Tiny Misadventures - Long Awaited Update 0.4 - 08/09/23

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Tiny Misadventures - The ultimate shrinking game!

Postby Altimos » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:43 am

Oceansire wrote:
Altimos wrote:
DevS098 wrote:Blah Blah Blah... "who is not skilled enough to escape our girls" Blah Blah Blah...

This pleases me and I certainly laughed XD
In real life, being shoved in or slid down into... I hope there is no easy mode X3

Just seems asinine to me. Still, I appreciate the fix. Now both parties can be satisfied.

I agree with you (if you're talking about the overall nature of the issue), but at the same time as a developer, you'd want to listen to your player base. Though, I didn't like how they pushed the complaints and Eka did point out their mishandling of their comments.

I for one will always have it on hard mode... err, normal mode? Original mode... yeah!!! XD

But I loved the developers comeback with the "not skilled enough to escape our girls..." pure gold, and not just from their quip, but because they gave life to their creation when they said "our girls." This ultimately pleased me because you are essentially the parent to your creation :3
Ancient Reckoning Chronicles

I also roleplay, but cannot find a site yet to display a good enough interpretation of my preferences. So... just ask me.
Altimos
Somewhat familiar

Postby NeneNoms » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:08 am

This pleases me and I certainly laughed XD
In real life, being shoved in or slid down into... I hope there is no easy mode X3[/quote]

Just seems asinine to me. Still, I appreciate the fix. Now both parties can be satisfied.[/quote]

I agree with you (if you're talking about the overall nature of the issue), but at the same time as a developer, you'd want to listen to your player base. Though, I didn't like how they pushed the complaints and Eka did point out their mishandling of their comments.

I for one will always have it on hard mode... err, normal mode? Original mode... yeah!!! XD

But I loved the developers comeback with the "not skilled enough to escape our girls..." pure gold, and not just from their quip, but because they gave life to their creation when they said "our girls." This ultimately pleased me because you are essentially the parent to your creation :3[/quote]
I agree that the phrase "our girls" does sound like a father protecting his daughters which is beautiful if nothing else.

I will, however, point out that shaming the player base for not being skilled at something, even if it's a backfire from rude comments (Seriously, they could have focused on some bright points as well as there were many) could do damage to the developers as it will chase players away. People are more drawn to professional comebacks than comebacks that welcome a brawl of childish insults. Someone does have to be the grown up or nothing gets solved and the players tend to simply not support someone willing to stoop to their level. I know it's a pain to handle them, but when you are the grown up of the conversation, you'll find they can't really complain because they've been heard and if they do complain, the entire player base turns on them instead. Not sure what I said makes sense or if it's a paragraph of nothing (ADHD person here, sorry) but the short of it is, good things happen to people that handle things like pros.

As for the comment about the difficulty, it's great that you love and appreciate the hard difficulty of the game, and I wish I was as good and patient with games as you, but unfortunately not all of us are that great and as the poll proves, the majority of us aren't skilled enough to handle the full, lustful force of these girls. Giving us the option to play easy or normal mode was perhaps the best idea here as it appeases both the people like myself that aren't skilled, and people like yourself who is skilled, thus appeasing the entire player base, and let's face it, players like yourself get bragging rights for being able to play it at it's intended difficulty while players like me admire your awesomeness.

Edit: I screwed up the quoting sequence and dunno how to fix that. My bad.
NeneNoms
Participator

Postby Altimos » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:59 am

neko-pet wrote:
Altimos wrote:This pleases me and I certainly laughed XD
In real life, being shoved in or slid down into... I hope there is no easy mode X3

Oceansire wrote: Just seems asinine to me. Still, I appreciate the fix. Now both parties can be satisfied.

Altimos wrote:I agree with you (if you're talking about the overall nature of the issue), but at the same time as a developer, you'd want to listen to your player base. Though, I didn't like how they pushed the complaints and Eka did point out their mishandling of their comments.

