Hemlock High - A High-School Vore Sim

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Hemlock High - A High-School Vore Sim

Postby adelta261 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:17 am

Hello people!

In regards to the recent thunderclap of interest in the game, I urge people who want a copy of the game to please PM me directly!
PMs make it much easier for me to keep track of the requests for the game and save me having to check the forum for new posts.

Thanks!
adelta261
Been posting for a bit

Postby SalVados » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:40 pm

How does this keep bumping up without new messages? Either way, I'm glad that I keep being reminded of this game. I like where it's at so far and can't wait to see what happens next!
SalVados
New to the forum

Postby adelta261 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:23 am

Nothing like a cheeky thread bump to keep new eyes on the project. :)
adelta261
Been posting for a bit

Postby kamizen » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:48 am

hello i been looking and waiting in the shadow at this project from time to time (it looks very interesting btw) waiting for a release to see what this game is about does anyone know when a public release will be shown? (dont wanna disturb the createor just becouse a random guy wants to try his game^_^)
kamizen
New to the forum

Postby adelta261 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:49 am

kamizen wrote:hello i been looking and waiting in the shadow at this project from time to time (it looks very interesting btw) waiting for a release to see what this game is about does anyone know when a public release will be shown? (dont wanna disturb the createor just becouse a random guy wants to try his game^_^)

Like I mentioned above, don't be afraid to PM me directly!
I like speaking to the people who play my game! :)
adelta261
Been posting for a bit

Postby sdaeeds » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:10 pm

How do I get me some of this here gameplay? Also, is there any GTS or growth element involved?
sdaeeds
Been posting for a bit

Postby adelta261 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:34 pm

sdaeeds wrote:How do I get me some of this here gameplay? Also, is there any GTS or growth element involved?

I don't know what GTS is, but there's certainly some height and weight gain, though it's slightly broken in the current state but it gets the point across.
If you want a copy of the game, please send me a PM directly.
adelta261
Been posting for a bit

Postby Absentia » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:59 pm

I've been following this for a while now, I would be interested but every fibre of my being is telling me there is a catch, probably just my suspicious nature as well as my previous experiences with someone on the site (you know who you are rule 4 and 6 apply to you to), So I have to ask, if there is a catch, what is it?

And sorry if this comes across as overly suspicious, but you know what they say once bitten twice shy.
Absentia
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:25 pm

Absentia wrote:I've been following this for a while now, I would be interested but every fibre of my being is telling me there is a catch, probably just my suspicious nature as well as my previous experiences with someone on the site (you know who you are rule 4 and 6 apply to you to), So I have to ask, if there is a catch, what is it?

I'm not sure what you're referring to exactly, but I can confirm this is a real program, though it doesn't have much content at the moment. I think it has good potential, though it would seem the creator has very little time to work on this, as it's seemingly been on the same version for 6 months.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby adelta261 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:59 pm

Aurilika wrote:
Absentia wrote:I've been following this for a while now, I would be interested but every fibre of my being is telling me there is a catch, probably just my suspicious nature as well as my previous experiences with someone on the site (you know who you are rule 4 and 6 apply to you to), So I have to ask, if there is a catch, what is it?

I'm not sure what you're referring to exactly, but I can confirm this is a real program, though it doesn't have much content at the moment. I think it has good potential, though it would seem the creator has very little time to work on this, as it's seemingly been on the same version for 6 months.

You'd be about right here. Progress has been made, but it's slow. I'm not willing to push out a version that's only marginally better, I want it to be a full release as opposed to another beta phase.
The reason I'm not putting it out for download right away, as I've stated before, is because I want it to be well-understood that this game is a work in progress, and that there could be issues with it.
I can avoid a lot of extra hassle if I can speak to people directly.

But if you really want an approved version, seen by the staff, you can go here: https://aryion.com/content/vore-downloads
adelta261
Been posting for a bit

Postby Absentia » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:54 am

Oh don't worry never had any doubt that it is a genuine game, like I said I'm suspicious by experience and nature is all, just wanted to make sure it was a developer quirk, think of it as me checking the small print
Absentia
Somewhat familiar

Postby adelta261 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:36 am

Absentia wrote:Oh don't worry never had any doubt that it is a genuine game, like I said I'm suspicious by experience and nature is all, just wanted to make sure it was a developer quirk, think of it as me checking the small print

All fine. Better safe than sorry. :)
adelta261
Been posting for a bit

Postby zarachrest1 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:36 am

Through my large amounts of beta testing I have seen what is already in this game and it's pretty cool, a bit linear at the moment due to it only being a beta but i'm sure upon release it will have much more to it.
zarachrest1
Somewhat familiar

Postby Shugoki » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:03 pm

adelta261 wrote:
Aurilika wrote:

You'd be about right here. Progress has been made, but it's slow. I'm not willing to push out a version that's only marginally better, I want it to be a full release as opposed to another beta phase.
The reason I'm not putting it out for download right away, as I've stated before, is because I want it to be well-understood that this game is a work in progress, and that there could be issues with it.
I can avoid a lot of extra hassle if I can speak to people directly.

