Castaway 0.1m 18-10-2018

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Castaway 0.1j 18-10-2018

Postby sizehunter » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:54 pm

Might I request some screenshots as examples?
sizehunter
Participator

Postby InverseTacquito » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:08 am

So-- resting doesn't replenish stamina, waiting doesn't replenish stamina, eating doesn't replenish stamina, and drinking water doesn't replenish stamina. You're just kind of on an unextendable timer until you're forced to rest and get an automatic slimegirl Game Over. And not even being in what should be the safe room of the area where your tent is prevents that.

Not to mention, the hiding areas do not work. All it does it make the slimegirls not sprint towards you, but they still track you right to your door. They'll only lose interest if it's physically impossible to have a fairly simple route to you beyond a blockade of trees. If they're in remotely the same area, you're done.
"Anyone, anywhere can be a success. The key is lowering your standards."
InverseTacquito
Somewhat familiar

Postby Appo » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:02 am

InverseTacquito wrote:So-- resting doesn't replenish stamina, waiting doesn't replenish stamina, eating doesn't replenish stamina, and drinking water doesn't replenish stamina. You're just kind of on an unextendable timer until you're forced to rest and get an automatic slimegirl Game Over. And not even being in what should be the safe room of the area where your tent is prevents that.

Not to mention, the hiding areas do not work. All it does it make the slimegirls not sprint towards you, but they still track you right to your door. They'll only lose interest if it's physically impossible to have a fairly simple route to you beyond a blockade of trees. If they're in remotely the same area, you're done.

Sleeping in your tent certainly does replenish stamina. Perhaps you're not using the latest version of the game or have your own addons that are interfering with the game?

If a slime girl catches you hiding that's too bad.
Appo
Somewhat familiar

Postby InverseTacquito » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:47 pm

Appo wrote:
InverseTacquito wrote:So-- resting doesn't replenish stamina, waiting doesn't replenish stamina, eating doesn't replenish stamina, and drinking water doesn't replenish stamina. You're just kind of on an unextendable timer until you're forced to rest and get an automatic slimegirl Game Over. And not even being in what should be the safe room of the area where your tent is prevents that.

Sleeping in your tent certainly does replenish stamina. Perhaps you're not using the latest version of the game or have your own addons that are interfering with the game?

If a slime girl catches you hiding that's too bad.

Well, how much sleeping are we talking here? Because I went three rounds of sleep at one point to see if that'd do anything, and he still passed out within twenty steps. That was with noshing on a few berries. This is the current version, and I wouldn't know what "addons" you could add to an RPG maker title.

Also, you're very much oversimplifying the point of contention here. If hiding does nothing, why is there hiding in the first place? It acts as a red herring more than anything else, just lures you into getting trapped, because even if you hadn't alerted them, they passively track right to you. If hiding exists, it therefore should do something. That and, again, your base really ought to be exempt from getting a game over if you pass out there. If it's just as vulnerable as everywhere else in that regard, it ultimately defeats the purpose of having a dedicated room cut off from the action for that.
"Anyone, anywhere can be a success. The key is lowering your standards."
InverseTacquito
Somewhat familiar

Postby Appo » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:34 am

InverseTacquito wrote:Well, how much sleeping are we talking here? Because I went three rounds of sleep at one point to see if that'd do anything, and he still passed out within twenty steps. That was with noshing on a few berries. This is the current version, and I wouldn't know what "addons" you could add to an RPG maker title.

Also, you're very much oversimplifying the point of contention here. If hiding does nothing, why is there hiding in the first place? It acts as a red herring more than anything else, just lures you into getting trapped, because even if you hadn't alerted them, they passively track right to you. If hiding exists, it therefore should do something. That and, again, your base really ought to be exempt from getting a game over if you pass out there. If it's just as vulnerable as everywhere else in that regard, it ultimately defeats the purpose of having a dedicated room cut off from the action for that.

I'm quite sure the sleep function is working properly. Perhaps you need to start a new save game or some such. I've never made any effort for compatibility between versions. If anyone else has this problem could you please say so.

I won't tell you what hiding is for, if anything. You'll make good decisions and survive or bad decisions and be food.
Appo
Somewhat familiar

Postby shironikku » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:40 am

can't save?
shironikku
Somewhat familiar

Postby Appo » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:20 am

shironikku wrote:can't save?

Save when you sleep.
Appo
Somewhat familiar

Postby nnnddt » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:32 am

Appo, I've the same problem, i began a new game with the l version, and sleeping didn't helped me to gain my stamina.
nnnddt
Somewhat familiar

Postby luke1401 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:50 pm

nnnddt wrote:Appo, I've the same problem, i began a new game with the l version, and sleeping didn't helped me to gain my stamina.

Are you sue you have both eaten and drunk water? I have had no such issues with stamina.

On another note:
There is a bug in axe which says it needs 5 sharp rocks but actually building it needs normal rocks.
Also now I have the thing how do I use it/where do I get logs?
luke1401
Participator

Postby Appo » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:14 pm

luke1401 wrote:
nnnddt wrote:Appo, I've the same problem, i began a new game with the l version, and sleeping didn't helped me to gain my stamina.

Are you sue you have both eaten and drunk water? I have had no such issues with stamina.

