Vore VR MMO (Samsung Gear)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Vore VR MMO (Samsung Gear)

Postby zarachrest1 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:35 pm

So recently I received a Samsung Gear VR headset from my father and I noticed there are a surprisingly large amount of VR MMOs for it. Now my question to this wonderful community is who would be interested in assisting me in creating a Vore MMO for the Samsung Gear?
zarachrest1
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vore VR MMO (Samsung Gear)

Postby Aleph-Null » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:35 pm

How do you plan to go about doing that?

MMOs require persistence, that means at a minimum you will need a dedicated server.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby zarachrest1 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:52 pm

Getting a server isn't the part I'm going to find difficult. My problem is that I can't do 3d modelling or the coding that this would require. I would run the server myself because I already own multiple servers that had originally been intended for something else and are currently only being used to hold files.
zarachrest1
Somewhat familiar

Postby WPSmells » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:51 pm

I've never heard of any MMOs.
WPSmells
New to the forum

Postby killermeow » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:37 pm

You're setting a high bar that likely won't ever be reached by the community- maybe start with a smaller multiplayer game and if that pans out work your way up. Going straight for an MMO with no experience is a bad idea, especially one locked to a more niche system. None of the previous attempts in the past have gotten very far- so definitely better that if you do get a team together you don't go for something it takes hundreds to thousands of people to make right off the bat. Besides, even with the size of this community, an MMO would be overkill- nice as persistence would be.
Definitely good luck on getting a team together/keeping it going, lord knows that will be a nightmare.
Now, back to our scheduled lurking.
If I sound rude, I'm being blunt, likely because somebody did something stupid. I'm not the best at controlling it sometimes
killermeow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Bigfatpiggy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:37 pm

MMOs are some of the most massive and complicated gaming development projects out there. The fact that you don't have any modeling, coding, or game-design experience at all means you're not going to be contributing anything but ideas. And EVERYONE has ideas.
Bigfatpiggy
Somewhat familiar

Postby FutureBellyAche » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:26 am

A vore mmo would always be a bleeding hole of money. Vore is too much of a niche to ever benefit from even a fraction if what it takes to make an mmo.

Make a game before aiming so high. Game development can be pretty over whelming.
FutureBellyAche
Participator

Postby Anesthetic » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:12 am

Don't break down on everyone by the way.

You'd be amazed by how many people who have an absolute freakout in these forums when they are told their plans for a Vore Game are out of reach.

Usually something along the lines of "This community just likes destroying good things".
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:53 am

Not everyone has a VR headset first off, I certainly don't... yet. But I'm personally gonna get the Oculus rift, in a similar vein, those that DO have a headset wouldn't necessarily get the Gear, OR the Oculus, there are a few different headsets which would limit your audience considerably, even here.

So, while a Vore MMO sounds good on paper... It being limited VR(let alone to a single Headset)... eh, I don't know. XD
Turbotowns
???

Postby RC8015 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:22 am

I own a Oculus Rift with the touch controllers and 360° sensor coverage. So I would be interested, but my abilities are very limited aswell. Last time programming was at school and got no clue about modeling.
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jswrighting » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:05 am

I agree with the others here than an MMO is a nearly insurmountable task (most with money and professionals behind them fail within the first year) but a VR vore game with user interaction would certainly be welcome.
Probably a more approachable task (but still very complicated) would be merely a multiplayer, room/lobby-based vore VR game where the players host their own sessions so that you don't have to spend hundreds to keep server's running. And for VR, Unity3D has a SteamVR plugin which is compatible with Windows MR. And SteamVR emulators exist for the samsung GearVR allowing SteamVR binaries to stream through those HMDs.

Anyway, good luck
-------------
W O O
-------------
Jswrighting
Somewhat familiar

Postby Revx_Z » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:14 pm

In fairness, there was one quasi-MMO around here previously: Battle Stallion.
It did not have VR graphics. It had a horse icon, grass tiles, and a number indicating your height.

zarachrest1, there's an industry term that it might be useful for you to learn. Minimum Viable Product (MVP). You have an idea, and you want to turn it into a really big game at some point. That's cool. But you should break it down into concrete steps. First, what is the step from idea to small, playable prototype? What does your MVP look like? An animated mouth in VR, for example? Later, work on the rest of the way from MVP to full implementation.
Or as the proverb goes: "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

Once you have a MVP, it will be much easier to attract assistance from other contributors who see a working product. But getting to MVP is something you'll probably have to do yourself, because ideas are cheap. Lots of people have ideas and want help implementing them. To convince people to help you, you should have more than just an idea - you should have a minimum product that you can show off.
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jadex » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:47 pm

Zarachrest I gotta admit your kinda a madman, you just got out of a coma or whatever it is that happened to you and now you wanna make a VR vore game??? not to spoil your fun but really go lay down man you need it
Jadex
Somewhat familiar

Postby zarachrest1 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:02 pm

Jadex wrote:Zarachrest I gotta admit your kinda a madman, you just got out of a coma or whatever it is that happened to you and now you wanna make a VR vore game??? not to spoil your fun but really go lay down man you need it

Okay yeah maybe I'm putting too much on myself by trying to make a VR game, an MMO at that. Perhaps just a multiplayer vore game at this moment in time. I could start with the Byond launcher like Space Station 13 and grow from there. As for only recently recovering I don't want to let my illnesses stop me from doing what I enjoy, my progress on my current projects may be slow because of them but I do enjoy making games, I can't really live in the real world so I want to create other worlds where I actually have some control, I want to be able to let other people enjoy the worlds in my mind.
zarachrest1
Somewhat familiar

Return to Vore game