Need people for this vorish game I'm thinking up

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Need people for this vorish game I'm thinking up

Postby Lightvsdark777 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:16 pm

https://www.castingcall.club/projects/c ... me-concept

I need voice actors, an artist, and someone to code the game itself. For the art, I don't want MS Paint stuff that looks like you only took 20 minutes of your time to make. I want effort put into it. For those who do their part, I will write a free story for you! However, there are limits to what you can request in terms of the story itself, so you should PM me to find out.
Lightvsdark777
Been posting for a bit

Re: Need people for this vorish game I'm thinking up

Postby Phietto » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:54 pm

Didn't you post this like two days ago? Stick to one forum please.

Also lmao "I won't pay you but maybe I'll write you a clinical 500 word snippet that looks like I only took 20 minutes of my time to make"
I do stuff, but also I made a text adventure!
THETA Patreon
Phietto
Been posting for a bit

Re: Need voice actors for this vorish game I'm thinking up

Postby Aleph-Null » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:04 pm

This is your third post for the exact same thing.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby YouCanFreshMyFresh » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:25 pm

My fella, if you aren't doing the coding, the art, or the audio, it's not your game. You're asking people to make the entire game for you, presumably to your paricular criteria, and saying that if they're lucky, you'll maybe write a very short story for them, if it also lines up with your interests.

There's a reason there's no job listings for the "idea guy." Don't be an idea guy.
YouCanFreshMyFresh
Somewhat familiar

Postby AcevisElecion » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:29 pm

Phietto wrote:Didn't you post this like two days ago? Stick to one forum please.

Also lmao "I won't pay you but maybe I'll write you a clinical 500 word snippet that looks like I only took 20 minutes of my time to make"

I'd go as far to say that, in particular that isn't the insulting the part. The insulting part is, in spite of the OP's stingent requirements for participation and quality, THEY themselves have put on a hard limit on even the meager compensation they are proposing to give. Not only MIGHT they write a story, but they have put limits on what they're going to write about.

It'd be flat out funny if it wasn't so blatantly insulting.
AcevisElecion
Somewhat familiar

Postby Lightvsdark777 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:57 pm

AcevisElecion wrote:
Phietto wrote:Didn't you post this like two days ago? Stick to one forum please.

I'd go as far to say that, in particular that isn't the insulting the part. The insulting part is, in spite of the OP's stingent requirements for participation and quality, THEY themselves have put on a hard limit on even the meager compensation they are proposing to give. Not only MIGHT they write a story, but they have put limits on what they're going to write about.

It'd be flat out funny if it wasn't so blatantly insulting.

Sorry about that. I don't have a job and I'm trying to find one as they speak. And as for limits when it comes to story writing, I mean no gross stuff (scat, pee, watersports, ect.). I didn't mean to come off as insulting there.
Lightvsdark777
Been posting for a bit

Postby Lightvsdark777 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:02 pm

YouCanFreshMyFresh wrote:My fella, if you aren't doing the coding, the art, or the audio, it's not your game. You're asking people to make the entire game for you, presumably to your paricular criteria, and saying that if they're lucky, you'll maybe write a very short story for them, if it also lines up with your interests.

There's a reason there's no job listings for the "idea guy." Don't be an idea guy.

Thank you for pointing that out for me. I didn't want to be the idea guy.
Lightvsdark777
Been posting for a bit

Postby empatheticapathy » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:29 pm

You need a game before you start assembling a team. Trust me.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby Alicodus » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:12 pm

I would recommend giving your shot at the skills you're looking for. If you were to re-post this thread saying "This is what I have for my game. Anyone want to help?" with links to actual content you've tried your hand at. I think people would be much more inclined to check it out.

And you never know if you might happen to like coding, or art, or writing. You could even discover a newfound interest.

"You don't want to find out the hard way
How our society treats
The misfits who make mistakes"
- Lard -"I Am Your Clock"
Alicodus
Participator

Postby kiriaflurry » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:12 pm

Isn't the idea somewhat similar to Talking Head?
kiriaflurry
Somewhat familiar

Postby Datstrudel » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:56 am

What game program ate you planning to use?
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Nopm » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:21 am

You're not just the "idea guy". You didn't mention any writers, so I deduce you'd be the one doing the writing. But proposing a trade isn't the way to assemble a team, you gotta pay people for that. And voice actors? On Eka's? Seriously? I don't mean to sound insulting to people who've done it (I've seen it done here before) but that's not something I'd put up my money for, not here, at least. I've been writing code for 8 years, but a 500 word story isn't very appealing. Like I said in the beginning of this unnecessarily large post: you've got to be willing to actually pay people for this.
Nopm
New to the forum

Postby Arrogancy » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:58 am

r/choosingbeggars
Arrogancy
New to the forum

Postby Speedyblupi » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:11 pm

Come on guys, it's fine. Some people are just interested in coming together to make stuff. Gamejams exist. I get that a lot of people wouldn't be interested in helping make a game for nothing, but that doesn't mean no-one is.
Speedyblupi
Participator

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:03 pm

Speedyblupi wrote:Come on guys, it's fine. Some people are just interested in coming together to make stuff. Gamejams exist. I get that a lot of people wouldn't be interested in helping make a game for nothing, but that doesn't mean no-one is.

