Stellaris Vore Mod - Apex Xenos 0.3.2b by InternIsla

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

What type of empire do you play?

Pred empire
53%
Prey empire
26%
Alt-vore empire
21%

Total votes : 934

Re: Stellaris Vore Mod - Apex Xenos 0.1

Postby Ouroborus » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:52 pm

Entirely_Logical wrote:It seems curious to me that the mod is for a slightly out-dated version of the game, though it SEEMS to work fine with the latest patch.

The mod is made for 2.1.3, I just didn't change the version number. I'm running my game with almost 3/4 of the mods giving me outdated warnings and I've only ever had one crash. Thanks for pointing it out though, It'll be fixed for version .2!
Creator of the Stellaris Vore mod
Ouroborus
Been posting for a bit

Postby SymLeikill » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:16 am

So I am kind of curious about something. In the civic 'Vore-based Darwinism' it says that your pops will eat the pops of other species every so often, but I have had multiple planets with different pops for numerous in-game years, and I have yet to see them eat a single pop tile. Do you also need the 'Rule Through Strength' civic, or do you need to have a very specific government for it to work?
SymLeikill
New to the forum

Postby JibeVibes » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:32 pm

SymLeikill wrote:So I am kind of curious about something. In the civic 'Vore-based Darwinism' it says that your pops will eat the pops of other species every so often, but I have had multiple planets with different pops for numerous in-game years, and I have yet to see them eat a single pop tile. Do you also need the 'Rule Through Strength' civic, or do you need to have a very specific government for it to work?

I'd like to know more about this as well. How specifically do you get your pops to eat other pops with Vore Based Darwinism? Does it have a gameplay effect that's different from the processing purge type?
JibeVibes
New to the forum

Postby zarpaulus » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:05 pm

So how do you install the mod?
zarpaulus
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Absentia » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:36 pm

zarpaulus wrote:So how do you install the mod?

Go into your documents folder then paradox interactive folder, stellaris and then finally the mods folder extract both files from the zip file in their and you're good to go
Absentia
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ouroborus » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:23 pm

SymLeikill wrote:So I am kind of curious about something. In the civic 'Vore-based Darwinism' it says that your pops will eat the pops of other species every so often, but I have had multiple planets with different pops for numerous in-game years, and I have yet to see them eat a single pop tile. Do you also need the 'Rule Through Strength' civic, or do you need to have a very specific government for it to work?

This was a planned feature that will unfortunately probably not be worked on, at least until 2.2 comes out and changes the pop system
Ouroborus
Been posting for a bit

Postby Absentia » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:26 pm

Yeah I've been hoping that the new pop system will actually allow it to be a possibility, I don't see why not so far, But you never know, I really love the idea of passively devouring the entire galaxy to extinction, just because your species is a little overindulgent dinnertime, I'm assuming it was originally meant to work similarly to snu fever in SSX But with less of a almost CRIPPLING Empire negative
Absentia
Somewhat familiar

Postby Midir » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:55 pm

I was very curious about the idea of having a vore mod in Stellaris though I never started working on one.

What if we try to make events that trigger between various "named characters", maybe a bit similar to the way it works in CK2? What if one character is marked as a pred and that character stalks all other NPCs and triggers events with them occasionally?

Though to be honest events without specific descriptions and choices won't be as hot...I guess...
Midir
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Ouroborus » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:27 am

Midir wrote:I was very curious about the idea of having a vore mod in Stellaris though I never started working on one.

What if we try to make events that trigger between various "named characters", maybe a bit similar to the way it works in CK2? What if one character is marked as a pred and that character stalks all other NPCs and triggers events with them occasionally?

Though to be honest events without specific descriptions and choices won't be as hot...I guess...

That was exactly what I had planned for the rule through strength civic, but I got stuck while making empire personalities and so I never got around to event modding.

For anyone wondering, I'll probably wait till the next update to start working on it again.
Ouroborus
Been posting for a bit

Postby Entirely_Logical » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:40 pm

Yeah, that's fair. 2.2 Le Guin looks like it's going to be changing quite a few systems around, and that could certainly impact how this mod interfaces with the leaders - especially with Governers.
Entirely_Logical
Somewhat familiar

Postby Midir » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:18 pm

Unfortunately I am not sure when Le Guin is gonna be up... before Thanksgiving apparently? But...maybe not?

@Ouroboros do you have discord btw? Can you PM me your nickname if you do?
Midir
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SymLeikill » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:32 pm

Might be old news now, but the megacorp update, aka Le Guin, is releasing on December sixth. I can't wait for some good old fashioned planet wide devourment, who needs purging when your species does it for you.
SymLeikill
New to the forum

Postby CVprey » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:07 pm

The update hit, does this mean we'll be getting a mod update soon-ish?
CVprey
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ouroborus » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:07 pm

Let me give you guys a sitrep for this mod's development,

-Just bought megacorp so I'll be actually learning the new systems for awhile, after that, I'll start working on the mod again
-Before news of Le Guin I was working on empire personalities, so different types of vore and prey empires would be aggressive, passive, etc etc but only 1 set would work and nowhere I looked had the answer. So, moving forward there will be just one aggressive personality and maybe I can get a submod system or something working to implement the others. (I already spent 6+ hours writing responses so I'm loathe to just drop them)

Things to be added
-Either make "Rule through strength" and "Darwinism" more unique or consolidate them
-Fix Vore exp levels for leaders and add in the events that allow them to level up/eat other leaders
-Figure out how the new pop system works and incorporate that into the mod somehow

It's been a little while since I've played so if I get any ideas about what to add I'll detail them in next post. And if YOU get any ideas about what to add feel free to let me know
Ouroborus
Been posting for a bit

Postby Mab17 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:58 pm

Not sure how exactly it would be implemented, but would love to see some nonlethal/endo stuff.
Mab17
Somewhat familiar

Postby Saraheatsstuff » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:32 am

Love this mod, please continue working on this :)
Saraheatsstuff
New to the forum

Postby Ouroborus » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:13 pm

Version 0.15 is up, fixed to work with LeGuin while also adding some new features.

Changelog

-Traits and Civics are (hopefully) more balanced, and provide different bonuses so it still might be worth being a predator species even if your society isn't centered around it

-Personalities are implemented so Empires with Vore civics will act accordingly (Preds will be aggressive, Prey will be passive)

-Unique dialogue from Empires using the new personalities

-Small opinion buffs/debuffs based on your vore civics

-consolidated the strength and darwinism civics

-very expensive, very strong edict available to darwinistic empires

(Unique governments require correct authority and civics. Dictatorship+Darwinism, Democracy+Prey, Imperial+Unbirth)

If the balance feels off for traits/civics, let me now and I'll try and fix them up.
Ouroborus
Been posting for a bit

Re: Stellaris Vore Mod - Apex Xenos 0.15

Postby Freyyr » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:58 pm

Just wondering you removed the predator, novice through master traits that leaders get... was that an oversight or just removed until you get events and such in?
Freyyr
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ouroborus » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:48 am

Freyyr wrote:Just wondering you removed the predator, novice through master traits that leaders get... was that an oversight or just removed until you get events and such in?

Removed till the events get put in, plus I think they were a little broken so they need some balancing
Ouroborus
Been posting for a bit

Postby Estee » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:02 pm

Any alternative download links. I don't really want to make an account just for one mod.
Estee
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game