Discussion: Vintage Vore Games

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Discussion: Vintage Vore Games

Postby Erecant » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:13 pm

Hey everybody!

So I recently broke out an old laptop I've had floating around in storage for a few years after having been taken by a sudden flight of nostalgia. Windows XP on this bad boy, from back in my undergrad days. Between it's still-working-by-some-act-from-on-high hard drive, and a few backups I've taken over the years of other drives and devices, I've managed to put together a few classic games that can't really run on modern computers. I've really been having a blast going through and replaying some of the classics, some of which have been around even longer than the portal.

Anyway, this brought me to the sudden unalienable fact that I am apparently now a jaded old geezer. Instead of yelling at the new kids on the block to keep off my lawn, I figured . . . why not wax nostalgic and talk about the old days, and games that many around here may have either never been able to play, or never heard of before.

So! Fellow walking anachronisms of the community! Let's begin, shall we? I suppose I'll put together a quick listing, which may or may not be maintained or formatted. Let's be real, this is more of a whim than a real undertaking.

Duamutef's Glorious Vore RPG: Wow this is pretty much the granddaddy of them all. My personal reckoning places it at roundabout 2000 for it's initial release. Has always been a bit of a monster to get running, especially since it was originally written to be run on Windows 98, maybe 95, even. I'll be honest, this game sucked up a LOT of my time, and really impacted my development as a creator, developer, and writer. It was unwieldy, but with a little effort you could crack it open, take a look under the hood and really get into some modding and customization. I know of at least two mods that were floating around that really ramped up the conversation and RPG part of the game, but even the vanilla was a crazy eye opening experience back then. At the time, Vore existed almost entirely in the written word, maybe some hard to find, questionable quality images, or very tightly knit groups that were not nearly as accessible as the portal. Getting this up and running was simply exhilarating, opening up entirely new avenues of possibility and really getting the creative juices going.

Cartovore (1 and 2): Another of Duamutef's contributions, Cartovore was something entirely different. The first game was pretty fast and loose, not much going on beyond some silly card mechanics, some static images, and barely knowing what was going on. That said, each of the cards had touches of flavor text that I even today find myself recalling with no small amount of relish. The second game was quite a bit more robust, and again, extremely customizable. Those of us who played probably had our own favorites (Jenica Gurglemeister = BestGirl) whom we may have cracked into the game's files to break beyond any pretension of balance.

krishna3ca's VGame: This one was a blast, and a bit more modern than Duam's games. That said, this was an exceedingly long project, with 7 chapters to play through. This one was built on an old version of Java, with an Access database backend, which was unfortunately broken by Java Updates locking down outside resource calls. The vanilla game in here was spectacular. Art assets were from all over the place, but there was a certain layer of homogeneity given by krishna3ca's painstaking edits with their own style, gloriously full bellies for each sprite, with imprints of struggling prey within. The sound assets were myriad, and the features just kept growing with each installation. As above, this game could be cracked open and customized, modded, and tweaked, but it was pretty difficult to get all the syntax down. Unfortunately it was pretty difficult to share and combine mods, so in my experience, this one was mostly customized for personal copies, and not really redistributed. That said, Seifens put together an amazing front end mod for the game which made some great QoL changes, raising the overall accessibility of the game by leaps and bounds.

So there's my list of recent rediscoveries down my traipse down memory lane. Does anybody else have any games that time may have forgotten? Thoughts on the above? Fond memories of games which may still be playable, but made a big impact on you, either as a fan of vore game or a creator? Please chime in, I'd love to see some lively discussion in here!

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Discussion: Vintage Vore Games

Postby ouphe » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:49 pm

I'd be delighted if someone had currently functioning versions of these, as the only one I can get to work on my newer computer is Cartovore 1.
ouphe
Participator

Postby Winny » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:53 pm

All three games were wonderful, its a shame that they take so much effort to try to get running these days. But they all had their charms, and bugs.
Winny
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 665544o » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:02 pm

Vgame looks like a lot of fun, tried to download but I'm having difficulties
getting it to run properly.
665544o
New to the forum

Postby killermeow » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:11 pm

665544o wrote:Vgame looks like a lot of fun, tried to download but I'm having difficulties

Try running it in compatability mode- that'll at least give you a better shot.
Now, back to our scheduled lurking.
If I sound rude, I'm being blunt, likely because somebody did something stupid. I'm not the best at controlling it sometimes
killermeow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby NemoUlysses » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:28 pm

665544o wrote:Vgame looks like a lot of fun, tried to download but I'm having difficulties

If you're having isssues with Java try this guide, it worked fine for me some months ago. And of course remember to install the chapters and the mod in order.
NemoUlysses
Somewhat familiar

Postby Erecant » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:46 pm

Oh man, I'd forgotten there was a workaround for VGame. Good catch! Easier to work in it in a standard pc interface, rather than the slapdash VM I've got spun up.

