Abundant Farm (0.089) text cowtaur management (abandoned)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Abundant Farm (0.086) text cowtaur management/sim game

Postby Nomadic » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:28 pm

Is it possible to rear a happy and healthy cow without it becoming massively obese? I don't mind if it takes more time then just mass feeding them various foods. I really like the game already and knowing if I could do this or not would really help me out.
Nomadic
New to the forum

Postby Nerds » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:29 pm

What is the best way to raise and lower etiquette? Lowering it seems to be caused by feeding soda, but that doesn't seem like a fool-proof way. Are there some foods that raise it? Also how many stages of ediqutte are there and does it have any other impact on stats
Nerds
New to the forum

Postby Ngasta » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:34 am

Hey everyone, sorry about the lack of progress. Haven't had time to work on the game at all, but I'm getting back into it!

Nerds wrote:What is the best way to raise and lower etiquette? Lowering it seems to be caused by feeding soda, but that doesn't seem like a fool-proof way. Are there some foods that raise it? Also how many stages of ediqutte are there and does it have any other impact on stats

There actually isn't a good way to raise etiquette--yet. Posh cows naturally tend to have higher etiquette, though. There will be more ways to raise it, especially when pageants are implemented, when high etiquette will actually have benefits. To lower it, you can actually feed a cow more than one glut-x a day--it won't give higher gluttony, but it will permanently lower etiquette by a decent amount. It has a greater health penalty, though. Eating contests can also lower etiquette, especially for crude cows.

There aren't really well defined stages, more like a variety of different requirements for different events. It doesn't affect any stats right now. It will determine what abilities a cow can use in combat, and will also be a major factor in beauty pageants, of course.
Ngasta
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ngasta » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:56 pm

Little update, just a couple of things to test out while the combat is still a work in progress.

Nomadic wrote:Is it possible to rear a happy and healthy cow without it becoming massively obese? I don't mind if it takes more time then just mass feeding them various foods. I really like the game already and knowing if I could do this or not would really help me out.

It definitely is---but it also isn't. The thing is that the descriptions assume that your cow isn't muscular at all. So if your cow has a good bit of muscle, the description won't describe them properly at all. But this will change of course. So yes, it is absolutely possible, the proper descriptions just aren't there yet. If you give your cow lots of protein and health shakes, they will definitely be healthy overall.
Ngasta
Been posting for a bit

Re: Abundant Farm (0.089) text cowtaur management/sim game

Postby Dragon15rt » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:41 pm

VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found
Dragon15rt
Been posting for a bit

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:09 pm

Absolutely love the changes to how much things fill your cow, having the protein shakes fill your cow 5% makes so much more sense and makes it possible to feed her protein shakes INSTEAD of hay rather than needing both (more expense for the healthy option makes amazing balance sense). I'd say health shakes may need to be cheaper (200 instead of 500) and possibly a little more filling IMO (10% instead of 5%) but I'm loving how much more balanced the food is now. :)

My only gripe is that despite eating vast amounts of food she still only produces 1-2 litres of fertiliser a day, I've worked a stable, that's a slow day for a foal nevermind a full size cowtaur. Hell, after eating a full sized man she made only 2.13 litres of poo, not sure what happened to the 97% of him.
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

Location: Western Scotland (That's as much detail as you're getting)

Postby Ngasta » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:06 pm

Dragon15rt wrote:VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found

Try this https://aka.ms/vs/15/release/vc_redist.x86.exe (32 bit) or https://aka.ms/vs/15/release/vc_redist.x64.exe (64), it might help.

MarkusFreeman320 wrote:My only gripe is that despite eating vast amounts of food she still only produces 1-2 litres of fertiliser a day, I've worked a stable, that's a slow day for a foal nevermind a full size cowtaur. Hell, after eating a full sized man she made only 2.13 litres of poo, not sure what happened to the 97% of him.

This is changed for the upcoming version, just made it so scat is calculated before calories are removed from base metabolic rate. Not sure why I didn't just do it like that from the start!

The game seems way too easy to me--I'm curious if it does for others, too. Check out the attached image; my new save file is already pretty absurd. I understand that I have an unfair advantage, of course. What I'm thinking is that the game should be much harder, but that will be counterbalanced with making things easier to understand for the player and more user friendly in general. One of the things that might be confusing people is that fullness and calories are totally separate--though high fullness will cause a cow to be considered "fed", because I think it's logical enough that having a full stomach could reduce the feeling of hunger.
Attachments
crazy.png
oh god no
crazy.png (31.75 KiB) Viewed 2563 times
Ngasta
Been posting for a bit

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:28 pm

Ngasta wrote:The game seems way too easy to me--I'm curious if it does for others, too. Check out the attached image; my new save file is already pretty absurd. I understand that I have an unfair advantage, of course. What I'm thinking is that the game should be much harder, but that will be counterbalanced with making things easier to understand for the player and more user friendly in general. One of the things that might be confusing people is that fullness and calories are totally separate--though high fullness will cause a cow to be considered "fed", because I think it's logical enough that having a full stomach could reduce the feeling of hunger.

