Nomlike [WIP] [Planning] [Early Alpha]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomlike [WIP] [Planning] [Early Alpha]

Postby CykaBlyat » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:42 am

Etherthedrake wrote:Just stumbled upon this on accident - and well, it looks pretty cool! I like the idea of a side scrolling shooter(?)-RPG, and i’ve played the first demo with the bug enemies. Gotta say, I also enjoy the pixel-and-cutins graphics.
I’ll watch where this goes, this has a lot of potential.

Thanks! I've got big plans, and i know it's a long road to seeing them through, but that's how everything goes.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby Etherthedrake » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:47 am

Oh, and before I forget...
CykaBlyat wrote:Very much so! I plan for a lot of different vore/kink types to be toggleable!

Does that mean you would add toggleable Endo/Digestion?
Etherthedrake
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:14 am

Etherthedrake wrote:Oh, and before I forget...
CykaBlyat wrote:Very much so! I plan for a lot of different vore/kink types to be toggleable!

Does that mean you would add toggleable Endo/Digestion?

Yeah, though that will essentially be an easy mode for the game. The way i have it set up, if you "lose a life" to being vored, you have a timer to defeat the enemy that vored you to be able to free the lost life, which will cause a character that looks just like you to pop out and run back to you, giving you back your life. No digest=no timer, which means you can free the lost life whenever you feel like it.

I'm still gonna make that a feature, but yeah, that'll make the game a little easier.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:45 pm

So, i'm not a musician, and i in no way know any musicians...so the next release, i may have to include a text file that will let players know where they can place their own MP3s for background music, or i'll include old NES or Genesis tunes. My current choice for music if i do include old game music, is Time Trax's OST.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby Maexam2 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:12 pm

CykaBlyat wrote:So, i'm not a musician, and i in no way know any musicians...so the next release, i may have to include a text file that will let players know where they can place their own MP3s for background music, or i'll include old NES or Genesis tunes. My current choice for music if i do include old game music, is Time Trax's OST.

I'd say to use both if possible. That way, you have your own thing, but the players can change the music if they want to. If not, then it's probably best for you to use your own music. Most people, at least to my knowledge, have little to no understanding of how codification works, myself included. So, if people try their hand at it, either they'll make a big mess that will make the game anything but impossible to play, or they'll simply quit the game all together. By the way, loved the first release. Looking forward to the next one. Will it be the snake from the screenshots alone? Or will there be a surprise new predator as well?
Maexam2
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby CykaBlyat » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:41 pm

Maexam2 wrote:
CykaBlyat wrote:So, i'm not a musician, and i in no way know any musicians...so the next release, i may have to include a text file that will let players know where they can place their own MP3s for background music, or i'll include old NES or Genesis tunes. My current choice for music if i do include old game music, is Time Trax's OST.

I'd say to use both if possible. That way, you have your own thing, but the players can change the music if they want to. If not, then it's probably best for you to use your own music. Most people, at least to my knowledge, have little to no understanding of how codification works, myself included. So, if people try their hand at it, either they'll make a big mess that will make the game anything but impossible to play, or they'll simply quit the game all together.

Actually, no coding is required for players to add their own music in. Akin to Morrowind or Oblivion, you'll be able to drop any number of MP3's into a BGM folder, you likely won't need to rename anything, and the game will randomly pick from the selection of music after scanning the folder, and play it for your planetary mission. :3

what i MIGHT do, is make a few separate folders for different difficulty or "threat" levels, so let's say you have "Harmless" planets, you'd have a "Harmless" folder in the "BGM" folder, and any MP3s within the Harmless folder are only played on Harmless threat level planets, ETC.

Maexam2 wrote:By the way, loved the first release. Looking forward to the next one. Will it be the snake from the screenshots alone? Or will there be a surprise new predator as well?

There's gonna be a few new predators, and a few actually won't vore or lewd at all. I do want to have some non-lewd threats as well as all the lewd ones, so some planets, may have hostile soldiers with lil' laser guns or something that pew pew pew ya to death! >:3c
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby LoroB » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:46 pm

Hmm very big plans holding small bucket :^) but good luck with project planning game any kind is the start :gulp:
LoroB
Been posting for a bit

Postby CykaBlyat » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:59 pm

LoroB wrote:Hmm very big plans holding small bucket :^) but good luck with project planning game any kind is the start :gulp:

Eh, my plans aren't that big bud, at least, not this time. I'm not making a 3d engine from scratch this time, along with custom file formats, OBJ importing, keyframe interpolation, map editors, scripting engine, etc, just a lil side scrolling vore game.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:19 pm

Okay, so, i have an intro sequence, the snake enemy is programmed in 100%, i have a simplistic flora system that places random shubbery along the planet surface, it currently doesn't take into account explosions that cause craters yet, and i now have a 2 weapon inventory system that's about 90% complete. The player can hold, on the planet's surface, two weapons, the only thing about it i haven't yet programmed in, is i plan for the secondary weapon to show on the player's back. I also added a minimap, that shows where the player is on the planet's surface, as well as any enemies on the planet, though i plan to later add enemies that can jam their signal and cause their blip on the minimap/rader/etc to go crazy and teleport all over the radar/minimap/etc.

