Nomlike [WIP] [Planning] [Early Alpha]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomlike [WIP] [Planning] [Early Alpha]

Postby Snorlaxkid » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:45 am

mr_dawg wrote:
I DLed and played the WIP after reading this and the dash jump works fine for me. Holding the dash button lets me long jump 100% of the time even.

It works fine in flat areas. The issue is that the jump in question is off a two tile wide platform. Often times before the game even registers you pressed jump, you reach the edge of the platform and your dash cuts off.
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Firon » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:44 pm

Snorlaxkid wrote:It works fine in flat areas. The issue is that the jump in question is off a two tile wide platform. Often times before the game even registers you pressed jump, you reach the edge of the platform and your dash cuts off.

it works fine.....just practice and get better at it
Firon
---

Postby CykaBlyat » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:21 pm

Snorlaxkid wrote:
CykaBlyat wrote:
Snorlaxkid wrote:There's a nearly impossible jump in the current version fairly shortly in. It doesn't help you're on a lower (and only two tile wide) platform than your target and it's at the very edge of your jump arc. I understand liking difficult platforming, but even old school nintendo games would try to avoid stuff like this.

And i quote from the instructions i posted, "and C dashes"

In ANY megaman x game, which i'm basing the basic gameplay mechanics off of, dash-jumping is a very very basic technique the player learns to allow them to reach areas otherwise not, or barely within your standard jump-arc. You're supposed to jump while dashing, carrying the dashing momentum into a long-jump of sorts.

I did. It doesn't make it far enough. You miss the ledge unless your timing is pixel perfect.

Edit: And on further experimentation, you don't even keep your dash momentum when you dash jump most of the time.

Dude, i have no idea what game you're playing, but it's sure as shit not mine. I downloaded the demo i posted, and tested it, and everything works 100%, dash jumping works just fine, and there's no gap too large to dash jump. On top of that, i actually intentionally left in a glitch that i've decided to make a full feature, where if you jump just as you land from a dash jump, you'll still keep all the dash momentum into the next jump without needing to dash after landing, barring if you get the timing right.

I hate to break it to you, but I think you might just not know how to play the game, and for some reason, can't seem to get the ol noggin' joggin' enough to puzzle it out. I can't help you in that regard, so my best advice would be to go play any game in the Megaman X series for practice, then come back when you've gotten a grasp on the basic controls and techniques.

Shortly, i will show me playing the exact demo i posted, on a youtube video that i'll post the link to, just to prove my point. The issue here isn't the demo, only the player.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:23 pm

https://youtu.be/_siHEZnaWTE

There you go. Made it all the way to the third room. Dash jumping works.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:31 pm

Also, funny fact, the dash landing glitch I left in on purpose, I actually like to call the warp-skip. I like to imagine Max skipping around like a school girl at blazing speeds, all the guards just staring and wondering what the actual hell is wrong with him. XD
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby formaldehyde » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:15 pm

CykaBlyat wrote:On top of that, i actually intentionally left in a glitch that i've decided to make a full feature, where if you jump just as you land from a dash jump, you'll still keep all the dash momentum into the next jump without needing to dash after landing, barring if you get the timing right.

that kinda reminds me of dead cells. i watched a yt video where iirc the devs were showing that the game breaks its own platforming rules in your favor to help prevent you from missing frame perfect jump bs thus making everything seem more lenient. like if you jump a few frames too late and go off the ledge before you hit the jump button youll actually jump in midair. and if you just barely miss landing on a ledge youll land on it anyway. stuff like that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtBNffzWhf4

its pretty interesting in design philosophy
formaldehyde
Been posting for a bit

Postby CykaBlyat » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:38 pm

My artist had a setback, and is starting over with his version of the player sprites from scratch, so i'm going to start work on a vore animation or two since he's tied up with player sprites. Mine will all be placeholders, but hopefully good enough for everyone until we get some better ones.

crappy vore anim wip.png
crappy vore anim wip.png (28.56 KiB) Viewed 1741 times
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:54 pm

crappy vore anim wip 2.png
crappy vore anim wip 2.png (14.48 KiB) Viewed 1710 times
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby Etherthedrake » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:25 pm

Oh hey, neato!
Etherthedrake
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:58 pm

So, I have a lot done. Not enough for a demo YET, but i'm getting there. I have a dialogue system in, i have the ability for the dialogue to toggle switches that can alter maps in various minor ways, such as unlock doors, adding or removing enemies from a map, i have a boss fight framework in, as well as a simple and basic boss battle, and even a first vore animation. I'm either going to start work on an enemy that can breed the player character, a motion system for cut-ins that would fit better in the new design, or some more areas to explore. Here within the next day or two, i might even upload gameplay footage from the most bleeding edge version of the engine and game. When and If I do, the video will be unlisted, but i'll link it in this forum.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby Setton » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:37 pm

Thanks for your hard work :^), I'll be watching this project.
Setton
Been posting for a bit

Postby CykaBlyat » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:59 pm

Setton wrote:Thanks for your hard work :^), I'll be watching this project.

I appreciate it. A lot. Thanks. No sarcasm, i mean it.

I ain't gonna lie. I'm gonna keep the game free indefinitely, i refuse to make a game to sell, but when i feel i've made progress enough to prove to myself and others that i won't have issues petering out with the project like i used to, I'll likely open a patreon. ONLY after I feel i've proven to others and myself that it'll happen for sure. It'll be entirely optional, Demos and whatnot will be open to anyone regardless of any help they give, whatever people decide to give of their own will, i'll likely set up a small group chat on an instant messenger to put out ideas for engine features and game input and whatnot. I'm trying to save up to move out of my shitty broke ass state to the one my bf resides in. That's a ways down the line though, and once again, it'll be completely optional when i get to that point.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:26 pm

https://youtu.be/nKu-Ksnpq90

That's what i have so far, or at least, most of it.

Edit:

Also, vore toward the end. Or at least, what i have of it. Sprites and animation need polished.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:06 am

I'm currently working on what i call the "Motion System". It'll be a far superior version of the cut-in graphics i used before, but instead of displaying a frame-by frame pixel animation, it's a system that takes still image segments, pins them to one another at attach points, and rotates, scales, and moves them, kind of like skeletal animation, but for 2d "puppets". It'll allow for FAR more detailed vore/sex/etc animations, or even fully animated cutscenes!

Also, nothing like waking up 4:30am or so, being unable to go to bed, then deciding to puzzle out code that scales, rotates, and moves images with offsets, around an arbitrary, scaled, rotated, offsetted point. XD
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:19 am

Okay, got two test segments too, and i think i have the motion system about 50% coded. Most of the main calculations are in place, I just need to get the engine to load them, display them when prompted, and unload them after they conclude.

Vore_Test_Motion_Segments.png
Vore_Test_Motion_Segments.png (7.71 KiB) Viewed 1489 times
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:14 pm

I can't quite get the math to work, and i've spent half a day on that alone, i'm going to take a break from it, work on something else, and come back to it later down the line.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:46 pm

Segment rotation/position inheritance works now, after almost a full 12 hours worth of futzing and fighting, i finally got it working. I'm not even going to fucking TRY worrying about segment scaling yet, but i WILL make sure child segments can independently rotate on top of having their parent segment's inheriting rotation
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:55 pm

IT WORKS, HOLY SHIT IT ACTUALLY ALL WORKS
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:06 pm

CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:05 pm

it all mostly works. Child segments have troubles attaching to other child segments. Ugh.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game