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby bebopy » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:25 pm

Gosh, I know it wasn't super long ago, but I miss that Minecraft world that was the inside of a house, I think I still have the files for it, but I'm so sad it was abandoned
bebopy
Participator

Postby mmmooo55 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:43 pm

i have my experiences with these,
with a LOT of technical fenaggling, i managed to get duamutef's vore rpg, and krichna's vore game to work on my windows 7, no dos box, but because of helpful posts on this website that change the code. i never was able to get cartovore to work, i didnt wanna spend much time to get it to work.

ive played krichna's game the most. i stopped playing since, though, i got frustrated cause i couldnt figgure out how to LOSE a skill check that led to a very long analvore scene, and got frustrated (damn my agility) i do reccomend cheating if youre playing it for the smut, though. the game's too difficult and grindy for it's own good, and status spellcasters (looking at you, tree nymphs) are a physical pain.

there's a lot of old gems in the vore downloads part of this site, including FUBN and Alien goddess.

FUBN was a absolute jam! i loved it! my favorite part was how there was a customized game over screen for each level, (but that also meant you had to play the game a fair bit even with cheats to see every one of them)

i played the first chapter of alin goddess and couldnt figure out how to progress, and then i skipped to the last chapter, and everyone was dinosaurs, (Thank you Diego Brando, very cool.), so i gave up. i dont remember how brutal that game was. im pretty sure it was brutal.

and, bebopy, a version of shrunkcraft is up on the vorecraft server, but 15% of the scenes dont work. other than that, its pretty accuarate.
mmmooo55
Somewhat familiar

Postby Seifens » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:23 am

Erecant wrote:Oh man, I'd forgotten there was a workaround for VGame. Good catch! Easier to work in it in a standard pc interface, rather than the slapdash VM I've got spun up.

--Erecant

The latest version of my mod removes the access DB requirements, so the game should a) not need any odd workarounds, and b) be cross platform now. You do still need to install the base game, but only for the graphics/sounds.

mmmooo55 wrote:i stopped playing since, though, i got frustrated cause i couldnt figgure out how to LOSE a skill check that led to a very long analvore scene, and got frustrated (damn my agility)

One thing I added at some point (for testing I think) was a 'fail checks' checkbox in the options menu. It will cause you to fail any checks the game throws at you while it's enabled.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Krono » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:37 am

Ohh dear. I may have a few. How about Markie's old giantess games? I know i have them on an old external drive from back when 32Gb was a big HD.

Dude I am 31 and truthfully I have been in the community since I was 13. Shhh! Lol... im pretty sure that I have played somewhere around 90% of all the vore games posted. Shoot my current computer alone has hidden folder with somewhere over 500 gigs worth of vore games. Talk about hiding a damned elephant under a carpet. Plus I hardly ever delete old versions. So I currently have every iteration of a lot of games.
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Ngasta » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:19 am

I highly recommend Krishna's VGame to anyone who hasn't tried it out. It's unpolished and has some baffling gameplay quirks... but it's nevertheless one of the best vore games I've played. It feels like an actual full game in a way that most similar games do not.
Ngasta
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:35 pm

Vore Night+
Pretty much merely a demo, but what a demo it is.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Erecant » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:36 pm

Oh man, that one was great! Not a lot there, but an amazing presentation and setting. Such a shame it never saw any updates.

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby 665544o » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:46 pm

I'm trying to find all chapters of Vgame but its a little difficult.
665544o
New to the forum

Postby NemoUlysses » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:59 pm

665544o wrote:I'm trying to find all chapters of Vgame but its a little difficult.

They're available in the download section of Eka's Portal.
NemoUlysses
Somewhat familiar

Postby 665544o » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:08 pm

Thanks! Wish me luck.
665544o
New to the forum

Postby Humbug » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:37 pm

I didn't even play any of these, but just hearing about them again makes me nostalgic. Dang. XD
Humbug
---

Postby empatheticapathy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:38 pm

Duamutef's vore rpg inspired me to become a game dev. That game is what really drove home to me that one guy could make a full-length game about anything he wanted.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby WhatBigTeeth » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:12 pm

Still play VGame fairly regularly, even modded some scenes into for kicks. Really enjoy the overall setting of the game.
WhatBigTeeth
Somewhat familiar

Next

Return to Vore game