Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V11D

Postby Aurilika » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:47 pm

SilhouettiShine wrote:I have arrived! And i tried the recent version of this game (Version 11D). I have to say, all of the bugs have been swept CLEAN! It's so great!
Though, i haven't tried to play with the AI (And hopefully they won't be a cheating little dummies), but i literally just played myself of how it goes.
The leadership update caught me OFF GUARD, and it's very unique to fix some balance issues. I didn't realize that the Leadership stats are useful when it shared to other members of the same group of troops. It's like, the leaders are the Final boss or the secret weapon to wipe all empires. xD
Sometimes, i can't eat some of the corpse laying down on the ground (Eatable corpse and see corpse are enabled at a time like this) whenever a troop dies. But that's not a problem anyways.
The map editor is also pretty unique as well. I didn't get a chance to play around with it, but i will in the future. c:
I didn't realized increasing the Strength/Dexterity can actually increases the damage output every 10 points have reached. That's neat to know (Unless if i am a dumbo and didn't know stuff. I-it's been a while okay?)
Oh my, the boobs size isn't really happy with the clothing. Though, if there's a dick, why there's no bulges on the clothing? 8O
Anyways, that's all i have to say! Keep up the good work tho! ❤

The AI shouldn't cheat at all now, unless you're playing against the cheating level AI that just cheats for money.
I'll check into the edible corpses again and make sure I don't see any other bugs
Well, the Strength/Dexterity increasing damage is a more recent change, so you have a good excuse for not knowing about it. (And actually I don't think I ever put that in the help documents, so I'll do that right now)
Yeah, the super large boob sizes don't play too well with the clothing at the moment. There's no bulges because no one has drawn them yet (and I'm not particularly interesting in trying to draw bulges)
Thank you, I will keep on as best I can! There should be a pretty significant patch in the next few days that won't be compatible with old save games, just so you know.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Absentia » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:13 pm

Well this revamping seems to have gone further than originally intended (I am not complaining) been fun watching you guys put this all together, and just wondering how much further you are going to go, because at this rate is looking to become a full-fledged game, well it is but you know what I mean.

And since I'm commenting I might as well ask have I have been wondering if you have been thinking of implementing FOW or not, don't remember it ever being mentioned, sorry if it has, hard to keep track of all the chatter here sometimes, I'm not requesting it, am just curious is all
Absentia
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:29 pm

Absentia wrote:Well this revamping seems to have gone further than originally intended (I am not complaining) been fun watching you guys put this all together, and just wondering how much further you are going to go, because at this rate is looking to become a full-fledged game, well it is but you know what I mean.

And since I'm commenting I might as well ask have I have been wondering if you have been thinking of implementing FOW or not, don't remember it ever being mentioned, sorry if it has, hard to keep track of all the chatter here sometimes, I'm not requesting it, am just curious is all

I'm assuming fow means fog of war, in which case have a look at this screenshot from my development build. :-D It, like many things is optional, and the AI knows everything, because programming a decent scouting / exploration AI is very low on the priority list, and the AI is far enough behind as it is.

fog.jpg
Fog of War
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby GreenSlime » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:02 am

Though, if there's a dick, why there's no bulges on the clothing?

Don't worry about that, there will be.
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:00 am

SilhouettiShine wrote:I have arrived! And i tried the recent version of this game (Version 11D). I have to say, all of the bugs have been swept CLEAN! It's so great!
Though, i haven't tried to play with the AI (And hopefully they won't be a cheating little dummies), but i literally just played myself of how it goes.

The leadership update caught me OFF GUARD, and it's very unique to fix some balance issues. I didn't realize that the Leadership stats are useful when it shared to other members of the same group of troops. It's like, the leaders are the Final boss or the secret weapon to wipe all empires. xD

Sometimes, i can't eat some of the corpse laying down on the ground (Eatable corpse and see corpse are enabled at a time like this) whenever a troop dies. But that's not a problem anyways.