But I loved the developers comeback with the "not skilled enough to escape our girls..." pure gold, and not just from their quip, but because they gave life to their creation when they said "our girls." This ultimately pleased me because you are essentially the parent to your creation :3

I agree that the phrase "our girls" does sound like a father protecting his daughters which is beautiful if nothing else.

I will, however, point out that shaming the player base for not being skilled at something, even if it's a backfire from rude comments (Seriously, they could have focused on some bright points as well as there were many) could do damage to the developers as it will chase players away. People are more drawn to professional comebacks than comebacks that welcome a brawl of childish insults. Someone does have to be the grown up or nothing gets solved and the players tend to simply not support someone willing to stoop to their level. I know it's a pain to handle them, but when you are the grown up of the conversation, you'll find they can't really complain because they've been heard and if they do complain, the entire player base turns on them instead. Not sure what I said makes sense or if it's a paragraph of nothing (ADHD person here, sorry) but the short of it is, good things happen to people that handle things like pros.

As for the comment about the difficulty, it's great that you love and appreciate the hard difficulty of the game, and I wish I was as good and patient with games as you, but unfortunately not all of us are that great and as the poll proves, the majority of us aren't skilled enough to handle the full, lustful force of these girls. Giving us the option to play easy or normal mode was perhaps the best idea here as it appeases both the people like myself that aren't skilled, and people like yourself who is skilled, thus appeasing the entire player base, and let's face it, players like yourself get bragging rights for being able to play it at it's intended difficulty while players like me admire your awesomeness.

Edit: I screwed up the quoting sequence and dunno how to fix that. My bad.

It seems you're missing the first bracket'd quote... the one where it has the quoted person's name in it... For each quote...

You make good points... However, it also falls in line with individuals being overly sensitive (regarding the witty comeback). It's not really about "being the bigger person/adult" for it's a jab more than any insult. I guess it comes down to the individual and how they take it... again circling back to being overly sensitive. In this day in age, you'll never please everybody... I think the issue is quite systemic in nature and has settled in many different cultures.

Ultimately, yes... you never want to shun your player base, but at the same time a quip or jab at their abilities makes it, in my book, enjoyable to see. Like I said, comes down to each their own. Thicker skin would certainly do this world some justice :wink:

I also roleplay, but cannot find a site yet to display a good enough interpretation of my preferences. So... just ask me.
Altimos
Somewhat familiar

Postby darknessblades » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:41 am

as for the game escape part could you please add a debug counter?

that way we can use cheatenigine to test for bugs by altering the value's {using this method to make it easier}

since at the waitress part there might be a event where people notice the girl in trouble, and the manager discovers you {just like in shrink exp}
darknessblades
Participator

Postby DevS098 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:05 am

neko-pet wrote:I will, however, point out that shaming the player base for not being skilled at something, even if it's a backfire from rude comments (Seriously, they could have focused on some bright points as well as there were many) could do damage to the developers as it will chase players away. People are more drawn to professional comebacks than comebacks that welcome a brawl of childish insults.

Hold on, this is a misunderstanding. I didn't have any intention to shame anyone here, just to communicate that I've made a easy mode for the game. Maybe I used the wrong words and though I do appreciate the comment of Altimos on the message, that was his interpretation. So don't go and jump straight up to conclusions and accuse me of shaming someone, please.

darknessblades wrote:as for the game escape part could you please add a debug counter?

that way we can use cheatenigine to test for bugs by altering the value's {using this method to make it easier}

since at the waitress part there might be a event where people notice the girl in trouble, and the manager discovers you {just like in shrink exp}

Personally I don't think I'd like to do that. The codes are already very complicated, adding the easy mode complicated them a bit further more and this would be... too much for me to handle, considering it's something that isn't even supposed to be in the game. So sorry but the answer for this is no.
And..
Spoiler: show
Actually I don't think that could be possible, Yuni IS the boss and owner of the cafè already :wink:
DevS098
Participator

Postby NeneNoms » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:49 am

My apologies if my earlier statement was put out wrong there, Dev. I in no way meant to say I felt attacked, but as Altimos put it, it does come down to a thickness of skin and people are quite sensitive in this day in age. Even though it's a pain some times, we should make sure to be careful of the things we say when representing our products because such people who are sensitive and easily offended have annoying ways of shutting people down. I say this not to attack you, but as a word of caution that they are everywhere, even in our community. Never drop your guard.

