Stellaris Vore Mod - Apex Xenos 0.3.2b by InternIsla

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

What type of empire do you play?

Pred empire
53%
Prey empire
26%
Alt-vore empire
21%

Total votes : 934

Re: Stellaris Vore Mod - Apex Xenos 0.3.2b by InternIsla

Postby Darksteelrob » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:58 am

im just asking as something in my stellaris mod list doesnt work and i dont know what, sorry if i was a bother
Darksteelrob
Been posting for a bit

Postby jokerert1 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:49 pm

is there a changelog or list of what this mod adds in detail ?
jokerert1
Been posting for a bit

Postby SpamSpam05 » Fri May 14, 2021 6:24 pm

I don't know if this is the proper area, but does the criminal jobs for preds have to be so expensive? I'd be fine if it was only 4 consumer goods but 6 just throws my entire economy into wack, one more thing, I feel like the pred criminal event happens too often. is it possible for it be a replacement for the criminal underworld? or would that just screw everything up? This mod is really cool and I hope you continue development.

Thanks
SpamSpam05
New to the forum

Postby SpamSpam05 » Fri May 14, 2021 7:06 pm

I don't know if this is the right area, but I think the pred criminals are too frequent. Is it possible for them to happen similar to how criminal underworlds happen? or would that screw too much up. This mod is really cool and i hope you continue development.

Thanks
SpamSpam05
New to the forum

Postby yoshi1599 » Fri May 21, 2021 8:47 pm

Quick question is Apex Xenos suppose to disable the vanilla livestock?
yoshi1599
New to the forum

Postby D21Jaydee » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:29 pm

Hello! I decided to give these mods a try, but for some reason none of them appear on my end whenever I place them on the mod directory in the Documents folder for Stellaris. It's honestly driving me mad. I've tried deleting some of the mod settings as some instructions give, even using Irony Mod Manager, but none have shown up on any playthrough after having placed them for a vore-related playlist. I placed the folders on them as the image showed.

I added a Steam Workshop mod to test, and it seems to work. But for manually-added mods, the managers SAY they detect them, but nothing appears in-game.
D21Jaydee
Been posting for a bit

Postby Searnadrix » Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:54 am

The only thing I can think of that might help is that the mod may not be enabled in the Paradox Launcher. You may want to double check the Mods Playsets tab to make sure it's been activated.
Searnadrix
Been posting for a bit

Postby Anonymous111 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:23 am

why no cock, breast, or anal vore?
also there should be an event that can happen when an unbirth capable population is on the same planet as another population where the other race is unbirthed "killing" some of the other race and accelerating the pop growth of the ub race or just creating pop of the ub race equal to the amount killed
Anonymous111
Somewhat familiar

Postby Gutlover » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:37 pm

I'm thinking of branching out Apex into an addon mod for Lustful Void if anyone would be into that.

I have some ideas for vorgy decisions, breast vore that produces milk as a resource, and reskinning Invasive Breeders to be an unbirth origin instead of using the more restrictive necrophage.
Gutlover
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Searnadrix » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:31 pm

Gutlover wrote:I'm thinking of branching out Apex into an addon mod for Lustful Void if anyone would be into that.

I have some ideas for vorgy decisions, breast vore that produces milk as a resource, and reskinning Invasive Breeders to be an unbirth origin instead of using the more restrictive necrophage.

I would like to see crossover between those, especially if it opens up a lot more options for dialog and events.
Searnadrix
Been posting for a bit

Postby shaw843 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:41 pm

Anonymous111 wrote:why no cock, breast, or anal vore?
also there should be an event that can happen when an unbirth capable population is on the same planet as another population where the other race is unbirthed "killing" some of the other race and accelerating the pop growth of the ub race or just creating pop of the ub race equal to the amount killed

Just never saw much development after the first few beta versions beyond making sure new Stellaris updates didnt break shit.

And even then, the Dev has been AWOL for a long while.
shaw843
New to the forum

Postby Gutlover » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:51 pm

Yeah it's been essentially put on hiatus. Same with Bloodborne's CK3 mod. I don't blame them, it's a pain keeping everything up to date, and working with all of Paradox's code changes.

But if any writers would like to contribute and create some vore events, i'd be happy to include them in my personal update.
Gutlover
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Searnadrix » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:09 pm

I don't consider myself a writer so I don't have the full details, but having some random political events where leaders get caught eating/unbirthing people would be nice. Consensual and nonconsensual events like that could make for some fun empire relations effects. I'm open to discussing more details in PM's if you'd prefer.
Searnadrix
Been posting for a bit

Postby rez » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:29 pm

I think adding some events to the first contact system could be a good idea.
Also I would like to propose adding some pred focused tecks somehow.(Perhaps using the same kind of system that make psionics rare)
rez
Somewhat familiar

Postby Gutlover » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:41 pm

I was thinking of adding technology in the future. Right now I want to focus on reworking the origins.
Gutlover
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Gutlover » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:03 am

Edit: I'm having difficulty with the coding, so I'm going to take a break from it for a while. I'll get to it eventually..
Last edited by Gutlover on Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gutlover
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby InternIsla » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:07 am

Right, I'm sure this is no surprise to anyone at this point, but I don't really have the energy or inclination to keep bashing my head against this particular brick wall to keep supporting this mod. I do feel bad for staying quiet about it for so long, though, so I guess I can at least offer something of a postmortem (of my involvement, if not of the mod at large).

