[Beta][Unity]The Essence of Gender 3D 2023-02-09

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: [Alpha][HTML]The Essence of Gender

Postby Orosaki » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:13 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:Okay, so I'm honestly super enjoying the idea of this.

Suggestions:
- I had the idea for essence-neutral upgrades that could be set to make use of either essence when upgrading but that sounds inaccessible to auto-essence players. I just want to be able to plump up my rump with some sort of essence. Maybe a third sex essence of some sort, if you can swing such. Said essence might also be used for changing the color of things so one has the option of buying eyes and hair and human skintones or seeking it out.
- Honestly, if you plan on making transformation into other creatures besides elves (staring green with envy at the orcs and goblins for their hues), you might want to switch to making species-specific essence where human is the equivalent of doll.

Trivia:
- Technically speaking, when going by the Latin roots, a succubus can be male and an incubus female, as the former basically means "sub" and the latter basically means "dom".

I like the idea of species essence where if you get enough you become that species. Dolls could instead be the lack of any species essence but they have their own path too. like becoming a robot warmachine or something. As for gender neutral upgrades those would could be deferred to species essence upgrades which is effectively the same thing.

The player could turn into a chimera if they have too many different species essences and those upgrades would revolve around harmonizing all the various species upgrades.

Of course then it wouldn't be just the essence of gender anymore though you could just simply rename to the realm of essence at that point. I'm somewhat surprised that magic isn't a thing in the game takes place in what seems to be a fantasy world.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
And if anyone asks I'm clearly the devil.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ugre » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:11 pm

Orosaki wrote:
I like the idea of species essence where if you get enough you become that species. Dolls could instead be the lack of any species essence but they have their own path too. like becoming a robot warmachine or something. As for gender neutral upgrades those would could be deferred to species essence upgrades which is effectively the same thing.

The player could turn into a chimera if they have too many different species essences and those upgrades would revolve around harmonizing all the various species upgrades.

Of course then it wouldn't be just the essence of gender anymore though you could just simply rename to the realm of essence at that point. I'm somewhat surprised that magic isn't a thing in the game takes place in what seems to be a fantasy world.

Yeah race essence is something I will add as soon I figure out a way that works.

Magic is coming, coding/developing just takes time.
ugre
Somewhat familiar

Postby Slayerhero90 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:01 pm

Orosaki wrote:I like the idea of species essence where if you get enough you become that species. Dolls could instead be the lack of any species essence but they have their own path too. like becoming a robot warmachine or something. As for gender neutral upgrades those would could be deferred to species essence upgrades which is effectively the same thing.

I'm not a fan of dolls being a species thing. I'd rather not see species essence affect sexual characteristics.

Also, did you mean to say anything about that snippet of trivia? I noticed you included it in the quotation.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Randulf » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:29 pm

Found kind of an exploit
The food at the bar raises your health above max like sleeping at home but there is no limit.
You can just keep eating and raising your health as high as you want as long as you have the money

Also endurance raises your max orgasm limit, but it should also slightly lower the rate you gain pleasure at during sex, as even the bandit chief is making me instantly orgasm at 40 endurance
Randulf
Somewhat familiar

Postby Orosaki » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:18 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:
Orosaki wrote:I like the idea of species essence where if you get enough you become that species. Dolls could instead be the lack of any species essence but they have their own path too. like becoming a robot warmachine or something. As for gender neutral upgrades those would could be deferred to species essence upgrades which is effectively the same thing.

I'm not a fan of dolls being a species thing. I'd rather not see species essence affect sexual characteristics.

Also, did you mean to say anything about that snippet of trivia? I noticed you included it in the quotation.

Dolls are the lack of species but they have their own path and neutral abilities to. In other words they are an anti species path.

And bout the trivia thing succubi are commonly depicted as female with incubi being male. I believe this holds true for mythology if i remember correctly

Also had an idea but a hunger stat which is measured in kg it offsets gaining fat when eating stuff. When the hunger stat is full about 90% you recover more quickly, when half full you recover normally and when empty you recover at half the normal rate (unless you have a bunch of fat in which case but you lose fat more quickly while recovery stays normal). When hunger is completely full you start gaining fat.

Hunger size in kg is largely determined by vore level and other factors.

How much hunger depletes is determined by factors such as milk/cum production rate as well as how much muscle in kg you have. Milk/cum production stops when hunger bar is empty or is produced at half the normal rate if enough fat is present.

Gotta ask but what exactly is muscle supposed to do anyways?
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Slayerhero90 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:39 pm

Orosaki wrote:Dolls are the lack of species but they have their own path and neutral abilities to. In other words they are an anti species path.