Altimos, sadly I couldn't quote the original there, hence how I screwed up the quote thing and couldn't fix it. It just wouldn't let me post more than a couple at a time. Perhaps to keep from lengthening the chat unnecisarily? (I butchered that word...) anyways, it was sad, but I had to let a quote go. I agree that people are just too sensitive these days, and whereas you can't please them all, it's best not to just go making an enemy out of whoever. You never know when they'll pop up with a big, ugly, block for you. Trust me, it's happened to me before. Say the wrong thing and boom! A month of regret!
NeneNoms
Participator

Postby Draupnir7 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:02 pm

Phrasing is important, certainly.
One would think from the title of the poll, for example, that you were receiving hate yourself, instead of just having a bunch of rowdy horny people express frustration at the base system of the game while asking for more content, because aside from the wildly varying difficulty, they all appreciate the work you've put in and what you've got so far and would like to see more.
Draupnir7
Somewhat familiar

Postby Afterthought » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:25 am

If you escape the first girl at night there is a glitch where you still hear her breathing even if you save and reload the game.

Other than that great game so far. I love what was done to the title screen and I really like the scenarios and the art.

But I do have to ask is there a reason for the RNG. There are three games like this so far and all of them rely on RNG for their difficulty. Shrinking fun mitigated this by adding a level up mechanic but it didn't really solve the problem. You could still get stuck on the first girl until you were able to just brute-force your way out. This game isn't hard it's just you could get unlucky 35 times in a row and be unable to progress or get lucky and have no problems what so ever. I am not saying RNG is bad but there are better ways to use it and better ways to make this game more difficult. I would offer ideas on how to fix this but I usually just get told "well why don't you use your own ideas" so I won't. Now I could be completely off base here and there not be any RNG in any of these games, though I doubt it, or I am the only person here who doesn't like the RNG if I am please disregard this.

I am not trying to make anyone upset here I am just trying to make it easier to understand why some of us have a problem with the difficulty
Afterthought
New to the forum

Postby Altimos » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:03 am

Afterthought wrote:If you escape the first girl at night there is a glitch where you still hear her breathing even if you save and reload the game.

Other than that great game so far. I love what was done to the title screen and I really like the scenarios and the art.

But I do have to ask is there a reason for the RNG. There are three games like this so far and all of them rely on RNG for their difficulty. Shrinking fun mitigated this by adding a level up mechanic but it didn't really solve the problem. You could still get stuck on the first girl until you were able to just brute-force your way out. This game isn't hard it's just you could get unlucky 35 times in a row and be unable to progress or get lucky and have no problems what so ever. I am not saying RNG is bad but there are better ways to use it and better ways to make this game more difficult. I would offer ideas on how to fix this but I usually just get told "well why don't you use your own ideas" so I won't. Now I could be completely off base here and there not be any RNG in any of these games, though I doubt it, or I am the only person here who doesn't like the RNG if I am please disregard this.

I am not trying to make anyone upset here I am just trying to make it easier to understand why some of us have a problem with the difficulty

Unfortunately, RNG is really the best possible choice for when it comes to determining a true/false to choices. Adding additional variables besides "leveling" and "strength" can help mitigate this further. The more variables to overshadow RNG will still never make it disappear entirely, but won't make it feel like your going for a PEN Ogre Ring in Black Dessert Online.

Ultimately, we want to keep the nuance of luck driven and linear play to make it feel like you're being challenged without being completely linear to where you can control every aspect of the outcome.