The main issue with a mod like this simply comes down to the fact that modding in Paradox games is like pulling teeth with tweezers. Paradox is good at marketing their games as 'mod-friendly', but once you actually start digging into them with the intent to do something noteworthy, you quickly find out that's not really true. Sure, you can tweak values all you like, but most of the game's actual behavior happens inside the executable, with no real avenues provided for a modder to access or modify it. In practice, this means you can't do anything the game doesn't already include, and there's only one way for a mod to make anything happen in-game: events.

And oh boy, events are awful to work with. In theory, you can do quite a lot with them (I mean, just look at all the neat stuff that vanilla events do), but they are incredibly obtuse. Scopes are a confusing mess that make referring to any object largely trial-and-error. Conditionals don't work like you'd expect (when they work at all). Paradox's scripting language (if you can call it that) gives me conniptions because it adamantly refuses to adhere to any reasonable programming conventions. Of course, I could overlook all of this, if there were at least some decent tools to help handle some of the heavy lifting of making these scripts.

There are none.

The only way to make a new event is to write the scripts by hand. Which is, by and large, the main reason that I only ever made a couple of events to include in the mod. When it comes down to it, modding Paradox games is primarily writing scripts in Notepad (Or VS Code, but still). And those scripts are limited to existing game behaviors: unlike something like RimWorld, Stellaris doesn't allow you to compile your own libraries to extend the game's functionality. And even doing simple stuff in the game's event system requires a disproportionate amount of work.

So, yeah. That's pretty much why I decided to throw in the towel on this mod.
InternIsla
Been posting for a bit

Postby Gutlover » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:51 pm

Hey first off I wanted to make sure if its ok for me to add my own updates to the mod in the future (If I can ever figure it out). But yeah, I have those same problems. Hell I have to use other mods as templates just to learn how the code works.
Gutlover
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Zond » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:46 pm

InternIsla wrote:Right, I'm sure this is no surprise to anyone at this point, but I don't really have the energy or inclination to keep bashing my head against this particular brick wall to keep supporting this mod. I do feel bad for staying quiet about it for so long, though, so I guess I can at least offer something of a postmortem (of my involvement, if not of the mod at large).

The main issue with a mod like this simply comes down to the fact that modding in Paradox games is like pulling teeth with tweezers. Paradox is good at marketing their games as 'mod-friendly', but once you actually start digging into them with the intent to do something noteworthy, you quickly find out that's not really true. Sure, you can tweak values all you like, but most of the game's actual behavior happens inside the executable, with no real avenues provided for a modder to access or modify it. In practice, this means you can't do anything the game doesn't already include, and there's only one way for a mod to make anything happen in-game: events.

And oh boy, events are awful to work with. In theory, you can do quite a lot with them (I mean, just look at all the neat stuff that vanilla events do), but they are incredibly obtuse. Scopes are a confusing mess that make referring to any object largely trial-and-error. Conditionals don't work like you'd expect (when they work at all). Paradox's scripting language (if you can call it that) gives me conniptions because it adamantly refuses to adhere to any reasonable programming conventions. Of course, I could overlook all of this, if there were at least some decent tools to help handle some of the heavy lifting of making these scripts.

There are none.

The only way to make a new event is to write the scripts by hand. Which is, by and large, the main reason that I only ever made a couple of events to include in the mod. When it comes down to it, modding Paradox games is primarily writing scripts in Notepad (Or VS Code, but still). And those scripts are limited to existing game behaviors: unlike something like RimWorld, Stellaris doesn't allow you to compile your own libraries to extend the game's functionality. And even doing simple stuff in the game's event system requires a disproportionate amount of work.

So, yeah. That's pretty much why I decided to throw in the towel on this mod.

I just wanted to take a look at the mod update
and I see this(
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/743821210864975923/890076891057381486/then_boom.mp4

I understand that modding is painful
but still the hope that you overcome it was (
Sorry, I use translator >.<
Zond
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GeisKhan » Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:08 am

Been a lurker for years and finally made an account to share this. Hopefully the link works for everyone. https://download1647.mediafire.com/787k73ivkxpg/sv32a9xpyq012f5/apex-xenos-v0.3.4b.zip

As far as I can tell while playing the mod still works with the latest updates. I made some changes so the events don't happen constantly and aren't as punishing.

Changes
- Reduced Rogue Predators event chance from 40% to 10%.
- Reduced Voracious Frenzy event chance from 60% to 10%.
- Reduced Rogue Predators and Voracious Frenzy planet modifier duration from 5 years to 2.
- Clarified Apex Xenos Settings edict options (shows current events on/off).
GeisKhan
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game