Extrating Sounds From Games?

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Extrating Sounds From Games?

Postby Verilo » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:50 am

Specifically a game called "Belly Simulator", which I found on DeviantArt. I know the short and easy answer is to "PM the person who made the game", but I don't have a DeviantArt account anymore and I'd really rather not create a new one solely to "harass" this user (I mean this facetiously, obviously, but I'd say one message from a rando is more than enough). There seems to be quite a number of high quality, useful sound effects in the game, but it's all been compiled into the main file (I'd assume; I'm not a computer wiz) and is therefore inaccessible.

I'm almost certain this isn't the right place to ask this question, but seeing as I haven't visited the forums pretty much at all for the entire time I've been here (recently came back after years of inactivity and getting my fix elsewhere) I wouldn't know where to begin outside of a subforum specifically for games.
Verilo
Somewhat familiar

Re: Extrating Sounds From Games?

Postby pendingdelet902g269 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:39 am

---
Last edited by pendingdelet902g269 on Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pendingdelet902g269
New to the forum

Postby Bright » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:31 am

You can go here:
https://freesound.org/
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby TomFrame » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:17 pm

This may or may not be useful to you, but I use audacity to record from the desktop. Probably useless to you if the sounds are overlapping too much or if the amount of sounds exceeds what one could manage or if you don't want the hassle.

Audacity is a freeware program. It's great.
Default option is MME. Change that to Windows WASAPI on the toolbar field in the main work window. You'll find the option right of the green play(costum speed playback) button.
Windows WASABI input records from desktop, so it will record any sounds that your system is playing from any source.
Set Audacity to the settings I mentioned above. Record. Edit as needed.

Hope this is of use to you can't find a solution to extracting the files.
TomFrame
New to the forum

Return to Vore game