Page 175 of 183

Re: Vore War V27A

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:32 pm
by VerduxXudrev
Aurilika wrote:
VerduxXudrev wrote:Bunnies still have the "Prey" Trait, even though I have removed the trait earlier. And yes, I did hit "save:"

If this is really on my end, please do tell me how to fix it.


My guess would be that the actual bunny empire has vore disabled. Open the menu and then click on the world settings button, and see if the bunny empire has a check by 'vore enabled' or not. It's disabled by default, mostly as a holdover from when they were a passive neutral empire.


That was the case. That box was absolutely unticked. Could you make box ticked by default? It's a little unfair to them.

Re: Vore War V27A

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:58 pm
by GreenSlime
Don't tell me i once again fell in a pattern on posting one thing, then disappearing for months. I did, isn't it.

Anyway, now that panthers are drawn here are a couple of assembled sprites to show my progress. Though next releases should be several new unique merc characters (honestly way overdue).

Re: Vore War V27A

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:33 pm
by YukiArikaMuze
ooo those look absolutely amazing loves the new art desine for those races <3

Re: Vore War V27A

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:22 am
by Younger99
GreenSlime wrote:Don't tell me i once again fell in a pattern on posting one thing, then disappearing for months. I did, isn't it.

Anyway, now that panthers are drawn here are a couple of assembled sprites to show my progress. Though next releases should be several new unique merc characters (honestly way overdue).

Nice work I must say so these three are mercs? Or are they redesigns of those races?

Re: Vore War V27A

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:28 am
by Turbotowns
I believe they're full redesigns(by what he and Auri said earlier, EVERYTHING's getting a revamped artstyle, here's the Cats, Puca(who are FAR more appealing now, personally speaking), and Imps).

Re: Vore War V27A

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:47 am
by Younger99
Turbotowns wrote:I believe they're full redesigns(by what he and Auri said earlier, EVERYTHING's getting a revamped artstyle, here's the Cats, Puca(who are FAR more appealing now, personally speaking), and Imps).

If that's true then I would be more then eager to have these redesigns added soon!

Re: Vore War V27A

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:48 am
by Alesleo
The new sprites are pretty good, the new imps in particular are really cool.
But to be honest I'm not a big fan of the new pucas, while they have more realistic proportions they lost a bit of their uniqueness to me. The hairy arms, big feet and terriermon-like ears clicked with me making them one of my personal favorites and some of the mercenaries I hired the most just for their looks. I hope there will be an option to switch to the old design if one wishes for it.

I hope I have not offended anyone. Please take my opinion with a grain of salt, I'm one of those who enjoy vore only with furry and monster characters so I'm probably the minority here.

Re: Vore War V27A

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:07 am
by Aces
I unno, I kinda like the new ones more. Also just opinion.

Re: Vore War V27A

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:30 am
by GreenSlime
But to be honest I'm not a big fan of the new pucas, while they have more realistic proportions they lost a bit of their uniqueness to me. The hairy arms, big feet and terriermon-like ears clicked with me making them one of my personal favorites and some of the mercenaries I hired the most just for their looks. I hope there will be an option to switch to the old design if one wishes for it.


Pucas will have several ear types, including those based on old ones. And it's not a final design yet, so making feet bigger and arms fluffier is easy to do.

For the most part what i'm aiming to do is fixes, not complete redesigns (though i will probably do a redesign for more "human" crypters and smaller bodies for harpies).

Re: Vore War V27A

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:33 am
by Deioth
Alesleo wrote:The new sprites are pretty good, the new imps in particular are really cool.
But to be honest I'm not a big fan of the new pucas, while they have more realistic proportions they lost a bit of their uniqueness to me. The hairy arms, big feet and terriermon-like ears clicked with me making them one of my personal favorites and some of the mercenaries I hired the most just for their looks. I hope there will be an option to switch to the old design if one wishes for it.

I hope I have not offended anyone. Please take my opinion with a grain of salt, I'm one of those who enjoy vore only with furry and monster characters so I'm probably the minority here.


Myself I want to see the horses cleaned up a bit and some proper customization for furry tauros. No eye options and half the hair styles look feminine on males (could use "Bald" option honestly), plus the forced fur pattern.

Re: Vore War V27A

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:24 pm
by carlj
Alesleo wrote:The new sprites are pretty good, the new imps in particular are really cool.
But to be honest I'm not a big fan of the new pucas, while they have more realistic proportions they lost a bit of their uniqueness to me. The hairy arms, big feet and terriermon-like ears clicked with me making them one of my personal favorites and some of the mercenaries I hired the most just for their looks. I hope there will be an option to switch to the old design if one wishes for it.

I hope I have not offended anyone. Please take my opinion with a grain of salt, I'm one of those who enjoy vore only with furry and monster characters so I'm probably the minority here.


I'm going to say that there'll be an option to switch to the old ones if you don't fancy the new sprites.
I personally love those redesign, makes them more unique from one another, i would love to have a new sprite for the kangaroos too (maybe give them actual boobs for females this time) and the lamias maybe but they are pretty good already (make their tail longer and have more sprites for the tail belly), i get that's gonna be a lot of work but i can wait.

Re: Vore War V27A

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:46 pm
by soline
Possibly stupid question;

How do I get anyone to do anything other than Oral? I haven't played extensively I'll admit, and am I think just going for random plays rather than 'gaming' (Pure Tactical and AI-v-AI or myself on one party just to slow down the combat speed to enjoy the vore), but species that I believe should have Alt-Vore types just aren't using them, and when player controlled there's no option?

