Marco Polo

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

What kind of experience is best?

Longer, more involved games that arn't yet complete, which continue to roll out updates
72%
Shorter, less involved games that are complete, which then move on to more small games
28%

Total votes : 97

Marco Polo

Postby MatchboxSpark » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:38 pm

Hello everyone, and welcome to Marco Polo. It is a quick vore experience, and is my first attempt at a complete erotic game. I hope to use community feedback and what I've learned making it to propel me through other games, or possibly into a much larger project. Please let me know your thoughts and feelings about it, and what you'd like to see in other games or in an expansion to this one.

I do have a patreon, but please don't feel obligated to send any money. I plan to keep my work free-of-charge, although donations are appreciated, and I would definitely look into commissioning art should I be able to fund it. I would also appreciate some thoughts on how art would be best used in this format, whether inline with the text, or relegated to separate pages to avoid interrupting the scenes / stories.

The game was created using SugarCube in Twine, since I'm certain no one is sick and tired of Twine games yet :P

Download Here:
https://mega.nz/#!aXZXXaba!zsS9nnwaiyyt ... bvQuow8kUM
Please consider supporting my Patreon!
MatchboxSpark
New to the forum

Re: Marco Polo

Postby Aleph-Null » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:41 pm

Hello and welcome to the portal.

I haven't played your game yet, but I did want to comment on the poll. I didn't vote because I think my preference would be situational.

If a developer has a clear idea how to produce all aspects of the project they envision, then I think the project should be attempted at the scale that feels appropriate for the given experience. However, if the developer does not know how to produce all elements of the experience, then they should target a smaller project.

The length of a given project is not necessarily important to me, although I would favor replay-ability.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby PocketChange » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:04 am

I just finished downloading the game and playing it a couple times and I feel like it's fairly good. I'm personally not a big fan of purely linear games or games based on chance but the game has a good premise and the writing is solid.

I do want to echo what the last comment said as well though, I don't think you should make a game with a time-scale set in mind as to whether or not it's going be a long project or a short one. You should go with an idea that you like and work on it until you're satisfied with what you made.
PocketChange
New to the forum

Postby shakey2 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:21 am

Personally I like longer more involved games. But most people end up abandoning these projects at some point for whatever reason. An short complete game is better than a demo that never goes farther. But an unfinished longer game with a decent amount of content can be better than a short complete game even though it leaves a bitter taste once you played it and realized you will never see the ending. If you are not confident in your ability to stick with your hobbies then I would keep doing short games and slowly ramp up. Though in the end I think you should do what you want to do because as a game dev if you don't enjoy what you do then chances are you are gonna get burned out and people are not gonna enjoy playing your games.
shakey2
Been posting for a bit

Postby SubZero156 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:07 am

was this the same name of the game, kids would play in the water
edit: shit this is nice game btw
SubZero156
Participator

Postby empatheticapathy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:13 pm

I just like finished games, regardless of size.
Also is there anything to this game besides clicking to continue and hoping you get lucky?
empatheticapathy
---

Postby MatchboxSpark » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:38 pm

Aleph-Null wrote:Hello and welcome to the portal.

I haven't played your game yet, but I did want to comment on the poll. I didn't vote because I think my preference would be situational.

If a developer has a clear idea how to produce all aspects of the project they envision, then I think the project should be attempted at the scale that feels appropriate for the given experience. However, if the developer does not know how to produce all elements of the experience, then they should target a smaller project.

The length of a given project is not necessarily important to me, although I would favor replay-ability.

Thank you! And I guess that makes sense. I'm just finding it difficult to make time. Even something this straightforward took a few months to work up to, so I figured it might just be the format I chose, you know?

PocketChange wrote:I just finished downloading the game and playing it a couple times and I feel like it's fairly good. I'm personally not a big fan of purely linear games or games based on chance but the game has a good premise and the writing is solid.

I do want to echo what the last comment said as well though, I don't think you should make a game with a time-scale set in mind as to whether or not it's going be a long project or a short one. You should go with an idea that you like and work on it until you're satisfied with what you made.

My first attempt at a game was a full-fledged horror-theme based off the Friday the 13th game, and it would have had a more in-depth gameplay loop, but that project quickly expanded beyond the scope I had for it, and I deleted it out of frustration :P

shakey2 wrote:Personally I like longer more involved games. But most people end up abandoning these projects at some point for whatever reason. An short complete game is better than a demo that never goes farther. But an unfinished longer game with a decent amount of content can be better than a short complete game even though it leaves a bitter taste once you played it and realized you will never see the ending. If you are not confident in your ability to stick with your hobbies then I would keep doing short games and slowly ramp up. Though in the end I think you should do what you want to do because as a game dev if you don't enjoy what you do then chances are you are gonna get burned out and people are not gonna enjoy playing your games.

Thanks for the input! I think I'll see if I can cram a more interesting kind of gameplay in this small of a package in the future, maybe it'd be the best of both worlds?

SubZero156 wrote:was this the same name of the game, kids would play in the water
edit: shit this is nice game btw

Yup! And thanks!

empatheticapathy wrote:I just like finished games, regardless of size.
Also is there anything to this game besides clicking to continue and hoping you get lucky?

Understandable, and no. Since the chance of being caught is weighed against the number of friends still remaining, it becomes as likely for you to be grabbed as a friend as you get closer to the end of the game.
Last edited by MatchboxSpark on Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Please consider supporting my Patreon!
MatchboxSpark
New to the forum

Postby SwallowMe » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:56 pm

Nice little game. I'd recommend at least a third choice before starting the game, and that is choice of the pred's gender. I prefer female preds and I hit a point where I had to reset the game 7 times in a row and make the setting selections again before it randomized in the female pred. It is an annoying time waster that I think would be easily remedied as I've dabbled in working with some of these text programs. As a secondary, a nice edition would be to able to choose the sex and names of the friends as well. Also, I'd say that there needs to be some variety to the dialogue, as it gets a little repetitive seeing that after the pred eats one girl and then a second girl, that the text for both events is exactly the same accept for the names of the girls.

Last, I'd say I was intrigued but a little disappointed with the ending when the player survives: Since I started with the small group of friends I thought when the pred said that she do something special with me if I brought more friends, naturally, I thought there could be different "you survived" endings for when you start the game with more friends....but no, all them have the same outcome when you survive or fail.

I know it is you first attempt. I'm just giving you a few possibly helpful tips.
SwallowMe
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby tastyfriend » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:48 am

look nice but i think need more long more stories inside and more choises
tastyfriend
New to the forum

Postby Bright » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:01 pm

I enjoyed this little game of Marco Polo.
I'll definitely play any other games you come up with.
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Return to Vore game