But if you really want an approved version, seen by the staff, you can go here: https://aryion.com/content/vore-downloads

Downloaded the game from this link, but I wasn't able to start any scenes. I looked at the commands and all I could get to work were the ones that listed characters off. I couldn't interact with anyone.
Fuck are you reading this for? Keep scrolling, fool!
Shugoki
Somewhat familiar

Postby adelta261 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:23 pm

Hello friends!

It's been a long time since this project started, but I have some updates. Here's a preview of the current interface:

The game now features one-handed controls (using the arrow keys and enter key).
As you can see, there are some statuses such as energy and stomach capacity implemented.
Behind the scenes is also a weight gain feature.

Currently pictured here is the debug room, and isn't an accurate representation of what I'm going to release.
I started the project again from the ground up because I'd painted myself into a corner with the complexity of the project.

So now that you know the project is being worked on, I'd seriously value some input in the form of some answers to these questions. Answer as open-ended as you'd like. You don't have to answer all questions:
- What details should be included in character creation? (Race (like naga, neko, etc), physical attributes)
- What details should be included for NPCs?
- What sort of dialogue is preferred for things that aren't vore (such as talking, performing other actions, etc.) Objective or verbose language?
- Is a furry mode valuable to people?
- For players who will play with weight-gain, how long should it take to work up to being able to do vore?
- What vore modes should be included?
- What other kinks should be included? Currently there is vore, weight gain, disposal and sex.
- How important is being prey?
- How important is disposal?
- How important is being able to change text and background colour of the interface?
- How important are left vs. right hand controls? Arrow keys or WASD.
- How important is manually being able to input commands.
- Would you like any mini-games for attending classes, attending work, etc. Feel free to suggest ideas.
- Would you prefer a realistic world where vore is akin to murder, or a casual world where it's more or less 'oh well' when somebody is eaten?
- Should the game be easy to fail, or forgiving with game-ending?

For now I'll end the questions. I have a wealth to ask, but I don't think anybody will have the patience to answer all of them.
Feel free to post your answers here to discuss with each other, or PM them to me directly where I'll see them for sure.

If you have any questions about development, feel free to ask them here on the forum or directly via PM.
Thank you all for being so patient! I'm very eager to deliver something that's a cut above the demo I released six months ago. :)
adelta261
Been posting for a bit

Postby zarachrest1 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:06 pm

Definitely include the classes and work and other stuff mini-games, a mix of realistic and casual would be cool like depending on who witnesses you committing vore acts depends on the consequences.
zarachrest1
Somewhat familiar

Postby SalVados » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:11 pm

What details?
Race, obvious physical attributes (sex, skin tone, hair/fur/feather/scale colour [where applicable]), and perhaps attitude. Pred, prey, or switch when it comes to that. Maybe also general build of the body, but I'm not sure how well that would work with the weight gain system since I personally don't play with that on.
Those are also the details I'd like to see for NPCs when you examine them.

Dialogue outside of vore scenes. Yes please, but not overbearing. In short, I usually find myself skimming through them after I've encountered them a few times in other games, but an overview of how the world works tends to make me stick around longer for sure. For me that can include everything from a student tripping in the hallway as you move past and landing right in the maw of a predator to a character walking up to you and starting a short conversation.

I personally prefer monster girls over anthros, but everybody will probably have their preferences.

In terms of vore modes I'm content with the basics for the most part. Write what you're into yourself and see what people think is missing.

I'm happy with the kinks listed above myself, so feel free to stick to them. If others request things that might turn some players away consider adding a toggle menu for what scenes can appear eventually.

To me the option to be prey is part of the fun because I'm honestly more into that than into being the pred in any given interaction. Same goes for disposal, because sometimes I just want to have a crappy day... I'll stop before getting worse with that.

Controls in this kind of game I'm honestly okay with arrow keys as long as I don't also need to use the mouse, which in my experience with this I don't, so that's all good.

I also support the idea of some mini games, as long as they're fairly relaxed and not overly brutal and punishing if and when you fail them. Could take the form of combining a selection of items in chemistry class resulting in either a small reward if you do it right or the real life consequences of what happens when you mix random chemicals without being careful. Could even have an effect on the PC if you want to take it that far, failing that minigame might make it harder to succeed in your next pred scene as you're still too dazed from noxious fumes or have smoke in every orifice to really focus on that. Since you mention "attending work" I assume you want to add money? Add small gifts you'd have to buy otherwise as an additional incentive to succeed in minigames.