My take is that any species should be able to be a doll (or a null, as I call 'em). It's humans that I think should be the absence of species essence, since all the other species here were created using the human body as a base.

As for the succubus/incubus thing, I just think it's a neat subversion of what folks usually do and is easier to adapt to sex devils of... atypical physiologies.

Also, back at addressing ugre:
- Will there ever be physical obstacles? No tree nor well nor palisade can obstruct my free movement. actually fuck it, that can be implemented when it would actually matter for the purposes of gameplay. i won't pose to stack that on your plate
- The left side of the fuck screen is partially obscured by the left-side column while in the dungeon.
- The setting of what essence to give on defeat resets on loading the game again from a downloaded file.
- I seem to have lost my hard-earned sizes by a couple levels! My cock was a footer last night and I saw it was six inches just now. But the essence prices do not seem to have updated accordingly with my reductions! Does losing essence while in manual happen to still shrink parts? Alternatively, might giving birth change one's sizes? Nevermind, forgot I switched from centimeters to inches.
- I think the pink indicating a female/bearer should be a bit brighter. It's a bit tricky to distinguish between the two for me and I'm not even colorblind.
- The pronouns selected also reset on reloading from downloaded file.
- Enabling inch true (perhaps should be labeled "Toggle Units" or say either imperial or metric depending on the state) does change units in the looks menu but keeps the liters in the fluid display.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Caniption » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:13 pm

Like what you've got so far, happy to see what comes next.

Not sure if anyone's pointed it out, but when examining the content of a vore-inventory, the weigh is always metric (i.e. the victims in my char's stomach are in kg when I open the stomach menu, but when looking at all the vore menus, are in lbs).
I am, at times, everything I am not.
Caniption
Been posting for a bit

Postby ugre » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:12 am

Caniption wrote:Like what you've got so far, happy to see what comes next.

Not sure if anyone's pointed it out, but when examining the content of a vore-inventory, the weigh is always metric (i.e. the victims in my char's stomach are in kg when I open the stomach menu, but when looking at all the vore menus, are in lbs).

Thanks, for letting me know.
I made the lbs option after kg so I might/have missed to add it at some places so it's great that you and others tell me rather than just deal with it :)
ugre
Somewhat familiar

Postby Orosaki » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:17 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:
Orosaki wrote:Dolls are the lack of species but they have their own path and neutral abilities to. In other words they are an anti species path.

My take is that any species should be able to be a doll (or a null, as I call 'em). It's humans that I think should be the absence of species essence, since all the other species here were created using the human body as a base.

As for the succubus/incubus thing, I just think it's a neat subversion of what folks usually do and is easier to adapt to sex devils of... atypical physiologies.

Also, back at addressing ugre:
- Will there ever be physical obstacles? No tree nor well nor palisade can obstruct my free movement. actually fuck it, that can be implemented when it would actually matter for the purposes of gameplay. i won't pose to stack that on your plate
- The left side of the fuck screen is partially obscured by the left-side column while in the dungeon.
- The setting of what essence to give on defeat resets on loading the game again from a downloaded file.
- I seem to have lost my hard-earned sizes by a couple levels! My cock was a footer last night and I saw it was six inches just now. But the essence prices do not seem to have updated accordingly with my reductions! Does losing essence while in manual happen to still shrink parts? Alternatively, might giving birth change one's sizes? Nevermind, forgot I switched from centimeters to inches.
- I think the pink indicating a female/bearer should be a bit brighter. It's a bit tricky to distinguish between the two for me and I'm not even colorblind.
- The pronouns selected also reset on reloading from downloaded file.
- Enabling inch true (perhaps should be labeled "Toggle Units" or say either imperial or metric depending on the state) does change units in the looks menu but keeps the liters in the fluid display.

dolls don't presently appear as a species in the game so it would be easy to change doll to null and use doll as a sort of non species term.

A null doll would technically work since null refers to the lack of a gender whilst doll is referring to lack of a species. Humans on the other hand do appear as a species so it makes less sense for humans to be the lack of species traits, since they have a clearly defined form.

A creature with no species shouldn't be able to have children either by impregnating another or by getting impregnated and a dol is a perfect fit for the term no species since olls are well kind of like an inanimate object. Of course puppet in this case may work better (think pinochio).
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Slayerhero90 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:55 pm

I was mostly arguing that human should be the absence-of species because all of these mythological and fantasy species were designed off of a human pattern. They were made by adding or removing traits from humans. If your idea were to be implemented, what even would be the traits that distinctly define humanity over dollhood?
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Orosaki » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:42 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:I was mostly arguing that human should be the absence-of species because all of these mythological and fantasy species were designed off of a human pattern. They were made by adding or removing traits from humans. If your idea were to be implemented, what even would be the traits that distinctly define humanity over dollhood?

