Abundant Farm (0.089) text cowtaur management (abandoned)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Abundant Farm (0.07) text cowtaur management/sim game

Postby Ngasta » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:35 pm

Tiny update, mostly to fix a serious bug with feeding cows to each other. Nature is now a choice at game start (leave blank for random), and strength can increase.
Ngasta
Been posting for a bit

Postby frogcubus » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:03 pm

Time for another silly question! How exactly does one feed one cow to another? I've been looking at the options for a little bit, but I can't seem to find any commands that correspond to this action.
That said, if I find it before anyone responds I'll stick it here so others won't have the same issue.
Cuteness and degeneracy go too well together for their own good.
frogcubus
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheEtherealKnight » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:09 pm

The game looks really interesting, but every time I try to play it, it crashes when it tries to play a feeding sound. Has anyone else had this problem? It was in 0.6 and now 0.7.
EDIT: Running this on Windows 7.

Type the letter next to an inventory item to feed it to your cow!
: a
Meg somewhat exagerratedly shows her appreciation for the food by "MMM"ing very noticeably.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python36\lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\__startup__.py", line 14, in run
File "C:\Python36\lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\Console.py", line 26, in run
File "abundantfarmlogic.py", line 2090, in <module>
File "abundantfarmlogic.py", line 2071, in gameStart
File "abundantfarmlogic.py", line 1901, in main
File "abundantfarmlogic.py", line 474, in inputParse
File "abundantfarmlogic.py", line 1564, in stall_actions
File "abundantfarmlogic.py", line 547, in feedCow
File "abundantfarmlogic.py", line 1181, in eat_sound
File "abundantfarmlogic.py", line 193, in playSound2
RuntimeError: Failed to play sound
TheEtherealKnight
New to the forum

Postby Ngasta » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:32 pm

BewitchedTwist wrote:Time for another silly question! How exactly does one feed one cow to another? I've been looking at the options for a little bit, but I can't seem to find any commands that correspond to this action.
That said, if I find it before anyone responds I'll stick it here so others won't have the same issue.

Hey, that's a very unsilly question -- but I have a very silly answer. I completely forgot to actually give the player any kind of prompt for that, but it's possible by typing "feedlive". Oof. That was for debugging, but it'll work. That also explains why nobody had the crash from feeding cows to each other :lol:

TheEtherealKnight wrote:The game looks really interesting, but every time I try to play it, it crashes when it tries to play a feeding sound. Has anyone else had this problem? It was in 0.6 and now 0.7.
EDIT: Running this on Windows 7.

Type the letter next to an inventory item to feed it to your cow!
: a
Meg somewhat exagerratedly shows her appreciation for the food by "MMM"ing very noticeably.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python36\lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\__startup__.py", line 14, in run
File "C:\Python36\lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\Console.py", line 26, in run
File "abundantfarmlogic.py", line 2090, in <module>
File "abundantfarmlogic.py", line 2071, in gameStart
File "abundantfarmlogic.py", line 1901, in main
File "abundantfarmlogic.py", line 474, in inputParse
File "abundantfarmlogic.py", line 1564, in stall_actions
File "abundantfarmlogic.py", line 547, in feedCow
File "abundantfarmlogic.py", line 1181, in eat_sound
File "abundantfarmlogic.py", line 193, in playSound2
RuntimeError: Failed to play sound

Ouch, sorry about that. I'll see what I can figure out. I'll also just make it so that if the game can't play a sound it won't crash.
Ngasta
Been posting for a bit

Postby Jazzumness » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:21 pm

I have a question
what does hard mode do compared to normal?
also I assume selecting your favorite animal decides what species your starting animal will be (which is really neat that we have more than just cows now), but selecting any animal still leaves your starting cow as a bovine.
I tried entering the number or the name but both don't affect its species

some other stuff
some items in the shop only give one fullness like the chicken and protein shake
also digestion rate seems to be rising for me very quickly each day my cow is going through almost exponential amounts of food
Last edited by Jazzumness on Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jazzumness
Somewhat familiar

Postby frogcubus » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:35 pm

Spoiler: show
The favourite animals decide the personality of your first cow! Think of the personality that you'd imagine those animals to have, and those carry over (i.e. Pig=Crude, etc.)
Last edited by frogcubus on Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frogcubus
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ngasta » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:36 pm

Jazzumness wrote:I have a question
what does hard mode do compared to normal?

Absolutely nothing, alas. It's just a placeholder for now--I'll remove it to not confuse people.
Jazzumness wrote:also I assume selecting your favorite animal decides what species your starting animal will be (which is really neat that we have more than just cows now), but selecting any animal still leaves your starting cow as a bovine.
I tried entering the number or the name but both don't affect its species

Actually, it doesn't change the species at all. But it will change something about your cow for sure.
Ngasta
Been posting for a bit

Postby Jazzumness » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:14 pm

alright then, although im a little disappointed that I cant have a pig or horse taur in my farm lol
Jazzumness
Somewhat familiar

Postby Natolin » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:42 pm

I feel like im just retarded but I can't seem to find out how to feed her humans now :L
I'm a thot who feeds off attention... so tell me whatcha think of my stuff! Also I have a DA account :D https://www.deviantart.com/natolinnn2
Natolin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby frogcubus » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:23 pm