I still have yet to add any sound effect or background music system, but that will be extremely simplistic to add, so it's fairly low priority.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby Etherthedrake » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:41 pm

Neat! I don't think many people would mind the lack of sound effects, so you could just work on finalizing the next demo (by finalizing i mean implementing the ideas that are currently possible: two weapons, etc) and release the next version of it. As you did mention - SFX and OST aren't a top priority.
Looking forward to the next update! (and of course, interacting with the serpent.)
Etherthedrake
Somewhat familiar

Postby Etherthedrake » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:21 am

Hiya! Since the forum went down I was wondering if you were able to get some progress on the next demo. I hope you didn't run into many issues!
Etherthedrake
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:36 pm

I'm really fucking depressed and unmotivated, so some features are a little rough around the edges, but i wanted to put something out at least.

The character creation screen only allows you to change head and body graphics, the name, age, sex, etc, aren't implemented yet and are just there for show. You get only two weapons, pistol and smg, you swap between them with the r key, you can sprint and superjump with the shift key held down, it uses up stamina, stamina now affects your ability to struggle, and the c key throws a grenade. some planets have wind, so the particles, including shots and grenades, are affected by wind direction and intensity.
Attachments
Nomlike.zip
(586.75 KiB) Downloaded 414 times
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:38 pm

Oh, and, F1 returns to planet selection.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby Etherthedrake » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:09 am

That is still pretty nice! Get better soon, you don’t have to work on the project. Rid of your depression first, it really distracts you lots (from my experience). Motivation is also a coming thing, you don’t always have it. Take a break, get your things together. As for the new demo, i’ll test it out a bit later today.
Etherthedrake
Somewhat familiar

Postby vores best friend » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:07 am

CykaBlyat wrote:I'm really fucking depressed and unmotivated, so some features are a little rough around the edges, but i wanted to put something out at least.

The character creation screen only allows you to change head and body graphics, the name, age, sex, etc, aren't implemented yet and are just there for show. You get only two weapons, pistol and smg, you swap between them with the r key, you can sprint and superjump with the shift key held down, it uses up stamina, stamina now affects your ability to struggle, and the c key throws a grenade. some planets have wind, so the particles, including shots and grenades, are affected by wind direction and intensity.

By the way, you probably want to edit your demo downloads/update message(s) in the main post. That way your demo download won't get buried in between a bunch of messages and newer people to the forum can find it easily.

Also, take your time! You aren't obligated to create this game for anyone, so don't stress it if you aren't feeling up to it. If you have personal complications, focus on fixing those first!
vores best friend
Been posting for a bit

Postby CykaBlyat » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:40 pm

vores best friend wrote:By the way, you probably want to edit your demo downloads/update message(s) in the main post. That way your demo download won't get buried in between a bunch of messages and newer people to the forum can find it easily.

I'll start doing that when i get the game a little more completed. Right now these are alphas/tech demos at best.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:10 pm

I'll try to post a new version soon. It's gotten overhauled and upgraded a lot, but i don't want to post the newest version until it has actual vore content as it doesn't use previous sprites and animations, in favor of a more detailed sprite resolution and whatnot, considering this is a vore forum.

Good news is, it plays a LOT more solid now, it's less random so there's less annoyances of enemies spawning right at the beginning area, it has sound effects, and background music, a level editor, actual platforming due to me switching to a tile-map engine rather than a height map, and it plays a lot more like a megaman/ megaman x game now, so it's a little more fun, in my opinion i suppose, to play.

My helper sprite/tile artist is doing a kickass job too, arguably better than i am with sprite art and animation, and it really feels like we keep having a creative feedback loop, where one of us makes a cool idea, that gives the other an idea, back and forth, so on and so forth, and it's really making it a fun project to work on!

I may be mostly silent a while more, as i was promoted in my job, and have new responsibilities, but i'm still chipping away at the game each night after work, trying to do all i can to keep progress going even if i don't show or talk much of it. I'd rather make progress than talk about it, admittedly. :P
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby Etherthedrake » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:49 am

Darn, that sounds amazing. Can't wait! (Just kidding of course, take your time to polish the game version before posting it.)
Glad to hear you're back on the project and got things sorted out. Hope you don't encounter much issues!
Make sure you do get enough rest though. Real life comes first.
Etherthedrake
Somewhat familiar

Postby Etherthedrake » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:52 am

I'm sorry for double-posting / necroing - if that's a thing.

I've been wondering if the project is still alive up 'n running, that's all.
Hey! I'm just a dessert mouse.
"humans boring. Endo best. Dragons awesome."
Etherthedrake
Somewhat familiar

Postby Maexam2 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:03 am

Etherthedrake wrote:I'm sorry for double-posting / necroing - if that's a thing.

I've been wondering if the project is still alive up 'n running, that's all.

It is a thing. But don't worry. If I'm not mistaken it is only necroing if you post in a forum whose latest post was about 3 - 5 years ago. Trust me, I know. I made that mistake and it cost me.
Maexam2
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game