Castaway 0.1m 18-10-2018

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Castaway 0.1j 18-10-2018

Postby Appo » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:41 pm

nullstuff wrote:This game is HARD.

That being said, I love it! The difficulty really does feel like you're trying to survive, which in the end is what I was hoping for. I ran into the giantess eventually as well, and that feeling of panic in the face of impending doom is perfect! I can't wait to see what's next in this game, I'm especially hoping for more predators with interesting quirks like the giantess and the sand crab girl.

Excellent. This is the exact thing that I am trying to cultivate in your brain. I intended to construct a system of incentives that leads the player to unwittingly expose them to predation that is fully avoidable and yet dooms the player for their lack of preparedness. I have other similar games on the forum 'Merchant Quest' and 'A Witch's Game' which you may be interested in but I have little desire to continue this game. I've found that I prefer to do smaller projects and then move on.

My favorite style of vore crescendos at the point where the prey has made every genuine attempt they could to avoid their fate and then discovers that it wasn't enough preferably as a consequence of the prey's own failings. One of the best instances of this in any vore related media that I've encountered occurs in the game 'A High Stakes Game' in the practice scene with Zoey where she says "Mmm, that moment! Right when they realize they're never getting out, Ahnn!" In context this line is the centerpiece of the entire scene. All of the scenes of that game essentially crescendo to that point and I'd like to drop an outline for that kind of vore here.

First, the player is subject to the possibility of predation by following a set of incentives, in this case a romantic interest, despite an awareness of potential danger. The player has chosen to expose their self to danger with the confidence that they will overcome it.
Next the player is subject to the possibility of predation that they had tacitly or explicitly consented to as a reality of the actions they chose to engage in of their own volition. The player is being challenged on their risky behavior.
The player then makes their best attempt at survival in the face of the predator. The outcome of this predation hangs in the balance of the past and current actions of the player with there being a very real chance of survival based on the actions of the player.
The player fails to overcome the predator as a consequence of their own actions. In a system of incentives the player followed the wrong things or did the wrong stuff preferably having awareness of the right stuff to do yet failing to deploy that stuff. Truly it is the player who has failed rather than being subject to a perfect trap.
Then the player signals their recognition of the inevitability of their fate somehow. This could be by weakening resistance, speaking, panic, or any other means to signal their predator but in any case the prey has signaled that they are not able to avoid their predation under their own power and are now at the predator's mercy.
The predator then signals their recognition of their prey's hopelessness and their intent to carry through with the predation. Preferably they take satisfaction in the self identification of the player as being prey, perhaps being relieved that the player's possibility of escape has finally collapsed to zero.
Then you conclude. The predator knows they have their meal. The player knows they are the meal, and that they are the meal as a consequence of their own actions and their failure to have responded to the danger their own actions brought even while being aware of those dangers.

Another amazing instance of this style is the comic by Karbo 'Small harpy, big appetite,' and it's continuations. Hopefully I've imparted a key of understanding for a style of vore to any readers of this post and if you're interested you'll be able to deploy this style in some of your works with a more clear vision of what to include in this style.
Appo
Somewhat familiar

Postby nullstuff » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:30 am

That's very similar to my own personal taste. I really like traps, tricks, etc. in vore games, mostly because they add that feeling of being hunted by something more powerful than you, that kind of helplessness without making the player literally helpless. I think it's really important for a player to have enough agency to know that when they get nommed it's because they either weren't prepared or they weren't skilled enough. Little snatcher's vore game is probably my favorite example of this; there are multiple ways you can escape, but if you're unprepared and you don't figure out how to escape, you're lunch. I feel like your games really hold these qualities up as core philosophies and I love that. Keep up the great work!
nullstuff
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:35 pm

nullstuff wrote:This game is HARD.

That being said, I love it! The difficulty really does feel like you're trying to survive, which in the end is what I was hoping for. I ran into the giantess eventually as well, and that feeling of panic in the face of impending doom is perfect! I can't wait to see what's next in this game, I'm especially hoping for more predators with interesting quirks like the giantess and the sand crab girl.

Sand crab girl?

Also I wish when we were absorbed by the slime girl, we added to her chest, like we subtly do with the harpy.
Turbotowns
???

Re: Castaway 0.1m 18-10-2018

Postby RealZikik » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:52 pm

The link is dead.
RealZikik
Participator

Postby vore2412 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:15 pm

RealZikik wrote:The link is dead.

Well, the last post was over two years ago. Perhaps that length of time has something to do with the link dying, hmm? It would be nice if people actually saw when the thread was last updated.
vore2412
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby VVV » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:26 pm

if you game is lagging have the game do less all at once by making it do less or by break up the tasks
VVV
Somewhat familiar

Postby FalconAmalgamational » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:00 pm

vore2412 wrote:
RealZikik wrote:The link is dead.

Well, the last post was over two years ago. Perhaps that length of time has something to do with the link dying, hmm? It would be nice if people actually saw when the thread was last updated.
what?
FalconAmalgamational
New to the forum

Postby Baron » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:11 pm

Castaway 0.1i.exe (the only version i have)

https://mega.nz/file/xtQ33IxY#aJgtyKnlX ... 9P-hCPm86E
Baron
New to the forum

Previous

Return to Vore game