Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V08B

Postby nnnddt » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:33 pm

Aurilika, Ok. But basically, i would say this "issue" is already present in the game. I'm saying it because the quality of an army prevails against number (I did a game where i did a fight at 16 low lvl against 8 higher lvl; I won, but still lost half of my army even she was the double in number). And if we talk about ennemie's at lvl 8, forget to fight even with level 5-6, you'll lose really fast, because your army will be put in a place really... acid.

Actually, I think if you want to solve this issue, you should allow more fighters in a single fight, like if you start an attack and have nearby another group, they could join automatically the fight. The same is you are defender.
Another solution (and basically a things i would like to see in your game), would be to add teams (you could choose to be a team with another tribe since the beginning of the game or "talk" with one for have his support while the game for a time limited), and/or the possibility to see a third, fourth, etc... party to join the fight, not like ally, but like another ennemy of both of you.
Like this, the "number" could fight the "quality", even if enough victory would transform the quantity in quality. So in fact, the real possibility to get ride of this issue is the ability of the player to move correctly his pieces I think.

I would have a question on another topic, just for the information. So, I saw you did some bunny things, so, for sprites, what did you planned to work on (i'm talking about other races) ?
nnnddt
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:10 pm

SilhouettiShine wrote:Hmm...
I have a suggestion, but I'm not sure if other people said this before... But what if you devour other teammates to heal each other? (And have an option in the menu to "Automatically regurgitate if full health" or "Manually Regurgitate"). The downside is that the predator is much easier to get hit, which is already in the game, and the healing time takes up 2 or 3 turns to heal.

I've sort of considered things along these lines, but if a unit can simply heal another unit with no cost, then after every battle it would make sense for your entire army to be fully healed, right? I feel like that gets rid of some of the interesting scenarios, like when you risk advancing with an injured unit, so they can hopefully eat an enemy unit and recover a bunch of health, or ever really having to retreat on the strategic map or devour villages. I was thinking about having a unit unbirthing another to give health from one unit to another, or simply be able to hold them in a safe place where they don't have to worry about being killed off for the duration of the battle. If you think my assessment is wrong, I can certainly add it as a gameplay option, but I'm just sharing my point of view.

nnnddt wrote:Aurilika, Ok. But basically, i would say this "issue" is already present in the game. I'm saying it because the quality of an army prevails against number (I did a game where i did a fight at 16 low lvl against 8 higher lvl; I won, but still lost half of my army even she was the double in number). And if we talk about ennemie's at lvl 8, forget to fight even with level 5-6, you'll lose really fast, because your army will be put in a place really... acid.

Actually, I think if you want to solve this issue, you should allow more fighters in a single fight, like if you start an attack and have nearby another group, they could join automatically the fight. The same is you are defender.
Another solution (and basically a things i would like to see in your game), would be to add teams (you could choose to be a team with another tribe since the beginning of the game or "talk" with one for have his support while the game for a time limited), and/or the possibility to see a third, fourth, etc... party to join the fight, not like ally, but like another ennemy of both of you.
Like this, the "number" could fight the "quality", even if enough victory would transform the quantity in quality. So in fact, the real possibility to get ride of this issue is the ability of the player to move correctly his pieces I think.

I would have a question on another topic, just for the information. So, I saw you did some bunny things, so, for sprites, what did you planned to work on (i'm talking about other races) ?

Yes, I realize it is present to some degree. I'm just trying to keep it to a certain level.

I've thought about having combination groups like that, though the scenario was for using 2 armies to attack a village with full army and garrison, so that it's 32v32. The thing is, that would be hard to get the AI to use well.

Alliances temporary/permanent are definitely something I'm likely to add, especially as the number of races grows.

The bunnies will be added soon, I wanted to get the village placement on map creation to a better state first though. I'm definitely open to creating many races, people wouldn't have to use all of them. The biggest limiter is I am not particularly adept at art, but I don't want to just have placeholder graphics.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby SquishySofty » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:57 pm

Aurilika wrote:I was thinking about having a unit unbirthing another to give health from one unit to another, or simply be able to hold them in a safe place where they don't have to worry about being killed off for the duration of the battle.