The attitude I'd like to see when it comes to vore would be "Survival of the fittest, but you're really not supposed to do that here but then again it's (potentially) a school for monstergirls/anthros". So teachers and maybe sometimes even other students (relationship/personality system?) will try to stop you and also those who try to vore you, but if a pred succeeds they're not punished.

The last point is difficult because my personal answer to that changes whenever I think about the question. So... give the player the option to turn perma death on or off? Either you have to start a new save (on), or you get to respawn in the nurse's office or restart at the beginning of the day or something to that effect (off).

Thank you very much for the update, it's great to see this project not just still kicking but now even with a shiny new update in the works!
SalVados
New to the forum

Postby frogcubus » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:41 pm

- What details should be included in character creation? (Race (like naga, neko, etc), physical attributes)
- What sort of dialogue is preferred for things that aren't vore (such as talking, performing other actions, etc.) Objective or verbose language?
- For players who will play with weight-gain, how long should it take to work up to being able to do vore?
- What other kinks should be included? Currently there is vore, weight gain, disposal and sex.
- How important is being able to change text and background colour of the interface?
- Would you like any mini-games for attending classes, attending work, etc. Feel free to suggest ideas.
- Would you prefer a realistic world where vore is akin to murder, or a casual world where it's more or less 'oh well' when somebody is eaten?

Race and gender (if that's to be made applicable) along with basic descriptions and stats would be perfect. Nothing too flashy to draw focus away from the eating/being eaten going down. Maybe that's a little overly basic, but I'm honestly not that worried about it.

As for details for NPCs, a quick little description similar to what we've had in the past for the identification feature is lovely.

Conversations based on character class-- like nerdy characters having a couple little bits of dialogue and maybe acting threatened if you're a bully, slackers not giving two shits whether they're addressing a teacher or a nerd or what have you-- the idea I had in mind was just really playing into those highschool tropes that we all know so well. Maybe rummaging through a locker and getting some unhealthy snacks from somebody who left it unlocked (or breaking in, if applicable to the character?) would be good for the weight gain system.

I don't want to play as a furry myself, but I don't have any issues with bumping into a couple of them now and again. Cool, but ultimately not of import. As somebody else said, monstergirls (or boys, but again, maybe wishful thinking) are preferable for me.

I dunno about y'all, but that turnabout moment when the skinny nerd suddenly has the moxie to gulp down the bully that's been hounding them all semester really puts a fire in me. As for the weight gain, the working your way up aspect has little value to me for that reason.

I'm cool with just oral vore being there, tbh. I don't really see the need to clutter it. From a practical perspective for the predator, it's going to be much more challenging to shove somebody into an orifice that's usually completely covered (or at least partially, if they're wearing a skirt but no underwear), and since they're already worried about intervention from teachers... You see the issue? It's hard enough to do normally, so if it's going to be implemented it might be best to either have a penalty of some kind involved or a specific venue where it's easier/more private, like the restrooms, perhaps.

If you were going to put something to cater to my dumb self in there, having cute, crossdressing boys wandering around with the rest would really tick a bunch of my boxes. I've been making unsubtle references to this for a bit. I can live without it, of course, but it'd be cool.

If you attempt to eat a predator and fail, it only makes sense that you should have to defend yourself from getting eaten. Having predators stalk you around after you've already gotten your fill, and are inherently both slower AND more delicious? They'd have to be insane to try, but who knows? Maybe somebody has the balls to give it a shot, and the strong gullet to match. I personally don't prefer the prey role much, but the risk is hot. Not gonna lie.

I'm not a fan of disposal at all. That said, having a toggle when you get started is probably the way to go.

The dark mode you showcased suits me fine, actually. I like that vaguely DOS-esque look. I feel like it fits the aesthetic of outdated computers in a highschool library, somehow, even though I've never been exposed to it in that context? I'm probably not making as much sense as I'd like, here.

I've gotten used to WASD in most games, and I am right handed, so. It's still got its core purpose, here, yknow?

I'm neither here nor there on the direct input method, that said, it's pretty convenient to go ctrl+v and repeat an action quickly without clicking a button, though.

Minigames to gradually improve the measure of our stats, like gym class once a day for physique or going to the library to get smarter, skipping class or something else entirely for luck, I dunno. I'm lacking in ideas, here. Maybe eating somebody with higher stats than you has a chance to pass a bit of it on to you? That's more of a mechanic than a minigame, though.

