Vore Gender War [Alpha 1.0 (Canceled)] [Unity]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Vore Gender War [Alpha 1.0 (Canceled)] [Unity]

Postby HenBor » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:43 am

Vore Gender War - 2D platformer.

Contains: Unbirth, Water vore (will be more in future)

Game canceled, see a new project: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=59446

Spoiler: show

Controls:
PC
Lapis:
AD or arrows for move
Space - jump (you can do double jump, but only if your womb is empty)
Shift - unbirth (only if you near enemy)
Ctrl - water trap bullet (used mana)
S or arrow down - digest
W or arrow up - use, move (for holes)
Q - Ultimate (the circle around the HP and MP bars)

Android

Download:

Discord: https://discord.gg/qGRgJ4e - spoilers, talks and bug reports here. (EN and RU channels)

Custom Translate
Instal
1) Start the game
2) Download the translation file
3) Move the file to a folder at Your Documents\Games\Vore Gender War\CustomTranslate
4) Start the game
5) Go to settings and select a new language (the name is the same as the file name)

Create
1) Start the game
2) Open the folder Your Documents\Games\Vore Gender War\CustomTranslate
3) Copy the file Example.LangJson and rename (the name is the same as how the file appears in the game)
4) Open the copied file in a text editor (I recomended Notepad++)
5) Edit the right column (do not touch the left, otherwise the game does not consider the translation)
Default file in the language of your system (if the translation to it is in the game)
To recreate the Example.LangJson, simply delete it and run the Game.
!Send me the translation files, if they pass the test, I will add them to the game with the next update!

Other works on VGW:

To Do:
Canceled

Known bugs:
Bug with translation in main menu
Lapis think enemy near her, when enemy not in unbirth radius
Animation bug, when enemy vanish, but Lapis not unbirth him.
Some corners are impassable (no jump)
Last edited by HenBor on Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:58 pm, edited 21 times in total.
HenBor
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vore Gender War [Alpha 1.0] [Unity]

Postby riku162 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:10 am

the download link you supplied does not work for me.
riku162
New to the forum

Postby HenBor » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:21 am

riku162 wrote:the download link you supplied does not work for me.

Likely adjusted, now works?
HenBor
Somewhat familiar

Postby mudkip01 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:35 am

Fun little game I enjoyed it especially the belly animations and womb digestion

the one bug i found so far was that if you get attacked halfway through unbirthing someone they just vanish

and out of curiosity will there be multi vore in the future?
mudkip01
Been posting for a bit

Postby mover » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:53 am

the game is super, but there are cons 1: bugs with opponents wanted to eat, took damage and disappeared the enemy, and if you press unb then there is animation and eats 2: some corners as the walls are not passable, but the jump all copes, 3: make the difficulty levels easy, medium, heavy, master vore. 4: you press unb and in 20% of cases does not work
mover
New to the forum

Postby HenBor » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:11 am

mudkip01 wrote:Fun little game I enjoyed it especially the belly animations and womb digestion

the one bug i found so far was that if you get attacked halfway through unbirthing someone they just vanish

and out of curiosity will there be multi vore in the future?

Thank you for the information about the bug.
Yes, Milie will be have multi-vore, but i add her after Lapis and Akko.
HenBor
Somewhat familiar

Postby HenBor » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:17 am

mover wrote:the game is super, but there are cons 1: bugs with opponents wanted to eat, took damage and disappeared the enemy, and if you press unb then there is animation and eats 2: some corners as the walls are not passable, but the jump all copes, 3: make the difficulty levels easy, medium, heavy, master vore. 4: you press unb and in 20% of cases does not work

As planned, Unbirth should be harder than bullet attack, you can easy Unbirth throwing enemies.
Maybe i add difficulty levels, but not in next update.

1: bugs with opponents wanted to eat, took damage and disappeared the enemy, and if you press unb then there is animation and eats 2: some corners as the walls are not passable, but the jump all copes

Thank, i add it in known bugs.
HenBor
Somewhat familiar

Postby Bobthecrazy » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:01 pm

Can you please how to actually open the game?
Bobthecrazy
New to the forum

Postby HenBor » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:19 pm

Bobthecrazy wrote:Can you please how to actually open the game?

Android or PC?
HenBor
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:48 am

Well this looks cute! XD Another platformer where we're pred? Downloading!
Turbotowns
???

Postby VVVx » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:41 am

Could you please export a Linux build?
VVVx
Participator

Postby HenBor » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:28 pm

Madmaxman wrote:Could you please export a Linux build?

No problem, i add new archive to links.
Upd: Added.
HenBor
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:17 pm

How are we supposed to unbirth the regular punch dudes? The animation is WAY too slow, and it can't be used outside their range.
Turbotowns
???

Postby HenBor » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:28 pm

Turbotowns wrote:How are we supposed to unbirth the regular punch dudes? The animation is WAY too slow, and it can't be used outside their range.

