Anyone interested in this idea?

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Would this sort of game be interesting to you?

Sounds exciting - I'd like to play where I know I might be digested permanently.
28%
Making it a game sounds interesting, I think I should be able to play and replay it at will, though.
58%
I don't like randomized outcomes - this should be more of an interactive story (though that will probably cut down on the choices a little bit.)
14%
It's good enough to just post the different plot options in spoilers in the appropriate subforum!
No votes

Total votes : 97

Anyone interested in this idea?

Postby tst12 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:32 am

So, I've noticed those photomanips that basically consist of group of related images wherein the position and expressions of individuals in the set are exploited to make the vore make sense. Some of them let you choose your fate! Now, I realized, that it actually wouldn't be that hard to put these in game form (and I was working on just such - I could probably make it formulaic and churn one of these things out every month or two if I ever got motivated enough.) Have you ever played one of those text adventures with the illustrations? It would basically be something like that.

So, I sat down and I made a long flowchart for one of these that gives endings (both good and bad). It only requires a few manips, mostly bellies (though I'm hit or miss on bellies so if anyone loves the idea and wants to help PM me!) There are also two attributes (for simplicity) "strength" and "seductiveness" in the plan. Now, I may or may not have done some work on this already, (but I don't want to publish the outline yet). The game will allow randomized outcomes based on these attributes, so take risks carefully! You can influence these traits by choosing starting character traits. (There may combat mechanics, but they will be VERY simple, at least at first.) I think it's a halfway decent plot, though! To keep things simple, the plot will come in episodes - your previous experience may influence what is available, but there are just too many paths in life to integrate more than one.

This gave rise to another crazy idea. Perhaps some people would like the excitement of it being like permavore on the chat: you register for an account and if you get digested, that's it. You're not allowed to continue playing (although feel free to copy / paste your fate.) Moreover, if you churn a character, the game will never feature them again. Also, I've been toying with the idea of keeping statistics such as "Pleasure caused" "suffering endured" (and their mirrors) "People digested", "cupsizes gained" or "Cuddles acheived" ect, so you can see how far you got. Perhaps if you make friends in a previous plotline, certain future choices will be safer.

I didn't let the plot lines get too ambitious, but there is enough that something would be lost if you can't explore them because you have been eaten - but since I don't know how much time people spend on these things anyway, I suppose the additional excitement might be worth it, some people really like permanence. Note implementation details will be simple: the game might not, at first, remember your past (only your status) so you might log in an be greeted with nothing. To link accounts to email, I may use an opensource system or store emails only in hashed form (but send a code like everybody else and then forget the unencrypted form).

If I'm offering vore you don't like that month (such as M/player?) I might allow a simple skipping system or something, I dunno (It's F/player or Player/F right now.)

So: Poll. Do you think there is any point in turning this into a game? It will, of course, be free to play at least. (I don't PROMISE to follow the poll results or even publish anything but I'd like to look at the opinions!)

Comments welcome.
tst12
Participator

Re: Anyone interested in this idea?

Postby RC8015 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:41 am

Sounds ambitious, and interesting. Random outcomes are a thing I personaly enjoy as long as they aren't too hard or harsh. So if you have a path with an outcome which can only occure with like 5% chance, with no ways to influence or better this chance, it sucks (example: To gain someone as friend, you have to survive her belly, but you have to sucessfully complete 5 random events in a row, each with only 20% success chance).
Also some kind of guide would then be needed once the game get bigger, so people know what they could do/see, but that's somethign for later.

So yea, will keep watching this, sadly cant help as I'm busy with tests and the end of my training.
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:54 pm

I'm intrigued but didn't vote because I can't decide which option.

I love the idea of permanent digestion. I do like looking at perma characters on the chat from time to time in a lurk mode.

But does that mean once you've died once the game is over and you can't play it at all anymore? If so then that's a bit harsh. Maybe I just didn't understand that part. Would you be able to create new accounts and have another stab at it?

