aware of this wonderful piece of work), but I possibly came across a glitch/bug that, when you move a unit and then rapidly move another unit before the first finishes its movement, it results in the newly selected unit teleporting to where the previous unit was going and the first unit simply stopping a tile before the teleported unit.

It's a bit more complex than that, having tried to replicate it multiple times, with the actual end result depending on whether you interrupt the teleport by moving the new unit or how quickly the original unit moves. Nonetheless, there is something that shouldn't be happening. Also, I've only tried it with the Taurus.

I've been exploiting it, so I have mixed feelings about seeing it go, but it may be indicative of other possible problems.
CadmiumMan
New to the forum

Postby Estee » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:01 pm

Out of curiosity, do you have an endgoal for this project? At which point would you consider the game finished?
Estee
Participator

Postby Ger-Fox » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:16 pm

is here a way to have just 1 color forest like before or make the tree brown and not white? its maybe just me but the alot of white make it a lil harder find the units everywhere xD before all was green and all was easy to find xD now its harder^^

ps: for the leader groups...can the icons not get a crown or something? somehow something to show them are the leaders? i know here is this one thingy but still i need to look 2x sometimes for see it xD mostly by dark colors^^

cows have a odd pussy right now ^^

this unique unit ....can just 1 race have it? i tried to test to buy it with 3 people but just 1 can buy it.
after buy it and kick it out the group you not can ever recrute it again because it lands in the town for hire. why? xD should it not return to the merc-house? 1 each race would be better^^ so each one can have one . so also nobody can block the other peoples special unit by buy it and never use it or demiss it for have it forever in the hire field^^

i like the new races like wolf and all. just curious about dark swallow thing. is this a weak unit? the name let it sound this strong xD did believe at first "small look but big vore effect" xD well....

thanks for the ap each turn option. i like this very much^^ extrem nice for giant maps^^ now add the multiplayer and im a happy fox xD

for unique....i would love some race special units. "kitsune 9 tail /goddess " or "lizard queen" or wolf moon goddess " XD

really good job add all this stuff. ^^
Ger-Fox
Participator

Postby GreenSlime » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:57 pm

For unique mercs, they're supposed to be singular, since they're actual characters. There will be more soon, with different strengths and talents. I guess there could be an option for unique mercs to return after some time when killed/eaten.
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Jazzumness » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:55 pm

Not sure why but the color of the strategic army flags for the Taurus changed from brown to the kangaroo color
Jazzumness
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game