The map editor is also pretty unique as well. I didn't get a chance to play around with it, but i will in the future. c:

I didn't realized increasing the Strength/Dexterity can actually increases the damage output every 10 points have reached. That's neat to know (Unless if i am a dumbo and didn't know stuff. I-it's been a while okay?)

Oh my, the boobs size isn't really happy with the clothing. Though, if there's a dick, why there's no bulges on the clothing? 8O

Anyways, that's all i have to say! Keep up the good work tho! ❤

Wow girl, how long have you been gone? XD
Turbotowns
???

Postby SquishySofty » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:26 am

Turbotowns wrote:Wow girl, how long have you been gone? XD

I've only gone for a month, because i was dealing some personal stuffs. Other than that, i'm doing fine ❤
Game Developer (With Godot Engine) and Sprite artist/animator ❤
❤ Maria best chunky girl~ ❤
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GreenSlime » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:46 am

So I got tired of drawing belly sizes (only a couple more to go and then i'll have to redraw all the clothes. Oof.) and quickly pixeled up a default Slime model. Hope it's droopy, slimy and squishy enough.

For weight gain options I plan to just make her lower part/breasts larger, so it's less work than humanoid model. But she has this imp-like pigmentation change, and I'll have to do slime-only hairstyles.
Attachments
slime grill.png
slime grill.png (4.64 KiB) Viewed 926 times
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby DollyFailFail » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:56 am

GreenSlime wrote:So I got tired of drawing belly sizes (only a couple more to go and then i'll have to redraw all the clothes. Oof.) and quickly pixeled up a default Slime model. Hope it's droopy, slimy and squishy enough.

For weight gain options I plan to just make her lower part/breasts larger, so it's less work than humanoid model. But she has this imp-like pigmentation change, and I'll have to do slime-only hairstyles.

Ooh, that's quite good!
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Absentia » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:52 pm

Aurilika wrote:
I'm assuming fow means fog of war, in which case have a look at this screenshot from my development build. :-D It, like many things is optional, and the AI knows everything, because programming a decent scouting / exploration AI is very low on the priority list, and the AI is far enough behind as it is.

lol Yep exactly what I meant, talk about being on the ball, but AI may be a little behind but it's there at least, just wish I had the skill set to help out.
Absentia
Somewhat familiar

Postby Grapefruitfanfic » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:45 pm

I was wondering if there were different stats for each race, or how high the idea is on the priority list. I had a couple ideas, but there aren't fleshed out yet. (also I'm working on sprites for a scorpion race so expect some files soon)
Grapefruitfanfic
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aurilika » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:29 pm

GreenSlime wrote:So I got tired of drawing belly sizes (only a couple more to go and then i'll have to redraw all the clothes. Oof.) and quickly pixeled up a default Slime model. Hope it's droopy, slimy and squishy enough.

Looking good. Is the red dot the slime core that shows up in various media?

Grapefruitfanfic wrote:I was wondering if there were different stats for each race, or how high the idea is on the priority list. I had a couple ideas, but there aren't fleshed out yet. (also I'm working on sprites for a scorpion race so expect some files soon)

There are not any yet. It's reasonably high on the priority list, but needs a more firm foundation before I actually start implementing it. A while back I was thinking of a Rise of Nations inspired system (the harpies have the power of flight -- can cross any tile for 1 mp, and get bonus to evasion, etc.) I was only able to think of 3 or 4 good ones though.

I'm thinking now that as the number of races grows and non-playable races start to play more of a part, I'd probably go for a tag system, where every empire/race would have a handful of assigned tags that have bonuses or penalties attached to them. Some tags would only show up on one race, while others may be on several different races. That saves having to come up with a wholly unique power for each race, but still gives a lot of variety for tweaking races.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby GreenSlime » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:40 pm

Looking good. Is the red dot the slime core that shows up in various media?