Altimos
Somewhat familiar

Postby momonari » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:48 am

Afterthought wrote:If you escape the first girl at night there is a glitch where you still hear her breathing even if you save and reload the game.

Hello, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the game ! going by the way you're talking about difficulty my best guess is you didn't read previous posts and simply rushed to make your own; Here's a little lesson on how to be more considerate towards game developers: Read the thread before posting complains; if you're just gonna say you loved the game and thank the developers for making such a great game for free, then you can rush to make your own post without reading anything at all, go ahead, by all means ! But if you're also going to complain about something, please, read the thread first, or at least all of the developer's posts in the thread; often the thing you're complaining about has already been said hundreds of times, some times it's even been said enough times to drive the developer to the edge of madness and some times the problem has already been fixed (Incidentally this is exactly the case with the RNG difficulty thing you just mentioned, it's been said a hundreds of times and it's already been fixed for the next update).

The developer has been analyzing the difficulty from the day this game was launched (that's why there's a poll to gauge the perceieved level of difficulty at the top of this very thread); a lot of RNG hate was thrown around, a lot of feed back was given and a couple of days ago the developer announced an "easy mode" for the next update of the game that along with other modifications will make the game a lot easier for those who choose to play the game in the "easy difficulty". So please put away your RNG hate, you don't need it here; soon you'll be able to escape the girls with minimal effort and frustration.

And for the sake of game makers : if you're gonna post any complaints, please read the thread before you post... or at least the develper posts throughout the whole thread (specially the latest ones).

And finally allow me congratulate you and thank you because even though you complained about the same thing so many did so many times although it has already been announced it was fixed. At least you made your complaint only after you said you liked the game and you complained in a very diplomatic and correct manner without showing disrespect. So, Kudos on that !
momonari
Participator

Postby NeneNoms » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:11 am

momonari wrote:

Hello, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the game ! going by the way you're talking about difficulty my best guess is you didn't read previous posts and simply rushed to make your own; Here's a little lesson on how to be more considerate towards game developers: Read the thread before posting complains; if you're just gonna say you loved the game and thank the developers for making such a great game for free, then you can rush to make your own post without reading anything at all, go ahead, by all means ! But if you're also going to complain about something, please, read the thread first, or at least all of the developer's posts in the thread; often the thing you're complaining about has already been said hundreds of times, some times it's even been said enough times to drive the developer to the edge of madness and some times the problem has already been fixed (Incidentally this is exactly the case with the RNG difficulty thing you just mentioned, it's been said a hundreds of times and it's already been fixed for the next update).

The developer has been analyzing the difficulty from the day this game was launched (that's why there's a poll to gauge the perceieved level of difficulty at the top of this very thread); a lot of RNG hate was thrown around, a lot of feed back was given and a couple of days ago the developer announced an "easy mode" for the next update of the game that along with other modifications will make the game a lot easier for those who choose to play the game in the "easy difficulty". So please put away your RNG hate, you don't need it here; soon you'll be able to escape the girls with minimal effort and frustration.

And for the sake of game makers : if you're gonna post any complaints, please read the thread before you post... or at least the develper posts throughout the whole thread (specially the latest ones).

And finally allow me congratulate you and thank you because even though you complained about the same thing so many did so many times although it has already been announced it was fixed. At least you made your complaint only after you said you liked the game and you complained in a very diplomatic and correct manner without showing disrespect. So, Kudos on that !

You might want to post a "known issue" thing in the first post. If nothing else, it will ensure that you won't have to read the same criticism over and over again as the information will be more ready at hand for those that tend to skip through the reading part and jumping straight to the posting part. I know we all hate to read through pages of posts, and you hate hearing the same thing repeated to you, so this might help everyone.
NeneNoms
Participator

Postby Someone92 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:55 am

What most people are annoyed by is not the difficulty, but that the game is (perceived as) unfair.