Casual all the way. Like, teacher sees you trying to eat a student? If it's some slacker that makes them look bad, they don't care. If it's their star student, however... You see what I'm getting at? That might tie into questions of difficulty. You charge in and start stuffing some rando somewhere, their buddies might gang up on you. You gotta be careful about these things! You did a pretty good job with this mechanic before, actually, even if I'm not sure how it applies to groups of prey at the same time.
Cuteness and degeneracy go too well together for their own good.
frogcubus
Somewhat familiar

Postby Winny » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:44 pm

I would say that most people would enjoy the little tid bits of animal qualities. Ears,nose,fur,paws,tails. Personally I think it would be quite nice to be able to choose height, weight, and how tight or loose a character is. Hair styles and maybe piercings?

Visual ques obviously, but it would be nice if vore is casual, maybe the player character will see NPC's mid digestion and have the bulges and outlines that come with it?

Objective language would be easier to create then overly verbose. Quick and to the point for talking between people, otherwise you would end up writing a book. lol.

Maybe you could make a slider for this? How many NPC's you would like to be furry? 10% 50% 100% 0%? Instead of say, making two games almost, one furry and one non furry.

No comment, as weight gain isn't a shtick for me most of the time. ^^

I personally think you should go with whatever your comfortable with. OV is an obvious though~

Again whatever you feel comfortable with, as a player I am fine with everything.

It adds a level of danger if you can be eaten by other predators. Pred vs pred is sadly not done a lot.

I Love disposal~ Absolutely adore it! Very important for me~ specially if disposal had details like what the prey had on them inside the disposal remains~ Merph hawt. <3

I really hope for a black background, easier on the eyes.

Either is fine with me.

Eh, I've personally always liked having a list of things to select, then say typing. "Look at west." To get prompts.

They could be fun.

Casual, but with a healthy dose of disregard of life~ It's murder but people accept it. <3

Slider option personally, but would enjoy it if its little more on the harder side, or at the very least easy to get eaten if you mess up.
Winny
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Shugoki » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:57 pm

adelta261 wrote:So now that you know the project is being worked on, I'd seriously value some input in the form of some answers to these questions. Answer as open-ended as you'd like. You don't have to answer all questions:

For now I'll end the questions. I have a wealth to ask, but I don't think anybody will have the patience to answer all of them.
Feel free to post your answers here to discuss with each other, or PM them to me directly where I'll see them for sure.

If you have any questions about development, feel free to ask them here on the forum or directly via PM.
Thank you all for being so patient! I'm very eager to deliver something that's a cut above the demo I released six months ago. :)

1. One idea I always liked is the ability to choose your body type. Do you have more weight go to your bust, belly, ass, that kinda thing. I think a good system would give you, say, 6 points to allocate towards your bust, belly, and butt, and this determines the ratio at which every part grows relative to the rest.
2. Assuming I understand the question, I would definitely go for dialogue that sounds the most natural. I hate bad dialogue.
3. Not to me, but I understand that it has a very big crowd here. However, I would prioritize getting everything else working before working on such an intensive feature.
4. I would have it available from the start and simply make it easier as you become more experienced.
5. Oral and anal are gonna be the easiest and simplest to start with. Things like breast vore, CV (if that's implemented), and unbirth will require new systems with new consequences, since you don't just digest peeps like you would with a stomach.
6. Feederism would be right at home with vore and WG. If you implement unbirth, that might be a good way to incorporate endo and, possibly, pregnancy.
7. I feel like there should be chances to eat and get eaten. Different players are gonna go into it with different goals, and sometimes it's just fun to have that freedom to see different scenes with different preds.
8. Those who like it should have that option, but I would prioritize other features and, were I the developer, wouldn't implement it at all.
9. A light and dark theme should be all you need, just to make sure anyone can have it easy on the eyes.
10. For a game like this, it doesn't impact much.
11. Could be really useful, but as long as you have a functional way to do things it shouldn't matter that much.
12. Not unless they open up new scenes.
13. I think this should be about what kind of world appeals to you more. There are merits to both approaches--if vore is taboo, you have the added challenge of hiding your activity or at least the varied responses NPCs will have to it; if it is the norm, you have more practical freedom as a player.
14. It should always be easy to lose, but difficulty should require little more than wit and ingenuity on the player's part.

EDIT: I'm an idiot and I missed the second question. You should specify racial traits, hair (or substituted features) color and style, eye color, skin color, and body type. When playing with WG, it may help to give an estimate of their body weight to help visualize what they look like.
Fuck are you reading this for? Keep scrolling, fool!
Shugoki
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game