Yes.

I'd probably go for a tag system, where every empire/race would have a handful of assigned tags that have bonuses or penalties attached to them.

That's probably the best way to do it. Though with the unique tags for different units, I fear there'll be equal amount of programming required.
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Grapefruitfanfic » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:52 pm

I'd probably go for a tag system, where every empire/race would have a handful of assigned tags that have bonuses or penalties attached to them. Some tags would only show up on one race, while others may be on several different races.

That definitely would make things a bit easier for customization sake. Will this be in the shared project folder as well when it comes out?

Another question I have is more focused on sprite creation. Not sure if this has been answered, but is there a concrete way to assign certain sprites as clothes, or is that up to you?
Grapefruitfanfic
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:44 pm

Not bad, leave it to "Green 'Slime'" to make a decent slime girl. XD
Turbotowns
???

Postby SquishySofty » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:18 pm

Oh yeah. While i was digging back into one of the oldest files, this was from the Legacy Vorewar (Version 04F) before the clothing was implemented in the Remastered Vorewar. And at a time like this, it was only two races only that have that specific costumes. It was my first time implementing clothing in Vorewar (And the Legacy have cheating AI's. xD), soooo... I hope you enjoy em or such. xD
Attachments
sprites2.png
Shirt and Skirt
sprites2.png (15.34 KiB) Viewed 793 times
sprites3.png
Bra and Panties
sprites3.png (15.17 KiB) Viewed 793 times
sprites4.png
Dress
sprites4.png (15.35 KiB) Viewed 793 times
sprites5.png
"Cosplayer" dress
sprites5.png (11.24 KiB) Viewed 793 times
sprites6.png
Kimono
sprites6.png (11.92 KiB) Viewed 793 times
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:27 pm

GreenSlime wrote:
I'd probably go for a tag system, where every empire/race would have a handful of assigned tags that have bonuses or penalties attached to them.

That's probably the best way to do it. Though with the unique tags for different units, I fear there'll be equal amount of programming required.

I think it would be easier, because then I'd be programming around the tags rather than races. I wouldn't have to try to keep track of what races should have each power all over the place, granted I could do that with either system though.

Grapefruitfanfic wrote:That definitely would make things a bit easier for customization sake. Will this be in the shared project folder as well when it comes out?
Another question I have is more focused on sprite creation. Not sure if this has been answered, but is there a concrete way to assign certain sprites as clothes, or is that up to you?

Yeah, and I'll try to be more reliable about uploading that every patch instead of every few patches, or get a better system.
As for the clothes, clothes are keyed in manually, though I just need to make a reference to the image and set a few flags, see the example for the two bikini versions
Code: Select all
class BikiniTopless : ClothingBase
{
    public BikiniTopless()
    {
        discardSprite = State.GameManager.SpriteDictionary.Clothing[State.GameManager.SpriteDictionary.Clothing.Length - 5];
        maleOrTopless = true;
        Type = 1;
    }

public override void Configure(CompleteSprite sprite, Actor_Unit actor)
    {
        clothing1Sprite = State.GameManager.SpriteDictionary.Clothing[(actor.GetSprite(5) + 2) / 3]; //This is to use different clothes for different body sizes
        base.Configure(sprite, actor);
    }
}

class Bikini : ClothingBase
{
    public Bikini()
    {
        discardSprite = State.GameManager.SpriteDictionary.Clothing[State.GameManager.SpriteDictionary.Clothing.Length - 4];
        femaleOnly = true;
        Type = 2;
    }

public override void Configure(CompleteSprite sprite, Actor_Unit actor)
    {
        clothing1Sprite = State.GameManager.SpriteDictionary.Clothing[(actor.GetSprite(5) + 2) / 3];
        if (actor.Unit.BreastSize < 4)
            clothing2Sprite = State.GameManager.SpriteDictionary.Clothing[3];
        else
            clothing2Sprite = State.GameManager.SpriteDictionary.Clothing[4];
        base.Configure(sprite, actor);
    }
}

Then most of the races share a single clothing set, though races can deviate from that, like the lizards that have some of their own clothes, or the imps that have 100% unique clothes.