What I think are the main issues of this game are:

- Unclear game mechanics
- Limited information
- Randomness
- Not skippable, recurring events

What I exactly mean by that, and how it might be fixed:

Unclear game mechanics:
This is pretty evident. That without a guide even the very first fight is an almost insurmountable hurdle is bad game design. The first fight should be a linear and somewhat scripted fight that serves as a tutorial to teach you the game's mechanics.
E.g. in the first escape, the tutorial fight, "deep slumber" effect kick in way harder while inside than in most other escapes; this teaches the player that "Rest" comes with a penalty if used inside. Next, "Pleasure" does very little if you are still in the starting position, so the only option is "Wriggle out". Eventually you cannot advance any further. At this point the player will eventually use other options. If they use "Pleasure" at this point the girl gets heavily aroused, indicated visually, audible and textual. This teaches the player that the girls have g-spots. Now the way is clear, and with "Wriggle out" you manage to peak out; at this point the game should ensure that you have almost no Stamina left, so the only option is "Rest". Unlike previously, you do not get hit with a severe "deep slumber" effect, teaching players that it's much saver to use outside.

Limited information:
The sight distance is extremely limited. This isn't much of a problem right as you do not have to quickly navigate through the levels, but will become one if you ever have to escape outside in real time, like in Insides.
Dunno if it's planned to implement such gameplay mechanics, but if so the sight distance has to be increased. The camera could be further away, but most of the screen is blackened expect for a cone in front of you. The fog could also / or be gradually lifted the longer you stand still.

Randomness:
Some randomness is unavoidable, and it's hard to make a genuinely challenging RPG with turn-based combat and just a single person in your party. Along the g-spots patterns are properly the best way to create a challenging yet "fair" combat system. The player has to learn the tells and how to react to them, otherwise they are heavily punished.
E.g. every 3+1d3 turns the girl grabs her breasts. In the next turn she fondles her breasts, and if the player has not selected "Pleasure" that turn the girl gets annoyed and the player is pulled in.
Overall, this would make every escape harder the first time you try it, but a lot easier once you have learned the patterns.

Not skippable, recurring events:
Even well-written, well-animated and well-designed events get boring if you have to watch them the n-th time.
As you are planning to have to use the girls to travel, make it possible to skip an escape event if you have cleared it before.
Someone92
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby goldkingpie » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:32 pm

nice game
goldkingpie
Been posting for a bit

Postby DevS098 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:42 pm

Someone92 wrote:What most people are annoyed by is not the difficulty, but that the game is (perceived as) unfair.

What I think are the main issues of this game are:

- Unclear game mechanics
- Limited information
- Randomness
- Not skippable, recurring events

What I exactly mean by that, and how it might be fixed:

Unclear game mechanics:
This is pretty evident. That without a guide even the very first fight is an almost insurmountable hurdle is bad game design. The first fight should be a linear and somewhat scripted fight that serves as a tutorial to teach you the game's mechanics.
E.g. in the first escape, the tutorial fight, "deep slumber" effect kick in way harder while inside than in most other escapes; this teaches the player that "Rest" comes with a penalty if used inside. Next, "Pleasure" does very little if you are still in the starting position, so the only option is "Wriggle out". Eventually you cannot advance any further. At this point the player will eventually use other options. If they use "Pleasure" at this point the girl gets heavily aroused, indicated visually, audible and textual. This teaches the player that the girls have g-spots. Now the way is clear, and with "Wriggle out" you manage to peak out; at this point the game should ensure that you have almost no Stamina left, so the only option is "Rest". Unlike previously, you do not get hit with a severe "deep slumber" effect, teaching players that it's much saver to use outside.

Limited information:
The sight distance is extremely limited. This isn't much of a problem right as you do not have to quickly navigate through the levels, but will become one if you ever have to escape outside in real time, like in Insides.
Dunno if it's planned to implement such gameplay mechanics, but if so the sight distance has to be increased. The camera could be further away, but most of the screen is blackened expect for a cone in front of you. The fog could also / or be gradually lifted the longer you stand still.