Please don't make normal mode harder, I like enjoying the game experience without feeling like I'm only just keeping my head above water. Though if you do make both normal and hard mode harder could you include an easy mode (easier to keep cow fit and healthy plus more milk production) for people like me who want a low stress experience where we can just enjoy the game and vore without fretting too much about keeping all the plates spinning.
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

Postby Jazzumness » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:39 pm

I feel like the game difficulty is fine, if it were to go up it would get monotonous feeding your cow selling milk then buying food to repeat the cycle. Other options than just feeding and growing your cow would break the cycle I suppose but that's for the future.
Jazzumness
Somewhat familiar

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:28 pm

There seems to be something off with the height/weight ratio in that attached image, a cow standing 12 metres (around 40 feet) tall should way FAR more than 30 tons, for reference an abrams tank stand less than a quarter that at 2.5 metres tall (even the tanks length is less than her height at around 30 feet) and it weighs over 60 tons. Assuming that the cow will be around a long as she is tall (and is so obese) at that height she should weigh at least a hundred tons, for another reference a train is around 4.5 metres tall (around a third her height) and weighs around 200 tons.

I'm not sure if it is following the square of the height or the cube of the height, the cube would be more accurate.
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

Postby Ngasta » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:16 pm

Alright, I'll leave the difficult as is. And yeah, the height / weight thing is pretty absurd. I'll take a look into what to do about it. Perhaps it's my fault for using KG instead of some arbitrary unit for weight, because then people can notice how silly things get :lol:.
Ngasta
Been posting for a bit

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:05 pm

Ngasta wrote:Alright, I'll leave the difficult as is. And yeah, the height / weight thing is pretty absurd. I'll take a look into what to do about it. Perhaps it's my fault for using KG instead of some arbitrary unit for weight, because then people can notice how silly things get :lol:.

Nah, I really like having a solid reference for just how big my cow is, I do hope you stick with kg (and possibly tons once she gets really big) and I really like the fluff text about her eating as much as a city, really nice touch.

You just need to find a normal, reasonable height and weight for the cow, then increase the weight by the cube of the height. That way if she's say 300kg at around 1.75 metres, then at double the height she'd be 8 times the weight, so 2.4 tons at 3.5 metres (around 12 ft). Sounds reasonable, about twice the weight of a car when twice a humans height. So if we scale this up to close to your cow in the example (multiply by approximately 7) then:

Height is linear so: 7 × 1.75m = 12.25m
Weight is cubed so: 7³ = 343 × 300kg = 102,900kg or 102.9 tons

A 12 metre (40 feet) cow weighing around 100 tons, the maths adds up. But say she's morbidly obese, so at 1.75m tall she weighs half a ton, then we just factor that into the equation:

Height difference stays exactly the same: 7 × 1.75m = 12.25m
But weight is higher because she's so fat: 7³ = 343 × 500kg = 171,500kg or 171.5 tons

So a morbidly obese cow at the same 12 metres would be nearer 200 tons, still sounds about right with her size.
Attachments
Macro Stats Ratio.txt
Here's an example I made for my own reference when drawing macros in pictures to help give me a sense of scale, The vehicles used are the largest and heaviest examples so the tank is a Maus weighing nearly 200 tons. Stomach capacity was calculated as a percentage of the macros body weight divided by the weight of the micros.
(5.59 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

Postby Ngasta » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:53 pm

Hey everyone, finally got back to working on this. The combat is very rough, but it's coming along, and I think it's at least kind of interesting. As a bit of a teaser, so far you can use the following techniques in combat: punch, bodyslam, bellybash, grab, crush, devour, and belch. Charm will probably be added. Bit of warning: pretty much all of the numbers are quite arbitrary, so balance doesn't even exist. But I think the combat system will be pretty cool: it's sort of debuff-based, in that different attacks give stun, poison, or charm to your opponent, which reduces accuracy and other things. So the player will have a choice between trying to debuff the opponent off the bat versus just crushing them ASAP... or trying to eat them. That's the idea, at least.

