Planning on making a vore/feederism themed RPG!

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Planning on making a vore/feederism themed RPG!

Postby Lapisthegardevoir » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:16 pm

I've been having a growing interest in making things with RPG maker MV :0 I'm already testing the waters with a simple joke game for me and my friends, but after seeing some other Belly themed RPG's out there, I kinda really wanna make my own too!

I was hoping if anyone can lend me some advice! Like say how I'd be able to affect a characters battle sprite depending on how full they are, ideas for game mechanics, etc etc.

I'll update this first post as I come up with ideas and stuff, definitely would love to hear from y'all too!

vvv editing in progress vvv
I already have a general list of ideas I'd wanna try out, and I'll go ahead 'n start listing em!~

Main plot
Spoiler: show
You take control of a couple of lovebirds, Lapis and Rosie!
One way or another, the both of you ended up trapped in a strange fantasy world with just the clothes on your backs (And already insatiable appetites!) It's your mission to survive in this new, strange world, keep your bellies full and figure out why you're stuck in this strange land full of oddly delicious food themed enemies!

I still gotta think about a bunch of world building stuff and NPC's n quests too, but so far this is the main premise in a nutshell!~
Attachments
Lapisthegardevoir-460401-863d1a99-5bae-4607-bdca-c8526c13d2d7.png
The two main protags, Lapis (Left) and Rosie (Right)
Just a Beb doing Bebbish things~
Lapisthegardevoir
New to the forum

Re: Planning on making a vore/feederism themed RPG!

Postby maniacalfork » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:17 pm

I've never worked with MV, but I played around with xp and vx a while ago trying to do this sort of thing, and found it was effectively impossible to do what I wanted without writing my own scripts. Again, I can't speak for mv directly, but you'll need a good amount of technical knowledge if you want to incorporate vore into the battle system. The battle system in older editions is extremely rigid, you can't really do anything with it without writing a good bit from scratch. There are definitely a bunch of people here that can help with script writing though, and it's always worth looking around on google for free scripts to use. I know also that vx had some extra scripts hidden away in its files, so I assume mv probably has more. Once you start writing your own scripts though, a lot of the utility of rpgmaker starts to diminish, because the graphical interface becomes unusable.

As for proper help, while I'm not familiar with scripting, I'm pretty decent at spritework, and I'd be happy to contribute.
maniacalfork
New to the forum

Postby Lapisthegardevoir » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:34 pm

I can imagine how tough scripting would be xux I really don't have much experience with coding, but I'm more than willing to tinker with the default stuff MV has and kind of work around it. The most I really want is a characters belly visibly changing depending on weight or cullness
Lapisthegardevoir
New to the forum

Postby Indighost » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:22 pm

I agree with Maniacalfork; while I think that newer versions of "RPG Maker" are more mod friendly, You're gonna need to be ready to do some coding to get a good quality result. The good news is that no matter what, you really don't need to make your own engine, there's tons of ready-made basic game engines out there, and RPG Maker is an okay place to start.

The other good news is that scripting and coding is fun and not as tough as you may think it is :)
Indighost
---

Postby Lapisthegardevoir » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:37 am

maniacalfork wrote:As for proper help, while I'm not familiar with scripting, I'm pretty decent at spritework, and I'd be happy to contribute.

Some help with spritework would be greatly appreciated xux At least just for the player sprites! I don't have much experience with spriting aside from editing some gardevoir sprite once
Lapisthegardevoir
New to the forum

Postby ChillMistressFreia » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:50 am

Nice! Looking forward to seeing some good stuff come out of this project, Lapis!
ChillMistressFreia
---

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:28 pm

Feederism, eh? Call me intrigued~
Turbotowns
???

Postby Lapisthegardevoir » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:57 am

Holy heck I spent probably too much time just making a sample sprite sheet for me to use x3x
At least now I can get to work on art stuff for the game
Expect updates on incoming battler sprites! With alternate belly sizes to boat!
Lapisthegardevoir
New to the forum

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:16 pm

Lapisthegardevoir wrote:Holy heck I spent probably too much time just making a sample sprite sheet for me to use x3x
At least now I can get to work on art stuff for the game
Expect updates on incoming battler sprites! With alternate belly sizes to boat!

Oh~ Looking forward to it! ^^
Turbotowns
???

Postby NekoYuki » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:13 pm

If you are using VX, and need help,. let me know i have some experience in it
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby Coolguywithhat » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:48 am

well I cant wait! C:
Coolguywithhat
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:41 am

It's nice to finally see an anthro vore game for a change... they're so lacking it's not even funny. Going to be following the progress on this.
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Return to Vore game