Randomness:
Some randomness is unavoidable, and it's hard to make a genuinely challenging RPG with turn-based combat and just a single person in your party. Along the g-spots patterns are properly the best way to create a challenging yet "fair" combat system. The player has to learn the tells and how to react to them, otherwise they are heavily punished.
E.g. every 3+1d3 turns the girl grabs her breasts. In the next turn she fondles her breasts, and if the player has not selected "Pleasure" that turn the girl gets annoyed and the player is pulled in.
Overall, this would make every escape harder the first time you try it, but a lot easier once you have learned the patterns.

Not skippable, recurring events:
Even well-written, well-animated and well-designed events get boring if you have to watch them the n-th time.
As you are planning to have to use the girls to travel, make it possible to skip an escape event if you have cleared it before.

Let me tell my opinions for each one of these points:

-Unclear game mechanics.
We've told this before. We didn't have a yet good idea on how to do a tutorial for this game since we were trying to avoid it to have a too big.. tutorial feeling, let's say. So we decided to launch like it is now and to write the escape guide in case players had troubles. Again, we got an idea on how to explain things in the next update so this point has already been fixed.

-Limited Information
Ok, let's make this clear. The zoomed camera is pratically my way to have a feeling of a player into a giant world. There aren't any other ways that I know to do that on rpg maker. The tiles have a fixed dimension and literally noone in the world draws tilesets specific to be of a shrinking map. Even because that would probably mean every map of this and the other game should be enormous to get the right feelings and proportions. Your suggestions won't work anyway. We're trying to give a very big immersive feeling to this game so things like a black cone of view and fog won't work.
The former would mean you're permanently in a completely dark room, with only a flashlight of sort that let's you see. Completely nonsense if you think that noone else has these lights and that you would have this darkness even during the full light of the day..
The latter would be even worse. Thick fog around you in buildings would mean that there's a fire in the place! Letting out so much smoke to basically chocke everyone in the building. Not really the best, I think....

-Randomness
Again, back in immersive perspective. We don't have patterns because there won't be any in this situation. Leaving aside how hard it would be to code those patterns that you say, since all that level of polish requires quite the amount of lines of code as you could imagine.. it won't be immersive. A foe that tells you what its next attack would be is something very stupid. And even provided it does, a smart enemy won't be so stupid to keep doing a same thing you're able to dodge/defend/etc. We don't have mindless animals here but smart human girls.

- Non skippable, recurring events.
Way too hard as you could think. And totally immersion break. There won't be any rational ways to explain this in terms of what happens to you and how exactly did you get in a specific place at a specific time. So that would mean either putting a choice or leave it to complete random. But having a choice destroys the main feeling of this game and complete randomness could become problematic too..
DevS098
Participator

Postby teslacoil22 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:29 pm

For a tutorial, why not have a event with the girl you see at the beginning, go full xcom style with the tutorial where you get railroaded through the tutorial as it describes what your doing and shows several failed results, and give a skip tutorial option. You could even leave the latter half of the tutorial to the players to try and escape from as a bragging rights challenge.
teslacoil22
Been posting for a bit

Postby AkaFudo » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:08 am

This game is great! :-D
AkaFudo
New to the forum

Postby bluefire121 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:11 am

I like this game a lot and really am looking forward to see more added to it, even more so due to farts being in, ( Don't get a lot of people who make game with them and stick around)

I will say I think some times the game can be a little unfair, I have escaped both girls, so I know it is not impossible and I like to see some difficultly in games, but I have had things like this happen to me and it feels like I got screwed bad for playing the game the way the guide teaches. I got to the G-Spot and use it to get Yuni to cum and push me almost to the exit and still had a very good amount of stamina i think about 75, after using wiggle outs and rest, I got to just outside of her and this string of events happened.

Use Wiggle out - pulled in
Rest - Got little to no stamina and pulled in

I basically then just got no stamina from resting and just could not recover. I don't think I was playing incorrectly and if I am, then it is my own problem, but I felt like I got screwed due to bad RNG instead of how I played.