I can't see a game you can only play once being very successful. Although it is still a hot concept.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby Aleph-Null » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:49 pm

I basically agree with Ryanshowseason3. I voted for the second option, but ultimately would suggest a third. Essentially allow people to recreate characters. Character death is permanent, but you can create a new character.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Liz » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:39 pm

Yeah I like the idea of death is permanent and you can start a fresh game. The save if deleted and you start from scratch having to go thru everything again. Though I like the idea of this also being a switch for people, so some people who dislike such things can opt out of it and those who live for such experiences can do it.

As someone who plays a predator, I get both sides where people are shocked at the mention of perma death and others who long for it. I like catering for both ^^
[img]http://i68.tinypic.com/2r3xx1e.jpg[/img]
Chibi Liz's view on Physics, well breaking/ignoring them >:3 .
Pixiv [url]http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=3050556[/url]
Liz
---

Postby Ignoreme79 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:56 am

I feel like for a game format like this the replay ability is vital since people each have a different "happy ending" in something like this. While one person is just fine with digesting in one pred, another might have been hoping for a different outcome. only letting them do the one playthrough would make them feel cheated. However, if you have a vision for a free game that you want to release I see no reason why you cant think a little outside the box. Who knows, it could be an incredible experience!

I say do whatever you have more motivation to do since projects like these require that dedication to get them done. I wish you the best of luck!
Ignoreme79
Somewhat familiar

Postby sweetladyamy » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:28 pm

I actually like the idea of having perma end for games (I really do want to implement this in games of my own but it's not so easily done). Of course, having it where a single perma end means a complete lock-out for the player means you're gonna not have people interested for very long. I chose the first option mainly because I do like the realism of it, though I would also prefer to have the ability to start new, or to have multiple save files in the case of wanting to potentially relive or choose a different path (or in the case of a save file corruption in which that would be your last resort).
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby Bright » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:57 pm

You could have like a permanent fate, and replayability with some random character creation.

You are (pick name from list), who is (age) old. Your hair is (color), your eyes are (color), your bodyshape is (lean->chubby) and you are currently wearing a (upper part) and (lower part) clothing.
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby ireallyhavenoideafor » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:03 pm

Ooh, this sounds really interesting. I can't make up my mind on the permanence of being digested though. On one hand, It super exciting to be at risk of being permanently digested, but on the other hand I do like exploring all the options a game has to offer. Can't exactly do that as fat lol. Maybe make it a hardcore / softcore kind of decision? When making a character / account, let the player choose if their character is permanently digested, so people can continue if they want to, or be permanently digested if they want to as well.
ireallyhavenoideafor
New to the forum

Postby tst12 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:22 am

Yea, I think that's where this discussion should move. And not for me or the game I had in mind, but it would be interesting to hear suggestions *IN GENERAL* of how to satisfy people who enjoy such risk. I suppose so far we have (forgive me if I missed something):

Hardcore/Softcore modes (per ireallyhavenofear)
Having character stats/histories that are lost(eh, reset, basically) upon death (per bright\ liz \aleph-null)
Allowing dead characters to go back in time a bit? (sweetladyamy)
Delete the account completely but allow you to try again, say try a new email or something? (Per Ryanshow)
Keep death truly perma, but add some kind of a guide so people understand the risks they take (per RC8015).

Some of these have probably been tried, but still, interesting. I'm totally open to more in anyone has them!

For Now: Screw logins, and such. I'm just going to have an HTML file; when you download it, it is preset to connect to the servers IP address and start the game; that way, I have to host only the game and don't need to actually bother hosting a website at the same time. It won't keep track of players or characters past the first "episode. It's probably going to fork() everyone a new process (or somesuch) and just disconnect when you finish /die. So that's MY next course of action, but I think this may still turn out to be a worthy discussion.
tst12
Participator

Return to Vore game