Human essence has an effect on your capacity for other essences (or what you can utilize from them) as well as maximum on particular stats stats. This would help balance out the game and slow down progress (especially when you get the absorb stats perk) and not turn you into a powerful god early on.

It's perks are centered around increasing your max stats as well as max utilization of essences. In other words all that essence will not get utilized if you don't have enough human essence to go with it and balance it out.

Having human essence be a limiting factor for max stats would help balance the game. Human essence is always 100% utilized and their is no cap for it and all creatures possess some amount of human essence.

Human essence perks also revolve around improving how quickly you learn or improve (gain levels)
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby bahamut24 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:24 am

maybe it just me but for some reason i cannot battle anyone upon new game in recently file v.26
as i enter battle, hit,tease, surrender, flee r not working. i try play around toggle and battle remain same
bahamut24
Somewhat familiar

Postby Slayerhero90 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:25 am

So you've just posed to introduce perks that can only be bought with essence principally attainable through only one species and also to introduce limits on the extent to which other essences can be applied according to which opponents the player has been fighting. Yeah, one can get human essence from non-humans under this system, but is there even a line between, on one side, restrictively incentivizing the player to exclusively grind on humans and, on the other, basically meaning nothing and preserving the rapid ascent into ungodly power? I think there's inherently an overlap--trying to avoid both would likely simultaneously make general grinding more stale and still not be enough to curtail the ascent to power.

You're building a lot of infrastructure just to justify humans having their own essence. Moreover, these purposes to which you suggest one would apply human essence so far just make it seem like it's a generic essence, not a uniquely-human essence, which basically brings the concept back to "humans are the lack of any species, but also there's a generic essence everyone has but they have more of." I asked about traits, not perks--sorry if I wasn't clear, but I'm asking, what physical characteristics would actually distinguish humans from your proposed new form of dolls?
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby InternIsla » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:47 am

I have to say, this is a very promising looking game so far! I really like the systems in it, although in regards to vore, I think it would be good if there were an option to enable or disable vore with the player as prey, once you get around to implementing that. Some people (myself included) don't find the idea of being prey appealing, so it would be great if there were an option to fine-tune our experience that way.
InternIsla
Been posting for a bit

Postby ugre » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:36 am

Randulf wrote:Found kind of an exploit
The food at the bar raises your health above max like sleeping at home but there is no limit.
You can just keep eating and raising your health as high as you want as long as you have the money

Also endurance raises your max orgasm limit, but it should also slightly lower the rate you gain pleasure at during sex, as even the bandit chief is making me instantly orgasm at 40 endurance

Eating in bar gives some extra health and will at cost of gaining fat, its a feature but it's true that it needs a limit I should make it so that you can max get like 110% health & will.

Will take a look at re-balancing arousal gain.
ugre
Somewhat familiar

Postby ugre » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:39 am

InternIsla wrote:I have to say, this is a very promising looking game so far! I really like the systems in it, although in regards to vore, I think it would be good if there were an option to enable or disable vore with the player as prey, once you get around to implementing that. Some people (myself included) don't find the idea of being prey appealing, so it would be great if there were an option to fine-tune our experience that way.

Yeah you are right, I will implement that this week just so when there is prey scenes I don't forget.
ugre
Somewhat familiar

Postby snowspider » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:43 pm

InternIsla wrote:I have to say, this is a very promising looking game so far! I really like the systems in it, although in regards to vore, I think it would be good if there were an option to enable or disable vore with the player as prey, once you get around to implementing that. Some people (myself included) don't find the idea of being prey appealing, so it would be great if there were an option to fine-tune our experience that way.

The vore loss scenes are only "visible" if you have vore enabled - it was my idle thought to try and make it 'balanced' (i.e. getting a game over) - considering how OP absorbing stats can be.
snowspider
New to the forum

Postby Orosaki » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:10 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:So you've just posed to introduce perks that can only be bought with essence principally attainable through only one species and also to introduce limits on the extent to which other essences can be applied according to which opponents the player has been fighting. Yeah, one can get human essence from non-humans under this system, but is there even a line between, on one side, restrictively incentivizing the player to exclusively grind on humans and, on the other, basically meaning nothing and preserving the rapid ascent into ungodly power? I think there's inherently an overlap--trying to avoid both would likely simultaneously make general grinding more stale and still not be enough to curtail the ascent to power.