If unbirthing is an option, i DEFINITELY looking forward for this game!
It's like the same function if you have like a fat stack of team with a lot of Voracity and Stomach, they'll be full health in no time. It's just over 90% or stay 100%.
The possible downside of the unbirth function is that it count as a Devour, despite of the Stomach stat. Like if they unbirthed a single injured unit if their stomach stat is under 20, and they attempt to devour another unit orally, then they can't devour them even if the stat is under 20. If it's over 20, then it's possible.
It's like one of those Mini "Healers". Or they can actually have like an item to purchase so they can use an Unbirth function, but i'm just speculating.

Anyways, keep up the good work! I might even make Fanart out of it, if i have the chance to ❤
Game Developer (With Godot Engine) and Sprite artist/animator ❤
❤ Maria best chunky girl~ ❤
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Rubiont-47 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:23 pm

Pretty good game. I really like it.

Aurilika wrote:I've sort of considered things along these lines, but if a unit can simply heal another unit with no cost, then after every battle it would make sense for your entire army to be fully healed, right? I feel like that gets rid of some of the interesting scenarios, like when you risk advancing with an injured unit, so they can hopefully eat an enemy unit and recover a bunch of health, or ever really having to retreat on the strategic map or devour villages. I was thinking about having a unit unbirthing another to give health from one unit to another, or simply be able to hold them in a safe place where they don't have to worry about being killed off for the duration of the battle. If you think my assessment is wrong, I can certainly add it as a gameplay option, but I'm just sharing my point of view.

Unbirth can be a temporary increase characteristics or temporary treatment. Unbirthers can give temporary effects during the battle itself. For example.
Sorry for my bad english.
Made in Russia.
Make some pixels.
Rubiont-47
Participator

Postby ninjajoeman » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:22 am

There seems to be a lot of incentive to turtle and level up your army. I don't recall fighting anything higher than lvl 1.
You also might want to consider limiting the number of girls you can take too. they can easilly get overpowered, and eventually one will just eat their entire army or whatever is left.
Maybe just limit whatever levels up to one leader and have a bunch of generic mooks that only slightly level up.

For a quick suggestion, could you maybe add a "select all" for customization. It would be useful if you want a consistent scheme for the entire army.

Will say I like that AI feature, its nice to just throw my favorite in to gobble up 5 and then have the AI handle the rest.
ninjajoeman
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:29 am

I'm definitely looking forward to more races.

Also, maybe an option to tweak to melee to ranged ratio in a pure tactical game, using solid numbers or percentages. So if I want 2 armies of 100, all melee, and see them eat eachother. Or just have an arrow rain fight, I could.

SilhouettiShine wrote:
Aurilika wrote:I was thinking about having a unit unbirthing another to give health from one unit to another, or simply be able to hold them in a safe place where they don't have to worry about being killed off for the duration of the battle.

If unbirthing is an option, i DEFINITELY looking forward for this game!
It's like the same function if you have like a fat stack of team with a lot of Voracity and Stomach, they'll be full health in no time. It's just over 90% or stay 100%.
The possible downside of the unbirth function is that it count as a Devour, despite of the Stomach stat. Like if they unbirthed a single injured unit if their stomach stat is under 20, and they attempt to devour another unit orally, then they can't devour them even if the stat is under 20. If it's over 20, then it's possible.
It's like one of those Mini "Healers". Or they can actually have like an item to purchase so they can use an Unbirth function, but i'm just speculating.

Anyways, keep up the good work! I might even make Fanart out of it, if i have the chance to ❤

I'd definitely like to see fan-art in your adorable artstyle. :wink:
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:05 pm

Another bug, when I loaded a half player, half ai game, that was in the middle of a battle between the two ai teams, no one moved, but any girls that were already in a belly was digested and absorbed, as if the ai was just hitting "end turn" repeatedly.

Aaaand now the save won't even load... The others still do, but not the bugged one.

Oh... it's cause I turned off watch AI battles, to try and skip it... re-enabling it allowed me the load the save... still borked though.

Now I've started a new game... and my income is displaying improperly...
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:09 pm

ninjajoeman wrote:There seems to be a lot of incentive to turtle and level up your army. I don't recall fighting anything higher than lvl 1.
You also might want to consider limiting the number of girls you can take too. they can easilly get overpowered, and eventually one will just eat their entire army or whatever is left.
Maybe just limit whatever levels up to one leader and have a bunch of generic mooks that only slightly level up.