SilhouettiShine wrote:Oh yeah. While i was digging back into one of the oldest files, this was from the Legacy Vorewar (Version 04F) before the clothing was implemented in the Remastered Vorewar. And at a time like this, it was only two races only that have that specific costumes. It was my first time implementing clothing in Vorewar (And the Legacy have cheating AI's. xD), soooo... I hope you enjoy em or such. xD

Interesting, I see that you'd modified their tails as well. I may try to adapt some of those clothes later on for a bit more variety, though I'd have to double their resolution like I did with all the sprites.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:09 am

Whew, finally did what I'm been stalling on for too long. The game has been re-engineered to allow neutral armies in, such as the Vagrants. That's the reason I was stalling on them for so long, was that it seemed like a very intimidating task that I was trying to find the best way to do. It may not sound like much but I've been thinking about it in the back of my mind for like the last two weeks, and it's relief to finally have that out of the way. That will make bandit armies fairly easy to implement, though I'm not going to try to get them in this patch.

Now I just have to finish up the Vagrants (weapons, spawning system and AI), then add the gold mines and a UI to allow mid-game changes to empires, implement my new idea for race selection on the create strategic screen and then do some testing and I should be set. I'll probably put out the patch tomorrow night (well, today night now.. roughly 23 hours from now), assuming I don't run into any major setbacks.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby SquishySofty » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:13 am

I do have a question, regarding of the new information you just announced right now. Is there's an option to turn either of the empires neutral? Or only "Non-playable" empires, like the Bandits?
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:46 am

SilhouettiShine wrote:Oh yeah. While i was digging back into one of the oldest files, this was from the Legacy Vorewar (Version 04F) before the clothing was implemented in the Remastered Vorewar. And at a time like this, it was only two races only that have that specific costumes. It was my first time implementing clothing in Vorewar (And the Legacy have cheating AI's. xD), soooo... I hope you enjoy em or such. xD

Oh~ I LOVE the kimono!

SilhouettiShine wrote:I do have a question, regarding of the new information you just announced right now. Is there's an option to turn either of the empires neutral? Or only "Non-playable" empires, like the Bandits?

I think when they say neutral, they mean non-playable. The vagrants are these flying jellyfish that eat your units then fly away. Monster class, not a full empire.
Turbotowns
???

Postby GreenSlime » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:06 am

Oh, those clothes are cool. Though in Legacy I made clothes part of the weapon sprite, so I had rudimentary "classes".

Whew, finally did what I'm been stalling on for too long. The game has been re-engineered to allow neutral armies in, such as the Vagrants. That's the reason I was stalling on them for so long, was that it seemed like a very intimidating task that I was trying to find the best way to do. It may not sound like much but I've been thinking about it in the back of my mind for like the last two weeks, and it's relief to finally have that out of the way. That will make bandit armies fairly easy to implement, though I'm not going to try to get them in this patch.

Now I just have to finish up the Vagrants (weapons, spawning system and AI), then add the gold mines and a UI to allow mid-game changes to empires, implement my new idea for race selection on the create strategic screen and then do some testing and I should be set. I'll probably put out the patch tomorrow night (well, today night now.. roughly 23 hours from now), assuming I don't run into any major setbacks.

Really excited for vagrants and general monster implementation, great work, Aurilika! But with the implementation of monsters and neutral armies I feel like tactical battle is starting to fall behind. What if, while keeping old tactical screen (choose race, choose another race, go) there would be "advanced tactical battle" screen that looks like town recruitment screen that lets you pick a team out of units of every race (monsters too)? It will make it possible to manually customize units for tactical too.
Last edited by GreenSlime on Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
GreenSlime
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game