Stardew Valley

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Stardew Valley

Postby vgove » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:16 pm

i wuld like a stardew valley vore mod but do not know how to mod so if anyone is up to the challenge please go for it.
vgove
Participator

Re: Stardew Valley

Postby Houyo » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:48 am

I've never modded before, but I know how to do sprite edits.

But the real question is, how would vore even be added to the game? What functions would involve it?
Houyo
???

Postby RC8015 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:06 am

Wanting to have something is one thing, but contributing to it is something completly different.
99% of the contributors here are creating vore content as a hobby, and the last 1 % which actually earns enough money are artists. Programming a full scale mod is a whole lot of work, it takes thousands of lines of coding, the sprites would would need for such a mod take much time aswell and not to mention the brain work required to figure out how to even do all of this.
I believe that just randomly throwing ideas and demanding things isn't the right way. At least comming up with a concept, or learning some own skills to help in such a project would be good. Even I learned a lot about spriting and game creation on my own, sadly my own job training takes too much time for me.
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:20 am

What would you pay someone to make it for you? This isn't the kind of thing to be done as a gift.
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

Location: Western Scotland (That's as much detail as you're getting)

Postby killermeow » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:25 am

Wasn't there a rule against just randomly asking for people to make what you want like this? If not, there should be- it's happened a few times in the past, and each and every time someone like you has pulled this stunt it has ended in the same way. Don't randomly beg for something that will take a massive amount of time and effort, either learn how to do it yourself or have the decency to actually ask about commissioning one, otherwise don't bother. People have randomly begged for mods before, they will again, the answer will ALWAYS either be do it yourself or pay others to. If someone was going to do it for free, either they'd have done it by now, its private, or they'd have posted a thread that they were going to do so just to get the hype train rolling. People have better things to do than randomly browse a forum, see a wishlist for something, and decide to fill it themselves at a detriment of many, many months of their life.
Now, back to our scheduled lurking.
If I sound rude, I'm being blunt, likely because somebody did something stupid. I'm not the best at controlling it sometimes
killermeow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ekadragon » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:21 am

Guys, you don't need to be so harsh towards them for making this kind of request. Instead of snapping at them, shouldn't you instead be suggesting where they may look in order to make the attempt themselves, such as relevant resources or tutorials etc to give them a clue how much work would need to go into this kind of project? Houyo has the right kind of approach to this topic.

To answer Houyo as well, seeing as this is a interesting request to my opinion, it could be usable in regards to toying with potential race changes (such as specific monster only areas that could be added where the player becomes one of that race via a relevant vore/effect and can then go there instead of back to the farm, thus having to explore the potential aspects of monster life and possibly meeting new NPCs and having new quests/goals to work towards as a monster), be a additional hazard to fighting certain monsters (I imagine slimes would become much, MUCH more dangerous since they can slow you down making it harder to avoid such a attack) or even make quests involving such like having to rescue someone who's gone adventuring and hasn't come back.

With the regards to the original poster, I believe Stardew Valley makes use of C++ coding and I want to say XNA file formats (I am not entirely sure mind you, try checking other stardew mods to verify that) and uses very specific formats for the sprites as well, meaning you would need to learn how to make use of spriting techniques to match Stardew Valley''s styles to get what you want out of it. Overall the project wouldn't be impossible, but as RC8015 said, it is going to be a time consuming endeavour and as such, many people would turn you down if you just flat request it. If you was to work with them towards accomplishing it however, such as providing the relevant sprites, ideas etc, then I believe you would stand a far greater chance.

Personally, I would like to see this done too (with the ideas I mentioned at Houyo as a example of the potential uses for the mod) so I would believe that this could be potentially done if people worked together on it. I myself know a bit about spriting but not with using the formats that Stardew Valley particularly uses nor how to convert or script these sorts of events. I've always been more of a ideas person. ^_^;
ekadragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Nouvi » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:47 am

ekadragon, while killermeow may have been a bit blunt, you may have missed the points RC and Markus were trying to make - modding takes a lot of effort - especially so if there's little base mod support in the game to work with.