For a quick suggestion, could you maybe add a "select all" for customization. It would be useful if you want a consistent scheme for the entire army.

Will say I like that AI feature, its nice to just throw my favorite in to gobble up 5 and then have the AI handle the rest.

Yeah, the whole leveling thing is still a work in progress. I'm leaning towards slowing levels down and making them less impactful per level, because high level characters basically become single person armies. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to do that, and the exp per level option will stay in there, so if people want to have super armies they can.

Basically, what you're looking for in customization is like "copy this (hair color / other customization) to all units in that army"? That's certainly doable.

Turbotowns wrote:Another bug, when I loaded a half player, half ai game, that was in the middle of a battle between the two ai teams, no one moved, but any girls that were already in a belly was digested and absorbed, as if the ai was just hitting "end turn" repeatedly.

Aaaand now the save won't even load... The others still do, but not the bugged one.

Oh... it's cause I turned off watch AI battles, to try and skip it... re-enabling it allowed me the load the save... still borked though.

Now I've started a new game... and my income is displaying improperly...

I'll definitely work on those issues, do you still have a copy of the save game? If you do, can you PM it to me so that I can more easily determine what the issue is?

I did find and fix the income displaying issue, I'm actually surprised I or anyone else didn't catch it sooner. It's actually that the income box wasn't wide enough, so the 3rd digit gets cut off.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:43 pm

Alright... this idea is probably a little weird.
K, how about instead of just vanishing, a killed girl lays there as a corpse, meaning any girls still inside still have to fight their way out(albeit more guaranteed this time, but it takes a couple turns), giving an enemy time to eat the corpse and the girls inside for nutrients, or, an ally could eat a deceased friend for the health from absorbing them, but also to maybe keep any enemies still inside from escaping. And, naturally, any corpses left after a fight is eaten by random girls in the winning army(like when you devour your own citizens), with hurt girls having a priority.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:15 pm

Turbotowns wrote:Alright... this idea is probably a little weird.
K, how about instead of just vanishing, a killed girl lays there as a corpse, meaning any girls still inside still have to fight their way out(albeit more guaranteed this time, but it takes a couple turns), giving an enemy time to eat the corpse and the girls inside for nutrients, or, an ally could eat a deceased friend for the health from absorbing them, but also to maybe keep any enemies still inside from escaping. And, naturally, any corpses left after a fight is eaten by random girls in the winning army(like when you devour your own citizens), with hurt girls having a priority.

You're right, that is a little weird, but aren't we all :lol:. That wouldn't be particularly hard to implement, though I would probably have it as an optional thing (corpses on/off). I'd probably have to make corpses occupy the square, because otherwise you'd need a pop-up asking if you were targeting the unit in that square or the corpse(s) which would be a little janky. If you needed to get through you could either eat it, or attack it to destroy it or knock it out the way. I'll stick it somewhere on the to-do list, though if I had decent sprites for it I'd elevate it.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:01 pm

It's already super biased in favor of a pred attacking people and going for swallows religiously. getting back a consumed soldier is a lot of effort, making it even harder to get them back in the fight will hurt the gameplay.

On another note, if unbirth is added, it would be nice to have the ability to check a box to turn it off.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:48 pm

A less weird idea, and one you might be already planning on. If you click a space outside of an army's range when you try to move them, they'll automatically make their way there on their own each turn(When you press "end turn" and didn't redirect them) Ala Sid Meier's Civilization(Including a little number on the dots to show how many turns it'll take to get there, but this isn't strictly necessary).
Turbotowns
???

Postby Orosaki » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:51 pm

GramzonTheDragon wrote:

It's already super biased in favor of a pred attacking people and going for swallows religiously. getting back a consumed soldier is a lot of effort, making it even harder to get them back in the fight will hurt the gameplay.

On another note, if unbirth is added, it would be nice to have the ability to check a box to turn it off.

If unbirth is added it could be a way to steal enemy troops, instead of outright killing them, but unbirthing them would be much more difficult to do than eating them.