You're building a lot of infrastructure just to justify humans having their own essence. Moreover, these purposes to which you suggest one would apply human essence so far just make it seem like it's a generic essence, not a uniquely-human essence, which basically brings the concept back to "humans are the lack of any species, but also there's a generic essence everyone has but they have more of." I asked about traits, not perks--sorry if I wasn't clear, but I'm asking, what physical characteristics would actually distinguish humans from your proposed new form of dolls?

Dolls can have the basic appearance of any species human, elf, orc, or demon, but the appearance of them is made so that it looks off like something is not quite right about them. While standard species look normal and seem to be full of life, dolls look lifeless and creepy like those old dolls. Due to dolls not having any species essence their appearance is based on whatever creatures happen to be around them but because they do not possess that essence their appearance is not quite right, close enough to where the look similar enough but not close enough to where they fall into that uncanny valley territory which makes them look very creepy to whatever species they are trying to mimic.

Their lack of species essence means they don't have a stable form at least when it comes to appearance, and as a result are affected by the essence near them.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Slayerhero90 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:30 pm

The fluid mimicry of appearance sounds rather complicated to actually implement in any capacity in which it dynamically makes itself visible (and I imagine might also need updating every single time a new species is introduced), and possibly confusing or alienating to any newcomer freshly dumped into their character. It looks like another sewer line to the city's worth of infrastructure this idea builds for just one house. I feel like it'd be a pain to implement, though I guess we can hear what ugre thinks. I mean, you've clearly put a lot of thought into the idea, but it doesn't seem like it fits nor does it seem like the systems built in support of it would improve the rest of the game when applied (and some seem like they would harm the game as I detailed in the last reply).

Something I'm interested in hearing ugre's input on is if the species essences are going to be specific or generalized, i.e.:
- With specific species essences, demons would have demon essence; imps, imp essence; goblins, goblin essence; orcs, orc essence; halflings, halfing; elves, elf; and fairies, fairy.
- With general species essences, different species share different ratios of a smaller selection of essences. Halflings would have a bit of tiny essence and whatever is normal for humans; orcs would have goblinoid essence; demons, demon essence; elves, elf essence; goblins, goblinoid essence with some tiny essence too; imps, the same but replacing goblinoid essence with demon essence; and fairies, a lot of tiny essence and either a lot more elf essence than normal elves or their own fairy essence. In this case, common elves might have enough elf essence to justify their pointy ears, while fairies might have enough elf essence to give them fairy wings.

What I like about the generalized essence idea is that it would keep the buttons list for the essence management and essence siphoning/injection menus a lot neater, which you've expressed to be a concern of yours.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Orosaki » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:29 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:The fluid mimicry of appearance sounds rather complicated to actually implement in any capacity in which it dynamically makes itself visible (and I imagine might also need updating every single time a new species is introduced), and possibly confusing or alienating to any newcomer freshly dumped into their character. It looks like another sewer line to the city's worth of infrastructure this idea builds for just one house. I feel like it'd be a pain to implement, though I guess we can hear what ugre thinks. I mean, you've clearly put a lot of thought into the idea, but it doesn't seem like it fits nor does it seem like the systems built in support of it would improve the rest of the game when applied (and some seem like they would harm the game as I detailed in the last reply).

Something I'm interested in hearing ugre's input on is if the species essences are going to be specific or generalized, i.e.:
- With specific species essences, demons would have demon essence; imps, imp essence; goblins, goblin essence; orcs, orc essence; halflings, halfing; elves, elf; and fairies, fairy.
- With general species essences, different species share different ratios of a smaller selection of essences. Halflings would have a bit of tiny essence and whatever is normal for humans; orcs would have goblinoid essence; demons, demon essence; elves, elf essence; goblins, goblinoid essence with some tiny essence too; imps, the same but replacing goblinoid essence with demon essence; and fairies, a lot of tiny essence and either a lot more elf essence than normal elves or their own fairy essence. In this case, common elves might have enough elf essence to justify their pointy ears, while fairies might have enough elf essence to give them fairy wings.

What I like about the generalized essence idea is that it would keep the buttons list for the essence management and essence siphoning/injection menus a lot neater, which you've expressed to be a concern of yours.

Well alternatively dolls could be a shadowy creature without any distinct features, save for a pair of eyes their bodies are just a single color (black). This was my original idea then i realized that maybe it wasn't unique enough. Besides you seem to be arguing against it quite hard but not really coming up with an alternative yourself or trying to improve upon the idea.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game