Just felt I should write this in a post. As I said at the top, I am looking forward to this game and can't wait for a update. Best of luck to you.
bluefire121
New to the forum

Postby WoWoW » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:11 pm

Hello! You can probably see I'm just a very very old lurker, but I just wanted to say a few things. First, I hope you don't take the complaints to your game too bad. The way I see it, they see your game is of good quality and are getting angry for your sake of improving the game, even if they go about it in the worst way possible. As for myself, I'm not even big on endo yet this game has been very fun for me and I look forward to what you add in the future. I can see you are putting a lot of passion into it, which is great because few games do that anymore and try to use some kind of formula to be a good game. From my experience, making what YOU enjoy is what will lead this game to a bright future.

As for what I hope to offer, I hope to offer some practical suggestions. I've hardly touched coding myself, and I know you already made the easy mode, but a suggestion is if you are working with percentages, to simply increase the percentages by a certain amount if the game has said game mode on. You can add various difficulties this way, though if you are doing something simply like rolling a 5 sided die for equal outcomes, I imagine this advice won't work and you will need to find your own workaround.

But enough of that, since I know difficulty has been beaten to death by now. Some other advice I hope to offer would be a scene guide. Basically "go here at this time to get x scene". I can understand if you are against this though since I understand the appeal of having a game your fans have to explore on their own, but perhaps you can feature said scene guide should someone else make it.

Hope you can continue to follow what you like and improve the game. A word of warning, I have seen other creators fall into the trap of simple listening to the majority of their fans. While taking input on how your fans feel is important, letting a majority decide how the final game comes out will impact it's quality most of the time, so best to just do what you like while taking others advice into consideration. Good luck with your passion!
WoWoW
New to the forum

Postby Someone92 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:57 am

DevS098 wrote:-Limited Information
Ok, let's make this clear. The zoomed camera is pratically my way to have a feeling of a player into a giant world. There aren't any other ways that I know to do that on rpg maker. The tiles have a fixed dimension and literally noone in the world draws tilesets specific to be of a shrinking map. (...)

Okay, after reading that paragraph multiple times I think I understand what you are trying to say: You zoom in so much because you want to have the tiles be big on the player's screen, right?
Dunno if it's possible in RPG Maker, but one way to increase the line of sight would be to move the camera in the direction you are looking. e.g. if your character is facing right the character is in the tile on the very left. That way you can see a little further while the tiles stay as huge as possible.

Btw: Fog = Fog of War

DevS098 wrote:-Randomness
(...) A foe that tells you what its next attack would be is something very stupid. (...)

A "tell" is a clue of what is about to happen or had happened. They can be visual, audible and or textual. E.g. the specific line of text you get after finding the g-spot is a "tell", seeing to much milk accumulated in the breasts is a "tell" about how aroused she is.

DevS098 wrote:- Non skippable, recurring events.
Way too hard as you could think. And totally immersion break. There won't be any rational ways to explain this in terms of what happens to you and how exactly did you get in a specific place at a specific time.

Why would it be hard to explain or immersion breaking if the player character managed to achieve something they already have achieved before?
Last edited by Someone92 on Thu May 14, 2020 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Someone92
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby tgcidolfus » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:03 pm

It is because the game creator makes the world they want, not what you want. I've played immersive games before and if you let yourself become immersed in said games they (at least for me) become more enjoyable. This gives weight to circumstances the character and therefor the player some meaningfulness of their situations they find themselves in. Also if you haven't played the other games made by DevS098, aka Insides, are what most people consider hard and unfair, and trying to hammer that they need to change their vision of a game to fit your desires, for their freely given content seems arrogant.

People also need to stop and remember that this is basically still the initial release and we haven't seen anything massively change in terms of content so chill with the firestorm and let Dev work on it or there could never be another release.
tgcidolfus
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game