On another note different races should have differing stats and stuff, for example cats should lean more towards dexterity while dogs lean more in favor of a balanced playstyle, leveling can of course change this. this will give players more incentive to try each one out for themselve to see which ones they prefer. It would also be nice to see team factions in the game and have 2 v2 or 3v3. Different armies on the same team can occupy the same space and towns, and if allowed even recruit from a an allied empires town.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
And if anyone asks I'm clearly the devil.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:57 am

Turbotowns wrote:A less weird idea, and one you might be already planning on. If you click a space outside of an army's range when you try to move them, they'll automatically make their way there on their own each turn(When you press "end turn" and didn't redirect them) Ala Sid Meier's Civilization(Including a little number on the dots to show how many turns it'll take to get there, but this isn't strictly necessary).

I wasn't currently planning on it, but that's probably a good idea. Would be pretty easy. Though I'd probably have it ask at the beginning of the turn so that if the situation changes units don't just automatically enter a battle or march to their death.
Orosaki wrote:...On another note different races should have differing stats and stuff, for example cats should lean more towards dexterity while dogs lean more in favor of a balanced playstyle, leveling can of course change this. this will give players more incentive to try each one out for themselve to see which ones they prefer. It would also be nice to see team factions in the game and have 2 v2 or 3v3. Different armies on the same team can occupy the same space and towns, and if allowed even recruit from a an allied empires town.

Differing stats is something that I plan to do, though I would make it a toggleable option (for potential balance reasons).

Team factions is something that I will add relatively soon. (Though any sort of cooperative tactical battles will be further away)
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:13 pm

Aurilika wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:A less weird idea, and one you might be already planning on. If you click a space outside of an army's range when you try to move them, they'll automatically make their way there on their own each turn(When you press "end turn" and didn't redirect them) Ala Sid Meier's Civilization(Including a little number on the dots to show how many turns it'll take to get there, but this isn't strictly necessary).

I wasn't currently planning on it, but that's probably a good idea. Would be pretty easy. Though I'd probably have it ask at the beginning of the turn so that if the situation changes units don't just automatically enter a battle or march to their death.

Maybe make the message toggle-able as well, I know that constantly having to click out of a window at the start of every turn would drive me up a wall. XD
Turbotowns
???

Re: Vore War V08C

Postby SquishySofty » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:14 pm

I think i do have ideas, but i'm not sure if these ideas are actually good enough.

Big things:
> "Healer" Class. They have a specific weapon for both melee and ranged, but weaker then either of the two solo weapons (Solo weapons, as in Melee only and Ranged only.). They're not built for fighting, they were built for Unbirth, which can slowly heal or protect units inside of their womb. They do have Basic and Advanced weapons, but it only make them heal them faster by digesting, or healing other troops in their womb. If the healer class is dead, then the whole team is in danger, if fighting against more then their troops or higher beefier levels.

> "Theif/Ninja" Class. They're fast, and they have the power to hit two times in one turn. They can go inside or through trees and objects that blocks their way. It makes them hidden once inside of objects, and increases the chance of not getting hit. Opposite team can't view their stats once they're inside of objects. Downside is that Thief/Ninja Class is Weak and have low health. They're very weak against Archers which is their biggest enemies, while they're okay with Melee troops in a 1v1 or 1v2 battle.

Small things:
> Numbers flying out of the character once they get hit by a specific damage they dealt. Pretend it's like Cave Story Hit indicator, instead of the usual "Red flash means hit" system. No seriously, it's hard to tell who gets hit and who doesn't, during an AI vs AI battle.

> If art was applied, have Effects such as Slashes or Archers shooting towards the opponent.

> Critical hit Stats (Which is dubbed as "Luck")

> Have the "Next turn" button as a hotkey, like you did with Melee, Ranged, and Vore as 1 2 3 keys.

> "Surrender" option, to make them go inside of the opposite team's gut with a fixed 100% chance.
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:37 pm

V08C was released a few hours ago. I guess I should actually post that as a message instead of only editing the main post.

Turbotowns wrote:Maybe make the message toggle-able as well, I know that constantly having to click out of a window at the start of every turn would drive me up a wall. XD

Maybe the better solution is to just have them cancel if there's an enemy within 3 tiles?

SilhouettiShine wrote:I think i do have ideas, but i'm not sure if these ideas are actually good enough.