I've added some new perks from eating low-health food (pretty much the same as the garbage perks in the earlier version). I think perks are pretty fun, so I'm going to keep adding them as rewards for doing various things. Right now, you can get bonuses from total calories, including perks which compress food inside a cow's stomach, and perks from eating a total amount of unhealthy food, which lowers the negative health effects of bad food. If anybody has any interesting ideas for new perks they would like to see, I would love to hear them.

MarkusFreeman320 wrote:

Thanks, I found that helpful. Been mulling it over. Something I've been confused about, though: if height increases by 1%, what percentage would weight increase by? I've made it so that gaining height will result in pretty heavy weight gains in terms of percentage, but the numbers were just decided by trial and error.
Ngasta
Been posting for a bit

Postby Nerds » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:48 pm

Ngasta wrote:Hey everyone, finally got back to working on this. The combat is very rough, but it's coming along, and I think it's at least kind of interesting. As a bit of a teaser, so far you can use the following techniques in combat: punch, bodyslam, bellybash, grab, crush, devour, and belch. Charm will probably be added. Bit of warning: pretty much all of the numbers are quite arbitrary, so balance doesn't even exist. But I think the combat system will be pretty cool: it's sort of debuff-based, in that different attacks give stun, poison, or charm to your opponent, which reduces accuracy and other things. So the player will have a choice between trying to debuff the opponent off the bat versus just crushing them ASAP... or trying to eat them. That's the idea, at least.

I've added some new perks from eating low-health food (pretty much the same as the garbage perks in the earlier version). I think perks are pretty fun, so I'm going to keep adding them as rewards for doing various things. Right now, you can get bonuses from total calories, including perks which compress food inside a cow's stomach, and perks from eating a total amount of unhealthy food, which lowers the negative health effects of bad food. If anybody has any interesting ideas for new perks they would like to see, I would love to hear them.

MarkusFreeman320 wrote:

Thanks, I found that helpful. Been mulling it over. Something I've been confused about, though: if height increases by 1%, what percentage would weight increase by? I've made it so that gaining height will result in pretty heavy weight gains in terms of percentage, but the numbers were just decided by trial and error.

Some perks could be related to alcohol, maybe make another malt liquor item, like a keg of beer or something like that? The perk could be a drunker cow can eat more unhealthy items above their normal stuffed limit to replicate eating a bunch of greasy food when drunk. Also could add some more flavor text depending on if the cow is drunk or not, different reactions to food and stuff.
Nerds
New to the forum

Postby cubed » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:58 am

Ngasta wrote:Something I've been confused about, though: if height increases by 1%, what percentage would weight increase by? I've made it so that gaining height will result in pretty heavy weight gains in terms of percentage, but the numbers were just decided by trial and error.

Increasing height by 1% means multiplying height by 1.01.
So, weight would increase by 1.01 cubed: 1.01*1.01*1.01 = 1.030301
The weight increase is 3.0301%
cubed
New to the forum

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:05 pm

cubed wrote:
Ngasta wrote:Something I've been confused about, though: if height increases by 1%, what percentage would weight increase by? I've made it so that gaining height will result in pretty heavy weight gains in terms of percentage, but the numbers were just decided by trial and error.

Increasing height by 1% means multiplying height by 1.01.
So, weight would increase by 1.01 cubed: 1.01*1.01*1.01 = 1.030301
The weight increase is 3.0301%

Exactly, break everything down into decimals, so if there is say a 35% gain in height, that's 0.35 of the whole, plus the height she already had which is 1, so it'd be 1.35 times the height. Cube that and you've got your weight multiplier of 2.46, or removing the base 1 and multiplying by 100 = a 146% increase in weight.

All a percentage is, is a decimal multiplied by 100, add the original height or weight, which being 100% is always 1 and you get the total decimal of the height/weight.
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

Postby sdaeeds » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:45 pm

I've recently discovered this game and had to start a couple rounds to get a cow that is mobile and doesn't hate me. Could we add measurements to the game.

height
weight
chest
cup size
waist
hips

etc

also, is vore the only way to gain height?
sdaeeds
Been posting for a bit

Postby Benevorlent » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:31 pm

sdaeeds wrote:I've recently discovered this game and had to start a couple rounds to get a cow that is mobile and doesn't hate me. Could we add measurements to the game.

height
weight
chest
cup size
waist
hips

etc

also, is vore the only way to gain height?

Height and Weight are already shown for your cows, press X when in their stall to examine them. I can imagine cup size coming at some point, not sure about the others unless there's significant demand for them to be included. Personally I don't mind one way or the other.
As for height, I think the 5 grand drug from the black market might increase it, but it might just increase digestion, can't remember off the top of my head.
Benevorlent
Somewhat familiar

Previous

Return to Vore game