Nateman9 wrote:I feel like im just retarded but I can't seem to find out how to feed her humans now :L

If this is available as an option, I would also like to know this- hell of a lot cheaper than feeding my good boys and girls other cows, I'd imagine!
frogcubus
Somewhat familiar

Postby zenox81 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:17 am

Would it be possible to add in a system, in which the player can leave food in a stall for a cow to consume when they have enough room? So, for example, I could leave 10000 hay feed in stall 2 so that I wouldn't keep having to feed that cow over and over again?
And as a side note, I'm loving the game so far I can't wait to see what you add in, in the future.
zenox81
Been posting for a bit

Postby CrappyStories » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:05 am

Noticed that in the blackmarket, the only option is "glut-x" the human prey and other stuff isn't available. Also I'm not able to start a combat contest.
CrappyStories
New to the forum

Postby frogcubus » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:06 pm

CrappyStories wrote:...Also I'm not able to start a combat contest.

I know for sure based on earlier comments that this bit isn't in just yet, sadly.
frogcubus
Somewhat familiar

Postby CrappyStories » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:46 pm

BewitchedTwist wrote:

I know for sure based on earlier comments that this bit isn't in just yet, sadly.

Ah rip, I thought it was cause it was in the original.
CrappyStories
New to the forum

Postby Ngasta » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:08 pm

Just updated to 0.08!

CrappyStories wrote:Noticed that in the blackmarket, the only option is "glut-x" the human prey and other stuff isn't available. Also I'm not able to start a combat contest.

Check the black market again in the new update :wink:

CrappyStories wrote:
BewitchedTwist wrote:

Ah rip, I thought it was cause it was in the original.

I'm planning on 0.1 being the version which adds combat. I promise it'll be so much better than it was in the pre-rewrite version!
Ngasta
Been posting for a bit

Re: Abundant Farm (0.08) text cowtaur management/sim game

Postby Jazzumness » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:14 pm

for some reason my protein count keeps reseting to zero
also what constitutes your cow being healthy is a little vague
some times my cow is extremely healthy other times they are just very healthy but all I did was just feed them hay for both days
Jazzumness
Somewhat familiar

Postby Benevorlent » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:03 pm

Jazzumness wrote:also what constitutes your cow being healthy is a little vague
some times my cow is extremely healthy other times they are just very healthy but all I did was just feed them hay for both days

You have to look at the food your giving your cows in your inventory, it'll say how healthy it is for your cow. I found the easiest way to get their health up quick when starting out is to give them 1 hay feed and 1 protein shake.

I am having some troubles with Fitness however. It was fine at first, I kept with the diet as described above, and it increased by about 0.2 per feeding. Once I started getting their weight up, though, it started going down, and I couldn't find a diet that'd increase their strength enough in accordance to their weight, so fitness just kept going down from there
Last edited by Benevorlent on Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Benevorlent
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ngasta » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:49 pm

Jazzumness wrote:for some reason my protein count keeps reseting to zero
also what constitutes your cow being healthy is a little vague

Protein is supposed to be reset to zero when a cow gains strength, as in it's "spent" to gain muscle. Also health moves very slightly around at random.

Benevorlent wrote:[quote="Jazzumness]also what constitutes your cow being healthy is a little vague
some times my cow is extremely healthy other times they are just very healthy but all I did was just feed them hay for both days[/quote]
You have to look at the food your giving your cows in your inventory, it'll say how healthy it is for your cow. I found the easiest way to get their health up quick when starting out is to give them 1 hay feed and 1 protein shake.

I am having some troubles with Fitness however. It was fine at first, I kept with the diet as described above, and it increased by about 0.2 per feeding. Once I started getting their weight up, though, it started going down, and I couldn't find a diet that'd increase their strength enough in accordance to their weight, so fitness just kept going down from there.[/quote][/quote]

You have to increase protein to keep fitness high. Despite the name, protein shakes aren't a great source of protein (oops). I mean, not for the price. Try whole chickens using the funnel, or other cows (you have to type feedlive when in the stall of the cow you want to have eat another)
Ngasta
Been posting for a bit

Postby Natolin » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:07 pm

Is there a way to make it so my save doesn’t not work whenever the game updates?
I'm a thot who feeds off attention... so tell me whatcha think of my stuff! Also I have a DA account :D https://www.deviantart.com/natolinnn2
Natolin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Ngasta » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:00 pm

Nateman9 wrote:Is there a way to make it so my save doesn’t not work whenever the game updates?

Sadly I don't know how to do that. Saves won't work between versions when attributes are added or removed from the player or cows. Unfortunately, that means most updates are going to break saves for a while. But you actually can convert the save manually, although it is a pain, I know.

So in save.json, which will be in the same directory as the exe, you should see the data for you cows. At the end of each cow's data, just after glut-x, add
, "graveyard": {}

If you have empty stalls, there will be empty cows with all values set to null. In this case, replace
"glut_x": null }
with
"glut_x": null, "graveyard": {}}

Sorry, it's a lot of work. But it shouldn't be too bad if you control-F
"glut_x": null }
and replace it with
"glut_x": null, "graveyard": {}}
, and then do the same thing for your living cows (which will have glut-x as either True or False)
Ngasta
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game