Big things:
> "Healer" Class. They have a specific weapon for both melee and ranged, but weaker then either of the two solo weapons (Solo weapons, as in Melee only and Ranged only.). They're not built for fighting, they were built for Unbirth, which can slowly heal or protect units inside of their womb. They do have Basic and Advanced weapons, but it only make them heal them faster by digesting, or healing other troops in their womb. If the healer class is dead, then the whole team is in danger, if fighting against more then their troops or higher beefier levels.

> "Theif/Ninja" Class. They're fast, and they have the power to hit two times in one turn. They can go inside or through trees and objects that blocks their way. It makes them hidden once inside of objects, and increases the chance of not getting hit. Opposite team can't view their stats once they're inside of objects. Downside is that Thief/Ninja Class is Weak and have low health. They're very weak against Archers which is their biggest enemies, while they're okay with Melee troops in a 1v1 or 1v2 battle.

Small things:
> Numbers flying out of the character once they get hit by a specific damage they dealt. Pretend it's like Cave Story Hit indicator, instead of the usual "Red flash means hit" system. No seriously, it's hard to tell who gets hit and who doesn't, during an AI vs AI battle.

> If art was applied, have Effects such as Slashes or Archers shooting towards the opponent.

> Critical hit Stats (Which is dubbed as "Luck")

> Have the "Next turn" button as a hotkey, like you did with Melee, Ranged, and Vore as 1 2 3 keys.

> "Surrender" option, to make them go inside of the opposite team's gut with a fixed 100% chance.

I'll add damage numbers, as well as a "miss" text effect. I'll play around with effects and see what looks good. I'll add a next turn hotkey, and an surrender option (is that for an individual unit or the whole army?). Critical hits, I'm not completely sure, as it would make it harder to get enemies to low health without killing them, but maybe that should be part of the risk of trying to get them as low as possible.

I'm not opposed to other classes, but I plan to keep their numbers low and have them look distinct to avoid player confusion, especially when there's multiple armies to keep track of. I'll keep those classes in mind though. I'm trying to keep this quote from darkevilme on the original vore war's thread in mind:
darkevilme wrote:So. I had a chat with folks on the chat regarding vore war. They raised the rather important issue that if I want to make it FFTA ish FFTA had great depth, but a rather reduced roster. You didn't keep tabs on multiple armies of sixteen people each and you didn't field up to sixteen people a battle. It dilutes focus, which works against the kind of connection building that i implemented the RPG system to support.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby SquishySofty » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:44 pm

The classes one, i'm totally fine with that. You do you!

And the surrender one, I was aiming for the Individual Unit, if they cannot even win against a tough unit with high probability of winning.
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SquishySofty » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:38 pm

Thank goodness i tried the new build. Thing is that when i checked the town while playing as a bunny, it never said anything about how many bunny citizens they have.
And whenever i hover my mouse over the unit, some units automatically paused the game instead of having to show the stats. Which is frustrating, because i have to rely on the N key to select my units instead of manually clicking it.

On the side note, i can't beat an AI with ""Full Power' settings. They have like a fat stack of 10 - 16 units that wiped me out of the map. xD

Edit: In "Create Strategic", If you put Legacy on Tactical AI settings, and when both AI fight eachother, the game softlocks and both the AIs never moves at all. It happens if "Can vore" is disabled, and it happens to both modes, for my research. Using the Recent build (Version 08C)
Last edited by SquishySofty on Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:09 pm

SilhouettiShine wrote:Thank goodness i tried the new build. Thing is that when i checked the town while playing as a bunny, it never said anything about how many bunny citizens they have.
And whenever i hover my mouse over the unit, some units automatically paused the game instead of having to show the stats. Which is frustrating, because i have to rely on the N key to select my units instead of manually clicking it.

On the side note, i can't beat an AI with ""Full Power' settings. They have like a fat stack of 10 - 16 units that wiped me out of the map. xD

First issue is the length of the word bunnies being too long and getting cut off, I've got that fixed for the next version.

As for the pausing issue, that's really weird, the only way to pause the game should be pressing the pause button, which defaults to p. The only thing I can think of is that the pause button got rebound on your computer somehow, try checking the input tab in the unity launcher the next time you start the game. If you keep having problems I can just add a 'game is pauseable' menu option to keep it from being accidentally triggered.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game