At gamejams participants usually all have a say in what they're going to make, they usually all know the direction that is going to be taken and have agreed on it.

This is someone requesting their own vision to be executed, not a collaborative work.

If you're requesting someone's time to execute your vision it's understandable for them to expect compensation, either through profit sharing or up front payment.

Besides this concept doesn't seem all that difficult to execute in part on their own.

What you're essentially trying to make could be done with a variety of Visual Novel engines. These engines are not difficult for someone who has never even coded before to utilize and make something.

If you're a writer you shouldn't have any problems making the bones of this game yourself and writing it all out. If you can do that for a few of the characters it will likely inspire a lot more confidence in people to contribute.

That's my advice at least. These kind of threads are far more respected when they show at least some effort has been put in already and the creator isn't the "Idea Guy"
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby Nopm » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:56 pm

ryanshowseason3 wrote:
Speedyblupi wrote:Come on guys, it's fine. Some people are just interested in coming together to make stuff. Gamejams exist. I get that a lot of people wouldn't be interested in helping make a game for nothing, but that doesn't mean no-one is.

At gamejams participants usually all have a say in what they're going to make, they usually all know the direction that is going to be taken and have agreed on it.

This is someone requesting their own vision to be executed, not a collaborative work.

If you're requesting someone's time to execute your vision it's understandable for them to expect compensation, either through profit sharing or up front payment.

Besides this concept doesn't seem all that difficult to execute in part on their own.

What you're essentially trying to make could be done with a variety of Visual Novel engines. These engines are not difficult for someone who has never even coded before to utilize and make something.

If you're a writer you shouldn't have any problems making the bones of this game yourself and writing it all out. If you can do that for a few of the characters it will likely inspire a lot more confidence in people to contribute.

That's my advice at least. These kind of threads are far more respected when they show at least some effort has been put in already and the creator isn't the "Idea Guy"

In my personal opinion, there are far too many RPG Maker/visual novel style of games in this subforum already. We could really use something different, with more effort put in, not just photoshopped anime images with bellies. But you're right, showing some progress before you ask for a team is the way to go if you're not willing to pay.
Nopm
New to the forum

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:23 pm

Nopm wrote:In my personal opinion, there are far too many RPG Maker/visual novel style of games in this subforum already. We could really use something different, with more effort put in, not just photoshopped anime images with bellies.

I'm just going off this description of their project:

Exactly what it says on the tin. In it, you're given an option to choose a predator through the main menu. Each one has unique dialogue. Depending on your dialogue choices, you either can be swallowed whole, crushed, or a variety of other things. Oh, also, you're very small in the game. About an inch tall, to be precise.

Which is at it's core a visual novel. I can't see making a platformer or another type of game from that. That's why I suggested it.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby Nopm » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:30 pm

ryanshowseason3 wrote:
Nopm wrote:In my personal opinion, there are far too many RPG Maker/visual novel style of games in this subforum already. We could really use something different, with more effort put in, not just photoshopped anime images with bellies.

I'm just going off this description of their project:

Exactly what it says on the tin. In it, you're given an option to choose a predator through the main menu. Each one has unique dialogue. Depending on your dialogue choices, you either can be swallowed whole, crushed, or a variety of other things. Oh, also, you're very small in the game. About an inch tall, to be precise.

Which is at it's core a visual novel. I can't see making a platformer or another type of game from that. That's why I suggested it.

Hmm, you certainly have a point. But I'd still like to see actual art being done instead of image editing. Also, for the OP: since it's a text-based game, you should probably use Ren'py. Python is easy enough (way too easy) and you won't even need to use it if you're not doing anything which requires computation. I have never used Ren'py before though, so I'm not too sure if you can get away without using scripts.
Nopm
New to the forum

Postby Speedyblupi » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:06 pm

ryanshowseason3 wrote:At gamejams participants usually all have a say in what they're going to make, they usually all know the direction that is going to be taken and have agreed on it.

Sometimes, but not always, and I'm not even sure if it's "usually", either. There are often teams where one or two people are responsible for design and story, and the rest are just making whatever assets the team's leaders tell them to, at least in my experience. I guess it might depend on the jam.
Speedyblupi
Participator

Return to Vore game