Card Game Idea!

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Card Game Idea!

Postby MeTheMe » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:05 pm

I had an idea I've been working on for a while, but I kind of took a pause, and I don't know if I'm going to pick it up again, so I thought I'd throw out as much as I wrote, and see what the community wants to do with it! I wanted to make it in Tabletop Simulator, but never got around to learning it all, but I thought this was a cool enough idea to throw out into the universe.

I called it Apex Predators, for 2-4 players, each taking the role of a predator who wants to prove that they're better than the rest! So a challenge is laid down, eat the most and best prey by the end of the game to win! The rest need to find their own hunting grounds!

Pieces: 4 Predator Score cards with tokens for each (predators could have unique abilities, it was a thought, but I never expanded on it, if each has powers it could be more than 4), 5 locations (maybe more if they have unique abilities like the predators, but again, never gave it too much thought, again, it could expanded past 5 in that case), 44 power cards, 50 Prey cards,a bunch of wound tokens, and one Apex token.

Set up: Shuffle the location cards, and pick them at random, until you have one more than the number of players. Shuffle the prey deck, and play three face down prey on each location. Shuffle the powers deck, and pass three cards to each Predator, they may look at these. Argue among yourself who starts as the Apex.

The Gameplay

Stake out phase: Starting with the Apex and moving clockwise, each player may look at one face down prey in any location.

Hiding out phase: Starting with the Apex and moving clockwise, each player places their Predator Token on a location to choose their hunting ground.

Hunting phase: Starting with the Apex and moving clockwise, each player chooses a number of face down prey at their location to hunt. They place them face down in front of themselves, then in turn, each will reveal their prey, and prey effects will go off.

Cool down phase: For each prey consumed that player earns a point, (although different prey could be worth different points) and have a good rest over the night. In any locations have less than three prey, place face down prey until they have three. For the rest of the locations, add another prey. Move the Apex token clockwise, everyone draw up to a hand of three powers again, and begin with the new round!

The game ends when one player reaches a certain number of points, or when a certain number of rounds are played, I never decided on that.

Now, anytime it says it can played, a Predator my play a power card, these can range from changing locations at the last minute, stealing a prey, healing a wound, or negating a prey power.

Some prey will have effects or powers, thugs will hurt you, but still count as points, cops will hurt you and get away, stoners will let you draw more cards, etc. These happen when you flip them over and attempt to consume them.

The Cards, so I made a bunch of them, but of course this can be edited as well.

Prey Cards
25-Civilian- No Power
10-Thug- Take one damage before Devouring
5-Cop- Take two damage and discard all Prey Cards
5-Innocent- Discard one card at random before Devouring
5-Theif- Draw one card before Devouring.

Power Cards
4-Reflexes- Ignore one Hunted Prey's text.
4-Stake Out- Look at all Prey Cards at a Location.
4-Toughness- Ignore one Damage that would be done.
2-Festival!- Place Three Prey Cards on a Location.
2-Fireworks!- Ignore ALL Prey Text for the remainder of the turn.
3-Cry for Help- Flip one Prey face up, and add it to the Prey any Player is Hunting. They are now hunting that Prey as well.
2-Hunger Pains- Deal one damage to any player that didn't consume any prey
3-Scare- Discard one Prey being Hunted by any Player.
2-Honor Amongst Predators- Choose a Player that is Hunting more Prey than you. Take and Hunt one random Prey from them.
3-Unexpected Witness- Add the top card of the Prey deck to any Player's Hunted cards.
2-Terrify- Remove all Prey from target Location, including ones being Hunted.
4-Medical Care- Remove one Damage.
3-Too Much Food!- If you gained any points this turn, each 1 more.
4-Taxi- Move from your chosen Location to another.
2-Neighborhood Watch- All Predators in target Location take 1 Damage.

Let me know what you think! It's meant to be a little tactical, but mostly a party game, so anyone can win at any time! Let me know if anyone is good enough with Tabletop Simulator to make this real! If you wanna change it, try it! Throw out suggestions and stuff! Have fun!
Have a taste of my art if want! https://aryion.com/g4/gallery/MeTheMe

My Seeking RP Thread viewtopic.php?f=31&t=11807
MeTheMe
Semi-final Boss

Re: Card Game Idea!

Postby SubZero156 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:51 pm

I will support this :) go for it
SubZero156
Participator

Postby Krunchlesnitchles » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:14 pm

I like it but could use a little refining i recommend this get some ideas for each preds powers like once a round consume two prey during a hunt. then make some temporary place holder cards and play test it only way to really see it.
Krunchlesnitchles
Somewhat familiar

Postby MeTheMe » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:19 pm

Some ideas for Pred Powers might be something like look at two prey during the Stakeout Phase. You can have up to four cards in your hand. Negate one Damage a turn and such.

I forgot to mention damage in the post too, each Predator has three health, and when they take all three damage, they can take no more actions that turn. No prey are consumed, no points awarded, and they resume normal play with all health back at the beginning of the next round.

Krunchlesnitchles wrote:I like it but could use a little refining i recommend this get some ideas for each preds powers like once a round consume two prey during a hunt. then make some temporary place holder cards and play test it only way to really see it.

That's the thing, as I'm not sure I'll ever make a prototype myself, it would be super hard to balance without play testing and grinding out how I'd want it to play. I really posted this because I wanted it out of my head, since I don't know that I'll make anything of it.
Have a taste of my art if want! https://aryion.com/g4/gallery/MeTheMe

My Seeking RP Thread viewtopic.php?f=31&t=11807
MeTheMe
Semi-final Boss

Postby Krunchlesnitchles » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:23 pm

[/quote]
That's the thing, as I'm not sure I'll ever make a prototype myself, it would be super hard to balance without play testing and grinding out how I'd want it to play. I really posted this because I wanted it out of my head, since I don't know that I'll make anything of it.[/quote]
Make a word doc with each of the cards on it roughly make them the size of a playing card in the word doc use a playing card on piece of printer paper to help as a reference if need, then once cards are made print them and glue them on card stock i recommend three layers then buy sleeves put them in there and boom cards are made then get people to play test it with you.
Krunchlesnitchles
Somewhat familiar

Return to Vore game