I have checked in the Race Editor and, for example, Aligators have no tick in the Unbirth/Cock/Anal-disabled boxes, and my options box has ticked 'avoid oral', however in multiple matches gators purely use oral vore, and even controlling the species myself it only offers basic attacks and Oral-Vore chances. I've tried ramping the levels up to 99 just in case it's unlockable but, nada.

Re: Vore War V27A

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:23 pm
by Dragonlord
soline wrote:Possibly stupid question;

How do I get anyone to do anything other than Oral? I haven't played extensively I'll admit, and am I think just going for random plays rather than 'gaming' (Pure Tactical and AI-v-AI or myself on one party just to slow down the combat speed to enjoy the vore), but species that I believe should have Alt-Vore types just aren't using them, and when player controlled there's no option?

I have checked in the Race Editor and, for example, Aligators have no tick in the Unbirth/Cock/Anal-disabled boxes, and my options box has ticked 'avoid oral', however in multiple matches gators purely use oral vore, and even controlling the species myself it only offers basic attacks and Oral-Vore chances. I've tried ramping the levels up to 99 just in case it's unlockable but, nada.


There are two options. You can either hit '3' to bring up a vore attack and then right click for a list of options, or select other vore attacks off the action bar on the right side. There should also be a "Discourage Oral Vore" check box somewhere.

On a similar note, I've got a potentially dumb question myself. Is there any way to play as one of the monster races beyond having them take a town and then taking it back from them or having a monster mercenary eat a town? I'd really like to run a monster game but using the luck or mercenary methods is a bit slow and tedious.

Re: Vore War V27A

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:21 pm
by Turbotowns
You don't have to hit 3 before the menu, just right click a target and you get a full list of feasible attacks, from magic to each of the vore types(it even has a submenu for the different pounce vores). (Oh, yeah, and if it the attack can't reach the target, it'll be greyed out.)

Also, they already said they have "discourage oral vore" checked.
soline wrote:...and my options box has ticked 'avoid oral'...

Re: Vore War V27A

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:28 pm
by Koki
The easy way to do it is to start a strategic game as a standard race, then hit esc and find the cheat menu button. One of the options is an empire replacer, which lets you replace whatever current empire you're playing as with non-standard races. It doesn't include all the monsters though, I think some of the extra mercs like Zoey aren't considered a race you can play.

Re: Vore War V27A

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:27 pm
by Aurilika
soline wrote:Possibly stupid question;

How do I get anyone to do anything other than Oral? I haven't played extensively I'll admit, and am I think just going for random plays rather than 'gaming' (Pure Tactical and AI-v-AI or myself on one party just to slow down the combat speed to enjoy the vore), but species that I believe should have Alt-Vore types just aren't using them, and when player controlled there's no option?

I have checked in the Race Editor and, for example, Aligators have no tick in the Unbirth/Cock/Anal-disabled boxes, and my options box has ticked 'avoid oral', however in multiple matches gators purely use oral vore, and even controlling the species myself it only offers basic attacks and Oral-Vore chances. I've tried ramping the levels up to 99 just in case it's unlockable but, nada.


So, I'm going to guess that your issue is that you need to enable the other vore types in the content settings window. You can then save the settings as the default, so that you don't have to enable it each time you make a game. At first run, oral is the one one enabled, because everyone has differences in what they like and don't like.

Dragonlord wrote:On a similar note, I've got a potentially dumb question myself. Is there any way to play as one of the monster races beyond having them take a town and then taking it back from them or having a monster mercenary eat a town? I'd really like to run a monster game but using the luck or mercenary methods is a bit slow and tedious.

As Koki says, the way to do that is using the cheat menu. You can replace races with other races, which changes their villages and leaders to that race, but doesn't mess with any currently existing units. You can use it to have mirror matches, or bring in the mercenary races. Worth noting that they won't necessarily be even with the other races in power.

Re: Vore War V27A

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:05 pm
by Micadi
So, I've been working on something new. Not sure about the colour palettes for this race though, should I stick with grey/brown-ish colours or go more colourful? I would also ask for general feedback if possible. If I receive no complaints I will submit them as they are :P (and yes, they have animated wings and tails too, I've run into a dozen bugs trying to figure out how to animate those properly)

Re: Vore War V27A

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:26 pm
by Younger99
Micadi wrote:So, I've been working on something new. Not sure about the colour palettes for this race though, should I stick with grey/brown-ish colours or go more colourful? I would also ask for general feedback if possible. If I receive no complaints I will submit them as they are :P (and yes, they have animated wings and tails too, I've run into a dozen bugs trying to figure out how to animate those properly)

They look great! I would love to have some of these bats involved! XD

Re: Vore War V27A

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:31 pm
by tigersebel
just a little question does voreing your enemies give you any benefit besides healing? i mean does it give you extra EP or some increased stats? because i saw in the trait menu that there is a trait that that grants enhanced stats after every 4 kills or so. but i couldn't find a version of this for vored enemies. does this mean it is already a core mechhanic or something like this? or do i just pretend too much into it?

Re: Vore War V27A

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:50 pm
by Thibs
tigersebel wrote:just a little question does voreing your enemies give you any benefit besides healing? i mean does it give you extra EP or some increased stats? because i saw in the trait menu that there is a trait that that grants enhanced stats after every 4 kills or so. but i couldn't find a version of this for vored enemies. does this mean it is already a core mechhanic or something like this? or do i just pretend too much into it?


You get bonus exp for voring. The amount is based on the prey’s level. If you have one character vore an entire map of characters they’ll get much more exp than everyone else just for fighting. Pretty sure there’s a cheat trait that gives you an even bigger burst of exp for digesting someone.