Even though this game does have a modding api (third party, though endorsed(?)), big thing is that a decent vore mod would require way more advanced object interaction than just about any other existing SV mod, if even the api is capable of the interactions needed in the first place. Moreover I don't even think SV has any base code to work with even, when it comes to trying to have a monster and player object to 'attach' to each other.
Coding existing static objects, or simple values is infinitely easier than coding new interactions between two dynamic objects (exceptions may happen, probably)

Just asking for such a mod without afterthought is what often causes backlash, more complex the mod/bigger the request the worse the backlash. Exception is if they actually have plans, and ways, to have a big impact on the developments of such a mod themselves. Personally, I think such a backlash may be a good thing - especially when the requester has no apparent intent to make any effort themselves - if all these random requesters were not made to understand just how hard it is to make a proper mod without a working available framework to work with, we'd likely see the forum flooded with people making requests way more than we already do, drowning the actual games and mods.
Lurked for Years!
Nouvi
Participator

Postby ekadragon » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:24 pm

See, I can understand that matter, but simply 'telling them how hard it is' and not constructively giving them advice on HOW they might learn to do it themselves is more my point Nouvi. It doesn't help them learn how to do it or give any constructive advice, it just shunts them away because they seem like a nuisance, which creates overall hostility. This is why my post openly addressed Houyo's questions as well as explained what I knew about how Stardew Valley works, as well as agreeing with RC about the length and work of such a project.

To be entirely blunt: They will never learn to try if they don't know where to start and have nobody who shares the same intentions to see the end result.
ekadragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby megafaget » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:46 pm

Making such a mod would require alot of work. Now that won't help in learning how to do it. But this will hopefully set those who want to attempt this on the right way:

https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Modding:M ... API_mod.3F
megafaget
Been posting for a bit

Postby killermeow » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:52 pm

ekadragon wrote:See, I can understand that matter, but simply 'telling them how hard it is' and not constructively giving them advice on HOW they might learn to do it themselves is more my point Nouvi. It doesn't help them learn how to do it or give any constructive advice, it just shunts them away because they seem like a nuisance, which creates overall hostility. This is why my post openly addressed Houyo's questions as well as explained what I knew about how Stardew Valley works, as well as agreeing with RC about the length and work of such a project.

To be entirely blunt: They will never learn to try if they don't know where to start and have nobody who shares the same intentions to see the end result.

In my experience, most all of these random beggars who don't throw in a 'I would like to commission a mod' or a 'I am willing to learn how to mod' are just looking for freebies from others, hence the bluntness. If they are willing to pay or learn, that's an entirely different story, but until they show interest in either of those routes, my post stands. There are far too many people out there who just want something for free to the detriment of others.
Also, based on this person's post history, the vast majority of their posts are just begging for different content to be created/added to various games. While some may see it as community suggestions... It sort of paints a pattern if they're mostly pulling that stunt.
Now, back to our scheduled lurking.
If I sound rude, I'm being blunt, likely because somebody did something stupid. I'm not the best at controlling it sometimes
killermeow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ian66613 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:42 pm

Well, if it does become a mod, I would like a feature where you can gift yourself to people to have them consume you. But that's just me, since I'd never like to become a predator.
Ideal Vore Games · Vore Preferences · My OC (4 inch (10cm) fairy boy.)
I am NOT into Furries/Bestial/Animals.
ian66613
---

Postby Houyo » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:36 pm

Personally, I'd like to see a mod that let's you eat villagers. And after doing so they get removed from the game (maybe being able to be reset in the wizard's tower like other things).
Houyo
???

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:59 pm

Well the idea sounds like it has potential, I'd try to make it myself if I knew how to program, which there are online tutorials for(Some are even free), I just have to make time for it.
Turbotowns
???

Postby marloweny » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:02 pm

Has anyone seen this yet? https://youtu.be/T25LQt5Iyrk?t=348
marloweny
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:08 am

marloweny wrote:Has anyone seen this yet? https://youtu.be/T25LQt5Iyrk?t=348

...interesting. XD
Turbotowns
???

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:12 am

not fond of the overwhelming amount of unwilling in this mod. But it does seem ridiculously hilarious!
Ryan-Drakel
---

Return to Vore game