On another note:
There is a bug in axe which says it needs 5 sharp rocks but actually building it needs normal rocks.
Also now I have the thing how do I use it/where do I get logs?

Thanks for the bug report. Yes I expect the problem is food or water since they drop when you sleep. InverseTacquito can you check your character's stats window and make sure your food and water are not causing the game over event?

I never put choppable trees in the game because I wasn't sure how to put them in that makes sense. Either I'm stuck having infinite trees or trees that grow overnight. I may remove the axe since it doesn't have a function and I think it's easy enough to cook food using sticks.
Appo
Somewhat familiar

Postby nullstuff » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:13 pm

Lovely game! Survival is an interesting genre to link with vore, but I really enjoyed this. Although, I did get into one or two situations that got a little frustrating (I had two spears break when I was trying to get fish for the naga, and by that point I couldn't find any more sticks on the island. Or, when I needed to get her berries, I had previously eaten all of the berries on the island.) but on the whole it's a fun experience. I do like that your games tend to be more "gamified" than most, it definitely keeps things interesting. I've yet to see the giantess, though. Does she only show on certain days? Or am I just not triggering a specific condition? I know she'll find me, and not the other way around, but I'm yet to find her. Keep up the great work!
nullstuff
Somewhat familiar

Postby luke1401 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:17 pm

nullstuff wrote:Lovely game! Survival is an interesting genre to link with vore, but I really enjoyed this. Although, I did get into one or two situations that got a little frustrating (I had two spears break when I was trying to get fish for the naga, and by that point I couldn't find any more sticks on the island. Or, when I needed to get her berries, I had previously eaten all of the berries on the island.) but on the whole it's a fun experience. I do like that your games tend to be more "gamified" than most, it definitely keeps things interesting. I've yet to see the giantess, though. Does she only show on certain days? Or am I just not triggering a specific condition? I know she'll find me, and not the other way around, but I'm yet to find her. Keep up the great work!

I agree with pretty much all of this. Spear breaking is particularly frustrating in its likelihood.

As for the giantess I didn't encounter her till day 3 so don't know if she has a timer but that may be a factor.
luke1401
Participator

Postby Appo » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:07 am

luke1401 wrote:
nullstuff wrote:Lovely game! Survival is an interesting genre to link with vore, but I really enjoyed this. Although, I did get into one or two situations that got a little frustrating (I had two spears break when I was trying to get fish for the naga, and by that point I couldn't find any more sticks on the island. Or, when I needed to get her berries, I had previously eaten all of the berries on the island.) but on the whole it's a fun experience. I do like that your games tend to be more "gamified" than most, it definitely keeps things interesting. I've yet to see the giantess, though. Does she only show on certain days? Or am I just not triggering a specific condition? I know she'll find me, and not the other way around, but I'm yet to find her. Keep up the great work!

I agree with pretty much all of this. Spear breaking is particularly frustrating in its likelihood.

As for the giantess I didn't encounter her till day 3 so don't know if she has a timer but that may be a factor.

Aah! I realized why people are having trouble with triggering the giant while I was responding to this.

She comes at a random time on a random day. If you sleep before she comes she comes the next day at the same pre-specified random time. So if you got a random timer that happens to be really late you'll miss her every day forever unless you just afk for 10 minutes!

I'll change it so that if you sleep early her timer gets re-randomized.
Appo
Somewhat familiar

Postby Appo » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:18 am

I did want to have the northern zone contain a lot of extra stuff to collect if you're willing to brave the danger of that zone. That way there would always be more to collect if you're willing to increase your risk. Unfortunately the zone is amazingly buggy so the current amount of forage is all there is. I suppose people will just have to be more careful.

I understand your frustration with the spear. I want the player to react with panic when their spear breaks and a little frustration. The loss of a spear could make you hard pressed to meet the naga's demands. Though, you get a lot of time to collect more resources and the day is pretty long. Plus spears don't expire over time so eventually you can have many of them. I didn't want to have random events dominate the game so what I made was a random event that results in more work instead of defeat. It's not ideal.
Appo
Somewhat familiar

Postby Appo » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:21 am

What did people think of the pitcher girl? Good? Bad? How's the mechanic and writing? Is the difficulty right?
Appo
Somewhat familiar

Postby bloodle8 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:27 am

So I have no idea how to get water. There's a river. I have a canteen. I can't get the river water into my canteen. So where do I get water from, then?
Edit: Never mind, found the other river to the east.
bloodle8
Participator

Postby darknessblades » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:02 am

for some reason the stamina/healt drops really really fast, and you become slower than slow.

what is causing this. {even cheating the data to a higher value is not working}
darknessblades
Participator

Postby Farfanuggen » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:48 pm

I'm also having the same issue of stamina not replenishing after eating/drinking/sleeping.

Downloaded the latest version and it's still doing it.
Farfanuggen
Participator

Postby Appo » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:19 am

I've updated the link with a version that requires about half as much food and water.
Appo
Somewhat familiar

Postby nullstuff » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:15 pm

This game is HARD.

That being said, I love it! The difficulty really does feel like you're trying to survive, which in the end is what I was hoping for. I ran into the giantess eventually as well, and that feeling of panic in the face of impending doom is perfect! I can't wait to see what's next in this game, I'm especially hoping for more predators with interesting quirks like the giantess and the sand crab girl.
nullstuff
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game