You can do it, just jump when he punch and then unbirth him, if you want i can create gif how to do it.
HenBor
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:07 pm

HenBor wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:How are we supposed to unbirth the regular punch dudes? The animation is WAY too slow, and it can't be used outside their range.

You can do it, just jump when he punch and then unbirth him, if you want i can create gif how to do it.

That would be helpful actually. ^^;
Turbotowns
???

Postby mmmooo55 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:15 pm

i wanted to say two things, the unbirth's hit detection seems super unreliable.in game, i often find myself baiting a enemy to attack, running up to unbirth them, but the animation didnt activate, so i have to run back and repeat until the unbirth animation activates.

another thing was a game-breaking bug i found in the underground part of level 1. there is a throwing enemy on a slope (cant screenshot, sorry) the slope is a slide, but, if you try to unbirth the enemy on the slide, the enemy will not be captured, but lapis will be caught in a infinite unbirth loop that is not excapable. this forces a game reset.

anyways, the game's animations are nice, and im looking forward to more content once the hit detection is fixed.
mmmooo55
Somewhat familiar

Postby HenBor » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:22 pm

mmmooo55 wrote:i wanted to say two things, the unbirth's hit detection seems super unreliable.in game, i often find myself baiting a enemy to attack, running up to unbirth them, but the animation didnt activate, so i have to run back and repeat until the unbirth animation activates.

another thing was a game-breaking bug i found in the underground part of level 1. there is a throwing enemy on a slope (cant screenshot, sorry) the slope is a slide, but, if you try to unbirth the enemy on the slide, the enemy will not be captured, but lapis will be caught in a infinite unbirth loop that is not excapable. this forces a game reset.

anyways, the game's animations are nice, and im looking forward to more content once the hit detection is fixed.

Thank you very much for your comment. I'll try to fix enemy detection in alpha 1.1. I'm also planning release a level 2, where there will be 2 new enemy, one who will be able to rape lapis.
!Spoiler alert!
This enemy is already on the alpha 1.0 poster in my gallery.
HenBor
Somewhat familiar

Postby Rewired » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:03 pm

Noice! Glad to see another vore platformer on the portal. The concept and initial outlook is very nice, I'd hazard we'll get more characters as the game progresses, and overall, I'm very interested in seeing how the game develops. :-D
Now, for the less than good notes... >.>
The gears in level 1, during the beige cavern bit, are in the foreground of platforming sections. It's a design choice, yes, but for some it messes with their perception and makes platforming a bit harder than it should be. Maybe move them to the background? Set up some nice gear sprites?
Another thing, which many have already mentioned, is that unbirthing seems really hit-or-miss. I get that you're trying to make it more difficult, and I'm wholly okay with that - but it seems like fake difficulty when enemies can just automatically no-sell an attack without the player noticing it. Have some sort of dodge animation or pushback animation to show players when they missed, at least - although if it was me doing the enemy coding, I'd let the players try to UB thin air like in GVB, so they can practise the attack at their leisure, and just make the hitbox well inside Lapis so she has to get up in the enemies' face and risk getting beat back in order to use the move with a good chance of success.
As it is, though, it looks too much like a glitch, and I wouldn't be surprised if it fooled more people into thinking it was a glitch. ^^;
Anyway, nice work! Looking forward to the next updates!
Rewired
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:57 pm

I tried the strategy you suggested, and it's so hard to time the jump to avoid their punches. The animation is just a BIT too fast I feel...
Turbotowns
???

Postby HenBor » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:57 am

Rewired wrote:Noice! Glad to see another vore platformer on the portal. The concept and initial outlook is very nice, I'd hazard we'll get more characters as the game progresses, and overall, I'm very interested in seeing how the game develops. :-D
Now, for the less than good notes... >.>
The gears in level 1, during the beige cavern bit, are in the foreground of platforming sections. It's a design choice, yes, but for some it messes with their perception and makes platforming a bit harder than it should be. Maybe move them to the background? Set up some nice gear sprites?
Another thing, which many have already mentioned, is that unbirthing seems really hit-or-miss. I get that you're trying to make it more difficult, and I'm wholly okay with that - but it seems like fake difficulty when enemies can just automatically no-sell an attack without the player noticing it. Have some sort of dodge animation or pushback animation to show players when they missed, at least - although if it was me doing the enemy coding, I'd let the players try to UB thin air like in GVB, so they can practise the attack at their leisure, and just make the hitbox well inside Lapis so she has to get up in the enemies' face and risk getting beat back in order to use the move with a good chance of success.
As it is, though, it looks too much like a glitch, and I wouldn't be surprised if it fooled more people into thinking it was a glitch. ^^;
Anyway, nice work! Looking forward to the next updates!

Thanks for the feedback!
UB is felt so still from-for bug in tracking enemies.
And so it's all about timings, I will introduce several difficulty modes in the next update.
HenBor
Somewhat familiar

Next

Return to Vore game