Vore DBS [VX Ace] - Not to be confused with Vore ABS

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Vore DBS [VX Ace] - Not to be confused with Vore ABS

Postby polyedit2000 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:34 am

Game: Vore DBS Demo
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tfwad7405 ... S.zip/file

Changelog:
-The party now has their character sprites.
-Death should not turn you into a corpse on a map, but it will slow you down.

---

This is mainly a tech demo since I can't come up with a fitting story at the moment. However, I'm not the kind to half-ass on some parts, so this was released once the scripts have achieved "perfection". That is, I have put as many features as I could and rolled away many bugs.

Anyway, this demo has a short tutorial in the first half. The quicknotes is that if an enemy eats you and you can still fight, you can only target your eater or whoever's in that stomach. I might also use this engine for bondage games.

However, I do not know if I will release the scripts as a separate download, considering that at least one script from Himeworks was modified to make this possible (and a couple more to make it very fancy).
Last edited by polyedit2000 on Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
polyedit2000
Participator

Re: Vore DBS [VX Ace] - Not to be confused with Vore ABS

Postby DollyFailFail » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:20 am

Well, I certainly liked it for what it was, but I did notice one bug(so far at least) that being when I finished a battle, I could no longer move, for now I'm going to assume this is because the party leader had been defeated in the battle and therefor intentional, but when I tried to switch to one of the other characters the game crashed immediately.

Edit: It seems the problem extends to entering the menu at all outside of combat, which means that saving, loading, and using items when you aren't in combat is completely impossible after a battle.
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby polyedit2000 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:15 pm

Ah, the funny thing is that the problem isn't with the DBS but with the ABS as I used the ABS code as a basis. And part of the ABS experience I was going for was to negate movement and menu access whenever you're immobilized on the map, including death (with the ability to rotate the party on map). It seems I forgot to remove that little detail, and I'll reupload the correction tonight.
polyedit2000
Participator

Postby DollyFailFail » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:02 pm

Thanks, it's been holding me back from actually being able to do the fights at the end because I didn't want to keep going back through the tutorial section to get there. Based on what I've read about this thing on your blogspot, I'm really looking forward to seeing the actual full project for this.

Do you think it would be possible to do something similar to with your Vore ABS where if you run away from an enemy while one of your party members is captured/eaten/whatever then you leave them behind? I'd certainly be interested in seeing that if it's possible.
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby polyedit2000 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:01 pm

This demo was limited so that if at least one person was vored, the party couldn't escape. This is partly because the demo did not have a retrieval site and there were dead party members to consider.

But if I wanted to incorporate Abandonment in the game, then it is possible. Escape would instead remove the afflicted people from the party, either to respawn them at the hub with a recruitment switch or place them in a nest with a set of party variables and a map variable. Of course, I also have to deny escape when all living members are vored because going back to the map with a dead or missing party would be interesting in a unwanted way.
polyedit2000
Participator

Postby SquishySofty » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:40 pm

I just tried the game, and my god, i'm already loving this game so far! I maaaay have an attachment to Stinker, since it's one of my favorite enemy to fight. ❤ (May draw some fanart out of this one, if i have the chance to~)
Not feeling so well, don't expect much of me...
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby polyedit2000 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:23 pm

Thanks. The Stinker is like a skunk and I decided that, due to testing out the additional vore-state feature, its other attack would be a gas. Poison and Blind had been considered the way they to make the fight fair.

Also, keep in mind that the creatures are in their rough draft. If I am to continue development, said creatures would be shrunk and color and might also be given additional features for each individual girl.
polyedit2000
Participator

Return to Vore game