Nomlike [WIP] [Planning] [Early Alpha]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomlike [WIP] [Planning] [Early Alpha]

Postby Draupnir7 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:54 pm

CykaBlyat wrote:IT WORKS, HOLY SHIT IT ACTUALLY ALL WORKS

The anthem of fledgling programmers everywhere.
Always fun to hear. Take it and RUN WITH THAT SHIT.
Draupnir7
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:40 pm

So, i don't have a lot to show off just yet, mostly working on framework. I have basic survival elements in, hunger, thirst, sleep, as well as items that refill those stats. I also have those stats affecting the player's ability. Low hunger results in shorter jumps, low sleep results in lower running speed, low thirst does nothing yet, trying to work that one out. Might make it affect how much food and sleep restores of hunger and sleep.

I plan to make it so at almost 0 sleep, the player has a chance to pass out, right in the middle of whatever they're doing, travelling, boss fighting etc. 0 hunger or thirst slowly hurts the player.

I plan on making an ability to set up a small camp, where you can mix two ingredient items into a food/drink item, and sleep, however there will be places you can't just nap, for example, in the middle of a heavily fortified enemy fortress. If you find a safe place to sleep, such as in a house, or hotel, you'll get a good night's rest. Sleeping out at a camp has a very small chance of an ambush when you wake, possibly even having the player wake up to find they're being, or have been, vored/unbirthed/bred.

I'm also soon gonna work on a toolset to make the creation of maps/rooms/areas, and enemies/NPCs, far easier and quicker, a mouse-based level/entity editor, kinda like my own Elder Scrolls Creation kit, or GECK.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:36 pm

So, i have the equipment system slightly more refined, but i've found a flaw in a mixture of ideas i'm implementing that seem to work together poorly. I have it so you can only change equipment at equip-change stations, in an attempt to make the player strategize, and be more careful preparing to enter an area for a mission, exploration, etc, but i've also had it so each arm part has their own shot-type, and even more importantly, ammunition, which you can run out of if your weapon isn't an auto-recharging ammo type, and since you can only change your weapons, which are your two arm parts, you can run out of ammo EASILY unless your weapons auto-charge, or unless you have an ammo clip item

I'm thinking what i'll do, is arm parts have infinite "clips", but the clips aren't bottomless, and once you run out of rounds in the clip, you have to wait for them to completely reload first, unless your weapon is an auto recharge weapon, and ammo clip items can reload your weapon instantly. I'm debating if i'll make it so there's a different ammo clip item for each ammo type, or if i'll have a universal weapon ammo energy a-la megaman.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:42 pm

I'm also toying around with the thought of special weapons akin to megaman, but in the form of magic instead. Due to a very long history i'm working on for the game's universe, there used to be magic, which became a mostly lost-art in the time this game is set in, however, there are shreds of it still around. Trying to decide how much exactly it'll play into the game, i'm thinking most of the demons you fight will have magic-based attacks instead of the normal guns/lasers/melee and vore attacks of the normal enemies.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:05 pm

Ugh, i'm trying to add a corrupt female seahorse enemy, but i swear, i can't get the sex scene right at all tonight. Might do a male seahorse instead, since they have brood pouches, get in another vore scene or two. The corrupt Male Seahorse enemy will have UB and OV. The reason for UB, is with seahorses, the males have broodpouches, and the females have ovipositors.

Adding a water-based enemy as i'll be trying to add water to the engine soon, due to the fact you have thirst. I already have a thirst-restoring item, but i'm planning on allowing the player to drink from other sources of water, such as fountains, etc.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby Kurainyx » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:26 am

I thought that this was going to be a simple side scroller, but you're really going all out on it with all of these mechanics and features. Hope that you don't burn yourself out with adding in so many things.
Kurainyx
New to the forum

Postby CykaBlyat » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:05 am

Kurainyx wrote:I thought that this was going to be a simple side scroller, but you're really going all out on it with all of these mechanics and features. Hope that you don't burn yourself out with adding in so many things.

The programming and mechanics won't burn me out, but if I'm not careful, the sprites and animation will. And yeah, I'm going all out because i wanna finally make it as a game dev, and I'm hoping this will be the answer to being able to go move closer to the love of my life.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby Etherthedrake » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:41 pm

Wow, this has become quite a whole lot more complicated since I last visited the page! I like it, but be careful not to tire yourself out, as Kura said.
Hey! I'm just a dessert mouse.
"humans boring. Endo best. Dragons awesome."
Etherthedrake
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:50 pm

Etherthedrake wrote:Wow, this has become quite a whole lot more complicated since I last visited the page! I like it, but be careful not to tire yourself out, as Kura said.

Yeah, like i said though, the real issue is art assets. I can handle the programming all day long every day, but the art assets are monumentous to handle, and quite intimidating. It's why, as much as i hate to say it, vore/sex animations will likely be slow to add, though i will add them as i finish them, as i've done with the unbirth animation with the red bug enemy i currently refer to as the UB Bug, for obvious reasons
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:27 pm

Seawhorse.png
Seawhorse.png (24.04 KiB) Viewed 2124 times

New enemy!A female seahorse, that has bewbs because reasons.

She swims around in water, and upon noticing the player, she's alerted, and tries to swim and line herself up with the player horizontally, before leaping out at them in an attempt to grab the player. I'm planning Oral and CV, and the player will be able to subtly decide which animation plays, as it'll play OV or CV depending on the direction you're facing. :D

Edit: The sprites are WIP at the moment, by the by.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:28 pm

Also, a buddy of mine says this design could easily be altered slightly to make a ghost enemy of sorts, which i love, get a little possession going on~ :3
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:26 pm

MapEditorScreenshot.png

Also working on a mouse-based map editor, to hopefully make the creation of maps/areas more streamlined and quick, which will help with making a test area for enemies.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:50 pm

The mouse-driven, user-friendly map editor is making some fantastic progress, i have it saving, loading, drawing tiles, setting tile types, i have a drop down menu that though it's not entirely complete yet, it works like a real drop down menu, and i already figured out how to handle the quirky way i set up my map editor's "teleport to another map" function!
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby Etherthedrake » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:43 pm

I love to see the progress you're making! I am looking forward to the next demo, i'm sure it'll be great.
Hey! I'm just a dessert mouse.
"humans boring. Endo best. Dragons awesome."
Etherthedrake
Somewhat familiar

Postby CykaBlyat » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:13 pm

i can't work on the game today. i'm worried absolutely sick today.

A friend is having serious life issues, and i'm one of their few supports that understands them.

I'll try to go back to business as usual by friday, but i need to tend to them.
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby Sentinal » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:58 pm

So any updates to the game?
Sentinal
New to the forum

Postby Maexam2 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:52 pm

Sentinal wrote:So any updates to the game?

Yeah, anything new?
Maexam2
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby bobthemailman21 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:28 am

CykaBlyat, been almost a year since the last post from you on here. Anything new? Is everything okay?
bobthemailman21
Been posting for a bit

Postby WarlockSnorlax » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:59 am

Hope he's just workin' on a real big update and hasn't been shot four times in the skull.
If you're seeing this, you will be cursed...
...with a great day.
WarlockSnorlax
New to the forum

Postby Anonymous111 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:39 pm

could trait stealing be possible (like absorbing the features of a vored(or non vored\partially vored(the part that's being stolen vored but nothing else)) target to for instance regain a lost limb or to enhance your existing limbs)
Anonymous111
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game